What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FF Rookie Drafts just started looking less sexy (1 Viewer)

Bizkiteer

Footballguy
Did you hear the air coming out of the tires of all those high 1st round rookie drafts? Talk about bad situations for quick fixes, huh?

1. Bush to NO (Duece McAllister)

2. Maroney to NE (C. Dillon)

3. Addai (maybe Rhodes some)

4. D. WIlliams (Foster)

5. L. WHite (Brown & Henry)

The top of every rookie draft should be interesting. Only one QB should start right away too (V. Young).

1. V. Young

2. Leinart (Warner)

3. Cutler (Plummer)

WR's might not be as bad, but are they real quality? Looks like the value of those 1st rounders dropped in many ways.

I don't think so. It's a dynasty so technically you should be looking out further than just this year. Bush, Williams and Maroney are all in good situations come 2007.

Did you hear the air coming out of the tires of all those high 1st round rookie drafts? Talk about bad situations for quick fixes, huh?

4. D. WIlliams (Foster)

The top of every rookie draft should be interesting. Only one QB should start right away too (V. Young).

1. V. Young

2. Leinart (Warner)

3. Cutler (Plummer)

WR's might not be as bad, but are they real quality? Looks like the value of those 1st rounders dropped in many ways.
I think you need to include Davis and Lewis above 2 and 3

Top 8?

Hmmmm.....

1. Bush

2. Maroney

3. Addai

4. Vince Young

5. D. Williams

6. V. Davis

7. L. White

8. M. Leinart

Regarding the RBs:

It's just like last year with Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, Cedric Benson, and JJ Arrington. No true "must have" situation.

Lots of initial appearances of RBBC.

Owners just need to take the one that takes their fancy when their pick comes up.

Regarding the RBs:

It's just like last year with Ronnie Brown, Carnell Williams, Cedric Benson, and JJ Arrington. No true "must have" situation.

Owners just need to take the one that takes their fancy when their pick comes up.
I agree, but most that are sitting with their 1.01 - 1.03 are hoping for a sure fire starter. This has to be a let down to a degree because Addai might be the only one, if that. Granted, I see Duece getting traded after a year, just like what was done when Duece was drafted and Ricky was the starter.

Leinart got dropped into a good situation. He has awesome weapons to work with. If that OL gets better he will be gold. I'd take him top 3 in a dynasty rookie draft.

Picks 1.01 to 1.03 lost value, but I think picks 1.04 to 1.08 were helped a lot. Think about it:

Addai - He would've been a yawner pick if the Jets or Jags had taken him, but he's now going to look very appealing to teams looking for instant impact.

Leinart - He went to the best situation possible and is now very appealing for teams with long term QB issues.

Davis - This was expected, but he lands in San Francisco as the probable #1 target in the passing game.

Young - The Titans clearly have a lot of faith in his skills. He should be starting in 2007.

Holmes - I personally don't think he's worth a top ten rookie pick, but he figures to make an early impact for Pittsburgh. He should start from day one and he should lead all rookies in receiving yards.

Not bad.

Regarding the RBs:

Last year was really an exception. This is really a more normal situation where you either have a RRBC, waitng for an injury, or looking for father time and/or huge contract dollars to kick in.

1.01 is fine IMO. Picks 1.02 and 1.03 definitely lost some value whereas picks 1.04-1.07 gained some great value (1.04 and 1.05 because the RB situations there aren't much different from 1.02 and 1.03, and 1.06 and 1.07 because Leinart and Davis ended up in good situations).

If only the Colts would've ponied up and moved up a couple spots for DWill. For as little as probably a 4th rounder they could've improved their RB situation 10-fold.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.01 is fine IMO. Picks 1.02 and 1.03 definitely lost some value whereas picks 1.04-1.07 gained some great value (1.04 and 1.05 because the RB situations there aren't much different from 1.02 and 1.03, and 1.06 and 1.07 because Leinart and Davis ended up in good situations).

If only the Colts would've ponied up and moved up a couple spots for DWill. For as little as probably a 4th rounder they could've improved their RB situation 10-fold.
The only thing is the Colts don't have a 4th rounder. Nor a 7th rounder. They have only 6 picks and one is a comp pick (an extra 6th and it can't be traded). I like the pick. Addai is the best fit for the Colts.

Did you hear the air coming out of the tires of all those high 1st round rookie drafts?  Talk about bad situations for quick fixes, huh?

4. D. WIlliams (Foster)

The top of every rookie draft should be interesting.  Only one QB should start right away too (V. Young).

1. V. Young

2. Leinart (Warner)

3. Cutler (Plummer)

WR's might not be as bad, but are they real quality?  Looks like the value of those 1st rounders dropped in many ways.
:lmao: Vince Young probably wont start for the next 2 years, IMO. He is the least likely to be successful early out of the top 3 drafted that is just a given.

Tenessee knows they opted for 2-3 years down the road, I just assumed everyone realizes that. They wanted a guy to start NOW, they would of went after Leinart who would of walked right on the field and been successful considering he knows that offense very well.

Give Young a few years, he has a good chance of being another Steve McNair. Throwing him into the pit now might ruin his career.

I also give Leainart the best chance to be rookie of the year. None of the offensive rookies went into slam dunk situations...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so. It's a dynasty so technically you should be looking out further than just this year. Bush, Williams and Maroney are all in good situations come 2007.
As could LenDale White be. Henry is due a 4M roster bonus next year and this is Chris Brown's last year of his contract.

Did you hear the air coming out of the tires of all those high 1st round rookie drafts?  Talk about bad situations for quick fixes, huh?

4. D. WIlliams (Foster)

The top of every rookie draft should be interesting.  Only one QB should start right away too (V. Young).

1. V. Young

2. Leinart (Warner)

3. Cutler (Plummer)

WR's might not be as bad, but are they real quality?  Looks like the value of those 1st rounders dropped in many ways.
:lmao: Vince Young probably wont start for the next 2 years, IMO. He is the least likely to be successful early out of the top 3 drafted that is just a given.

Tenessee knows they opted for 2-3 years down the road, I just assumed everyone realizes that. They wanted a guy to start NOW, they would of went after Leinart who would of walked right on the field and been successful considering he knows that offense very well.

Give Young a few years, he has a good chance of being another Steve McNair. Throwing him into the pit now might ruin his career.

I also give Leainart the best chance to be rookie of the year. None of the offensive rookies went into slam dunk situations...
Agree here too. Warner hasn't played a full season since 2001. Leinart will be starting at some point this year.

Users who are viewing this thread