What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
Looks like all the fun is in the DraftKings thread.  I'll start it up here.

The following is the placeholder line up I threw together while watching Monday Night Football: Watson, Barkley, Carson, Murray, Edleman, Sutton, J. Brown, Hill, NE

I think this week is shaping up like so many of the others this year...a wide range of options at QB, pay up at RB, NE defense...cobble together the rest.  McCaffrey is always an option, but at $9600 against one of the better defenses in the league...I think I'll pass and step down $1k to Barkley as an anchor.  Kamara looks to be out again making Murray an attractive value.  Carson with a solid match up also...I wouldn't be opposed to using Chubb, Fournette, Jacobs, or even Mack if I need to find more salary relief.  I have no idea what Cook's status is in NO for this week, but if he is out, Hill is a cheap TE option against the Cardinals and he showed this past week he can get it done.  Henry, Hooper, Engram , and Everett are all options in play at TE.  Not sure I want the Saints stack, but heck, against ARI, it could be viable.   At WR, I feel like I am throwing darts every week... Hopkins, Lockett, Golladay, the three Rams all look enticing.  How about Sanders in his new uniform??  Fitz looks good again...I keep getting suckered back in.  I am through with him.

If Kamara is out, Murray is a lock.  Especially since RB seems difficult this week.  

Love Matt Ryan's matchup and game script but not touching him unless it's reported he's clearly good to go.  Wilson, Goff, and Watson have great matchups but potential game script concerns.  

I don't quite get the Carson love.  Yes the volume should be there, but it was there last week too and he didn't capitalize.  Atlanta's defense is good against the run, a lot better than Baltimore's was.  The game script to me looks like a lot of Russell Wilson early on against Atlanta's terrible secondary, and if they get to a sizable lead, we'll start seeing more of Penny than we'd want to in garbage time.  

I'm probably worrying too much about Barkley's game script, but he didn't exactly smash last week in a great matchup and this week's game script looks to be worse for him although Detroit is bad against the run too. He's probably just a set and forget.

LOVE Sutton's air yards/volume recently but I worry about him getting WR1 treatment from defenses with Sanders gone.  

Don't want to touch Rams WRs right now.  With the emergence of Everett, all of their WRs have seen a good drop in air yards and WOPR, and the whole thing is a mess to try and figure out.  

Love Matt Ryan's matchup and game script but not touching him unless it's reported he's clearly good to go. 
I haven't seen any official report from his MRI today, but the injury was described as a likely high ankle sprain, so I am not hopeful. 

I haven't seen any official report from his MRI today, but the injury was described as a likely high ankle sprain, so I am not hopeful. 
I thought I read that a high ankle sprain was the initial diagnosis, but second look showed it was not. Lemme see if I can dig up that report. If he does play, he is in a good spot.

schaub didn’t look terrible in garbage time either. He’s a capable backup. I doubt I run him in any lineups, but I’ll keep his skill position players in sporadic gpp lineups as contrarian plays 

Last edited by a moderator:
My first attempt at cash for Fanduel

Josh Allen

Barkley, Fournette, Hyde

Sutton, John Brown, Lockett

Jared Cook (if healthy)

Rams D

Allen for rushing upside and easy secondary to pick on, I think he's pretty chalk. 

Barkley, Fournette easy choices probably chalky, Hyde I'm hoping for positive game script at home should be able to get something. 

Sutton for volume and he's been good, Brown because #1 WR's go OFF against the Eagles, Lockett for the get right game against everyone's favorite Falcons

Cook is obvious against Cardinals if he goes.  If not I'll have to get creative and save/spend more on TE cause there is no 1 for 1 swap there.

Rams at home against Cincinnati are obvious, even at 5k, probably would rather pay the same for the Pats though.  Save here for TE if need be. 

Moving off of Allen in favor of Wilson at QB due to the Buffalo weather forecast.  Surprisingly, getting Wilson, Barkley, McCaffery on the same team is totally doable but it requires Kamara to be out so Murray's low salary is taken advantage of.  Also want a healthy Cook.  

I think people are dismissing CMC vs SF too quickly.  The only good RB SF has faced (Chubb) achieved over 5 yards per carry.  

Moving off of Allen in favor of Wilson at QB due to the Buffalo weather forecast.  Surprisingly, getting Wilson, Barkley, McCaffery on the same team is totally doable but it requires Kamara to be out so Murray's low salary is taken advantage of.  Also want a healthy Cook.  

I think people are dismissing CMC vs SF too quickly.  The only good RB SF has faced (Chubb) achieved over 5 yards per carry.  
It will be a tough match up, but the thing that keeps CMC still a viable option is that he gets it done via ground and/or air.  He'll still get his and has a decent enough floor as the only show in town, but I don't think he has the typical CMC ceiling this week.

Holy hell...6 teams with 3-star running and 3-star passing ratings on the Vegas Value chart!!  Some big spreads this week.

Current cash lineup-

Tannehill Fournette Barkley Kupp Lockett Davis Engram TyJohnson  Jags

Off to a good start on the week, won $.25 in the showdown freeroll😎

Week 8 Cash will consist of

Either Watson or Wilson

Barkly, L4, Bell, Gurley or LMurray (getting conflicting reports on Kamara's status)

Sutton. MThom, Stills, Edleman, Westbrook

Waller, JHill

NE, Indy or Jax

Week 8 Cash will consist of

Either Watson or Wilson

Barkly, L4, Bell, Gurley or LMurray (getting conflicting reports on Kamara's status)

Sutton. MThom, Stills, Edleman, Westbrook

Waller, JHill

NE, Indy or Jax
I have very similar thoughts for cash.  Some concerns I have though that is keeping me from deciding on a final lineup.

Sutton - Worried about Indy's defense particularly the mismatch in the trenches.  

Thomas - Will Peterson shadow? 

I have very similar thoughts for cash.  Some concerns I have though that is keeping me from deciding on a final lineup.

Sutton - Worried about Indy's defense particularly the mismatch in the trenches.  

In terms of cash, both are all about the volume and with the Sanders trade FD did not adjust the Sutton salary to account for the increased targets.

As far as MThom goes I'm not worried about him getting Peterson but I am worried about his salary, there is a good chance I go with Sutton/Westbrook/Stills or Edleman, much will depend on LMurray and his role.

If Kamara is out or limited then I think I go

Watson/Murray/L4/Sutt/Westbrook/Edleman/Waller/LBell/NE

If Kamara goes then I will pivot to

Watson/L4/Gurley/Sutt/Westy/Hopkins/JHill/Bell/Jax

I think Thomas is pretty much match up proof...shadow or no shadow.  I won't be playing him, because I don't have that cash available for WR, but I would feel comfortable with him.

My line up hasn't changed much since my place holder.  Currently have Watson, Barkley, Fournette, Murray, Edelman, Sutton, Brown?, Hill?, NE  ($600 left)

Still looking at that WR3 spot...Boyd, Stills, Davis, D. Thomas, Sanders???  If I spend down a little further at that WR3 spot, I would try to move up in TE, but not sure I could save enough there to get up to a meaningful name like Engram, Hooper, Waller...

I think Thomas is pretty much match up proof...shadow or no shadow.  I won't be playing him, because I don't have that cash available for WR, but I would feel comfortable with him.

My line up hasn't changed much since my place holder.  Currently have Watson, Barkley, Fournette, Murray, Edelman, Sutton, Brown?, Hill?, NE  ($600 left)

Still looking at that WR3 spot...Boyd, Stills, Davis, Thomas, Sanders???  If I spend down a little further at that WR3 spot, I would try to move up in TE, but not sure I could save enough there to get up to a meaningful name like Engram, Hooper, Waller...
Yeah I can't really afford Thomas so it's kind of a pointless question.  I'm fading the Bills passing game so long as the forecast continues to call for 20 mph winds and rain.  Allen is inaccurate in normal conditions, hate to see him in windy conditions.  

It keeps looking like Kamara is going to play.  Even if in a limited role, I don't think I want to roll with Murray anymore at this point.  I need to rethink a few things now...

Would love to hear more thoughts on week 8 GPPs.
My go-to gpp rb is Coleman.  Low owned and getting a ton of volume.  Also 13 rz touches the last 2 weeks.  Also thinking about Ekeler, but that might be more of a DK play? 

Current plan for my SE gpp is:

Watson- Coleman/Michel/Ekeler- Hopkins/Stills/Chark -Waller - NE

I like the oak/houst game, and the idea of using a couple lower owned rbs that get volume.  Will stare at this a little more.  

Everyone seems to be pretty high on Brown this week in Buffalo.  I understand that he his going against Philly which should be a gold mine, but the forecast for game time does not look good at all.  He fits into lineups nicely on both Fanduel and DK, but I really don't want to see a repeat of the Wash/SF matchup from last week.  Am I thinking too much or are others staying away from him as well?

KarmaPolice said:
My go-to gpp rb is Coleman.  Low owned and getting a ton of volume.  Also 13 rz touches the last 2 weeks.  Also thinking about Ekeler, but that might be more of a DK play? 

Current plan for my SE gpp is:

Watson- Coleman/Michel/Ekeler- Hopkins/Stills/Chark -Waller - NE

I like the oak/houst game, and the idea of using a couple lower owned rbs that get volume.  Will stare at this a little more.  
one of my 3 SE entries has some pieces of those too. Debating throwing waller in this lineup, but I don't like losing that 100 bucks from another player for this lineup. Love Henry this week for both GPP and Cash. 

