What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Baseball cheatsheets? (1 Viewer)

shims3

Footballguy
I have been strictly a fantasy football player for years and this year I was talked into playing fantasy baseball. Do any of you experts out there have a site that you would recommend to help me with the draft? I wish there was a site called Baseballguys that was equivalent to FBG.

I have been strictly a fantasy football player for years and this year I was talked into playing fantasy baseball. Do any of you experts out there have a site that you would recommend to help me with the draft? I wish there was a site called Baseballguys that was equivalent to FBG.
As the regular season draws nearer, there will be a bunch of rankings available on the big commercial sites (Yahoo, ESPN, SI, etc.) as well as fantasy forums and blogs. There are also a number of different projection systems (PECOTA, Bill James, Zips) that have their own idiosyncrasies. Fantasy baseball is more complicated than football. There's a much greater variety of categories and positions to consider. Always keep your league's format in mind when you read through other people's articles.

Eephus is correct - there are more complications in FB drafts vs FF. Auctions are much more similar in the method as you control your roster building more.

The best suggestion is to read ALL the free stuff you can and if you really want to get more involved and have questions answered and get more personal help, subscribe to one of the very good pay sites - yeah I am biased but I also give all FBG a money back guarantee with a Platinum Subscription ($34.95) at www.mastersball.com

Eephus is correct - there are more complications in FB drafts vs FF. Auctions are much more similar in the method as you control your roster building more.The best suggestion is to read ALL the free stuff you can and if you really want to get more involved and have questions answered and get more personal help, subscribe to one of the very good pay sites - yeah I am biased but I also give all FBG a money back guarantee with a Platinum Subscription ($34.95) at www.mastersball.com
I will check out that site. I will definitely read up, but since this is a daily event for 4+ months, I can't keep up on a daily basis. I will need some "insider" help!

Lastplayerpicked has customizable dollar value lists which can be made based upon several different projection systems. It's a short step from dollar values to draft rankings.

I used to have more free time and went through everything, time's a lot less available these days so unless it's on yahoo or razzball or I watch it I probably won't know it. It's been working so far.

Hi Kevin. It is in Excel, but there is the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy which a number of people on this forum have used in the past. Hopefully with good testimonials...

You can find it here:

http://www.draftbuddy.com/

Check the demo videos to see what it does, and you can review the projections included in the Compiler on the website. Or you can import other projections into the Compiler, or input your own. Lots of flexibility. Works for roto or fantasy points leagues. Works for auction or pick style drafts. If you have any questions let me know.

Hi Kevin. It is in Excel, but there is the Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy which a number of people on this forum have used in the past. Hopefully with good testimonials...

You can find it here:

Check the demo videos to see what it does, and you can review the projections included in the Compiler on the website. Or you can import other projections into the Compiler, or input your own. Lots of flexibility. Works for roto or fantasy points leagues. Works for auction or pick style drafts. If you have any questions let me know.
;) Thanks!

You can find it here:

Uh oh...watch out Mastersball.

You can find it here:

Uh oh...watch out Mastersball.
At the platinum forums, Hook gives live, real-time Draft Dominator calculations. Computer programs giving answers like robots? GTFO!

Anyone have any experience with Fantasy Sports Central? They have a combined cheat sheet using various sites.

You can find it here:

used this for a few years...good stuff

You can find it here:

I'll never get over those McLouth projections from a couple of years back.

Anyone know if there is a drafting software tool that runs similar to Draft Dominator?
There are several of themRoto Lab has been around quite a while (I believe they use projections from BaseballHQ but if you know what you are doing you can import other projections or change them yourself)and Yes since someone mentioned the name Mastersball.com has it's own draft software with their projections (the bonus is that they will help you customize it if you have unusual league settings)

Anyone know if there is a drafting software tool that runs similar to Draft Dominator?
There are several of themRoto Lab has been around quite a while (I believe they use projections from BaseballHQ but if you know what you are doing you can import other projections or change them yourself)and Yes since someone mentioned the name Mastersball.com has it's own draft software with their projections (the bonus is that they will help you customize it if you have unusual league settings)
rotolab is by far the best draft software to use.If you subscribe to HQ, you can download their updates as HQ updates them. It is VERY easy to change projections on your own. The great thing is that when you change them, further HQ updates do NOT override your changes.I change almost all of them by the time the season starts, but the HQ updates are great for injuries late in the spring and trades.It is similar in functionality to FBG. The only feature I wish it had that FBG has is "self mocking" against other ADP info to test different strategies to optimize my draft spot.

You can find it here:

I'll never get over those McLouth projections from a couple of years back.
Braves fan doing the projections. He got a little excited about their offense that year.If you aren't a fan of the projections you can import pretty much any projections you can find that are in digital form using Projection Pal (demo video) or edit the projections that are in there, or add your own. There are numerous spots for different sets of projections, and options to do a weighted average of the projections or prior year stats.

I have used Fantistics (http://www.insiderbaseball.com/) for the last 3 years and have had good results with the drafting software though I wished it had in-season management of the teams. I'm looking around for something else this year because it is kind of expensive ($50).

I'm gonna start this post with the question I came to get answered and then give a rundown of the sites I've used this year: Does anyone have an opinion on which sites have the best in-season player summaries?

This is my first year playing fantasy baseball. I didn't know who half the players in the Top 10 were before I started researching for the draft. I've watched maybe a total of 20 innings this year. We play 7x7 H2H with fairly standard categories, and the other guys have been playing in this league for years. And I've been in first place since week 1. I used Bloomberg Front Office/Rotoworld for my draft, and Rotoworld/Razzball for my in-season team management. I mean the results speak for themselves but here's what I think of each.

Bloomberg ($20/year): Built-in to the Yahoo league site. Their projections seem to be very model-driven; it feels like there is no human reasonableness checking going on. Some of their rankings were waaaay different from Yahoo, ESPN, and Rotoworld. My "shark" friends thought I had the worst draft ever, but my team is still made up of 80% of the players I drafted. In-season management does not live up to what it promises. It syncs up with your Yahoo league and automatically pulls in your roster and scoring. It then suggests lineup moves, free agents, and gives you a dashboard to monitor how well you are doing at each category. Some of the features appear to just be broken. Also, their in-season player rankings seem silly. Stephen Drew is still a recommended pick up.

Rotoworld ($50/year included Draft Kit and Season Pass): Has a draft tool that is similar to Draft Dominator; it was definitely more customizable than DD. In hindsight, the rankings were pretty good. They had a lot of players that were pegged as busts by other sites, many of whom were busts, ranked pretty high. Their closer report, daily pickup, weekly/daily starter rankings, and other tools/features that allow you to perform your own analysis are great. Another great in-season feature is their emailed news alerts. I get about 60 emails a week on both general news and news related to my team. I've made some AWESOME waiver moves based on up-to-the-second news breaks. But again, like Bloomberg, I don't understand their tool that provides in-season projections based on your scoring system. Playoffs are right around the corner yet they still have players listed that probably won't come off the DL this year. I wish, like FBG, their player projections provided insight into their rankings.

Razzball (Free): I find Razzball to be the best source (and it's free! But buy Grey a daiquiri) for in-season analysis. I think pretty much every day there is an entry with top news items and his opinions on players. I went from only 1 save producer to 7 by the end of May. Even the pre-season stuff is great. Whereas Bloomberg and Rotoworld are more projection-based, Razzball tells you why you should draft or avoid a player. Also, I prefer the tiering system they use.

Baseball Outsiders ($5/mo, fixed price for projections, maybe $20?): Loved Money Ball so this was the first place I went. I didn't actually know what I was buying, but I bought something. Whatever it was I bought, I didn't understand it. Stay away if you're not a stat pro.

Mr. Pickles had the best cheatsheets hands down.

When he was doing them I won my league 2 years in a row. I don't follow baseball nearly as much as football.

His cheatsheets were awesome.

I miss them.

:sadbanana:

Users who are viewing this thread