What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA 13-14 English Premier League Fantasy Football League (1 Viewer)

Ah, well if you need someone to make this work to 14 teams or something I'd do it. Entry fee needs to be bumped up :)

Otherwise I'll just heckle from the peanut gallery

I vote to up the fee as well. We'd all pay a little more attention with some extra scratch on the line.

The Fantrax rules are a lot more flexible than the FPL rules we played under in the past. I'm proposing the following as a strawman.

Active roster size: GK, DEFx4, MIDx4, FWDx3

Bench size: 5 (no position restrictions)

Scoring: As close as possible to the FPL rules we've used in the past except for the bonus points. I will post exact point structure before the draft

Captains: I can't tell if Fantrax even allows double point for captains. But I'm not a fan of it in this format

Draft: 17 round snake with the final round a scheduled free for all.

Eligibility: Anybody in the universe is eligible to be picked in the initial draft. Only players already in the Fantrax database are eligible to be claimed during the season. No clones.

Waivers: All players will be subject to waivers with rotating wire priority. Two weekly waiver runs on Thursday and Friday mornings beginning in Game Week #2. No first come/first served FAs ever.

Are we dealing with a salary cap? If so, that will have a big bearing on the number of players drafted.

How about rights to drafted players? Are we sticking with the they're yours for the duration or do they go into the FA pot if we drop them?

With roster sizes that large dropped players should go into the FA pot, much easier that way.

Are we dealing with a salary cap? If so, that will have a big bearing on the number of players drafted.

How about rights to drafted players? Are we sticking with the they're yours for the duration or do they go into the FA pot if we drop them?
No salary cap if we use Fantrax. No long term draft rights; they're only yours as long as you've rostered them.

With roster sizes that large dropped players should go into the FA pot, much easier that way.
Easier but arguably not as fair. I think FCFS works best in a sport with games every day.

How about one mid-week waivers cycle with open FCFS from then until gametime Saturday? (assuming Fantrax supports it)

Easier but arguably not as fair. I think FCFS works best in a sport with games every day.How about one mid-week waivers cycle with open FCFS from then until gametime Saturday? (assuming Fantrax supports it)
I was just responding to Christo's draft rights question, I have no problem with what you outlined in your post (waivers only, no FCFS).

Easier but arguably not as fair. I think FCFS works best in a sport with games every day.

How about one mid-week waivers cycle with open FCFS from then until gametime Saturday? (assuming Fantrax supports it)
Definitely for me. Especially when it gets hard to keep up and you forget to submit a waiver, it gives you a chance to make moves afterward.

Also in favor of variable formations as you suggested above.

This sounds MUCH better than how it went last year, especially with the elimination of clones.

Finally, while I don't mind a partner and it would probably help out, I'm definitely in regardless, especially with these changes. I don't mind accepting one later if someone comes in late and wants in.

Updated:

IN

eephus

Jonessed

50orBust

Bonzaii

Sebowski/GPJ

Christo

Native

Gator

Azgroover

Moe

Ominous Johnson

Gianmarco

LOOKING FOR PARTNERS

AcerFC

:shrug:

Newly Retired

Charvik

TRE

TU

Jmon

guru_007 (want to play for PSG money)

We're currently at twelve. Fourteen would be better but we can start Monday regardless with who we got. I'll PM some of the MIA owners from last year and dig deeper into Fantrax so we can decide on final scoring rules before we start rolling.

Fantrax allows scoring to be pretty close to what we've used on FPL in the past

POINTS AWARDED
For starting a game 1
For appearing in a game 1

For each goal scored by a goalkeeper or defender 6
For each goal scored by a midfielder 5
For each goal scored by a forward 4
For each goal assist 3
For a clean sheet by a goalkeeper or defender 4
For a clean sheet by a midfielder 1
For every shot saved by a goalkeeper 0.33

For every goal conceded by a goalkeeper or defender -0.5
For each yellow card -1
For each red card -3
For each own goal -2

Changes from last year are bolded. Fantrax doesn't care if a player clocked 60 min or not but this seems pretty close. A starter will get 2 points and a sub 1.

FPL didn't do fractional points for saves and goals conceded.

Penalties missed and saved aren't a scoring category. Neither are the FPL bonus points. Fantrax supports some other screwy categories (crosses, fouls, handballs) but they seem like they'd make scoring more random than it already is.

We're rolling: go to http://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/, roll one d1000 one time with no adjustments. Send rolls to wisruthroll@gmail.com with a cc to yourself. if anybody submits multiple roll sets, the first one will count. _Highest_ roll drafts first.

12 team league is set:

eephus
Jonessed
50orBust
Bonzaii
Sebowski/GPJ
Christo
Native
Gator
Azgroover
Moe
Ominous Johnson
Gianmarco/Ramsey Hunt

If two more teams want in before end of round 1, they can jump on the tail of the snake.

Draft will go 18 rounds. Weekly position requirements are (1) GK, (3-5) DEF, (3-5) MID and (2-3) FWD for a total of 11 weekly starters. The 7 bench players can be any position as long as you can start a team that meets legal position minimums.

You can draft anybody whether they're in the database or not. If they don't transfer into the EPL, you're stuck with them at least until game week 2.

Eephus, did I do that right? I'm a little slow wif teh dice.

ETA:

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for GPJ@gmail.com

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1
Die rolls: 1000
Roll subtotal: 1000
Roll total: 1000

Last edited by a moderator:
Eephus, did I do that right? I'm a little slow wif teh dice.
Never play cards with a guy who calls himself Judge

:rolleyes:

--- verified message begins here ---

RPG Library Secure Dice generated the following rolls for REDACTED

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 1000

Roll subtotal: 1000

Roll total: 1000

--

Dice rolls generated by RPG Library Secure Dice

http://www.rpglibrary.org/software/securedice/

--- verified message ends here ---

Roll ID: 198434

MD5 checksum: a48650afe1200ffe00480d049c1910bb

Eeph, did you get my roll? It's not showing up in my inbox.

Apropros of nothing, Gervinho's in the Fantrax database, right?
Do you score points for exposed forehead?
I've always used "gervinho" as my search term whenever I wanted to bump the league thread. Good to know I don't have to change that this year.
It's also my safe word.
My wife says "Dani Alves" when she needs me to slow down.

Users who are viewing this thread