What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2014 "How did I do" Thread (1 Viewer)

Hey guys...

Man I had way too many teams this year and it killed me overall I think... I just had no time to manage them all properly, that will never happen again...

Well I have 26 Teams in the playoffs and I think 12 that are guaranteed in the big dance.. Now hopefully one of them can get hot for me...

Missed out on 4 more teams by 18 points combined.. Just brutal last week where I had a number of these guys get hurt Thomas, Reed, Allen, Bradshaw, Cooks, and Sanders...

I also unfortunately DO NOT have J. Gordon on one team.. That really scares me I have to tell ya, wish I did..

Good Luck guys
Damn man. How many teams did you start with?

I had a ton of trouble managing 15 teams this year so I can only imagine having to do 3 or 4x that amount but if you have the time, money and are successful at it why not?

My highest scoring regular season team which is also in the top 100 overall (and strangely enough was 3rd in terms of record but 1st in points):

QB: Rodgers, Smith

RB: Charles, Foster, Bradshaw (IR), Gray, Michael, Cunningham, Cadet

WR: Cobb, Maclin, Harvin, Edelman, Britt, Bowe, Hawkins

TE: Walker, Wright

Unlike all you rich guys with multiple teams I only have one horse in the race,I did make the league playoffs however. But I noticed something in the league and was wondering if it held true in a majority of the leagues out there. The four playoff teams were also the four teams with the least amount of waiver wire money left after the regular season. The four teams had $23.00,$20.00,$1.00 and $00.00 left. And they were in inverse order to their seeding. The #1 seed had a zero balance and so on. Any other leagues like that out there?
Yes, I think that's generally true...but not always. One of my leagues, there are a couple of teams in the playoffs who have over $300. GL to you!
FAAB of remaining teams in my leagues where I am in the playoffs:

63/30/6/5

387/56/4/2

800/265/198/10

598/467/95/16

500/105/17/3

No particular seed order on these.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a ton of trouble managing 15 teams this year so I can only imagine having to do 3 or 4x that amount but if you have the time, money and are successful at it why not?

My highest scoring regular season team which is also in the top 100 overall (and strangely enough was 3rd in terms of record but 1st in points):

I'm a bit surprised this is a top-100 team to be honest. Its good don't get me wrong but it doesn't seem like an elite squad. You must have been playing great matchups a lot of weeks no?

Granted the Rodgers/Cobb pairing has been gold the last month or so..

Its well inside the top 100 based on points not record with over 1,700 points. I don't think many realize it but Maclin has scored nearly 21 points per game, which is actually higher than Cobb who is at 19 ppg. Also, Foster has averaged 19, Charles has averaged 17, Rodgers 27 ppg, Edelman 15ppg and Bradshaw pre-injury 16ppg.

Edelman at 15 ppg? That seems high to me, I own him in 1 spot and he's been a pretty underwhelming option all year.

BTW, here is the #1 overall team, and likely what his Champ round team will be...He averaged 171 pts/game

QB: Brees

RB: Ingram

RB: Forte

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Gordon

FLEX: Steve Smith

FLEX: Mike Evans

TE: Olsen

K: Gostkowski

DEF: SF

And the #1 overall team just happens to also have Gordon on his bench. Wow. He's got Brown/Olsen on byes this week, pretty funny he might lose rd 1 of playoffs but will be in contention at the very least for the entire thing.

One of two made it....

QB: Brady , newton

Rb: lynch, Ingram , shoelace, cj Anderson

WR: Gordon , djax, boldin, Watkins , decker

TE: graham

K: bailey

Hawks dst

Gimme the $300k now

One of two made it....

Hawks dst

Gimme the $300k now
You really should update your interests :) good luck!ETA: I do really like this team, no real weaknesses and love your RBs

One of two made it....

Hawks dst

Gimme the $300k now
Good luck next year.
Jealous ?
No. I'm jealous of penny's team tho.
I like them both.. Any thing can happen and honestly this team has enough upside that it could WIN it all...

Good Luck moving forward...

Man I got Murray on 9 Playoff teams in free agency this week.. He is on his way to carrying me to victory in the only 2 that I started him in and then BOOM, just like the rest of the season it came crashing back down...

Dude would of had 40 plus easily last night...

40+ easily?? Not sure about that. He's not catching many balls. Finished with 23.2 Pts. You're giving him another 100+ yds rushing and a score to hit that #. Now 30+ I will agree with. Certainly in reach if not probable.

I had four teams this year, three sucked. The 1st team I drafted in July I think has a real shot though.

QB: P. Manning

RB: Foster, Ellington, F. Jackson,

WR: Josh Gordon, D. Thomas, E. Sanders, S. Smith

TE: olsen, Kelce

K: Bullock, Novak

Def: I have 3 with good matchups to stream

If the Broncos get hot I think I can take it

Well, made it through the first playoff week with a shot in the big money. Been fairly happy with the team, but hoping some of our TEs catch lightning in a bottle as we took a ton of upside guys.

QB: Luck, Stanton

RB: Charles, Lynch, L. Murray, Hillman

WR: Jeffrey, Watkins, Benjamin, Fitzgerald, Jennings,

TE: Gates, Fleener, Amaro, Green, Ertz

PK: Parkey, Carpenter

TD: Buffalo, Tennessee

Congrats Saint. My teams didn't show up very well in the first round of the playoffs. Hopefully they show up in weeks 14-16.

Saint said:
Well, made it through the first playoff week with a shot in the big money. Been fairly happy with the team, but hoping some of our TEs catch lightning in a bottle as we took a ton of upside guys.

QB: Luck, Stanton

RB: Charles, Lynch, L. Murray, Hillman

WR: Jeffrey, Watkins, Benjamin, Fitzgerald, Jennings,

TE: Gates, Fleener, Amaro, Green, Ertz

PK: Parkey, Carpenter

TD: Buffalo, Tennessee
Good looking team right here. Picking the right TE to play will be the challenge. All in all, this team has the juice to make some noise.

Overall not a bad week.. Made it to 16 Championship games.. Lost 5 others that I scored 150 plus and didn't make any bad coaching decisions that cost me a win (YES).. About time I was a decent coach.. I got super lucky that Luck didn't have a monster as I played him 12 times this week.. My big let down player was Cutler, man he had a monster matchup and just laid a huge egg...

Good Luck everyone

Here is one for you..

In one of my playoffs this week a guy started his defense that was on a bye and also started Fitz when he had other options.. Wonder if he even knew he made the playoffs??

Either way anyone he put in for those guys wouldn't of made a difference but what if it would have... WOW

Here is one for you..

In one of my playoffs this week a guy started his defense that was on a bye and also started Fitz when he had other options.. Wonder if he even knew he made the playoffs??

Either way anyone he put in for those guys wouldn't of made a difference but what if it would have... WOW
Maybe he had 65 teams like you and missed this one?? lol

Here is one for you..

Maybe he had 65 teams like you and missed this one?? lol
Easy now I didn't have that many teams....

So how did everyone do in the league playoffs? I unfortunately lost two of my three first round matchups (one due to some pretty bad lineup decisions, still kicking myself on that one) but was able to get one league championship so I at least guaranteed myself a little bit of money. Looking forward to the championship round! And the toilet bowl for my fourth team, which pretty much sucked all year, lol.

i won my league with a total of 1488 points. Having Mason, Jennings and Gordon helped with a playoff run.
lol, nice. The 1488, that was just your regular season total, right? Either way, it's always cool to see something like this, it really reinforces the "get in, anything can happen" mentality. I wish I had Mason, I drafted him in my first two leagues but then ended up dropping him in both because he hadn't done anything and I needed the space. Ugh. Congrats!

Made playoffs in 5 of 10 and 1/2 seeds in 3 of those. Which is pretty good for me I think, but missed out on 2 more playoff spots by 9 and 13 points.

Think my best shots to win it all are:

Rodgers/Eli

Charles/Ingram/AP/Bradhsaw/Starks/Carey

Hilton/Gordon/Hopkins/Wright/Fitz/Moncrief

Gronk/Bennett/Clay

Colts/Rams

Dawson

and

Brady/Sanchez/Kaep

Charles/Miller/Starks/Michael/Taliaferro/Freeman

Nelson/Gordon/Boldin/Wright/Baldwin

Gronk/Olsen/Witten

Ravens/Chiefs

Hauschka

so go Charles, Gronk, Gordon and no RB injuries!
Don't want to jinx myself, but have had a pretty good year so far. Was able to win 3 of the 5 leagues I made the playoffs in, and now have a total of 4 teams in the Championship round.

Good luck to everyone in the 3 week free-for-all!

Made playoffs in 5 of 10 and 1/2 seeds in 3 of those. Which is pretty good for me I think, but missed out on 2 more playoff spots by 9 and 13 points.

Think my best shots to win it all are:

Rodgers/Eli

Charles/Ingram/AP/Bradhsaw/Starks/Carey

Hilton/Gordon/Hopkins/Wright/Fitz/Moncrief

Gronk/Bennett/Clay

Colts/Rams

Dawson

and

Brady/Sanchez/Kaep

Charles/Miller/Starks/Michael/Taliaferro/Freeman

Nelson/Gordon/Boldin/Wright/Baldwin

Gronk/Olsen/Witten

Ravens/Chiefs

Hauschka

so go Charles, Gronk, Gordon and no RB injuries!
Don't want to jinx myself, but have had a pretty good year so far. Was able to win 3 of the 5 leagues I made the playoffs in, and now have a total of 4 teams in the Championship round.

Good luck to everyone in the 3 week free-for-all!
Those are two very good teams, good luck to you as well!

Our single entry won the league playoffs and now in the championship round... wishing I had Demarco or Bennett after last night's monster game... .A lot of teams getting a nice jump.

Every Brees/Graham owner is puking right about now.

Edit: and Gordon owners are holding the puke bucket.

Every Brees/Graham owner is puking right about now.

Edit: and Gordon owners are holding the puke bucket.
Yeah, wasn't too happy yersterday. Gordon on two of my three teams and Brees on one...thankfully no Graham at least. Still, all my teams scored more than 150 and my highest team is likely to break 200 with 190 currently and Cobb/GB defense to go. So I guess it wasn't an awful week, although the team that I liked the most had the lowest point total, lol. Shows how much I know!

276 pts scored for that 1st place team this week, holy moses. I'm pretty sure Jamal Charles was his low point scorer. Ok his Kicker was but then JC. Crazy.

I'm gonna be sick, sitting in 4th after last week. Was feeling good about my chances. Then my QB gets in a car wreck so forced to go to my backup, one Colin Kaepernick who has a great matchup @ Seattle this week. Yikes! On the bright side if he goes off I bet I'm the only one that starts him :)

I'm gonna be sick, sitting in 4th after last week. Was feeling good about my chances. Then my QB gets in a car wreck so forced to go to my backup, one Colin Kaepernick who has a great matchup @ Seattle this week. Yikes! On the bright side if he goes off I bet I'm the only one that starts him :)
Good Luck!

I see 2 of the guys in front of you started St Louis and their 1 pt. Ouch for them, good for u.. Your squad is pretty stacked , Cam's loss stings 2x for you having Olsen. Maybe Kapernick can actually do something for once this year...

I'm a bit surprised this is a top-100 team to be honest. Its good don't get me wrong but it doesn't seem like an elite squad. You must have been playing great matchups a lot of weeks no?

its a sick team. 2nd best. 2 top 10 wr. foster is top rb in ppg. charles is 6th in ppg and 7th overall. bradshaw was top 5 when healthy. edelman and walker were super solid as wr12 and te7. you really cant do much better than this team. in most leagues you would not have the opportunity to pair charles, cobb, foster and rodgers. i guess rodgers fell all the way to the late 4th? but even foster and cobb often werent available at the 2/3 turn.

its a sick team. 2nd best. 2 top 10 wr. foster is top rb in ppg. charles is 6th in ppg and 7th overall. bradshaw was top 5 when healthy. edelman and walker were super solid as wr12 and te7. you really cant do much better than this team. in most leagues you would not have the opportunity to pair charles, cobb, foster and rodgers. i guess rodgers fell all the way to the late 4th? but even foster and cobb often werent available at the 2/3 turn.
Huh? 2nd best team? Cobb was a 2nd/3rd rd pick in every league. And foster the same. He went in the 3rd in a ton of leagues. Don't agree with that at all. And Rodgers in the 4th wasn't crazy either. He was taken there in a few if my leagues. This team succeeded because those early rd picks all hit. Not because he got great value on them. Maclin/Bradshaw were the huge values here. Having said all that, this team took a nosedive in the champ rds. Then again so did 99% of them

Da Gildz said:
cvnpoka said:

Huh? 2nd best team? Cobb was a 2nd/3rd rd pick in every league. And foster the same. He went in the 3rd in a ton of leagues. Don't agree with that at all. And Rodgers in the 4th wasn't crazy either. He was taken there in a few if my leagues. This team succeeded because those early rd picks all hit. Not because he got great value on them. Maclin/Bradshaw were the huge values here. Having said all that, this team took a nosedive in the champ rds. Then again so did 99% of them
I think I agree with the bolded statement. 1 of the guys falling to late 4th was unusual in my experience, don't think any of those guys (Rodgers in practice) fell past early 4th in my 10 drafts.

That said, don't think there was crazy value on any of those picks.

Championship round has been interesting so far, seems to be relatively weak correlation between regular season juggernauts and championship leaders at this point. Maybe this happens every year and I just forget though.

Da Gildz said:
cvnpoka said:

it should have read 2nd best qb.

regardless, im not sure what is so hard to understand. it would have been very rare for all of those guys to be available. it would be quite a parlay.

i did 6 drafts and these guys were drafted

cobb 23, 23, 20, 22, 24, 25

foster 27, 16, 27, 23, 13, 27

rodgers 48, 28, 40, 30, 52, 38

so, in 1 out of these 6 drafts, was the opportunity there.

Da Gildz said:
cvnpoka said:

I think I agree with the bolded statement. 1 of the guys falling to late 4th was unusual in my experience, don't think any of those guys (Rodgers in practice) fell past early 4th in my 10 drafts.

That said, don't think there was crazy value on any of those picks.

Championship round has been interesting so far, seems to be relatively weak correlation between regular season juggernauts and championship leaders at this point. Maybe this happens every year and I just forget though.
Right my point was he got those guys at their ADP. Whether an owner in 1 specific league jumped on a guy a few picks sooner then a guy in another league is pretty irrelevant. If u look at it after the fact, then yes he was fortunate to land those guys in each rd. at the time though, it was a pretty standard first 4 picks. Bottom line when your 1st 4 picks stay healthy and produce, you're going to be an excellent team no matter what.

As for the Champ rds, yes there's next to no correlation between the regular season monsters and those who win this thing. The team in 2nd place overall averaged 146 Pts/game. He began the Champ rds in 678th place lol. The regular season average being equivalent to 1 championship week only makes this thing a complete lottery. Think Coots' team last year started the champ rds around 300-400th place if I remember correctly.

Not the best of years but did get one team in the top 60 at the end for $1,000. One thing I can tell you is that there seemed to be just about zero correlation between the teams that did well in the regular season and those that did well in the championship which was a bit of a surprise.

Drafted from the 2nd spot - I really like this one....time will tell as always:

QB: Cutler (10); Romo (11); Locker (19)

RB: McCoy (1); Foster (2); Rice (5); MJD (7); Kadeem Carey (20)

WR: Jeffrey (3); Harvin (4); Decker (6); Amendola (12); Britt (13)

TE: Clay (8); Heath Miller (9); Richard Rodgers (16)

DEF: NE (14); Denver (15); Chi (17)

PK: Crosby (18)
You may be better off sticking with your guppies league. Positive for this team.... You got the 2nd pick and McCoy is a no brainer. I don't like much else ... And three defenses seems like a bit of a waste. I can see you finishing around 5th place in your league.I like the Qb rotation, Miller will end up being your starting TE IMO ... I feel like you are two players short of competing. Watch that waiver wire.
I was going to start arguing the opening point until I realized who OP was. At the very least, the guppy league is of more interest :) .

Overall, I think I like the starting lineup. Cutler/Romo should be a really solid combo. RBs are nice and deep assuming Foster stays healthy. WRs are OK, think Alshon is good value in early 3rd and Harvin and Decker are OK value in 4th and 6th. Amendola and Britt seem a bit early for my taste, so think you may have some WR depth issues come bye weeks. Clay and Miller is a solid TE combo for 8th/9th round picks.

I don't understand the 3 Def strategy + Locker pick at all, I think at least 1 and probably both backup D picks could have been used on RB/WR and same with Locker's spot. It may work out for you, and quite frankly I hope it does as I think it is bad process so want others to continue to do it.

With 3 extra picks on upside RB/WR think I would like this team much more.
So you think you can get Amendola lower than 12th??? That is the lowest I have ever seen him being taken in any draft and I have done 7 before this. Also, Britt's ADP has been much higher since it is clear he is the #1 WR....sure Bradford is out but Hill is actually pretty competent and Britt should be good depth. You do not like 3 Defenses? LOL ok....I will be getting top 3 D production every week from them based on match ups -

Week 1 - Bears at home vs Bills

Week 2 - Broncos at home vs Chiefs

Week 3 - Pats at home vs Raiders

Week 4 - Pats at Chiefs

Week 5 - Bears at Panthers

Week 6 - Pats at Bills or Broncos at Jets

Week 7 - Jets at Pats or Fins at Bears

Week 8 - Chargers at Broncos on short week

Week 9 - Only week I need to find some other WW D which I am sure I can, since Pats play Broncos and Bears are on bye

Week 10 - Broncos at Raiders

Week 11 - Broncos at Rams or Bears at home vs Vikings (could be rookie Bridgewater time by then in Minny)

Week 12 - Bucs at Bears or Fins at Broncos

Week 13 - Broncos at Chiefs

Week 14 - Bills at Broncos

Week 15 - Fins at pats

Week 16 - Pats at Jets or Lions at Bears (At Solider Field, Stafford is a turn over machine in the cold - go look at what he did a few years back when he threw 5 picks in one game)

As for Locker - Week 2, I plan to start him against the Cowboys. Any QB against the Boys is a guaranteed top 10 worst case and most likely top 5 QB that week. Locker gets the NFC East and AFC South and he has looked solid all preseason so I plan to spot start him

I know some of you sheep do not like to think for yourselves, but that is a good thing for some of us. Good luck with your year!

As for WR depth, I can start 4 RBs after the 2nd week and I can start 2 TEs anytime I want to. I do not need inconsistent WRs taking up roster spots, that I will never start anyways. Britt is a legit WR1 on his team that I can start any time I really need to - and I doubt I will ever have to. And Amendola will have his weeks - sure he will be inconsistent and has health issues but he is my WR4 that I never need to start. I have 4 RBs and 2 TEs I can start any week if needed.

All 4 of my RBs are proven top 3 RBs in the league in the last 3 years and both MJD and Rice have looked good in preseason - showing they still have it. Sure Foster was injured last year, but if he gets hurt, I have depth that is guaranteed to score points behind him.
First off I like your team, I was going to be much friendlier then the others...

Now I don't agree with much of your logic though... There is absolutely NO reason to ever have 3 defenses, which ever one you sit becuase you think the bears have a great matchup will go off and the bears will do ####.. Its just murphys law...

This isn't 3 years ago with those RBs, actually I think you are weak at the position.. Ray will help when he gets back but Foster is brittle and MJD is in a full time share.. I like the WRs and TEs will be fine...

Good Luck
Thanks Coots!
I just happen to be bored and was reading this thread through for the first time this year. I actually happened to be in this specific league and I got lucky and won the league championship despite being 4-7 I was #4 seed as I was 4th in scoring. (1513 pts) made it by 5 pts 5th high had 1508 I held on wee 11 Monday night vs 3 other teams. My team was just average in the championship round though finishing 489th.

Da Bears went 6-5 with 1370 pts with the team above.

I certainly didn't have any kind of Coots year in the FBG contest this season I only won 2 championships out of 16 leagues and my best finish was a league I drafted with Coots actually 281st place my only other team to win a league championship this year after winning 6 out of 12 of them last year with 1 team finishing 16th overall.

It's also interesting to look back at this thread now the season is over and to see how high we were on players that we thought fell as value and totally crapped out like a Crabtree and others.

I did have 1 other really good team I finished 68th overall in the regular season despite drafting Peterson in the 1st round and I often wonder where would have that team finished with any other good 1st round player. I ended up losing that league in the league finals and finished 381st overall.

Ah well maybe next year will be my year for this contest.

Drafted this team yesterday.... Man I have too many!!!!!!!! :o

QB T. Brady, R. Griffin

RB AP, Bush, P. Thomas, S. Jackson, K. Robinson, J. Grimes, D. Archer, S. Draughn

WR A. Johnson, D. Jackson, B. Cooks, J. Mathews, B. Quick, M. Austin

TE Gronk, Miller

Novak, Rams
Ah here it is this is the league I drafted with you Coots the one where I was talking about the guy from the 10 slot who was called "4 minute championship" and how he wrote a book called "Dominate fantasy football" and you with your fake name went all crazy on me in the chat room talking mad smack to me for some unknown reason.

My team for comparing sake that ended up being my best finishing team at 281st (though I could done better had I not stupidly tried to save money and get CJ Anderson on the cheap when I had saved my money and had the most left when Hillman got hurt) lucky for me I still won the league championship despite that idiotic move though it hurt me on my overall finish.

My draft went as follows from 8 slot in order

Dez

D-Murray

K-Allen

A-Rodgers

R-Mathews

Ertz

Trent Richardson who I will never draft again in my life

Golden Tate

Josh Gordon

Gates

Seattle D

Bradshaw

Steve Smith

R-Rodgers

Gostkowski

Donald Brown

C-Latimer

J-McCown

P-Richardson

Thompkins

I ended up 8-3 with 1655 pts for #1 seed

Obviously the key pick of the draft was AP for you and since you had pick 7 and I had pick 8 I got lucky you took AP to keep him away from me.

So the winning team was a slightly above avg team pts wise and 4-7 overall. He had to win his league just to get in the dance. Its wild to think if he lost in week 12 or 13, he's not even in contention for the 300k, let alone winning it. It was his 1 and only team to boot. This contest/lottery is wild. Congrats to all the teams who cashed/won some loot. Happy New yr

Users who are viewing this thread