What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG - Sleepers - Week 2 Article (1 Viewer)

Gally

Footballguy
It seems like this is back to where it was last year in that it is not so much an article on possible week 2 plays as much as it is a rehash of what players did well the previous week.  I would like an article that would actually give some out of the box possible high upside plays (the other IDP article - Big Play Payday -  kind of touches on it but not very clearly).  Since most of the quality IDP info stems from this forum on the site maybe we can do our own Sleeper "article" for the upcoming week. 

Anybody have anything of an off name guy that has a good upside matchup for week 2 or even name guys that have a really good opportunity for some reason (like o-line injuries of the opponent)?

My super deep sleeper is Leonard floyd. Looked functional in week 1, and eagles line looks super vulnerable.

My super deep sleeper is Leonard floyd. Looked functional in week 1, and eagles line looks super vulnerable.
I have been burned by the Floyd glimpses over the years.  I hear you but I don't think I can bring myself to go there again...hahahaha

It seems like this is back to where it was last year in that it is not so much an article on possible week 2 plays as much as it is a rehash of what players did well the previous week.  I would like an article that would actually give some out of the box possible high upside plays (the other IDP article - Big Play Payday -  kind of touches on it but not very clearly).  Since most of the quality IDP info stems from this forum on the site maybe we can do our own Sleeper "article" for the upcoming week. 

Anybody have anything of an off name guy that has a good upside matchup for week 2 or even name guys that have a really good opportunity for some reason (like o-line injuries of the opponent)?
Any specific position?

According to PFF, the 3 safeties that played in the box the most week 1 were:

Justin Simmons

Jabril Peppers

Jordan Whitehead.  

I am sure SImmons is rostered, but Whitehead probably is not.  

For you smarter folks, would you look to Jordan Whitehead or Rodney McLeod - mainly for rest of the season, next few weeks in particular?

I'll nominate Andrew Wingard this week. With Jarrod Wilson on IR, Wingard will start at FS and the coaching staff seems to like him and he's been productive in limited opportunities in the past. Obviously the FS position isn't as appealing as Jones at SS and not sure about the matchup, but I'd be hoping that the full time role and Wingard's tendency to produce will make him a reasonable option in deeper formats that require 3+ DB starters. Pretty hit or miss though and you'd want to have deep starting requirements to consider.

Either Tyrel Dodson or AJ Klein might be worth a spot start too as Milano almost certainly won't play. I'm not sure who directly backs up Milano (I think it's Klein) but whoever gets the start and looks like they will play full time might provide LB3 value, even in a pretty ordinary matchup. Dodson wore the dot once Edmunds went out last week so he might be more a direct replacement for him, rather than Milano, so he might be riskier (he looks the part though and has a nice athletic profile). He left the game last week too but logged a full practice today. Edmunds was limited so I expect he'll play. I'd be monitoring anything coming out of practice in terms of who will get the start. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll nominate Andrew Wingard this week. With Jarrod Wilson on IR, Wingard will start at FS and the coaching staff seems to like him and he's been productive in limited opportunities in the past. Obviously the FS position isn't as appealing as Jones at SS and not sure about the matchup, but I'd be hoping that the full time role and Wingard's tendency to produce will make him a reasonable option in deeper formats that require 3+ DB starters. Pretty hit or miss though and you'd want to have deep starting requirements to consider.

Either Tyrel Dodson or AJ Klein might be worth a spot start too as Milano almost certainly won't play. I'm not sure who directly backs up Milano (I think it's Klein) but whoever gets the start and looks like they will play full time might provide LB3 value, even in a pretty ordinary matchup. Dodson wore the dot once Edmunds went out last week so he might be more a direct replacement for him, rather than Milano, so he might be riskier (he looks the part though and has a nice athletic profile). He left the game last week too but logged a full practice today. Edmunds was limited so I expect he'll play. I'd be monitoring anything coming out of practice in terms of who will get the start. 
Edmunds was ruled out today so Dodson might be the play.

Robert Quinn could be a nice play vs the Giants if he is active for big play scoring.  The Giants O-Line is terrible so if healthy he should get a sack or two.  The problem is he was out last week with an ankle injury so he is no guarantee to play.  This is a play if you are a heavy underdog and need a sack or two.  Monitor his health status before pulling the trigger.

Nick Vigil is a good play against the Chiefs this week.  Due Tranquill is out with a broken ankle and Vigil got the snaps in his place.  This week there should be a lit of tackle opportunities due to the opponent.

Not sure if a sleeper...but Jeff Okudah could be a nice play in Week 2 vs. Packers in CB-required leagues.

He's practicing in full this week and the Lions secondary is depleted in a matchup that A-Rod is sure to be salivating over.

Davante Adams had 17 targets in week one.

No guarantee Okudah will shadow Adams...but it's been widely reported that Okudah studied him in copious detail even prior to be drafted by Lions.

Plus rookie-corner rule and all that.

Nick Vigil is a good play against the Chiefs this week.  Due Tranquill is out with a broken ankle and Vigil got the snaps in his place.  This week there should be a lit of tackle opportunities due to the opponent.
Absolutely love Vigil.  We've already seen what he can do, volume-wise.  Honestly I was kind of surprised he wasn't already the starter.  I don't have much love for Tranquill I guess.

With both Bills LB's ruled out Poyer might be in for more tackle chances (not that he is a sleeper.....just its a plus matchup)

It may be too late on this, but Darian Thompson seemed to be near every tackle vs the Rams. I grabbed him prior to the season but even after he was still on the WW. If you need a safety and he’s still available I would snag him. Add in more LB injuries for the boys and he could be in for another big game. 

The Claymaker said:
It may be too late on this, but Darian Thompson seemed to be near every tackle vs the Rams. I grabbed him prior to the season but even after he was still on the WW. If you need a safety and he’s still available I would snag him. Add in more LB injuries for the boys and he could be in for another big game. 
I thought the same thing today and plugged him in over a handful of mediocre options.  He was, uh, a disappointment.  The Falcons offense ran enough plays in week 2 to give the Cowboy defenders plenty of tackle opportunities.  ??

I thought the same thing today and plugged him in over a handful of mediocre options.  He was, uh, a disappointment.  The Falcons offense ran enough plays in week 2 to give the Cowboy defenders plenty of tackle opportunities.  ??
Yeah. No idea, I had him going in 2 leagues, I saw him in the game. Must have b en game plan. 

I read a few IDP guys say beware Thompson week 1 stat line, as he plays deeper than you might think. 

I still picked him up here and there, but gonna do some research on him, because with LVE out, there's still opportunity there

Not sure if a sleeper...but Jeff Okudah could be a nice play in Week 2 vs. Packers in CB-required leagues.

He's practicing in full this week and the Lions secondary is depleted in a matchup that A-Rod is sure to be salivating over.

Davante Adams had 17 targets in week one.

No guarantee Okudah will shadow Adams...but it's been widely reported that Okudah studied him in copious detail even prior to be drafted by Lions.

Plus rookie-corner rule and all that.
Jeff Okudah getting rookie-CB effect and is a top-notch talent so he has cleaned up.

Good call.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread