What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New Not Tim League fantasy football league thread*** (2 Viewers)

I mean......has ANYONE ever lost by less....?  .02 points.  :gunshot: 

DERRICK HENRY. NOW.

Tony

4 - 2 - 0 | 5th

vs.

Cheese

Nate

5 - 1 - 0 | 1st

I mean......has ANYONE ever lost by less....?  .02 points.  :gunshot: 

DERRICK HENRY. NOW.

Tony

4 - 2 - 0 | 5th

vs.

Cheese

Nate

5 - 1 - 0 | 1st
Wooow.  Yahoo did a stat correction, gave Diggs one more yard.  1/10th of a point more for me....and the win.  Cheese must be thrilled.   :unsure:

Wooow.  Yahoo did a stat correction, gave Diggs one more yard.  1/10th of a point more for me....and the win.  Cheese must be thrilled.   :unsure:
I almost posted a couple days ago that with it being that close a stat correction could flip it.  It is more common in IDP leagues where a defensive player may be giving a credit for half a sack or something.  I have seen shuttle passes being originally scored as a run then changed to a pass.  i have never noticed a stat change on a yard.   

Em gave D Hopkins and Mark Andrews to get OBJ, Sammy Watkins and Kyle Rudolph.
Somewhat questionable, but not crazy.  If Rudolp was having a better year, you could make a case for it.  Hopkins is elite so it is difficult.  You would have to believe that OBJ or Watkins to be on a verge of a breakout. 

Somewhat questionable, but not crazy.  If Rudolp was having a better year, you could make a case for it.  Hopkins is elite so it is difficult.  You would have to believe that OBJ or Watkins to be on a verge of a breakout. 
I'm not suggesting a veto or anything, but that makes no sense.  

Hopkins is the #7 WR , OBJ is #29 Watkins is #32.  Watkins has not done anything at all except for that one week.   I'd love to hear why anyone thinks it's going to get better for OBJ, but of course it might.  Can't get much worse.  

Andrews is the #5 TE. Rudolph is #31.  That's barely rosterable in a 16 team league.  

He tries to ruin the draft every year, now he's trying to screw up the league.   

It absolutey was not crazy.   He originally offered me Hopkins for Watkins--which of course is a tanking offer. No way I'd take that deal as it is not fair to the league so I offered him a deal where both teams were giving up solid components.   

In all of my other fantasy leagues--I've actually been targeting Odell to acquire via trade. Look at the Browns remaining schedule. Their schedule was brutal to start the season---but it softens up massively to end the season.  If I was to let Odell go at a point in the season where I feel like he's going to take off--I'll only sell him high--and I want to solve my TE issue that I've been battling all year.  I also feel like if I didn't have Watkins--he's a guy that I'd be targeting to acquire on the downlow. I like the deal for me---but I absolutey do not consider it egregious. I gave up some nice parts.  

It absolutey was not crazy.   He originally offered me Hopkins for Watkins--which of course is a tanking offer. No way I'd take that deal as it is not fair to the league so I offered him a deal where both teams were giving up solid components.   

In all of my other fantasy leagues--I've actually been targeting Odell to acquire via trade. Look at the Browns remaining schedule. Their schedule was brutal to start the season---but it softens up massively to end the season.  If I was to let Odell go at a point in the season where I feel like he's going to take off--I'll only sell him high--and I want to solve my TE issue that I've been battling all year.  I also feel like if I didn't have Watkins--he's a guy that I'd be targeting to acquire on the downlow. I like the deal for me---but I absolutey do not consider it egregious. I gave up some nice parts.  
Like I said, I'm not suggesting a veto, but it was a horrible deal for em.  You said it right there that he offered Hopkins for Watkins.  He's literally just trying to piss people off.  It's what he does.  Congrats to you though.

Like I said, I'm not suggesting a veto, but it was a horrible deal for em.  You said it right there that he offered Hopkins for Watkins.  He's literally just trying to piss people off.  It's what he does.  Congrats to you though.
Totally understood. I agree that I like the deal for me--but I just wanted to be completely up front and honest about how the deal transpired.  The league deserves transparency and I just wanted to provide that on my end--as I enjoy this league.  I did try my best to create a package where both teams received talented guys with upside--and I think that deal did accomplish that.   But yes--I do like what I received better--but with my fantasy luck--Hopkins will get injured on the first snap and Odell will probably go for 120 and 2 tds in his next game.  (Flappy is teaching me how to be negative if you haven't noticed).  

Totally understood. I agree that I like the deal for me--but I just wanted to be completely up front and honest about how the deal transpired.  The league deserves transparency and I just wanted to provide that on my end--as I enjoy this league.  I did try my best to create a package where both teams received talented guys with upside--and I think that deal did accomplish that.   But yes--I do like what I received better--but with my fantasy luck--Hopkins will get injured on the first snap and Odell will probably go for 120 and 2 tds in his next game.  (Flappy is teaching me how to be negative if you haven't noticed).  
We appreciate you made the deal more palatable.  Based on first half of the season, you clearly upgraded two positions and maybe cost yourself some depth at WR.  But anything can happen, and OBJ is a talent who could go on a tear.    

I would have snatched that deal up, so I don't think you dd anything wrong.  I appreciate your efforts to make it more fair than he originally intended.  But barring injury, how does this help him?  OBJ might get much better, but maybe gets into Hopkins territory at best?  Andrews is one of the most valuable assets in the league.  If I had Watkins and Rudolph, I would have cut them for something else by now.  

Anyway, it's all good.  Just wanted to point out Em's BS.  not trying to give you a hard time.  I really hope we don't let him in the league next year.

I would have snatched that deal up, so I don't think you dd anything wrong.  I appreciate your efforts to make it more fair than he originally intended.  But barring injury, how does this help him?  OBJ might get much better, but maybe gets into Hopkins territory at best?  Andrews is one of the most valuable assets in the league.  If I had Watkins and Rudolph, I would have cut them for something else by now.  

Anyway, it's all good.  Just wanted to point out Em's BS.  not trying to give you a hard time.  I really hope we don't let him in the league next year.
You shouldn't have skipped me and this wouldn't have happened. I'm not apologizing for accepting an offer somebody made me. My team wouldn't be 1-7 if you guys didn't SKIP ME the first day of the draft when the clock was off. I should have Derrick Henry, instead I have AJ Green who still hasn't played a snap.

If you're upset with me for accepting an offer that your leaguemate made to me but not mad that I was skipped 3 TIMES after the clock was stopped. You need to check your bias. I am human being who deserves empathy.

Last edited by a moderator:
FULL DISCLOSURE:

I will accept any offer that is made to me. If you don't want your leaguemates to get mad, be reasonable about what you offer me.  I will accept anything. I care as much about this league as you guys cared about me getting skipped 3 times on the first day of the draft after the clock was off.

But of course, you guys only care about "fairness" when it impacts you.

You shouldn't have skipped me and this wouldn't have happened. I'm not apologizing for accepting an offer somebody made me. My team wouldn't be 1-7 if you guys didn't SKIP ME the first day of the draft when the clock was off. I should have Derrick Henry, instead I have AJ Green who still hasn't played a snap.

If you're upset with me for accepting an offer that your leaguemate made to me but not mad that I was skipped 3 TIMES after the clock was stopped. You need to check your bias. I am human being who deserves empathy.
See?  This is what he does.  He let his time run out on purpose so he could throw his little fit during the draft.  Done it 2 years in a row now.  He was on the board minutes before he timed out.  Now that his team is terrible,yet again, he's gonna try and get more attention by trying to ruin the league.   I hope we can all agree to not trade with him any more and when he inevitably tries to dump his rosters we should agree not to pick any of his players up.   

Other people were skipped during the draft and they didn't care because we all knew the rules. 

See?  This is what he does.  He let his time run out on purpose so he could throw his little fit during the draft.  Done it 2 years in a row now.  He was on the board minutes before he timed out.  Now that his team is terrible,yet again, he's gonna try and get more attention by trying to ruin the league.   I hope we can all agree to not trade with him any more and when he inevitably tries to dump his rosters we should agree not to pick any of his players up.   

Other people were skipped during the draft and they didn't care because we all knew the rules. 
Are you kidding me right now? I didn’t spend $100 to get skipped on purpose and go on a 45 minute CAPS LOCK spree. I have better things to do with my time. I wanted to compete. 

That’s literally insane you even suggested that. Yeah, I strategically waited for my clock to run out on day 1 so I could get skipped by 3 more people after the clock was off.

All according to my plan.

I was not on minutes before I timed out. On my life and the life of my parents, if I was available to draft I would have taken DERRICK HENRY.

I can’t stand people like you @psychobillies. I’m the victim here and you’re acting like I’m some kind of crazy sociopath. To the point where now you’re literally making stuff up.

Get a life. None of this is my fault. I was skipped on day 1 after the clock was off because the majority of you are awful people.

You essentially stole $100 from me. But somehow this is part of my master plan? Are you nuts? I have better things to do than troll a fantasy football league...

THE RULES SAY I CAN TRADE WHOEVER I WANT TO WHATEVER TEAM I WANT.

Or are you a hypocrite too? You only care about the rules when it favors your argument. I paid $100 I can manage my team however I want.

If you’re fine with me being skipped, then you’re fine with me managing my team how I want. You can’t have it both ways Mr. Libertarian. Both are bull#### but you only care when it impacts your team. Funny how that works.

Either it’s all fair or none of it is. 

FULL DISCLOSURE:

I will accept any offer that is made to me. If you don't want your leaguemates to get mad, be reasonable about what you offer me.  I will accept anything. I care as much about this league as you guys cared about me getting skipped 3 times on the first day of the draft after the clock was off.

But of course, you guys only care about "fairness" when it impacts you.
Do not go along with this. Any trade made that's ridiculous will be reversed. These are the basic rules of any fantasy league. 

Any normal fantasy trade is fine.  Can't go giving away your team for garbage that doesn't make sense. You know this
All I did was accept a trade somebody else offered me.

I did send some crazy offers last night after a bad beat that I immediately revoked. I almost dropped my entire team too.

But I want to get invited back next year so I reserved myself from doing anything crazy. You’re welcome.

Also, you guys realize I’m the one who spent hours building and updating the draft spreadsheet from scratch, right?

Why would I do that if my intent was to intentionally get skipped? Ridiculously long con with no payout.

All I did was accept a trade somebody else offered me.

I did send some crazy offers last night after a bad beat that I immediately revoked. I almost dropped my entire team too.

But I want to get invited back next year so I reserved myself from doing anything crazy. You’re welcome.
I'm not pointing blame, but I just saw the trade and it's terribly lopsided and does absolutely nothing to help your team. Didn't even know there was a trade. I'll consult the other league members privately and reach a consensus. 

Zero shot that he didn't do all of this on purpose.  He just admitted to making this trade for revenge.   I enjoy the league and appreciate the time flap puts into it.  I'm fine w whatever he does.  

Em has done this qt least 2 years in a row 

Zero shot that he didn't do all of this on purpose.  He just admitted to making this trade for revenge.   I enjoy the league and appreciate the time flap puts into it.  I'm fine w whatever he does.  

Em has done this qt least 2 years in a row 
Listen man. I didn’t spend $100 and hours of my time building and updating a draft spreadsheet to get intentionally skipped so I could yell at anyone.

If I wanted to manufacture drama, I am well capable of doing so without wasting $100 and days of my life.

Believe what you want. It’s America and you’re entitled to your wrong opinion.

I'm not pointing blame, but I just saw the trade and it's terribly lopsided and does absolutely nothing to help your team. Didn't even know there was a trade. I'll consult the other league members privately and reach a consensus. 
That’s fine. Do what you want. My team lost the moment I got skipped and bullied into taking AJ Green instead of Derrick Henry.

None of this impacts me whatsoever going forward. Do what’s right for the league.

That’s fine. Do what you want. My team lost the moment I got skipped and bullied into taking AJ Green instead of Derrick Henry.

None of this impacts me whatsoever going forward. Do what’s right for the league.
That's what I'm saying. Your team has no shot at playoffs and you made a lopsided trade in favor of a contender when you had nothing to gain. I realize he sent the offer but you also asked for it and gave away a top 10 wr for practically nothing and also a downgrade at TE. This is a pretty basic no-no in fantasy football.  Teams with no shot at the playoffs shouldn't be making trades, especially not lopsided ones in favor of a contender. 

That's what I'm saying. Your team has no shot at playoffs and you made a lopsided trade in favor of a contender when you had nothing to gain. I realize he sent the offer but you also asked for it and gave away a top 10 wr for practically nothing and also a downgrade at TE. This is a pretty basic no-no in fantasy football.  Teams with no shot at the playoffs shouldn't be making trades, especially not lopsided ones in favor of a contender. 
For what it is worth--I will absolutely volunteer to undo the trade that was made.   My honest intention was to take a situation where I got offered a player dumping deal and make it into something decently palatable in the world of fantast football.  I've seen more lopsided deals done in fantasy leagues amongst two contending teams. 

While I agree that I like my side of the deal better--I do firmly believe that no matter what the records are--that a legit non-vetoable package was offered and accepted.   With that said--I do not want to come across as trying to throw off the competitive balance of the league.  That's not the kind of person that I am--and if that deal ruffled any feathers--I am totally cool and good if the rest of the league and @flapgreen prefer to undo it.   

Then fix it, commish. No argument here. I think what I’ve done is as bush league as getting skipped 3 TIMES ON DAY 1 OF THE DRAFT AFTER THE CLOCK WAS TURNED OFF.

Funny how everyone suddenly cares about fairness when it impacts their team.

Like, the first skip I get. But we had weeks to draft. No reason to skip someone off the clock.

Also, where’s all the lectures for @jvdesigns2002. He’s the one who offered the trade. It was his brainchild.

I’m getting a lecture about accepting a trade. But nobody cares about the guy who offered it. Bias. Be better.

It took two to tango. He knew what he was doing.

Also, where’s all the lectures for @jvdesigns2002.

Again, I’m getting this lecture about accepting a trade. But nobody cares about the guy who offered it. Bias. Be better.

It took two to tango. He knew what he was doing.
Lectures for me?  I've been completely transparent and civil about this entire situation.   I'm not sure what you are getting at.  I've been cool to you as well as the rest of the league.  Your original offer to me was bush league.  I ignored your offer and came back with something that is at least reasonable in the world of fantasy.    Please refrain from trying to throw me under the bus that you created. 

Lectures for me?  I've been completely transparent and civil about this entire situation.   I'm not sure what you are getting at.  I've been cool to you as well as the rest of the league.  Your original offer to me was bush league.  I ignored your offer and came back with something that is at least reasonable in the world of fantasy.    Please refrain from trying to throw me under the bus that you created. 
You offered me a trade that I accepted. Yet everyone is berating me like this is 100% my fault? All I did was press accept.

If the trade was unethical, the person who crafted it made it unethical. That’s all.

I’m not asking anything from you. We’re all good, homie. But for everyone else to be directly hurling insults at me but you coming off unscathed is laughable.

That’s all I’m saying man. I think the trade was palatable, as you said. I’m just saying it’s dumb for me to be getting so much flack but nobody wants to hold you accountable.

If it’s shame on me, it should be shame on you too. If it’s shame on neither of us, I’ll take that too.

But I’m not owning 100% of this. We did this together.

You offered me the trade. But yes, this is 100% my fault.

Apparently I logged into your team and sent the offer. Did I have a gun to your head?

If one of your son’s friends convinced him to steal from the collection plate at church, would you force your son to take the responsibility? Or just blame the kid who gave him the idea?

We are all responsible for our own actions.

For what it is worth--I will absolutely volunteer to undo the trade that was made.   My honest intention was to take a situation where I got offered a player dumping deal and make it into something decently palatable in the world of fantast football.  I've seen more lopsided deals done in fantasy leagues amongst two contending teams. 

While I agree that I like my side of the deal better--I do firmly believe that no matter what the records are--that a legit non-vetoable package was offered and accepted.   With that said--I do not want to come across as trying to throw off the competitive balance of the league.  That's not the kind of person that I am--and if that deal ruffled any feathers--I am totally cool and good if the rest of the league and @flapgreen prefer to undo it.   
I'll take a vote from the league. I will not vote. That's the fairest way I can think to do it. That leaves 13 teams voting on what to do. 

If one of your son’s friends convinced him to steal from the collection plate at church, would you force your son to take the responsibility? Or just blame the kid who gave him the idea?

We are all responsible for our own actions.
I offered you a reasonable and palatable trade in the world of fantasy sports.  You chose to accept that trade.   Don't compare what I offered you --to what you offered me and probably offered to other owners in the league.  They are not parallel situations at all.  Let's not derail this thread and let's let the league and @flapgreen decide if they prefer the trade stand or if they want to retract it.   

I'll take a vote from the league. I will not vote. That's the fairest way I can think to do it. That leaves 13 teams voting on what to do. 
I think you should vote as well.  You are as much an owner in the league as anybody else is.   You should have a voice in this.  Basically--if the majority of the owners in the league feel like the trade is lopsided enough to be veto-worthy--they should vote that way.  If they feel like the trade is reasonable/palletable in the world of fantasy sports--they should vote to allow it.  All I do ask is that we get results by tonight so that myself and @BLUE BOMBER can figure out if we need to make proper waiver requests as I believe they run tonight.   It's pretty evident that both he and I will be comfortable with whatever the league decides.  I personally do apologize for the inconvenience that any of this caused the other owners.  

I don’t feel like the trade is that lopsided (well it is, but not the most ridiculous I’ve seen) but his intent where he said he would make literally any trade and offered up some original garbage deal to jv should be taken into account. 

I don’t feel like the trade is that lopsided (well it is, but not the most ridiculous I’ve seen) but his intent where he said he would make literally any trade and offered up some original garbage deal to jv should be taken into account. 

Yeah, this is where I'm at.

Users who are viewing this thread