What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FantasyScore Staff Sunday Cash Plays Week 14 (1 Viewer)

Andrew Garda

Week 14 has kicked off at FantasyScore already and the Footballguys staff has pulled together a few lineups and I’ve picked out a few things which I thought were worth talking about.

Subscribers can see the full lineups here.

Staff Trends

QB Diversity

The staff went several different directions with this week’s quarterback selections. On the high end was Russell Wilson, who has a tremendous matchup against Baltimore.

In the middle is Ryan Fitzpatrick who has quietly been consistent and likely put himself in line for an extension and the starting Jets quarterback job next year. Facing Tennessee is a great place to be for a mid-price guy. You also have Alex Smith, who is coming off two decent games, though last week’s against Oakland hinged on a rare rushing touchdown on the part of Smith. He’s inconsistent but doesn’t throw interceptions and has a defense which will get him back on the field early and often.

On the lower end of things is Johnny Manziel, who faces a decent matchup in San Francisco, but has few weapons beyond Gary Barnidge, little defense and a track record of issues. He has upside though, especially in terms of rushing yards, so he’s worth the risk when you pair him with three top receivers as Chad Parsons did.

[SIZE=10pt]Spiller & Draughn[/SIZE]

Sadly, not a show coming to Netflix. They are two guys who ended up (either together or individually) in several lineups. The low prices and the high upside were definitely factors but they both have downsides as well.

Draughn is in an awful offense so even going against the Cleveland Browns is no guarantee of a good game. Meanwhile, Spiller

could be splitting time with Tim Hightower, though I do like the idea that he (Spiller) could see more passes thrown his direction with Brandin Cooks out.

Top Wide Receivers

Everyone had at least one top receiver, and in some cases two or three. Odell Beckham Jr. and Antonio Brown were in the most lineups, and Brandon Marshall saw a few starts as well.

I myself had not only Beckham Jr and Brown, but A.J. Green as well, though his production has been so scattered I don’t know if you’d call him a “stud” in DFS anymore.

In return I had to roll out Will Tye (yarg) and both Draughn AND Spiller (along with DeAngelo Williams).

I think the trio of awesome at wide receiver is worth the risk but I suppose we’ll find out.

Diamonds in the Rough

We covered a lot of these in the above section, though it’s worth noting that most of the staff went diving for tight ends. Tye cost me $1700, while Austin Seferian-Jenkins is $2600 and Ben Watson is at $3200.

Watson has the best upside of course, as he has consistently been productive and now has a chance to be even moreso with Cooks out.

Baltimore’s Kamar Aiken also got a start and while he will have a tough row to hoe against Seattle, his $4600 makes it possible for him to make his value. Finally, Brian Hartline is just $2000, and has a lot of upside against a shaky San Francisco defense. Of course, his offense is shaky so his bust potential is high, but he leaves you with money to shore things up somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread