What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Mock Draft (2 Viewers)

Edgerrin Cooper. Guys named after football players that were playing when I started watching football are beginning to be old enough to be in the NFL themselves. This is when you know you're at least starting to get old.
Jeremiah Trotter son of Eagle great, was our 2nd choice. BTW, is Trotter better than Cooper? Trotter has been compared to Patrick Queen. Undersized, but makes plays.

I like Cooper better.

All the value feels like it is RB. Nubin, Cooper were all being looked at. Even interior OL but not seeing value. Was so close to pulling WR trigger on another or RB1 if not signing guys.

2.58 Michael Hall DL Ohio St

Let’s add more depth here as never can have enough.

Welp, I just checked page one to see who's drafting for Cleveland and oh yeah, lol, nobody.

So let's discuss it and make the pick. Off the top of my head, this team is complete on defense, could use a WR on offense. Yes?
I had volunteered in case no homer wanted it, but I never saw confirmation and didn't get into this thread this morning. Fiske would not have been the pick.

Panthers are looking to trade up to 59-62 range ... 1 offer sent out already.....
Offering 3.01 Pick 65 (#265) and 5.06 Pick 141 (35.5) in return

ETA: correction ... Pick 141 is the 5.06 (not 4.06)

Last edited:
I'm only gonna be around for another hour to make the Baltimore pick. If someone is going to be here this evening and wouldn't mind making my pick for me, I'd appreciate it. Shoot me a PM.

Edgerrin Cooper. Guys named after football players that were playing when I started watching football are beginning to be old enough to be in the NFL themselves. This is when you know you're at least starting to get old.
I'm experiencing that now when I see the children of the stars I grew up watching playing.

2.57 - Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami
“Instincts pop off the screen when watching Kamren Kinchens. A ball-hawk within the Hurricanes’ secondary, Kinchens combines explosive footwork, smooth hips, and the ability to read a QB’s eyes that is unmatched by many in the college game (eleven INTs, six PBUs combined in 2022-23).“

Ran 4.65 at the combine which really hurt him. But, he plays fast, and that’s what you want in a safety.

“Instincts pop off the screen when watching Kamren Kinchens. A ball-hawk within the Hurricanes’ secondary, Kinchens combines explosive footwork, smooth hips, and the ability to read a QB’s eyes that is unmatched by many in the college game (eleven INTs, six PBUs combined in 2022-23).“

Ran 4.65 at the combine which really hurt him. But, he plays fast, and that’s what you want in a safety.
He made plays but also gave up lots of big plays as a senior. But i think he goes late 2nd early 3rd.

@JoeSteeler Houston OTC at 59.

Houston has traded Pick 59 to Carolina for #65 & 141

Carolina select TE Ja’Tavion Sanders
Texas TE Ja'Tavion Sanders
6'4" 248 lb with monster hands (10.1" Hands)
40 Yard Dash = 4.69 --> great acceleration, explosive out of stance, excellent ball skills & concentration

Came out early for NFL draft
Rated as #2 TE in the draft and still developing his skills

40 Yard Dash = 4.69 --> great acceleration, explosive out of stance, excellent ball skills & concentration

Seeing Houston and Texas and the players name twice had me thoroughly confused for a moment there.
-QG

He made plays but also gave up lots of big plays as a senior. But i think he goes late 2nd early 3rd.
Yeah. Before the combine he was a borderline first round pick. I love guys like that. He ran 4.65 so he’s an afterthought. 11 INTs in two years? :whoa:

Dude knows where the ball is going.

Wait, wait, wait, WE HAD A DEAL!

2.60: Kiran Amegadjie - T - Yale

Been considering this guy since my first round pick was done and just a question of when and if the risk seemed worth it. With Darius Robinson and a couple others off the board, I figured I might as well trade back and assume I could get Amegadije. At 6’ 5’’, 323, I'm sure those Ivy-League boys didn't know what hit them. What has scouts drooling, apparently, is his arm length (36 1/8"). Great athlete with power, agility and a well-proportioned body. His downsides are largely around technique and recognition, but I think that he is exactly the kind of moldable clay that Stoutland U would love to see enrolled.

He started one year at guard, then 2 years at tackle. The Eagles' current need is more on the interior, so in an ideal world he could potentially get his feet wet at guard (maybe later this year), then move out to tackle in a few years to replace Johnson or Mailata. Might be a little early for him, but this draft just feels kinda meh and with no more picks until 120, would rather get a high upside player in here.

At pick 61, the Chicago Bears select: Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

The Bears had Tyler Scott penciled in as their WR3 and have been eyeing WRs all draft (if I'd picked there instead of trading out, I would've taken Rome Odunze at 9, Brian Thomas at 23, or Troy Franklin at 37). Coleman is a big, physical WR with elite ball skills, who should be the X in 3-WR sets (perhaps getting some reps as a big slot) and a major red zone threat. Film guys and big boards generally have him as an early 2nd rounder or so, and I am accustomed to arguing against him at that part of the draft, but compared to the other options at 61 I like him for the Bears.

One concern is that Coleman never put up huge numbers in college, but he's a P5 early declare who played alongisde other goood receivers, and he outproduced Jayden Reed at Michigan State in 2022 as a true sophomore. Another concern is that he relied too heavily on contested catches and had trouble getting open, but George Pickens & Nico Collins had similar concerns and college profiles and have turned out well. There are also concerns about Coleman's athleticism, especially after his slow 40 time, but his jumps were better, PFF rated him as having roughly average size-adjusted on-field athleticism for a starting NFL WR, and his above average missed tackle rate & success at punt returns show some movement skills.

Baltimore is OTC at 62

Last edited:
@ZWK is up for the Bears (unless there was a trade)

Then it's Uruk-Hai at 2.62 who actually has given his preferences to me and @LawFitz via PM, so one of us will make that pick.

Go ahead and make the pick for Uruk-Hai. Since I am picking just behind him, and might be looking at similar options, it's probably better that you do it to avoid any thought of conflict of interest. When I PM'd him to offer to make his pick, I thought he would give me some names, not full control of his war room, lol. I can do it if you aren't able, tho, just LMK.

@ZWK is up for the Bears (unless there was a trade)

Then it's Uruk-Hai at 2.62 who actually has given his preferences to me and @LawFitz via PM, so one of us will make that pick.

Go ahead and make the pick for Uruk-Hai. Since I am picking just behind him, and might be looking at similar options, it's probably better that you do it to avoid any thought of conflict of interest. When I PM'd him to offer to make his pick, I thought he would give me some names, not full control of his war room, lol. I can do it if you aren't able, tho, just LMK.
I will do it shortly. I do have to look through the potential candidates a little bit...

2.62: ADISSA ISAAC, EDGE, PENN STATE

I don't want to give away too much about Uruk-Hai's future strategy, but let's just say that what he asked for at this spot was pretty challenging to get. Isaac is probably the only premium pass rusher left and still has room to develop. Some sources say he is decent against the run, others are less sanguine. It's also challenging because they have a rookie DC and it is hard to know for sure what he will do. Either way, Isaac should be a solid piece to deploy and hopefully wreak havoc.

2.64 The Tennessee Titans draft Marshawn Kneeland, edge western Michigan

Projects to be an adequate replacement for Autry eventually and rotates well with Key immediately.

At 6-foot-3, 267 pounds, Kneeland racked up 37 total pressures, six sacks, and 28 hurries to go with 38 total tackles last season. Kneeland tied for ninth among all EDGE players in Pro Football Focus’ grades at the position.

Kneeland also impressed with his athleticism at the NFL Combine. He was first in his position group in the three-cone drill (7.02 seconds) and 20-yard shuttle (4.18 seconds) while also ranking in the top 10 in the vertical (35.5 inches) and bench press (21 reps).

Grinding the OL, Harbaugh style, with another cornerstone player...

With the 63rd pick of the 2024 Draft, the Las Vegas Raiders select:

2.63 - Christian Haynes - OG, Univ of Connecticut

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY​

Christian Haynes has proven himself as a durable and dependable guard throughout his time at UConn, showcasing a blend of technical skill and football IQ that sets him apart. His ability to consistently start and perform at a high level, even against the backdrop of a challenging collegiate program, speaks volumes about his readiness for the NFL. With solid pass protection skills and a knack for run blocking, Haynes' transition to professional football looks promising, especially for teams emphasizing a zone-blocking scheme.

Despite some concerns regarding his quickness and versatility against the diverse and dynamic defensive fronts in the NFL, Haynes' foundational skills and mental sharpness suggest he can adapt and overcome.

Looking ahead, Haynes is positioned to make an early impact in the NFL. His work ethic, demonstrated by his consecutive starts and all-American honors, underlines his commitment to improvement and consistency. While further development will be needed Haynes' collegiate career provides a solid foundation for his potential success at the pro level.

2.64 The Tennessee Titans draft Marshawn Kneeland, edge western Michigan

Projects to be an adequate replacement for Autry eventually and rotates well with Key immediately.

At 6-foot-3, 267 pounds, Kneeland racked up 37 total pressures, six sacks, and 28 hurries to go with 38 total tackles last season. Kneeland tied for ninth among all EDGE players in Pro Football Focus’ grades at the position.

Kneeland also impressed with his athleticism at the NFL Combine. He was first in his position group in the three-cone drill (7.02 seconds) and 20-yard shuttle (4.18 seconds) while also ranking in the top 10 in the vertical (35.5 inches) and bench press (21 reps).
He was in consideration for the Ravens but seemed a little too raw. Could be a good one though.

We only going 3 rounds?
that was the plan.

plans can change.
If it rolls. It’ll go.
I say we go through UDFAs
I give you:

Louis Rees-Zammit is a 6'3", 194lb Welsh rugby player, who previously was a wing/full-back (read: fast perimeter player). Louis was one of the better rugby players in the world, and left his sport at 23 years old to come to America to try to play in the NFL, having learned the game at his father's knee who played professional American football in Europe. It was always Louis' dream to play in the NFL, but he grew up in rugby country, so he took the next best thing. Louis has never played a competitive down of professional American football in a game. He is currently training at the International Player Pathway Program to learn the game. You may have heard of that program, where the NFL takes talented international athletes and teaches them to play football at the professional level. The IPPP has only had one guy from their program be drafted in their history -- some guy named Jordan Mailata.

24.2 mph at the Rugby World Cup last year is VERY impressive. For reference, the fastest a player ran in the NFL last season was Tyreek Hill in week 5, when his top speed hit 22.01 mph. Tyreek did it in pads and a helmet, but still. If Louis' football speed can be anything close to his rugby speed, I would draft him in a heartbeat.

We only going 3 rounds?
that was the plan.

plans can change.
If it rolls. It’ll go.
Keeping track of this has been a lot of work. I can only do it thru round 3. If someone else wants to keep track of everything, that works.
You’ve been doing great. The first couple of posts being continually updated have been super helpful.

We only going 3 rounds?
that was the plan.

plans can change.
If it rolls. It’ll go.
Keeping track of this has been a lot of work. I can only do it thru round 3. If someone else wants to keep track of everything, that works.
You’ve been doing great. The first couple of posts being continually updated have been super helpful.
Crazy. We’ve been BS’ing about him on a Bucs forum I go to. Clearly some legitimacy.

Users who are viewing this thread