What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Week 1 projections (1 Viewer)

Toomuchnv

Footballguy
Is there a way to see the date these projections were updated similar to the season projections? Given that David Cobb has stats projected for week 1 is it safe to assume these projections haven't been looked at since they were first put in?

both the Staff Rankings and Projections have the actual date of submission tagged for each FBG who makes projections. The date is not visible from your own team page nor cheat sheet screens however. It seems logical that those projection submission dates are where all of those cheat sheets and team page data feed from.

Haven't seen the needle move since ATL announced Tevin Coleman as the starting RB in the last couple days now?

Projections are just projections, yet I take in all of this "expert" analysis. I would also say to FootballGuys, please don't rest on your laurels...stay on top of the new unfoldings and post appropriately in a timely fashion.

It is Thursday and Dodds still has projected stats for David Cobb week 1. The fact that this hasn't been adjusted makes me less than optimistic that these rankings/projections are taken very seriously by the FBG staff...

Maybe that is why they don't put a date/time stamp on their weekly projections...

Last edited by a moderator:
It is Thursday and Dodds still has projected stats for David Cobb week 1. The fact that this hasn't been adjusted makes me less than optimistic that these rankings/projections are taken very seriously by the FBG staff...

Maybe that is why they don't put a date/time stamp on their weekly projections...
Sometimes it feels like all they care about is Daily Fantasy now. I get it as I play as well, but it's all the emails are about, it's pinned now at the top left of the site etc.

Sometimes it feels like all they care about is Daily Fantasy now. I get it as I play as well, but it's all the emails are about, it's pinned now at the top left of the site etc.
Actually, DD has points projected for David Cobb under the DFS section as well....

Team Smokin said:
Projections are just projections, yet I take in all of this "expert" analysis. I would also say to FootballGuys, please don't rest on your laurels...stay on top of the new unfoldings and post appropriately in a timely fashion.
They've been coasting for years now. Don't expect it to change this season. It's all pre-season hype and in-season snooze.

We haven't even reached the point of the year when the day-to-day content schedule starts getting pushed further into the week and ends up being useless by the time it's posted.

As far as focusing on "daily fantasy sports" only, aren't the same projections fed into that? It'll be just as f-ed up. And now the Crusher app has had problems for days with week 1 info that hasn't been fixed.

But as long as they're getting subscriptions and, soon, $2-a-week in-app purchases, don't expect it to be any different than it's ever been.
Been noticing a slight fall off. Like in any business in order to stay #1 or work your way up to #1 it takes a lot of rolling up your sleeves versus sitting on the couch.

Lazy analysis on the RB projections.

L. Murray projected more than D. Martin ... both are early down horses, but TB run blocking is light-years ahead of OAK, in addition to TB facing a MUCH easier match-up.

I feel like the projections could use more resources... someone perhaps taking a day every week to marry PFF-grade data to various player match-ups. I do it myself since there is no good fantasy resource for it.

Over the last few years the early proj. would come out on tuesday and updates on friday if i remember correctly. I would expect the same this year. But the week one proj have been out for more than a week. I don't see them updating more than once a week.

Well....it is Friday and D. Cobb is still projected with stats for week 1....this is borderline ridiculous....if it wasn't for the subscriber contest, I would probably be cancelling my subscription going forward. As it stands now I may have to find a different site for more reliable prognosticating which sucks as I have been using FBG for a really long time.

Is there a way to see the date these projections were updated similar to the season projections? Given that David Cobb has stats projected for week 1 is it safe to assume these projections haven't been looked at since they were first put in?
noticed that today with Cobb. Not good.

Not sure why that was funny. This is the first year in the last five that I did not renew my membership.

I realize people enjoy different aspects of the site - But regarding what I enjoyed (primarily the top 200 forward), I feel there's been a drop in quality.

Not bashing our friends here at FBG, just my honest opinion.

Walking Boot said:
What's great is the preseason comments are all "It's only $30 for a subscription, if you win your league you'll pay for it multiple times over!" and "It's only $30 for the app for a season, that's nothing!" and "C'mon cheapskate, $30 and you get so much valuuuuuuue!".

Then, once the season actually starts, all the comments are "Why are you paying someone else to make predictions about the future? No one knows what's going to happen!" or "What do you expect? Do your own research!" and "Do you really need to pay $30 to someone else to tell you Tom Brady is good?"
I pay $30 and have for the past decade because I valued the opinions of the FBG staff...it just seems that so far this year with the week 1 projections they aren't putting much thought into it. The stats projected for David Cobb is just an example of them throwing something out there and then not caring enough to update it later in the week when news breaks that he was put on IR. And for the record, this has nothing to do with David Cobb in my eyes and more to do with them not reacting to any recent news and having their projections reflect that. Which is another reason why I would like a date and time stamp for when their weekly projections were loaded similar to their season long projections.To give a good example, the idp projections initially had 0 stats projected for Michael Johnson. Now that he is practicing fully that was changed and he is projected in the stats.

I guess I am asking too much for FBG to care about their week 1 offense projections?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any staff members monitor these board and address issues like this?

I purchased a subscription to another site last year and the projections were updated daily and you could see the date/time of the latest update.

Decided to go with Footballguys this year for the contest but that won't be enough for me to renew going forward. Seems the daily contests are getting much of the attention now and I don't participate in those.

No doubt Dodds is way too busy tweaking his own DFS lineups to worry about FBG Subscriber content.
very true, although at the same time I still like what Dodds does with DFS.

At some point, there may just be too many aspects of FBG to handle for the staff. I understand one can say "hire more staff" but really, I only care about the opinions of Dodds and few others.

While I don't really use the FBG rankings for year long stuff at all, I can see where this is a concern for those who do. And as a subscriber its not a good sign that no one from the site has even bothered to comment on this.

You guys didn't realize by now that these projections are intentional so that your opponent goes ahead and plays Cobb along with other bad choices? It's all a ruse.

I purchased a subscription to another site last year and the projections were updated daily and you could see the date/time of the latest update.

Decided to go with Footballguys this year for the contest but that won't be enough for me to renew going forward. Seems the daily contests are getting much of the attention now and I don't participate in those.
There isn't anyone assigned to read every post or every thread. But when we see something we pass it on. I let Dodds know about Cobb's projection when I saw the thread here and he fixed it.

The better way to make us aware of something is to use the emails on the main page. The Staff/Contacts page has each staffer with an email for them in it. If you know the specific staffer you can mail them directly for the quickest response. Otherwise sending things to Clayton Gray (gray@footballguys.com) should get you forwarded on to the right person as he handles a lot of the overall management for the main site.

There isn't anyone assigned to read every post or every thread. But when we see something we pass it on. I let Dodds know about Cobb's projection when I saw the thread here and he fixed it.

The better way to make us aware of something is to use the emails on the main page. The Staff/Contacts page has each staffer with an email for them in it. If you know the specific staffer you can mail them directly for the quickest response. Otherwise sending things to Clayton Gray (gray@footballguys.com) should get you forwarded on to the right person as he handles a lot of the overall management for the main site.
Aren't you guys supposed to be the ones letting us know?

Putting the onus on us to keep you up to snuff?

I enjoy the contest but haven't relied on FBG for years regarding projections.

Used to be the best place for detailed info, now you can get it anywhere.

While I agree that pointing out potential random oversites like Cobb is something the user should bring up. I believe the overall concern about how up to date projections are is a issue the staff should address. Maybe the staff doesn't have time to update the projections as much as some like but simply dating the projections would at least help those using them. I don't use the projections at all so it doesn't matter for me except that creates concerns regarding the rest of the content some which I clearly use or I wouldn't be a member.

This really seems lazy to me....and by fixing it you just mean he deleted the Cobb projections right? Because neither of the remaining Tennessee backs received projection updates in his ranking.

Prior to the change Sankey had 10 carries, West had 2 carries, Mariota had 5 carries and Cobb had 9 carries....totalling 26 which is what the game predictor shows Tennessee for carries.

After the change Sankey has 10, West has 2, Mariota has 5 totalling 17. It just seems like a total lack of effort to me....and let's be real here...FBG's is where they are at today because people pay to view the staff's opinion on players and games. If there is going to be a lack of effort on that going forward that can't be good for business.

As a person way too busy to make my own projection anymore, I use FBG's projections all the time and have had great success.

This season, I will be watching closely

Consider this long time subscriber, very concerned

I was told for quickest customer service the shark move was to PM Shuke.

Thanks. We don't have a date on the weekly but I agree we should. We'll look there for the future. I can see a pretty major upgrade in how that page looks coming this offseason and that's one of the things I'd like to see.

Week 1 is always the toughest week as we try to manage draft info with Week 1 info. Thankfully Week 2 is a little easier with just the inseason focus. Thanks.

J

Haha week two on we're great. Come on J, you can't get off that easy. If you know week one takes more- roll up those sleeves. Many greats were formed like that.

Seems like a lot if the in season info besides projections has disappeared for the weekly leagues which I don't do. Price going up, info down is concerning.

Seems like a lot if the in season info besides projections has disappeared for the weekly leagues which I don't do. Price going up, info down is concerning.
The trend is to daily leagues across the industry. If you were running the site, would you be interested in hockey stick growth or same-o same-o flat line growth?

Dollars drive decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread