What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2014 "How did I do" Thread (2 Viewers)

Its 1 week , holy moses batman!

You can gloat all u want if this is the case come the end of December.

Thanks TRAVIS!

rustycolts, you are not alone. i gave in, drafted 3 teams in the last 3 available fbg drafts. then a main event team. record is a perfect 0-4 too.

ISUDESTROYERS said:
Drafted my 3nd Team This Year from the 5th Hole!! Starters are in bold and in blue. Red are potential for my 2nd Flex Rotational Player. Being that I have 4 of them bodes well it appears. These guys are surprise upside guys...Thoughts?

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Johnnie Manziel (16)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB/FLEX - Chris Johnson (5)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR/FLEX Terrance Williams (8)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

WR - Kenbrell Thompkins (20)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

DEF - Arizona Defense (15)

Thoughts/Opinions?
Luck should be a pretty much every week starter, so don't think you need to roster 3 QBs. You might even be able to get away with only Luck until his Bye if there are a decent # of QBs on the WW.

RBs are solid, Hyde and the Den backfield are high-upside plays.

WRs are the weakness. Garcon is probably a high-end WR2 and Tate and Williams are decent WR3s. I think you probably need more depth here and I might have used that 12th rounder on another WR. Once you drop your 3rd QB, WR is the position you want to pickup. The good news is that WR is often the easiest position to nab off the WW. Keenan Allen could be had for a reasonable price last year early in those leagues he wasn't already rostered.

I like Thomas and Green is a high-upside backup. I am not bullish on Graham's prospects this year, but we will have more data on that soon enough.

D/K I generally play matchups at D/K so any start is a good start. Bryant should be fine until his Bye unless something happens. With the recent injuries to Arizona's defense, don't know if they will be dominant enough to be an every week play, so you probably want to keep active on the WW here.

If you get some pleasant surprises at WR, this team could be a solid contender.
Many thanks for responding as I do appreciate it. Although I don't get your concern at WR since I have Terrance Williams, Hakeem Nicks and Kenbrell Thompkins to fight for my FLEX POSITION [WHICH IS A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE]. This seems to put a proper and healthy perspective at the WR position and your addresses your concern nicely...JMHO!!!Plus [on a side note], I can easily put Ladarius Green or Garrett Graham at the secondary flex position as well [if needed]

...At a glance....my 2nd Flex position....I'm going to be scratching my head every week on who to start.....which is a good problem to have...
WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid.Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is.

Good luck.
I agree.... I wouldn't feel good about flexing those guys. Im not a fan of the way that team was constructed. Tate as a WR2 feels wrong....most have him as a WR3 or even WR4.
When evaluating an ENTIRE TEAM.....the way you evaluate its construction is looking at the entire team AS A WHOLE.....not focusing on one position. I'm a realestate appraiser....when you evaluate THINGS....you give "weight" to the entire subject property.....not just the bathroom or kitchen [thats free]. You officially just got "owned" :)

WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid.

I agree.... I wouldn't feel good about flexing those guys. Im not a fan of the way that team was constructed. Tate as a WR2 feels wrong....most have him as a WR3 or even WR4.

Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is. Good luck.

Right and when the bathrooms or kitchen in a house are crap, the overall assessment of the house is lower. Hence your WR core (kitchen) / Team (house) :)
Ahh....since I"m 10th overall in the FBGPC Standings (the Name "Glory Guys") would you please kindly put your FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH and appologize. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this....but your serious discredit to my team [and your evaluation skills] need to be called to the carpet.Peace Out,

ISUDestroyers
Really dude, after 1 freakin week you are calling him out. I didn't always agree with his assessments either but you put your team in here to be critiqued. You are setting yourself up for some serious disappointment.
I agree with you 100%...

YOUR TEAM ISN'T THAT GOOD DUDE!!!!!!!

Its one week.. Crap my best teams laid an egg this week while my average teams went off..... I'm not delusional to think that the season will continue that way...

I now ask you to please post every week now... Once bye weeks come into play your team will tumble rather quickly I believe...

Best of luck though... Just remember the fantasy gods have a cruel way of beating you down for CRAP like this....

ISUDESTROYERS said:
Drafted my 3nd Team This Year from the 5th Hole!! Starters are in bold and in blue. Red are potential for my 2nd Flex Rotational Player. Being that I have 4 of them bodes well it appears. These guys are surprise upside guys...Thoughts?

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

Thoughts/Opinions?
Luck should be a pretty much every week starter, so don't think you need to roster 3 QBs. You might even be able to get away with only Luck until his Bye if there are a decent # of QBs on the WW.

WRs are the weakness. Garcon is probably a high-end WR2 and Tate and Williams are decent WR3s. I think you probably need more depth here and I might have used that 12th rounder on another WR. Once you drop your 3rd QB, WR is the position you want to pickup. The good news is that WR is often the easiest position to nab off the WW. Keenan Allen could be had for a reasonable price last year early in those leagues he wasn't already rostered.

I like Thomas and Green is a high-upside backup. I am not bullish on Graham's prospects this year, but we will have more data on that soon enough.

D/K I generally play matchups at D/K so any start is a good start. Bryant should be fine until his Bye unless something happens. With the recent injuries to Arizona's defense, don't know if they will be dominant enough to be an every week play, so you probably want to keep active on the WW here.

Many thanks for responding as I do appreciate it. Although I don't get your concern at WR since I have Terrance Williams, Hakeem Nicks and Kenbrell Thompkins to fight for my FLEX POSITION [WHICH IS A GOOD PROBLEM TO HAVE]. This seems to put a proper and healthy perspective at the WR position and your addresses your concern nicely...JMHO!!!Plus [on a side note], I can easily put Ladarius Green or Garrett Graham at the secondary flex position as well [if needed]

...At a glance....my 2nd Flex position....I'm going to be scratching my head every week on who to start.....which is a good problem to have...
WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid.Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is.

Good luck.
When evaluating an ENTIRE TEAM.....the way you evaluate its construction is looking at the entire team AS A WHOLE.....not focusing on one position. I'm a realestate appraiser....when you evaluate THINGS....you give "weight" to the entire subject property.....not just the bathroom or kitchen [thats free]. You officially just got "owned" :)

WR's are not good. When did choosing between nicks/Thompkins become a good thing? I must have missed the boat on that. As the above poster said, u have a WR2 and two 3's. it's solid overall but clearly u need some better WR depth. If Garçon goes down, this core goes from below avg to straight putrid.

Also flexing a CJ/T will/ green also is really average flexes at best. This squad isn't bad at all but it's not as good as u think it is. Good luck.

Right and when the bathrooms or kitchen in a house are crap, the overall assessment of the house is lower. Hence your WR core (kitchen) / Team (house) :)
Ahh....since I"m 10th overall in the FBGPC Standings (the Name "Glory Guys") would you please kindly put your FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH and appologize. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this....but your serious discredit to my team [and your evaluation skills] need to be called to the carpet.Peace Out,

ISUDestroyers
Really dude, after 1 freakin week you are calling him out. I didn't always agree with his assessments either but you put your team in here to be critiqued. You are setting yourself up for some serious disappointment.
I agree with you 100%...

YOUR TEAM ISN'T THAT GOOD DUDE!!!!!!!

Its one week.. Crap my best teams laid an egg this week while my average teams went off..... I'm not delusional to think that the season will continue that way...

I now ask you to please post every week now... Once bye weeks come into play your team will tumble rather quickly I believe...

Best of luck though... Just remember the fantasy gods have a cruel way of beating you down for CRAP like this....
Same....that dude will vanish soon enough and I'll be here to laugh.

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

Thoughts/Opinions?

Good luck.

Ahh....since I"m 10th overall in the FBGPC Standings (the Name "Glory Guys") would you please kindly put your FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH and appologize. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this....but your serious discredit to my team [and your evaluation skills] need to be called to the carpet.

Peace Out,

ISUDestroyers
Ahh....since I"m 10th overall in the FBGPC Standings (the Name "Glory Guys") would you please kindly put your FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH and appologize. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this....but your serious discredit to my team [and your evaluation skills] need to be called to the carpet.Hey Travis, where did you go?

Oh wait, your top 10 team isn't top 10 anymore? Let me check......Oh, I had to scroll down the leaderboard just a tad....You're now in 2,203rd place. Just a tiny dip in the standings I see.

Looks like your juggernaut of a team failed to break the 90 pt barrier in week 2. :o

Moral of the story - The Fantasy season lasts longer then 1 week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering about this guy's week 2 results. If he was smart he would have changed his team name after that showing.

QB - Andrew Luck (6)

QB - Josh McCown (19)

RB - Matt Forte (1)

RB - Shane Vereen (3)

RB - Carlos Hyde (10)

RB - Roy Helu (12)

RB - Ronnie Hillman (14)

RB - C.J. Anderson (17)

WR -Pierre Garcon (4)

WR - Golden Tate (7)

WR - Hakeem Nicks (13)

TE - Julius Thomas (2)

TE - Ladarius Green (9)

TE - Garrett Graham (11)

K - Matt Bryant (18)

Thoughts/Opinions?

Good luck.

Ahh....since I"m 10th overall in the FBGPC Standings (the Name "Glory Guys") would you please kindly put your FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH and appologize. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this....but your serious discredit to my team [and your evaluation skills] need to be called to the carpet.

Peace Out,

ISUDestroyers
Ahh....since I"m 10th overall in the FBGPC Standings (the Name "Glory Guys") would you please kindly put your FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH and appologize. Normally, I wouldn't respond to this....but your serious discredit to my team [and your evaluation skills] need to be called to the carpet.Hey Travis, where did you go?

Oh wait, your top 10 team isn't top 10 anymore? Let me check......Oh, I had to scroll down the leaderboard just a tad....You're now in 2,203rd place. Just a tiny dip in the standings I see.

Looks like your juggernaut of a team failed to break the 90 pt barrier in week 2. :o

Moral of the story - The Fantasy season lasts longer then 1 week.
:violin:

Well haven't heard from that guy in awhile.... He must not be doing too well...

How's everyone else making out so far. I'm doing ok but it could always be better I guess...

I'm in the same boat Coots, doing Ok but nothing to write home about. Have 15 teams and all but 3 are 5th or better in points but have no teams 4-0 (also don't have any 0-4). Had some good picks like Olsen, Sanders, Walker, L Miller (looked bad early but good lately) and some bad ones like Pierce and Gerhart (at least so far) in a few leagues.

Yeah I took toll this week on how many I would have in the playoffs if season ended tuesday. I will do this every week now to see how I fluctuate. I would have 60% of my teams in the playoffs right now, not great. I would like to see it around 70 or a little higher but guys like AP and Rice hurt alot of my teams and Gerhart too... I have some awesome teams that are just out right now that I forsee making a strong push from here on out but they have to play the games still.

Here is wishing everyone luck this weekend..

Gildz is this the week that Sankey breaks out????

Hopefully although I have him on the bench in all my leagues right now...

Gildz is this the week that Sankey breaks out????

Hopefully although I have him on the bench in all my leagues right now...[/quote

Yes this is the week he goes 100+ and 2 scores. Too bad he's already killed 2 of the teams I drafted him on.

But yea. Start him everywhere.

I don't understand coaches sometimes????

Lets just keep giving the ball to S. Greene, he is a great back and our future!!! Makes no sense at all..

I don't understand coaches sometimes????

Lets just keep giving the ball to S. Greene, he is a great back and our future!!! Makes no sense at all..
Coots you called it in the preseason. 3 guys come to mind who I was high on and you were skeptical about....Sankey/Patterson/Ertz. Now im sure u didn't even think they'd be this bad/useless but still, all those Sankey/Patterson owners who took them in the top 5 rds are probably hurting pretty badly right about now. Ertz probably isn't even startable at this point, which im still stunned about. Chip Kelly gets everyone involved BUT Ertz it seems.

Ok so I caved...Final one! From the 9 hole:

QB- Luck (7), Palmer (13)

RB - Lacy (1), Ellington (2), Spiller (3), Robinson (10), Hillman (14), Michael (15)

WR - Andre J (4), Crabtree (5), Edelman (6), Cooper (11), Latimer (12), Marv Jones (17)

TE - Miller (8), Gates (9), Amaro (16)

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

This is 1 of my best I think, although I would love to hear some opinions. Pretty deep everywhere. Thought those backend RB's were great value, a bit light in the TE dept but it will do I suppose...

Lets hear it!
Solid team but I think this team will have a better chance at the getting into the league playoffs based on record rather than total points because of the expected TD totals of your WR's. I see a team that will be a consistent scorer each week but not many big one's.

Not crazy about Spiller in the 3rd round. Guy is explosive but will lose a lot of carries to Fred Jackson and most importantly the goal line work.
Bills ran more than any team in football last year. Spiller had the same amount of carries last year (injured) as he did when he finished top 10 the year before. My concern is health.... not lost carries. Spiller is a threat to score all over the field. GL work doesn't worry me. Some of your statement is not reality.
Guess we'll see about those TD totals this year. If he's close to the 8 total he had in 2012 then you'll be right. Don't see him getting that many without GL carries though.Explosive? Sure. He'll give you a coue weeks where he'll have 130 yards on 15 touches. He'll also throw in a few single digit carries.

Not sure how much this staff likes him. There were rumors of him being available in trade this spring and where there's smoke there's sometimes fire. Add in his underwhelming preseason stats of 73 yards on 21 carries and I don't see him as much of a sure things as you guys.

But, that's ok. I could be wrong.
Spiller now slated to return kick offs. Not something that usually happens if the guy is going to be the bellcow at RB.
He isn't going to be the bellcow, never was. You still don't get it, but let me try again.

1) Bills ran more than any team in football last year

2) Spiller was injured and still had 200+ carries (jackson also had 200+ carries)

3) Healthy Spiller was RB 7, just 2 years ago w/ 200 carries.

You seem to be hung up on "bellcow" or "losing carries" versus looking at the underlying data. The underlying data says Spiller with 200 carries, and healthy, can be and has been a top 10 RB. Don't get hung up on "titles" would be my suggestion to you. Spiller is a great RB2/RB3 this year because he has an RB1 ceiling with an RB2 floor.
Still think Spiller is a great RB2/RB3 with a RB2 floor?

RB - Lacy (1), Ellington (2), Spiller (3), Robinson (10), Hillman (14), Michael (15)

WR - Andre J (4), Crabtree (5), Edelman (6), Cooper (11), Latimer (12), Marv Jones (17)

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

This is 1 of my best I think, although I would love to hear some opinions. Pretty deep everywhere. Thought those backend RB's were great value, a bit light in the TE dept but it will do I suppose...

Lets hear it!
Solid team but I think this team will have a better chance at the getting into the league playoffs based on record rather than total points because of the expected TD totals of your WR's. I see a team that will be a consistent scorer each week but not many big one's.

Not crazy about Spiller in the 3rd round. Guy is explosive but will lose a lot of carries to Fred Jackson and most importantly the goal line work.
Bills ran more than any team in football last year. Spiller had the same amount of carries last year (injured) as he did when he finished top 10 the year before. My concern is health.... not lost carries. Spiller is a threat to score all over the field. GL work doesn't worry me. Some of your statement is not reality.
Guess we'll see about those TD totals this year. If he's close to the 8 total he had in 2012 then you'll be right. Don't see him getting that many without GL carries though.Explosive? Sure. He'll give you a coue weeks where he'll have 130 yards on 15 touches. He'll also throw in a few single digit carries.

Not sure how much this staff likes him. There were rumors of him being available in trade this spring and where there's smoke there's sometimes fire. Add in his underwhelming preseason stats of 73 yards on 21 carries and I don't see him as much of a sure things as you guys.

Spiller now slated to return kick offs. Not something that usually happens if the guy is going to be the bellcow at RB.
He isn't going to be the bellcow, never was. You still don't get it, but let me try again.

1) Bills ran more than any team in football last year

2) Spiller was injured and still had 200+ carries (jackson also had 200+ carries)

You seem to be hung up on "bellcow" or "losing carries" versus looking at the underlying data. The underlying data says Spiller with 200 carries, and healthy, can be and has been a top 10 RB. Don't get hung up on "titles" would be my suggestion to you. Spiller is a great RB2/RB3 this year because he has an RB1 ceiling with an RB2 floor.
Come on. The guy rushed for 5.2 in 2011, 6.0 in 2012, and 4.6 ypc last year on 1 ankle. Im sure you figured he'd be completely healthy and rushing for a 3.5 ypc clip. IF this isn't the ultimate Monday morning qb'ing, I don't what is. You could have been down on Spiller and i'll give you that, but no one saw this happening. 1 of your main beefs with Spiller was he would lose carries to F-Jax. Not true. He's averaging the same % of carries/game he did the last 2 yrs. He's just been nowhere near as effective.

K - Bryant (20)

DST - ARZ (18), KC (19)

Lets hear it!

He isn't going to be the bellcow, never was. You still don't get it, but let me try again.1) Bills ran more than any team in football last year

Come on. The guy rushed for 5.2 in 2011, 6.0 in 2012, and 4.6 ypc last year on 1 ankle. Im sure you figured he'd be completely healthy and rushing for a 3.5 ypc clip. IF this isn't the ultimate Monday morning qb'ing, I don't what is. You could have been down on Spiller and i'll give you that, but no one saw this happening. 1 of your main beefs with Spiller was he would lose carries to F-Jax. Not true. He's averaging the same % of carries/game he did the last 2 yrs. He's just been nowhere near as effective.
Actually my main beef was that he was on the wrong side of the time share. He was neither the pass catcher or goal line back and the only way he'd match his 2012 season was if he continued to score long TDs. You guys were the one who stated none of that mattered because spiller would be a top 10 guy with 200 carries.

I honestly wouldn't have even brought this up if the posts werent so adamant about how wrong I was.

Im with you Dak. Im not a fan of those people who just admit the things they do well but don't admit when they were outright wrong. As an example, I was sadly very wrong on Bernard Pierce as I thought he would take the job and run with it and he has been a huge disappointment.

ffrookie I've been wrong more than I've been right this season so I'm not saying I know what I'm talking about. Just find it comical that people ask for opinions, you give one, and then they go on about how your opinion is totally wrong.

ffrookie I've been wrong more than I've been right this season so I'm not saying I know what I'm talking about. Just find it comical that people ask for opinions, you give one, and then they go on about how your opinion is totally wrong.
Where did u state he would recieve the same workload and not be nearly as effective as he was the last 3 years? I must have missed that one

I was seriously wrong about AP (no one saw coming), Rice (fck me his suspension was already giving), T. Smith (not the primary option as everyone said all preseason) and most of all T. Gerhart (got the high ankle sprain) but just has been horrible....

Well I really thought I had some good teams,turns out I was wrong as usual.Played 3 teams at FBGs contest and 3 at RTS.My best team here is 3-3 and over there 5-1 the rest of them are 1-5 and even one at 0-6.Still going to try my hardest not fair to the teams above me to give up the ghost.Oh and I was seriously wrong with everything I have done so far this season.

Well I really thought I had some good teams,turns out I was wrong as usual.Played 3 teams at FBGs contest and 3 at RTS.My best team here is 3-3 and over there 4-1 the rest of them are 1-5 and even one at 0-6.Still going to try my hardest not fair to the teams above me to give up the ghost.Oh and I was seriously wrong with everything I have done so far this season.
Haha you're not alone. Of my 6 teams, 2 are already toast. The rest are 3-3 and middle of pack in pts and one 5-1 team. And even that team is in a crazy high scoring league. Looks like I'll get maybe 1 or 2 teams if I'm lucky, into the post season.... Pretty disappointing.

Well I really thought I had some good teams,turns out I was wrong as usual.Played 3 teams at FBGs contest and 3 at RTS.My best team here is 3-3 and over there 4-1 the rest of them are 1-5 and even one at 0-6.Still going to try my hardest not fair to the teams above me to give up the ghost.Oh and I was seriously wrong with everything I have done so far this season.
keep grinding. One big scoring week can change your fortunes quickly in a lot of these leagues. I've had teams before that I've written off around this time and they got hot at the end. And I've had high scoring teams fizzle and miss the playoffs.

Since we are almost done with the regular season I thought it would be fun to see my best and worst team thus far based on total points by showing the draft (although I have been active on the waiver wire).

Top Team right now (in top 100):

QB: Rodgers, Smith

RB: Charles, Foster, Pierce (yuck), Bradshaw, Taylor, White, Cunningham

WR: Cobb, Harvin, Maclin, Edelman, Boykin, Hawkins

TE: Walker, Garrett Graham, Bostick

What is most interesting is that I made a lot of mistakes in the draft especially at WR but it has worked out well so far despite not having a great TE.

Worst Team right now (team is actually 4-4 but bad in points)

QB: Brees, Palmer

RB: McCoy, SJax, Ridley, Moreno, Sims, Polk, White (lost of underperformers)

WR: Cobb, Floyd, Colston, Jennings, Wheaton

TE: Thomas (in 3rd), Clay, Ausberry

Main issue seems to be that no one is consistent and Ive had nothing much at RB2.

Interesting that I went stud QB with my best and worst team for the year.

How about others who have multiple teams?

One team with this band of brothers at RB this week,

J.Bell,underperforming and on a bye

F.Jackson,injured and on a bye

R.Matthews,injured since I can't remember when

I.Crowell,unexplainable.

Yet the team is second in wins and points,why?.....because

I got LUCKy in the mid-rounds and LaFELL into FLOYD on ALLEN street while looking for Mr.BENNETT,

if I can MARSHALL up enough of AJ GREEN'S money,I can still make a post-season appearance.

Curious as to preferred strategy on Kickers and Defenses for the championship rounds. I think I have tried to carry 2 of each historically. Defenses to play matchups and Kickers because I didn't want the zero if they got hurt. What are others planning on?

cdubz said:
Curious as to preferred strategy on Kickers and Defenses for the championship rounds. I think I have tried to carry 2 of each historically. Defenses to play matchups and Kickers because I didn't want the zero if they got hurt. What are others planning on?
If you can, I'd carry 3 QB's, 2 K's and 2 D's. If you have a top 5 Defense, I wouldn't worry about the 2nd Def as much. But I def want 3 QB's and 2 K's heading into the Champ rds. QB's get hurt often, god forbid both yours go down in week 14. You're basically SOL.

Good luck to everyone in their league playoffs and in the big dance. I'm hoping for the best this year as I "invested" a lot with 15 leagues. I was able to make the playoffs in 8 leagues with 4 guaranteed spots in the championship round although my main event team did nothing this year. How is everyone else doing this year? Any teams that you are excited about having a shot to potentially win it all?

Made playoffs in 5 of 10 and 1/2 seeds in 3 of those. Which is pretty good for me I think, but missed out on 2 more playoff spots by 9 and 13 points.

Think my best shots to win it all are:

Rodgers/Eli

Charles/Ingram/AP/Bradhsaw/Starks/Carey

Hilton/Gordon/Hopkins/Wright/Fitz/Moncrief

Gronk/Bennett/Clay

Colts/Rams

Dawson

and

Brady/Sanchez/Kaep

Charles/Miller/Starks/Michael/Taliaferro/Freeman

Nelson/Gordon/Boldin/Wright/Baldwin

Gronk/Olsen/Witten

Ravens/Chiefs

Hauschka

so go Charles, Gronk, Gordon and no RB injuries!

I have been very lucky this year, made the playoffs in 3 out of 4 leagues, all of them as the #2 seed so at least I'm moving on to the championship round even if I don't finish in the money in each league. I like all 3 teams, but this is my favorite to at least finish in the money and maybe be high up there if all goes well:

QB: D. Brees/K. Orton

RB: J. Charles/L. Bell/D. Freeman/L. Blount

WR: E. Sanders/J. Maclin/J. Gordon/M. Wallace/A. Boldin/R. Wayne/R. Woods

TE: R. Gronkowski/D. Walker/J. Gresham/T. Eifert

K: A. Vinatieri

Def: MIA, IND

Proabbly need to make some minor moves this week to balance my roster a bit better but really love my starters as long as they can stay/get healthy.

I have been very lucky this year, made the playoffs in 3 out of 4 leagues, all of them as the #2 seed so at least I'm moving on to the championship round even if I don't finish in the money in each league. I like all 3 teams, but this is my favorite to at least finish in the money and maybe be high up there if all goes well:

Proabbly need to make some minor moves this week to balance my roster a bit better but really love my starters as long as they can stay/get healthy.
Yes im in this league with you Penny. This team is absurdly good. I'm in 6 leagues and this is the best in any of them and by a mile. Anything can happen as we know, but if there is a better team on paper in this entire tourney, I'd like to see it...

Pretty terrible year all around. Had 3 out of 6 decent teams and only 1 made playoffs and barely at that, could have been 2 if not for a deadbeat owner. I know I know, that horse is beaten. Anyway, I'll have to win my way in the champ rds as the 4 seed:

QB: Romo/Sanchez/Dalton

RB: Forte/Foster/Ellington/Crowell/Carey

WR: Benjamin/Harvin/Crabtree/Bowe/Baldwin

TE: Daniels/Vernon/Gresham/ASJ

D: BUFF

K: Dawson/Catanzarro

FWIW, this was the best of my 6 teams. Praying for a healthy foster and hey who knows. If Vernon Davis wasn't completely useless, I'd feel a lot better about this team.

Made the playoffs as the 1 seed in my league. Have a really tough matchup vs the 5 seed though.

How do I look moving forward?

QB: Kap, McCown

RB: Lynch, Charles, Mason, SJax, Sims, Michael

WR: Nelson, Sanders, Gordon, Matthews, M Bryant, Shorts, Adams

TE: Rivera, Allen, Reed

K: Parkey

Def: Cle

Great team. Have a lot of the same players. Hopefully Charles, Gordon, and Sanders get us to the $

Yes im in this league with you Penny. This team is absurdly good. I'm in 6 leagues and this is the best in any of them and by a mile. Anything can happen as we know, but if there is a better team on paper in this entire tourney, I'd like to see it...
Thanks Glidz, good luck to you with your playoff team, hope you win it! You've been the most active on these boards, thanks for keeping it fun. I know you're thinking about doing something different next year, I'm hoping you reconsider as this place would be a ghost town without you. But if you elect to go elsewhere I wish you the best of luck!

Great team. Have a lot of the same players. Hopefully Charles, Gordon, and Sanders get us to the $
Yeah, Gordon is going to be the real wildcard, expectations for him are all over the place. And I'm hoping Sanders gets healthy and is back this week...I was watching that game and was horrified at the time, it was such a brutal impact. Good luck!

Made the playoffs as the 1 seed in my league. Have a really tough matchup vs the 5 seed though.

How do I look moving forward?

QB: Kap, McCown

RB: Lynch, Charles, Mason, SJax, Sims, Michael

WR: Nelson, Sanders, Gordon, Matthews, M Bryant, Shorts, Adams

TE: Rivera, Allen, Reed

K: Parkey

Def: Cle
That's an excellent team, getting Lynch/Nelson in the late 2nd/early 3rd is criminal. Only potential weakness is in TE, with two potentially banged up. You may want to pick up a 2nd D if you can so you can play matchups. Good luck!

Unlike all you rich guys with multiple teams I only have one horse in the race,I did make the league playoffs however. But I noticed something in the league and was wondering if it held true in a majority of the leagues out there. The four playoff teams were also the four teams with the least amount of waiver wire money left after the regular season. The four teams had $23.00,$20.00,$1.00 and $00.00 left. And they were in inverse order to their seeding. The #1 seed had a zero balance and so on. Any other leagues like that out there?

Thanks Glidz, good luck to you with your playoff team, hope you win it! You've been the most active on these boards, thanks for keeping it fun. I know you're thinking about doing something different next year, I'm hoping you reconsider as this place would be a ghost town without you. But if you elect to go elsewhere I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks Penny. Wish you luck as well. I think I said after this draft u had a crazy good team. And that was prior to Bell becoming what he is. Think u also got Gordon fairly cheap here didn't you? ~ $700 I want to say? That $700 waiver buy could turn into 300k. Best of luck.

Thanks Penny. Wish you luck as well. I think I said after this draft u had a crazy good team. And that was prior to Bell becoming what he is. Think u also got Gordon fairly cheap here didn't you? ~ $700 I want to say? That $700 waiver buy could turn into 300k. Best of luck.
Yeah, it was about $700. It's really hampered me with WW pickups all year, but if he does really well, it would all be worth it.

Yep, Gordon is definitely the wildcard. He'll destroy the teams he's on if he tanks it since he'll be in 100% of lineups OR he'll be Josh Gordon of last year and we'll see scores in the 250 range on a weekly basis haha

Unlike all you rich guys with multiple teams I only have one horse in the race,I did make the league playoffs however. But I noticed something in the league and was wondering if it held true in a majority of the leagues out there. The four playoff teams were also the four teams with the least amount of waiver wire money left after the regular season. The four teams had $23.00,$20.00,$1.00 and $00.00 left. And they were in inverse order to their seeding. The #1 seed had a zero balance and so on. Any other leagues like that out there?
Yes, I think that's generally true...but not always. One of my leagues, there are a couple of teams in the playoffs who have over $300. GL to you!

Hey guys...

Man I had way too many teams this year and it killed me overall I think... I just had no time to manage them all properly, that will never happen again...

Well I have 26 Teams in the playoffs and I think 12 that are guaranteed in the big dance.. Now hopefully one of them can get hot for me...

Missed out on 4 more teams by 18 points combined.. Just brutal last week where I had a number of these guys get hurt Thomas, Reed, Allen, Bradshaw, Cooks, and Sanders...

I also unfortunately DO NOT have J. Gordon on one team.. That really scares me I have to tell ya, wish I did..

Good Luck guys

Hey guys...

Man I had way too many teams this year and it killed me overall I think... I just had no time to manage them all properly, that will never happen again...

Well I have 26 Teams in the playoffs and I think 12 that are guaranteed in the big dance.. Now hopefully one of them can get hot for me...

Missed out on 4 more teams by 18 points combined.. Just brutal last week where I had a number of these guys get hurt Thomas, Reed, Allen, Bradshaw, Cooks, and Sanders...

I also unfortunately DO NOT have J. Gordon on one team.. That really scares me I have to tell ya, wish I did..

Good Luck guys
I was 1 of those 4 teams that squeaked past you Coots. Coots 51 I believe. Marc Sanchez with that meaningless garbage time td locked it up. Thank u Chip Kelly for sticking with Dirty Sanchez. Im sure your 26 other playoff teams will do well. No Gordon on any? Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread