What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG's Week 1 projections comments (1 Viewer)

elshagon

Footballguy
I thought I'd start a thread regarding the early week 1 projections which are now live. Remember, while the board is free, the content is pay so don't give away too much info. I'll start it off with one observation:

Drew Brees: Does anyone else think this game could turn into a shootout. If it does I think Brees could be ranked a little higher than he is right now.

More to come.

I thought I'd start a thread regarding the early week 1 projections which are now live. Remember, while the board is free, the content is pay so don't give away too much info. I'll start it off with one observation:

Drew Brees: Does anyone else think this game could turn into a shootout. If it does I think Brees could be ranked a little higher than he is right now.

More to come.
I struggled with the projections for Brees. He is on his A-game right now even without healthy receivers. But the Colts are horrible against the run and the Saints have two excellent backs. So although a shootout is certainly possible, I suspect that the Saints will try and run the ball all night. That's what the projections reflect. A heavy dose of both McAllister and Bush.

More to come.
I struggled with the projections for Brees. He is on his A-game right now even without healthy receivers. But the Colts are horrible against the run and the Saints have two excellent backs. So although a shootout is certainly possible, I suspect that the Saints will try and run the ball all night. That's what the projections reflect. A heavy dose of both McAllister and Bush.
I was under the impression that Henderson and Colston were fine with Copper behind them. Who is injured?

More to come.
I was under the impression that Henderson and Colston were fine with Copper behind them. Who is injured?
Brees played the entire preseason without Henderson and Colston, who were nursing injuries. So my comment is that Brees has looked sharp even with the 2nd string in at WR. So I agree that the Saints could come slinging the ball. But I also know they will be able to run the ball against a very week Indianapolis run defense.

I guess I'll be waiting for the tweaks. have a tough decision at rb2 A Peterson, C Taylor, M Lynch, B Jackson, M Barber and honestly I had Taylor pretty much last on the list. You have him first :unsure:

Gonna do some research this week, you really think Taylor gets more carries than Peterson in that game??

I was gonna roll the dics and throw Peterson in there

The order of the IDP projections for LB'ers is hard to navigate. Poppinga is at the top and isn't ordered by tackles.

More to come.
Brees played the entire preseason without Henderson and Colston, who were nursing injuries. So my comment is that Brees has looked sharp even with the 2nd string in at WR. So I agree that the Saints could come slinging the ball. But I also know they will be able to run the ball against a very week Indianapolis run defense.
The same "week" Indianapolis run defense that held opponents to 81 ypg during the playoffs? Indy's run D is pretty stout as long as Bob Sanders is in the mix.

I think Brees will have to throw the ball down field successfully to compete with the Colts.

Users who are viewing this thread