Watson - Barkley/Ty Johnson/Fournette - Hopkins/JBrown/AJ Brown - Henry - Panthers

I also like the HOU/OAK game. Also a big fan of the NYG/DET game as well.  Love the watson/Hopkins stack this week. I don't like to stack much in cash games, but ill be using this stack in at least half my cash games. 

Been noticing the winners of these tourneys do have some contrarian plays, but its only usually 1-3 players. They do mix in a handful of "not as chalky" plays, but still chalk plays in comparison. 

Everyone seems to be pretty high on Brown this week in Buffalo.  I understand that he his going against Philly which should be a gold mine, but the forecast for game time does not look good at all.  He fits into lineups nicely on both Fanduel and DK, but I really don't want to see a repeat of the Wash/SF matchup from last week.  Am I thinking too much or are others staying away from him as well?
They are calling for rain, but unless the wind picks up to 25+ MPH, I'm not too concerned about it. Too good of a matchup to not use him some. They won't be able to run much on Philly, forcing them to pass. 

Looks like the Jags will have newly acquired FA LBs or practice squad call up LBs at WILL and SAM today.  Add to that the fact that our run stuffer DT M Darious is out due to surgery so I expect LBell to have a huge day today

Waiting on Kamara news to finalize my cash LUs

Anyone downgrading MThom now that Brees is starting??  The layoff might hurt and DHopkins is a pivot and most cash LUs will have Watson at QB 

GPP LUs for today

Minshew/Mack/McCaff/Chark/Westbrook/Stills/Hockenson/Barkley/Indy

Rivers/Eck/Coleman/Lockett/Coutee/MThom/HHendry/Fournette/Jags

Brady/Gurly/Bell/Edelman/JMyers/Chark/Waller/Kupp/NE

Staff/TYJohn/JJacobs/Golloday/Hopkins/Westbrook/Everett/Barkley/Jags

Watson/Carson/LMurray/Hopkins/Stills/Lockett/Watson/Bell/Buff

Goff/Gurley/Mack/Kupp/Golloday/Chark/JHill/Bell/Indy

Winston/Fournette/Gurly/GTate/Woods/Hopkins/JHill/LMurray/Rams

Watson/Henry/Coleman/Metkaff/Hopkins/Woods/Hockenson/Edmonds/Rams

Will post Cash LUs later when I hear more on the NO RB situation

Only playing about $250 this week so around $150 cash and $100 GPP

Good luck gents and go Jags

Looks like the Jags will have newly acquired FA LBs or practice squad call up LBs at WILL and SAM today.  Add to that the fact that our run stuffer DT M Darious is out due to surgery so I expect LBell to have a huge day today
Yep...saw that as well, and have moved from Barkley to Bell in one line up to save some money.  Moved from Murray to Bell in another.  Still trying to settle on a single line up.

Waiting on Kamara news to finalize my cash LUs

Anyone downgrading MThom now that Brees is starting??  The layoff might hurt and DHopkins is a pivot and most cash LUs will have Watson at QB 

GPP LUs for today

Minshew/Mack/McCaff/Chark/Westbrook/Stills/Hockenson/Barkley/Indy

Rivers/Eck/Coleman/Lockett/Coutee/MThom/HHendry/Fournette/Jags

Brady/Gurly/Bell/Edelman/JMyers/Chark/Waller/Kupp/NE

Staff/TYJohn/JJacobs/Golloday/Hopkins/Westbrook/Everett/Barkley/Jags

Watson/Carson/LMurray/Hopkins/Stills/Lockett/Watson/Bell/Buff

Goff/Gurley/Mack/Kupp/Golloday/Chark/JHill/Bell/Indy

Winston/Fournette/Gurly/GTate/Woods/Hopkins/JHill/LMurray/Rams

Watson/Henry/Coleman/Metkaff/Hopkins/Woods/Hockenson/Edmonds/Rams

Will post Cash LUs later when I hear more on the NO RB situation

Only playing about $250 this week so around $150 cash and $100 GPP

Good luck gents and go Jags
Schefter reporting he’s out this week

Yep...saw that as well, and have moved from Barkley to Bell in one line up to save some money.  Moved from Murray to Bell in another.  Still trying to settle on a single line up.
Bell's usage the last couple weeks had me second guessing him this week. 

Bell's usage the last couple weeks had me second guessing him this week. 
As bad as Darnold looked last week, I think they will need to lean on Bell more as they build up Darnold's confidence.  With Jacksonville's issues, it seems to be set up for it.  I get your hesitation though.  Nothing about trusting the Jets is a slam dunk.

Seems like it's getting harder and harder to find those <5% plays for gpps the last couple weeks.  

Looking at ownership #s, and I guess my favorite play is Ekeler + Chargers D, and hope the coaches realize that Gordon sucks and Trubisky does Trubisky things.   Chicago run D has been terrible the last few weeks.

Otherwise, I guess I like Rivers as well at <1% ownership.  Chargers have been passing as much as anybody the last few weeks.   Also seem to be landing on the combo of Metcalf/J.Brown/Chark.  I just love the big aDOT guys for gpps.  If T.Williams is playing I like Carr more and that Oak/Houst game even more.  Carr might have to pass even more if Jacobs is out.    I also like going with CMC or Barkley instead of Carson/Fournette.    Maybe go high/low with salary like CMC/Murray instead of 2 middle guys?

Anyway, good luck all!!

With Kamara out Cash LUs are

Watson/Edmonds/Murray/Sutton/Westbrook/Hopkins/Waller/Fournett/Indy

Watson/Bell/Fournette/Sutton/Edelman/Chark/Waller/LMurray/NE

As bad as Darnold looked last week, I think they will need to lean on Bell more as they build up Darnold's confidence.  With Jacksonville's issues, it seems to be set up for it.  I get your hesitation though.  Nothing about trusting the Jets is a slam dunk.
I was just surprised when I was going my touches/g list and saw how much Bell's touches have dropped the last few weeks.  

Also wanted to get some Cook in LUs so I did a GPP and $20 worth of 100 player $2 50/50s

Watson/Cook/Conner/Sutton/Stills/Westbrook/JHill/Fournette/Minn

Got 37.60 out of Cook/Minn

finalize my cash lineup this morning with all the new news.  No Kamara = Lat Murray.  No OJ Howard = Brate.  Brees is underpriced = autoplay right?  Anyways

Brees

Barkley, Fournette, Lat Murray

Sutton, Golladay, Lockett

Brate

Rams/Patriots take your pick for a 1 for 1 swap.  Personally I trust Dalton more than Baker, that is to throw an INT so I'm going Rams.  

finalize my cash lineup this morning with all the new news.  No Kamara = Lat Murray.  No OJ Howard = Brate.  Brees is underpriced = autoplay right?  Anyways

Brees

Barkley, Fournette, Lat Murray

Sutton, Golladay, Lockett

Brate

Rams/Patriots take your pick for a 1 for 1 swap.  Personally I trust Dalton more than Baker, that is to throw an INT so I'm going Rams.  
Brees being rusty doesn't scare you off?  I think they just feed Murray and give Brees easy sure pass plays to get him back into the swing of things

revised cash lineups 

Wilson, Murray/Michel/Fournette, Robinson/Fitz/Golladay, Waller, Pats

Watson, Barkley/TyJohnson/Fournette, Nuke/Fitz/JBrown, Henry, Panthers

(back and forth with John brown and the weather in that game. I just still think they have to throw against our horrid secondary. I just need one big play out of him, but he sees 7+ targets a game)

I throw these each into a 1$ 100 man lineup and a gpp of some sort. I hate nothing more than running a cash lineup(for its perceived safe floor) that hits big and I didn't put in a GPP or cash+ game. 

Brees being rusty doesn't scare you off?  I think they just feed Murray and give Brees easy sure pass plays to get him back into the swing of things
Doesn't scare me at all.  What does is that he re-injures or isn't fully healthy but the price seems good enough to go with it.  I do think they feed Murray a lot as well, so having Murray there hedges if Brees isn't fully himself.  

Didn't do cash, but tried a couple gpps - took a stab at the Sunday million that is barely hanging on for min cash.  

My FD league entry is kicking butt though - sitting at about 180pts.  I put that in a $1 gpp too, and right now it's 5th place, but I will have no players left (it's Sun-Mon slate), so I am sure that will be lowered a bit.  Still should hang on to win the league for $9 though, and hopefully can hang on to min cash the Sunday Million entry.  

LU was:  Goff - Barkely/L.Murray/Coleman - Woods/Hopkins/J.Brown - J.Smith - NE.  

Phew.  Hung on to cash by less than a point.   League LU ended up with 183.48pts.  Should at least 2x on the day even if that gpp loses ground over the next couple nights.  

Pretty high cut lines in the 50/50s and big $2 double ups

My cash LUs split with one scoring 119.56 and the other scoring 160.26.  Westbrook leaving the game killed my first LU

Had GPPs of 162.88 and 152.13 cash and had GPPs of 139.88 and 135.76 not cash

Over all $252 in and $239 out

Still have the Th-Mon GPP and $20 worth of $2 100 player 50/50s left but need 30+ from Conner to cash in those to make for a positive weekend, otherwise going to be a small loss for the week

Users who are viewing this thread