What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Felix Jones Likely Out At Least Two Weeks (1 Viewer)

TheBradyBunch

Footballguy
truebluefanclub.com

Felix Jones Likely Out Couple Of Weeks

Posted by mickshot at 10/13/2008 12:18 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

So you thought bad just got worse with Tony Romo now out likely a month with a non-displaced fracture of his right little finger. Well, it's really worse that that. Cowboys rookie running back Felix Jones is getting an MRI on the strained hamstring he suffered in the 30-24 loss to the Arizona Cardinals, but from preliminary indications he will be out at least two weeks.

Jones suffered the left hamstring strain on his 14-yard gain on second-and-six at the Arizona 49. Jones left the game at that point, never to return, His run spearheaded the Cowboys' touchdown drive, giving them a brief 14-7 lead the Cardinals wiped out on the ensuing possession. Jones finished the game with three carries for 22 yards, and without him on the field the Cowboys never again threatened the aggressive Cardinals defense in the running game.

So not only will backup quarterbacks Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger has to step up, but so will rookie running back Tashard Choice.

- Mickey Spagnola

With Brad Johnson at the helm and Jones out Barber get's a good bump especially with dump passes to him.

On a side note wondering if this could be the same prognosis for Addai and his Hammy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not good news for the cowgirls. If I were an opposing d-coordinator I would sell out to stop the running game in Dallas and make BJ beat you.

Not good news for the cowgirls. If I were an opposing d-coordinator I would sell out to stop the running game in Dallas and make BJ beat you.
Heh. Opposing Defensive coordinators might just be planning on how to blitz Johnson until he breaks, and then watch Brooks Boolinger try to play.

Thats pretty much what teams have been doing the past couple of weeks already.

Switz lost his #1 and #2 RB's yesterday, lucky you were so high in Roddy White, he may save your season. :shrug:

Barber is in for a huge workload without Romo and Jones. I can also see Witten catching 15 balls a week. How far away are we from a huge TO locker room blowup?

Last edited by a moderator:
Switz lost his #1 and #2 RB's yesterday, lucky you were so high in Roddy White, he may save your season. :lmao: Barber is in for a huge workload without Romo and Jones. I can also see Witten catching 15 balls a week. How far away are we from a huge TO locker room blowup?
Well as a Witten owner I hope you're right, but isn't that counter-intuitive without Romo?

Playaction and screens to offset this. We'll see how this goes - hoping Johnson can keep Ds somewhat honest.

Hopefully this is not too serious. I don't think it is in anyone's best [FF] interest for Felix Jones to miss time. Especially with Romo out.

Switz lost his #1 and #2 RB's yesterday, lucky you were so high in Roddy White, he may save your season. ;) Barber is in for a huge workload without Romo and Jones. I can also see Witten catching 15 balls a week. How far away are we from a huge TO locker room blowup?
Well as a Witten owner I hope you're right, but isn't that counter-intuitive without Romo?
I know Romo loves Witten, but i cant see Johnson throwing deep very often, and Witten should benefit from alot of short passing. I could see Wittens YPC suffering a bit though.

Lots of dynamics at play here, but in the end, not sure this will raise or lower any particular player's value drastically. I do believe TO will catch more pases, thus, possibly helping him in PPR leagues.

One thing, tho...Romo will essentially miss just 3 games with their bye in week 10. In fact, without the bye, I don't think he would've missed 4 weeks.

Eddie Werder claims it's a slight tear, not a strain.
Where is Warriors Forever when you need him. I know I completely tore my hamstring but was just short of it detaching from the bone (which would have required surgery). I was under the assumption that a strain was basically a slight tear, just semantics. Then again, it seems if it was a slight tear, that could be worse than a strain, medically speaking. Anyway, paging WF....

I would be surprised is Jones is the same all year... hammys are tough to get right once u tear one.... see Isaac Bruce in the early years

Users who are viewing this thread