What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG MBSL 2 - All Inclusive Thread (1 Viewer)

The system gave me SEA D/ST after I posted that I wanted Fleener. I'm hoping this can be worked out by whoever has commish rights.

Dropped the clock to 59 mins for today until 5 pm edt. Will someone log in and shut it totally off after 5 pm. It will be back on for 59 mins for 9 am until 9 pm beginning Tuesday morning. There will be no clock this weekend.

I changed Ref's pick. He sent me a text message to make his pick. I told him I would and got stuck in traffic.

And since Stewart is now sitting at the top of ADP, I changed the default selection to FantasySharks rankings.

Hey Ramrod, when you have the 15th spot and the owner behind you has pre-drafted his next two picks, it's instantly coming back to you.

Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT

Philip Rivers QB SD

Darren McFadden RB OAK

Montee Ball RB DEN

Ahmad Bradshaw RB IND

Mike Tolbert RB CAR

A.J. Green WR CIN

Demaryius Thomas WR DEN

Greg Jennings WR MIN

Malcom Floyd WR SD

Rod Streater WR OAK

Travis Benjamin WR CLE

Brandon Myers TE NYG

Ed Dickson TE BAL

Sebastian Janikowski PK OAK

David Akers PK DET

Cincinnati Bengals D/ST

New York Giants D/ST

I went into this with the idea that if I didn't land Jimmy Graham in the first round or Drew Brees in the first or second round then I was going to wait until about round 7 before I started looking at QB's and TE's and that is exactly what happened. This allowed me to use the first six rounds too concentrate on RB's and WR's. I wasn't looking for any specific draft plan in the first two rounds other then just taking the best player available between Graham, Brees, WR, and RB. I ended up with two WR's after round 2 so I knew I was going to be waiting on QB and TE at that point so I turned my sites on RB's for rounds 3 and 4. In round 5 I was orginally looking at getting my 3rd WR but Ahamad Bradshaw just seemed to good to pass up at that time, which led me to taking a WR in the 6th round. After that, I drafted QB and TE's in rounds 7-10. Then it was just a mater of drafting D/ST, PK, and depth at WR and RB.

Considering that I didn't get my two starting QB's until round 7 and 9 I feel good about who I ended up with. It could have been a lot worse if a big QB run had started between my 6.05 pick and 7.12 pick. Same can be said for getting my backup QB in round 9 another huge run could have started between my 8.05 and 9.12 pick which could have left me with the scrap heap left at QB. So I felt lucky I didn't get caught by huge QB runs inbetween those long runs.

I definitely gambled with my RB's. I drafted two constantly dinged up RB's in McFadden and Bradshaw and who knows how much Montee Ball will be used. So I definitely felt like I took some risks at the RB position but if they payoff then I should be golden if not then I could be leaving early. Mike Tolbert was just a last round flyer who could get some extra looks now that Jonathan Stewart will be out to begin the season.

I really like my top 2 WR's in A.J. Green and Demaryius Thomas. I also like the depth behind them in Greg Jennings, Malcom Floyd, and Rod Streater. My team will pretty much be using WR3 by committee. Travis Benjamin is a late round flyer that I really like. I think the first two weeks that Josh Gordon is out Benjamin can get some really nice playing time and maybe even sneak in as a WR3 score during that time period. Of course after Gordon comes back I don't know how useful Benjamin will be but as a round 17 flyer I can't complain.

I already layed out my plan earlier about waiting later in the draft to grab TE's if I didn't get Graham early on. That's what happed so I waited until rounds 8 and 10 and ended up with Myers and Dickson as my TE's. If both stay healthy until all the bye weeks are over atleast, then I think I will be ok at this position. It won't be a position of strength but I don't necessarily thinkg it will be a position of weakness either.

I got two place kickers and two defenses with different bye weeks, no more needs to be said.

All in all I feel good about this team. Probably not the best team out there but I think in the upper half of the league as long as my RB's stay healthy which with McFadden and Bradshaw that is not a guarantee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stinkin Ref

Busy time of year, decided to just kind of wing it with this one. Maybe zig a little here and there. 13th pick actually seemed like a bump for me in most of these this year, think I sniffed the top half of the draft once in all these bad boys. Away we go....

2.04 Peyton Manning (9)

11.13 Terrelle Pryor (7)

I ####### hate the Broncos but I got a feeling Manning is going to go off this year. And yeah I took him over Rodgers. I'm not sure how anybody is going to slow them down when he runs the hurry up. Hate to say it, but I think he is a LOCK for 2-3 scores a week, and some weeks a few more. I think he will single handly carry many fantasy teams this year. Besides the 3 WR's Julius Thomas has emerged as another athletic target, especially in red zone. There are a few questions with running game and I think Manning pushes 40+ passing attempts each week. The ball will be in his hands in the red zone. Waited forever to back him up, Pryor seemed to have most upside of anybody left.

1.13 Matt Forte (8)

3.13 Eddie Lacy (4)

9.13 Bryce Brown (12)

14.04 Knowshon Moreno (9)

Have never been a huge Forte fan but I like him this year. Bought into the recent Lacy uprising, if he gets the lions share he could be solid. Bryce Brown will get some touches each week. Banking on Moreno sticking his nose in the RB bizness in DEN. Lot of talk around here about using the vet. Gamble with only 4 here and bye weeks might be tough. Was real close to adding a 5th (looked at Turbin several times late who went undrafted) and Tolbert. But went TE. Gonna take the Bronco approach here and hope my QB can carry the load for this group.

4.04 Reggie Wayne (8)

5.13 James Jones (4)

6.04 Josh Gordon (10)

8.04 Golden Tate (12)

13.13 Kenny Stills (7)

Almost added a 6th body here late (Pettis/Avant) but again passed for TE. If I can survive the first two weeks, Gordon will be a nice bump to this group. It may just be me, but Jones has seemed like great value in many of these leagues in the late 5th or 6th in a start 3 league. Gordon was a roll of the dice on talent. I expect Wayne's production to fall off, but they are going throw a ton and he may see more single coverage than normal. Real high on Tate this year and he could end up being the top WR in SEA. Loved Bass getting Stills for me in the 13th, WR3 in NO has value, recent resigning of Meachem a little worrisome. The bye weeks here helped me decide to pass on a 6th and roll with 5. Get me to week 3 baby.

7.13 Zach Sudfeld (10)

17.13 Delanie Walker (8)

18.04 David Ausberry (7)

While I expect Sudfeld to put up TE1 type numbers for most of the year, I got some work to do here. Walker is back and expected to play and while Ausberry is dinged he should also be back and get some looks this year. In 2PPR I felt like I needed to go ahead and triple up here, hoping I can ham an egg some 6 catch/TD type weeks. Almost snagged Scheffler instead of one of these guys and took a look at Wilson in SEA. Bottom line: I got two starting TE's in the last two rounds and Sudfeld. This group could shock the world.

12.04 Blair Walsh (5)

15.13 Adam Vinatieri (8)

Love this dome combo.

10.04 Seattle Seahawks DST (12)

16.04 Washington Redskins DST (5)

Jumped early and am all in on SEA DST this year. They are just plain nasty. Almost rolled solo here but late bye week hurts that, and honestly it's nice to at least have two to choose from each week at any position.

Overall: Really hoping Manning can cover lack of RB4 and WR6 as well as some of the TE suckfest. Really may need some video game numbers out of him some weeks. While depth is an issue at WR, I like my top 4 and if Stills can hold off the competition I could survive there. SEA needs to post some solid weeks to justify the round 10 pick. Brown needs to get the weekly touches I think he will and it would be nice for Moreno ta carve out a niche, but that may have been a wasted pick. If my goal was to just kind of wing it.....mission accomplished.

good luck to all in all of these and all of you enjoy your fantasy season in and out of the best forum on this board...... :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread