What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fassel and Neuheisel candidates for Oak job (1 Viewer)

jeter23

Footballguy
One Raiders source said to keep your eyes on two head-coaching candidates who had yet to interview for the Raiders job at press-time Jim Fassel and Rick Neuheisel, both Baltimore assistants. While all the recent talk surrounds Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, the source said Whisenhunt is far from a sure thing.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/62491.htm

It seems like everyone not currently on a NFL staff is a candidate for the Oakland Raiders job.

:banned:
Al called me yesterday, I told him I couldn't take the pay cut.

Is this because of their great success in Baltimore this year?
explain how the SF O-coordinator was better than these guys, but got a gig?at least Fassell has a bit of history as a semi-decent HC

BTW...nice showing by the Deadskins this year in the playoffs---I wouldn't go tossing too many "is it because of their great success" comments regarding other teams offensive production if I were the big fatty :P

explain how the SF O-coordinator was better than these guys, but got a gig?at least Fassell has a bit of history as a semi-decent HC

BTW...nice showing by the Deadskins this year in the playoffs---I wouldn't go tossing too many "is it because of their great success" comments regarding other teams offensive production if I were the big fatty :P
:lmao: at a Ravnzfan insulting a team's playoff success, especially when that team won a game.

at least Fassell has a bit of history as a semi-decent HC
Fassel also has a history of his team quitting on him as a head coach, and was widely thought to be undercutting Billick last year. Fassel was the OC, right? Neuheisel was the QB's coach, right? Maybe I missed their success this year when they were behind the Redskins in both rushing and passing offense: Link

The Redskin offense stunk near the end of the year, and they've hired a new OC as a result. The Ravens offense was worse. I'm having trouble finding the "great success" there.

But I understand, it's been a tough year for Ravens fans. :D

I don't buy that these guys are actually being considered. If they were really on the radar, they would have been interviewed a LONG time ago.

:loco:

:lmao: at a Ravnzfan insulting a team's playoff success, especially when that team won a game.
now let's not get our panties in a wad---just me and fatty having alittle fun!the fat basstard lives not too far from me, yet insists on rooting for the Redskins :shrug:

I'm begining to think there is no hope for the boy :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
If I hadn't hurt my elbow, and I had a good northwest breeze, I could throw a rock onto your roof. But I won't. :) I know when the Ravens do well and the Skins don't I'll be hearing about it from you, and I'd be hurt if I didn't. This year is just my turn, for a change. And I'm enjoying it. :)

If I hadn't hurt my elbow, and I had a good northwest breeze, I could throw a rock onto your roof. But I won't. :)

I know when the Ravens do well and the Skins don't I'll be hearing about it from you, and I'd be hurt if I didn't. This year is just my turn, for a change. And I'm enjoying it. :)
that's about all I'm in the mood for...although I must admit...OC Saunders and DC Williams locked up for the next couple years for a nice chunk of change just might keep you guys hanging around for awhile---Gibbs struggled getting back into the swing of coaching yr1, and made a nice run from late Nov to secure a playoff spot this year

now let's not get our panties in a wad---just me and fatty having alittle fun!the fat basstard lives not too far from me, yet insists on rooting for the Redskins :shrug:

I'm begining to think there is no hope for the boy :no:
:thumbup: I didn't realize or mean to get between you two love birds. ;)

I don't buy that these guys are actually being considered.  If they were really on the radar, they would have been interviewed a LONG time ago.
Not necessarily, Al tends to move very slowly when hiring a coach. Two years ago they were the last team that needed a coach and Norv's name came up very late. Plus the Raiders tend to be very secretive so they may have been considered all along and it was just that the public didn't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't buy that these guys are actually being considered. If they were really on the radar, they would have been interviewed a LONG time ago.
Not necessarily, Al tends to move very slowly when hiring a coach. Two years ago they were the last team that needed a coach and Norv's name came up very late. Plus the Raiders tend to be very secretive so they may have been considered all along and it was just that the public didn't know.
That's what we've been hearing out here, but is it possible he's going after one of the coordinators in the Super Bowl?

I don't buy that these guys are actually being considered.  If they were really on the radar, they would have been interviewed a LONG time ago.
That's what we've been hearing out here, but is it possible he's going after one of the coordinators in the Super Bowl?
Oh definitely, but I don't think we can dismiss these other names just because we haven't heard they are candidates until now, especially given the Raiders hiring history.

Neuheisel has been unable to command the respect of college guys and to keep any program there afloat. LOL @ him trying to coach pros. It would be interesting though, he would be the first head coach to get disrespected like a rookie kicker. I have no doubt the Raiders would tape his naked butt to a goal post and to nair his ###.

Neuheisel has been unable to command the respect of college guys and to keep any program there afloat. LOL @ him trying to coach pros. It would be interesting though, he would be the first head coach to get disrespected like a rookie kicker. I have no doubt the Raiders would tape his naked butt to a goal post and to nair his ###.
I totally agree and was thinking the same thing. Neuheisel would be an absolute abortion as a NFL head coach. I'd love to see that happen to Al Davis. :D

Users who are viewing this thread