What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG's Philly/Balt/Wash area auction league (2 Viewers)

What suburb in B-more. I used to live in Fells Point. I'm in Hagerstown now, 2 hrs. away. Never done an auction league so I'd probably be throwing my money away the first year. I might be interested. How long does the draft usuually last and are there cots for thee beveraged-impaired :thumbup: I may have to bring my wife, she don't trust me in B-more knowing my past history there and my party escapades. Hey, I was a single guy then and that was 21 years ago.
Hey what do you know... a fellow Hagerstonian, I thought I was the only FBG from Hagerstown. PM sent! (maybe we can carpool)

Just a quick note of encouragement for the auction rookies who are worried about the transition. In my opinion, if you have the skills to put together a good team through a snake draft, you will also be able to do it through auction. Just a few differences in the way you go about it, but the bottom line is... Can you pick out the players who will win you the championship ?

I would be more worried about the extremely high level of skill of the owners in this league. :thumbup:

ravnzfan said:
I am headed out on vacation that weekend, back on the 16th... I could make a draft on any other weekend in August besides 8/8 and 8/15
I am good on weekends of August 1, 8, 15. Will be gone on weekends of 22 & 29. :goodposting:
So two people just shot every date in August except the first.
:doh: OK, so how does Saturday, August 1st look for everyone?

:lmao:
Much better for me, actually. The 8th would have been very tough plus I don't think I could've gotten the site. The 1st and any Sat. in July (or 8/22 and 8/29, for that matter) are fine for both me and the site.

I am headed out on vacation that weekend, back on the 16th... I could make a draft on any other weekend in August besides 8/8 and 8/15
I am good on weekends of August 1, 8, 15. Will be gone on weekends of 22 & 29. :football:
So two people just shot every date in August except the first.
What about a Friday evening?
man, you trying to kill me? :D (I leave for work 2:30AM Sat mornings!)and rene is comming up from Norfolk, along w/some others traveling a distanceI can make a Fri nite work, I'm just thinking of the guys traveling

man, you trying to kill me? :kicksrock: (I leave for work 2:30AM Sat mornings!)and rene is comming up from Norfolk, along w/some others traveling a distanceI can make a Fri nite work, I'm just thinking of the guys traveling
Agreed, Friday night is not a good time. Traffic from VA to Baltimore area is a nightmare on Fridays in the summer.

In for August 1:

1. ravnzfan

2. Fear The Turtle

3. roarlions

4. Rayderr

5. CommuterMan

6. Uruk-Hai

7. pablito

8. Jeff P.

9. renesauz

10. Go DC Yourself

11. philly fanatic

12. Kenlin

13. Dayton

14. Max/nittany

15. Guest #1

16. Guest #2

Insurance/auctioneer/man-about-town: roadkill1292

Alt: fatness

The Man

Soaring Eagle

Domination

Ruffrodys05

Nittany's protege

wdcrob

Last edited by a moderator:
Just catching up here, haven't checked this thread in a week. Good to see some action in it.

1. I think our system accommodates 18 users, up to 4 of which can be remote if we have high speed internet connection at both ends. This feature works great, BTW.

2. I think my vacation is Aug. 8-15. Figures.

3. If so, and that's when you need to do the auction, my absence will only result in losing your "even team insurance," not the auction system. Rich can handle it. EDIT: I should be good for Aug. 1 or 2.

4. Kudos to Ken for his encouragement. There's no need for any newbie to fear his first auction. They should fear me instead.

5. Think about shrinking roster sizes a little if you go to 16 teams. I think 12-14 teams would be optimal but that could be because my local league has 16 and Rich and I were looking for a little variety when we got into this.

Just catching up here, haven't checked this thread in a week. Good to see some action in it.

1. I think our system accommodates 18 users, up to 4 of which can be remote if we have high speed internet connection at both ends. This feature works great, BTW.

3. If so, and that's when you need to do the auction, my absence will only result in losing your "even team insurance," not the auction system. Rich can handle it. EDIT: I should be good for Aug. 1 or 2.

4. Kudos to Ken for his encouragement. There's no need for any newbie to fear his first auction. They should fear me instead.

5. Think about shrinking roster sizes a little if you go to 16 teams. I think 12-14 teams would be optimal but that could be because my local league has 16 and Rich and I were looking for a little variety when we got into this.
I can make August 1 or 2 this year, if you're desperate and don't mind the hit on your property values.

I can make August 1 or 2 this year, if you're desperate and don't mind the hit on your property values.
oh, now fatty wants a piece of the action! :moneybag: solid alt, if one of the others can't make August 1st

ravnzfan said:
fatness said:

oh, now fatty wants a piece of the action! ;) solid alt, if one of the others can't make August 1st
But he's a Skins fan. :confused: Can we afford the hit?

Put me down as an alternate and/or count me in if you go past 14 teams. Sounds like a great league and I'd like to meet the few fellow FBG Raven fans.

Soaring Eagle said:
any openings left?sttbear@yahoo.com
Got you down as the third alternate. That makes a total of 5 alts/insurance with a median (and mode) FBG join date of 4-14-03. Is this a league or what? :fro:

Looks like August 1 is firming up.

Provided I don't have a Catering Engagement booked for that date, I'll be in attendance again. As soon as it's ***OFFICIAL***, I'll block off that date to reserve it for attending the Auction.

I'll make something yummy, and bring it to chow on.

I'll be available, as I was last year, to Draft for anyone who can't make it, but would like to participate. Same deal as last year - the Owner and I will establish contact prior to the Draft to determine his preferences, and I will stand in as surrogate.

Certainly worked out pretty well last year...Philly CheeseSteaks came pretty darn close to parleying his foundation into an Inaugural Title.

You all are still shooting for a Final # of over 12, correct? Looks like you're pretty close to 16. I'll do whatever I'm capable of to help make that a reality.

Looks like August 1 is firming up.Provided I don't have a Catering Engagement booked for that date, I'll be in attendance again. As soon as it's ***OFFICIAL***, I'll block off that date to reserve it for attending the Auction.I'll make something yummy, and bring it to chow on.I'll be available, as I was last year, to Draft for anyone who can't make it, but would like to participate. Same deal as last year - the Owner and I will establish contact prior to the Draft to determine his preferences, and I will stand in as surrogate.Certainly worked out pretty well last year...Philly CheeseSteaks came pretty darn close to parleying his foundation into an Inaugural Title.You all are still shooting for a Final # of over 12, correct? Looks like you're pretty close to 16. I'll do whatever I'm capable of to help make that a reality.
:wolf: :yes: :bow:My collaboration with Nittanylion last year was fantastic, he gave me a great foundation to work with coming out of the draft. If anyone wants to be in the league but can't be there for the draft you should definitely get in touch with Nittanylion to see if he can draft your team for you. We chatted quite a bit about drafting philosophy and particular players prior to the draft to set some goals and identify players we liked/disliked and then Nittanylion did a great job following through during the draft.

Looks like August 1 is firming up.

Provided I don't have a Catering Engagement booked for that date, I'll be in attendance again. As soon as it's ***OFFICIAL***, I'll block off that date to reserve it for attending the Auction.

I'll make something yummy, and bring it to chow on.

I'll be available, as I was last year, to Draft for anyone who can't make it, but would like to participate. Same deal as last year - the Owner and I will establish contact prior to the Draft to determine his preferences, and I will stand in as surrogate.

Certainly worked out pretty well last year...Philly CheeseSteaks came pretty darn close to parleying his foundation into an Inaugural Title.

You all are still shooting for a Final # of over 12, correct? Looks like you're pretty close to 16. I'll do whatever I'm capable of to help make that a reality.
Consider it official. We've already got 12 who are fine with it. We'll be hard-pressed to do better than that.

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm still trying to figure out if the 1st works for me. I'm getting Married only July 28th and we only have a two day honeymoon planned, so its still a possibility for me to make it. I'm kind of waiting to hear back from a few people who are coming into town for the wedding. I don't want to take off on them while they are here.

If you find someone else who wants in, you can give them my spot. I just can't commit at this time and don't want to hold it up for others who are interested. I'll still monitor the thread and let you guys know whats up when I hear more.

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm still trying to figure out if the 1st works for me. I'm getting Married only July 28th and we only have a two day honeymoon planned, so its still a possibility for me to make it. I'm kind of waiting to hear back from a few people who are coming into town for the wedding. I don't want to take off on them while they are here. If you find someone else who wants in, you can give them my spot. I just can't commit at this time and don't want to hold it up for others who are interested. I'll still monitor the thread and let you guys know whats up when I hear more.
Congrats on the wedding. As for the first, remember that we'll have nittany available to bid for you. You two confab beforehand (or during) and then you assume complete control of the team post-auction. We also have backups, as you mentioned, but it'd be a shame if you didn't allow the rest of us a shot at last year's high scorer. :P

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm still trying to figure out if the 1st works for me. I'm getting Married only July 28th and we only have a two day honeymoon planned, so its still a possibility for me to make it. I'm kind of waiting to hear back from a few people who are coming into town for the wedding. I don't want to take off on them while they are here. If you find someone else who wants in, you can give them my spot. I just can't commit at this time and don't want to hold it up for others who are interested. I'll still monitor the thread and let you guys know whats up when I hear more.
Congrats on the wedding. As for the first, remember that we'll have nittany available to bid for you. You two confab beforehand (or during) and then you assume complete control of the team post-auction. We also have backups, as you mentioned, but it'd be a shame if you didn't allow the rest of us a shot at last year's high scorer. :P
sounds good, I can roll with that. I'll still try to be there, but I can get with nittany and hash out a plan in case I don't make it.

Max Power said:
Fear The Turtle said:
Max Power said:
sounds good, I can roll with that. I'll still try to be there, but I can get with nittany and hash out a plan in case I don't make it.
Great.

Got you down as the third alternate. That makes a total of 5 alts/insurance with a median (and mode) FBG join date of 4-14-03. Is this a league or what? :pickle:
:thumbup:16 teamer, using 2-8 team divisions?:)I'd LOVE to see use max out the league trying to get everyone that is interested "IN"this way, if we have any "no show's", we can still fall back to a 14 teamer, worst case senario

Got you down as the third alternate. That makes a total of 5 alts/insurance with a median (and mode) FBG join date of 4-14-03. Is this a league or what? :)
:(16 teamer, using 2-8 team divisions?:unsure:I'd LOVE to see use max out the league trying to get everyone that is interested "IN"this way, if we have any "no show's", we can still fall back to a 14 teamer, worst case senario
I'm definitely up for that. So, we'll await word from Jeff P. about his two mystery guests. If one or both don't pan out, we'll fill any vacancies from the waiting list.

Yes, indeed - I'll be there, and ready to stand in as a surrogate should the need arise. Max, send me a PM when you're ready to start discussing your contingency plans, and we can go from there. I'll be in attendance regardless, so even if we see Max, perhaps there's someone else who'll require a stand-in. That was a lot of fun, and successful, too...things couldn't have flowed more smoothly between Jim (Cheesesteaks) and myself. You'll all enjoy meeting him at this next Draft. He's stand-up, good people.

So, with the advent of a potentially larger League, I'd like to offer the following:

I've played in 16-Teamers for while, including my main $$$ Dynasty League, which is going into Season 9, and is largely comprised of original members, all who are pretty insightful when it comes to setting up League parameters. We've expanded that League from 12 to 14 to 16, and tweaked things along the way, and speaking from a vast amount of 'GroupThink' experience and much hashing and rehashing, I think the best way to organize a 16 Teamer would be to have 4 Divisions of 4 Teams each.

I have a Schedule Template I'd be happy to offer as well, should you go that route.

Also, with 16 Teams, we've evolved into allowing SEVEN Teams in the PlayOff Tournament. Under this format, you'd have 4 Division Winners and 3 Wild Cards.

We've always felt that in a 12-Teamer, that no more than 6 should make the Playoffs, and when we went to 14, we kept it that way, but when we moved to 16, increasing the League size by 25%, it merited another Team in the Playoff Field.

Get this - the 'BEST' Overall Division Winner is the #1 Overall Seed and is the ONLY TEAM that gets a 'Bye' - otherwise winning your Division only guarantees you an automatic Playoff Berth. We felt that when you started giving multiple Teams Byes, you were reducing the value.

Also, we Seed the Playoff Teams by Record/PointsScored, so again, winning your Division only guarantees you a ticket to the Dance - we wanted the 'BEST' Teams to be Seeded highest, and often, there were Wild Card Teams in strong Divisions that were 'better' Teams than the winners of weak Divisions.

Format as follows:

Week 1: 2v7, 3v6, 4v5

Week 2: 1vLowest Surviving Seed, Other 2 Seeds

Week 3: Championship Game

I'd strongly urge you guys to consider these things if you're moving to 16 Teams.

Got you down as the third alternate. That makes a total of 5 alts/insurance with a median (and mode) FBG join date of 4-14-03. Is this a league or what? :)
:yes:16 teamer, using 2-8 team divisions?:DI'd LOVE to see use max out the league trying to get everyone that is interested "IN"this way, if we have any "no show's", we can still fall back to a 14 teamer, worst case senario
Two divisions of 8 teams means that you will not be able to play everyone in your division twice (7 x 2) or everyone in the league once within a 13 week schedule. For 16 teams why not break them down into 4 divisions & 2 conferences - where you play everyone in your division three times (9 games) and the other 4 games are against the for teams from the other division in your conference. This way winning the division means that you were the best and proved it over a highly tested schedule. The highest seeded division team from the conferences are given byes while the next highest seeded team that won their division is set to play the wildcard team (the highest seeded 2nd team from the two divisions).The conference championship would be the following week and then in week #16 the 'Super Bowl' of our league would pit the winners of each conference championship game.Thoughts???

Yes, indeed - I'll be there, and ready to stand in as a surrogate should the need arise. Max, send me a PM when you're ready to start discussing your contingency plans, and we can go from there. I'll be in attendance regardless, so even if we see Max, perhaps there's someone else who'll require a stand-in. That was a lot of fun, and successful, too...things couldn't have flowed more smoothly between Jim (Cheesesteaks) and myself. You'll all enjoy meeting him at this next Draft. He's stand-up, good people.So, with the advent of a potentially larger League, I'd like to offer the following:I've played in 16-Teamers for while, including my main $$$ Dynasty League, which is going into Season 9, and is largely comprised of original members, all who are pretty insightful when it comes to setting up League parameters. We've expanded that League from 12 to 14 to 16, and tweaked things along the way, and speaking from a vast amount of 'GroupThink' experience and much hashing and rehashing, I think the best way to organize a 16 Teamer would be to have 4 Divisions of 4 Teams each.I have a Schedule Template I'd be happy to offer as well, should you go that route.Also, with 16 Teams, we've evolved into allowing SEVEN Teams in the PlayOff Tournament. Under this format, you'd have 4 Division Winners and 3 Wild Cards.We've always felt that in a 12-Teamer, that no more than 6 should make the Playoffs, and when we went to 14, we kept it that way, but when we moved to 16, increasing the League size by 25%, it merited another Team in the Playoff Field.Get this - the 'BEST' Overall Division Winner is the #1 Overall Seed and is the ONLY TEAM that gets a 'Bye' - otherwise winning your Division only guarantees you an automatic Playoff Berth. We felt that when you started giving multiple Teams Byes, you were reducing the value.Also, we Seed the Playoff Teams by Record/PointsScored, so again, winning your Division only guarantees you a ticket to the Dance - we wanted the 'BEST' Teams to be Seeded highest, and often, there were Wild Card Teams in strong Divisions that were 'better' Teams than the winners of weak Divisions.Format as follows:Week 1: 2v7, 3v6, 4v5Week 2: 1vLowest Surviving Seed, Other 2 SeedsWeek 3: Championship GameI'd strongly urge you guys to consider these things if you're moving to 16 Teams.
I like this setup. However, as we all know (and as we relearned last year), the preeminence of divisions can lead to hurt feelings. I believe the wild cards in this format should address most of the concerns, but I want to make sure we're all 100% onboard before we agree to it. Pipe up everybody.

Yes, indeed - I'll be there, and ready to stand in as a surrogate should the need arise. Max, send me a PM when you're ready to start discussing your contingency plans, and we can go from there. I'll be in attendance regardless, so even if we see Max, perhaps there's someone else who'll require a stand-in. That was a lot of fun, and successful, too...things couldn't have flowed more smoothly between Jim (Cheesesteaks) and myself. You'll all enjoy meeting him at this next Draft. He's stand-up, good people.So, with the advent of a potentially larger League, I'd like to offer the following:I've played in 16-Teamers for while, including my main $$$ Dynasty League, which is going into Season 9, and is largely comprised of original members, all who are pretty insightful when it comes to setting up League parameters. We've expanded that League from 12 to 14 to 16, and tweaked things along the way, and speaking from a vast amount of 'GroupThink' experience and much hashing and rehashing, I think the best way to organize a 16 Teamer would be to have 4 Divisions of 4 Teams each.I have a Schedule Template I'd be happy to offer as well, should you go that route.Also, with 16 Teams, we've evolved into allowing SEVEN Teams in the PlayOff Tournament. Under this format, you'd have 4 Division Winners and 3 Wild Cards.We've always felt that in a 12-Teamer, that no more than 6 should make the Playoffs, and when we went to 14, we kept it that way, but when we moved to 16, increasing the League size by 25%, it merited another Team in the Playoff Field.Get this - the 'BEST' Overall Division Winner is the #1 Overall Seed and is the ONLY TEAM that gets a 'Bye' - otherwise winning your Division only guarantees you an automatic Playoff Berth. We felt that when you started giving multiple Teams Byes, you were reducing the value.Also, we Seed the Playoff Teams by Record/PointsScored, so again, winning your Division only guarantees you a ticket to the Dance - we wanted the 'BEST' Teams to be Seeded highest, and often, there were Wild Card Teams in strong Divisions that were 'better' Teams than the winners of weak Divisions.Format as follows:Week 1: 2v7, 3v6, 4v5Week 2: 1vLowest Surviving Seed, Other 2 SeedsWeek 3: Championship GameI'd strongly urge you guys to consider these things if you're moving to 16 Teams.
I like this setup. However, as we all know (and as we relearned last year), the preeminence of divisions can lead to hurt feelings. I believe the wild cards in this format should address most of the concerns, but I want to make sure we're all 100% onboard before we agree to it. Pipe up everybody.
Pardon me for weighing in as a most interested observer. 14 is really best if you want to avoid the inevitable divisional imbalances. And it's just a great size for a league.Also consider doing this, however, no matter what size leeg or what kind of schedule we end up with: save the last playoff berth for the team with the best all-play record (Sportsline calls this "breakdown;" I'm not sure what MFL's terminology is). We're thinking about doing this in my local league this year as a way of alleviating the bad beats inherent in any kind of ff schedule.Once this is settled, btw, making up custom schedules is kind of a hobby of mine and I'll be happy to put together one for this most awesome league if you want me to.

I'm pretty much an auxilliary member of the League, I just thought I'd throw the idea out there when I checked into the Thread as I periodically do.

The most important thing I'm trying to convey is my recent thoughts about the value and exclusivity of the Playoff Bye, and how switching up to an uneven # of Playoff Teams as the League expands to 14 or 16 Teams is an idea worthy of considering by the Active Membership.

Think about it - at the end of the Season, there really only can be ONE Overall Best Team. When you have more than one Bye in the Playoffs, it 'cheapens' the Reward, IMO. Having 7 PlayOff Teams doesn't change the # of Weeks you need to run a Playoffs, since Playoff Week 1 culls the field down from 7 to 4, AND makes that Bye Week really an exclusive reward for the Overall #1 Team worthy of it.

I'm just bringing this up because it realistically appears that the League is going to be slotting in at 14 to 16 Teams, and with growth come some other things one needs to consider.

Like me bringing more food to the Draft!

Although I can roll in any direction here, and have little say as one of the newcomers to this league....I'm not a huge fan of 16 team leagues...14 provide a challenging balance.

But I'll roll with whatever...just excited to be apart of this! :lmao:

renesauz said:
Although I can roll in any direction here, and have little say as one of the newcomers to this league....I'm not a huge fan of 16 team leagues...14 provide a challenging balance.

But I'll roll with whatever...just excited to be apart of this! :)
We'll have no more talk like this. You have the same say as the rest of us: 1/16. :P (Or 1/14).

I think I'd prefer 14 teams vs. 16 teams, especially if it means we play every team in the league. Makes the schedule easier and eliminates any problem with unbalanced divisions. I like nittanylion's idea about an odd number of teams in the playoffs with only 1 team getting a bye. But I'll go with whatever the majority decides, not a big issue for me.

Also, with a bigger league will we be increasing $ we have to spend during the auction and for waivers during the season?

I'm good with 8/1. I'm good with 16 teams if we can get the commitments. I'd prefer we have rules defined sometime 1 week prior to draft to fine tune auction strategy.

Any newbies to auction process, don't fret at all. I hadn't auctioned since the mid-90's in baseball leagues and Imho did fine last year and was competitive with a strong group of owners.

I'm heading back deep inside Triangle Warroom to further strategize and plan my overthrow of "The team that won't be named"-JP....

James Beard

my 2 cents as another newbie... prefer 14 teams over 16, but am ok however it works out. johnny's 7 team playoff with one bye seems like a real good alternative.

I'm pretty much an auxilliary member of the League, I just thought I'd throw the idea out there when I checked into the Thread as I periodically do.

The most important thing I'm trying to convey is my recent thoughts about the value and exclusivity of the Playoff Bye, and how switching up to an uneven # of Playoff Teams as the League expands to 14 or 16 Teams is an idea worthy of considering by the Active Membership.

Think about it - at the end of the Season, there really only can be ONE Overall Best Team. When you have more than one Bye in the Playoffs, it 'cheapens' the Reward, IMO. Having 7 PlayOff Teams doesn't change the # of Weeks you need to run a Playoffs, since Playoff Week 1 culls the field down from 7 to 4, AND makes that Bye Week really an exclusive reward for the Overall #1 Team worthy of it.

I'm just bringing this up because it realistically appears that the League is going to be slotting in at 14 to 16 Teams, and with growth come some other things one needs to consider.

Johnny toating more grub to the party has been the best suggestion yet! :P on alittle more serious note, if you will...

when we first threw out the idea for a FBG's auction league, the idea was for us to get together and put a face on a few of the names---certainly not to have this be THE league for each of us, but moreso to get as many FBG's as possible together on a Saturday late summer and eat some of Johnie's viddles, swill a cold one or 2 and have a great time putting together a squad in auction format, using the best freakin' software in the game for such a process

14 teams was certainly a nice number, providing a perfectly balanced schedule to play---guess what, last year we didn't have it...and by the looks of things, we don't have it this year either---we have more! :D

16 teamer is easily formatted---my thoughts were 4-4 team divisions, play your own D twice and 2 other divisions once

D1 vs 2+3

D2 vs 3+4

D3 vs 4+1

D4 vs 1+2

14 game season, 6 make playoffs---2 byes to the Championship game, 2 lower D champs play 2 WC's...either record, points, or all play---we can vote on that qualifier

8 teams can play in a Scrub Bowl---best total for the 2 weeks of the playoffs wins a consolation Scrub Bowl prize (case of beer provided @the '10 draft, for example)

we could pay the 7 spots (6 playoff teams, + Scrub Bowl), pay 5 spots ommiting the loser of the Week 15 games or some other combo---w/16 teams, we have alot more lattitude w/the payouts, plus the per owner fee for the software will be alittle lower

OR...go w/Nittnay's plan, which is certainly "tried 'n true"

I'd like us to think about getting as many folks involved as possible---the more, the merrier!

grow this puppy big enough, who knows...2 leagues? :unsure:

Johnny toating more grub to the party has been the best suggestion yet! :P on alittle more serious note, if you will...

when we first threw out the idea for a FBG's auction league, the idea was for us to get together and put a face on a few of the names---certainly not to have this be THE league for each of us, but moreso to get as many FBG's as possible together on a Saturday late summer and eat some of Johnie's viddles, swill a cold one or 2 and have a great time putting together a squad in auction format, using the best freakin' software in the game for such a process

14 teams was certainly a nice number, providing a perfectly balanced schedule to play---guess what, last year we didn't have it...and by the looks of things, we don't have it this year either---we have more! :D

16 teamer is easily formatted---my thoughts were 4-4 team divisions, play your own D twice and 2 other divisions once

D1 vs 2+3

D2 vs 3+4

D3 vs 4+1

D4 vs 1+2

14 game season, 6 make playoffs---2 byes to the Championship game, 2 lower D champs play 2 WC's...either record, points, or all play---we can vote on that qualifier

8 teams can play in a Scrub Bowl---best total for the 2 weeks of the playoffs wins a consolation Scrub Bowl prize (case of beer provided @the '10 draft, for example)

we could pay the 7 spots (6 playoff teams, + Scrub Bowl), pay 5 spots ommiting the loser of the Week 15 games or some other combo---w/16 teams, we have alot more lattitude w/the payouts, plus the per owner fee for the software will be alittle lower

I'd like us to think about getting as many folks involved as possible---the more, the merrier!

grow this puppy big enough, who knows...2 leagues? :goodposting:
This is sort of my feeling as well but we've got some dissenting voices that deserve consideration. We have at least 3 members who have a definite preference for 14 teams. Where we stand is we've committed to 16 teams only if Jeff's two guests sign on. If the guests don't pan out then the remaining 14 could vote to keep it at 14 or bump it up to 16 using two alts.

Domination and I have a huge interest in attending (and participating) in this event. Please PM either one of us if there is room to either attend and/or join in.

Domination and I have a huge interest in attending (and participating) in this event. Please PM either one of us if there is room to either attend and/or join in.
Fear The Turtle is the host-with-the-most...he'll have to gather the head count and let us know if we can handle some spectators :lmao: How cool is it that guys want to come and watch! :)

ravnzfan said:
Ruffrodys05 said:
Fear The Turtle is the host-with-the-most...he'll have to gather the head count and let us know if we can handle some spectators :eek: How cool is it that guys want to come and watch! :thumbup:
Our desire to attend has just a little more to do with our interest in meeting and partying with a bunch of you guys than watching, but yeah, we've never been involved in an auction and would like to see how it is pulled-off "live." We've been mock drafting with most of you guys here on the message board for a few years and we are fairly close by. Probably take a little over an hour and a half to drive there. Still, if Pasquino's boys can't come through for you all, we'll be more than happy to jump into the fun.Rody

ravnzfan said:
Ruffrodys05 said:
Fear The Turtle is the host-with-the-most...he'll have to gather the head count and let us know if we can handle some spectators :eek: How cool is it that guys want to come and watch! :confused:
Our desire to attend has just a little more to do with our interest in meeting and partying with a bunch of you guys than watching, but yeah, we've never been involved in an auction and would like to see how it is pulled-off "live." We've been mock drafting with most of you guys here on the message board for a few years and we are fairly close by. Probably take a little over an hour and a half to drive there. Still, if Pasquino's boys can't come through for you all, we'll be more than happy to jump into the fun.Rody
not sure if you know the history of this little venture or not Ruffroddy...roadkill has some really nice auction software and was looking for a local league to help share in the expense---our effort to put this together goes back to '07

a bunch of us thought it would be a great way to get together, have an auction and help a fellow FBG's league advance the cause w/some nice equipment---sure beats the big board w/player name stickers and keeping track of everyone's money by hand

my trying to get my country club as a drafting place fell thru 2 yrs ago (new Banquet Mgr didn't have our info and rented the damn facility out :hot: ), enter Fear the Turtle and his brothers place as our "war room" last summer!

once you guys see this in action, you won't want to run an auction any other way...

...and from what I gather, roadkill wants little more that a sammy and a couple cold :banned: to set up the next "local" league that wants in on the action!

(joking--better check w/him on that!)

D1 vs 2+3

D2 vs 3+4

D3 vs 4+1

D4 vs 1+2

grow this puppy big enough, who knows...2 leagues? :unsure:
This is sort of my feeling as well but we've got some dissenting voices that deserve consideration. We have at least 3 members who have a definite preference for 14 teams. Where we stand is we've committed to 16 teams only if Jeff's two guests sign on. If the guests don't pan out then the remaining 14 could vote to keep it at 14 or bump it up to 16 using two alts.
:excited: This is more then a good point...and I revise my original opinion. I would love to meet as many guys as possible...Jeff, Raven, Rodys, and others. That's a much bigger point then size.

I notice that we have a growing number of FFA posters in the league. Maybe we can get up a rousing argument on national health care or tax rates during food breaks. I'll be on whatever side you need me to be to jumpstart the debates. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread