What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Bored Games - 9/22 SHEEP IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK - Reveal and podium! (4 Viewers)

6 pts - The Beatles
3 pts - Nirvana
2 pts - Metallica

No, it's the children who are wrong. (0 pts) - Willie Neslon, dino259

According to various sources, many of whom have credentials surrounding their command of grammar, the band's name is The Beatles, as, when referring to the band, both words should be capitalised, therefore the band is The Beatles. This is all a long-winded way of saying that it would be nice to give a bonus point to AAABatteries but ha there's no way that's happening.

09. Name a word/phrase that is part of "corporate jargon".

Nick Vermeil - Circle Back
GAlmgren - Bandwidth
Zegras11 - culture
dino259 - Work from home
Snoopy - bottom line
AAABatteries - Synergy
shuke - Metrics
skol asylum - Housekeeping
Long Ball Larry - LET'S CIRCLE BACK
Dezbelief - Quite Quitting
Willie Neslon - Leverage
krista4 - Synergy
Yankee23Fan - Efforting a solution

4 pts - Circle back, Synergy

Should have asked to apply machine learning to playing Sheep even though they have no clue wtf that really means (2x 0 pts) - GAlmgren, Zegras11, dino259, Snoopy, shuke, skol asylum, Dezbelief, Willie Neslon, Yankee23Fan

10. BONUS ANSWER (you get 1 point for responding): Innovate the next change to the NFL that would be a hilarious flop.

Change the football - 3pts
Snoopy - electric eye in the football
Willie Neslon - Shape of football changed to resemble Hall of Fame building
krista4 - Footballs replaced with Nerf versions

Change the playcalling - 3pts
Zegras11 - @New Binky the Doormat being head referee and constantly making teams change the way they are driving down the field every paly
AAABatteries - ChatGPT Playcalling (this might actually not be bad with some of the idiots offensive coordinators)
skol asylum - Each game a team is required to run one series where the defense and the offense players switch sides.

Change the equipment - 2pts
shuke - Linemen have to wear inflatable sumo suits.
Dezbelief - Helmet Cams

Change OT - 2 pts
GAlmgren - Overtime decided by which kicker can throw the ball the farthest.
dino259 - Overtime possession decided by each coach getting 1 play on Madden for the most yards gained.

Something new for Belichick to exploit - 2 pts
Long Ball Larry - USE NEURALINK TECHNOLOGY TO IMPLANT A CHIP INTO A QUARTERBACK THAT IS TETHERED TO A CHIP IN ANOTHER QUARTERBACK THUS ENABLING THE OTHER QUARTERBACK WHO IS NOT PLAYING TO SIMPLY THINK ABOUT WHAT HE WOULD DO AND AUTOMATICALLY CAUSE THAT ACTION TO OCCUR IN THE QUARTERBACK WHO IS PLAYING. FOR INSTANCE, TOM BRADY AND JUSTIN FIELDS ARE CHIPPED SO BRADY CAN WATCH THE GAME AND REACT AS HE WOULD AND THEN FIELDS PERFORMS THE ACTION. SADLY, THIS GOES AWRY WHEN JUSTIN FIELDS' HEAD FALLS OFF ON THE FIELD, CAUSING THE GAME TO STOP AND MILLIONS OF FANTASY FOOTBALL MANAGERS RIOT IN THE STREETS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE STATS FROM THE GAME. UNDETERRED, THE OWNERS GET TOGETHER AND DECIDE TO MAINTAIN THE TECHNOLOGY AND SECRETLY CHIP MANY PLAYERS WHEN THEY ARE GETTING THEIR VACCINE SO THAT THE OWNERS CAN TRULY FEEL THE GRACE AND POWER THAT THE PLAYERS CAN EXHIBIT. JERRY JONES LEADS THE COWBOYS TO THE SUPER BOWL BUT DURING THE BYE WEEK, AARON RODGERS LEAPS OUT OF HIS WHEELCHAIR AND EXPOSES THE PLOT TO EVERYONE. UNBEKNOWNST TO RODGERS, THIS PLOT TURNS OUT TO ALL BE UNTRUE AND IS SIMPLY GUERILLA MARKETING FOR GET OUT 2, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE NFL'S AD CAMPAIGN WITH KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY IN THE WRITERS' ROOM. EVERYONE HATES IT AND GOODELL'S Q RATING PLUMMETS TO NEGATIVE 7 PERCENT, BUT PROFITS INCREASE BY 12% AND ALL OF THE OWNERS ENJOY A COCKTAIL ON THEIR YACHTS.
Yankee23Fan - Every time the opposing teams scores a touchdown the Head Coach of the team that got scored on has to take off one article of clothing and give it to the other head coach who has to wear it.

No score
Nick Vermeil - No hands

02. Name a place that's very inconveniently only open during normal business hours (ie 9-5).

Nick Vermeil - Post office
GAlmgren - Bank
Zegras11 - Post Office
dino259 - Credit Union / Bank
Snoopy - bank
AAABatteries - Banks
shuke - Bank
skol asylum - Bank
Long Ball Larry - DOCTOR'S OFFICE
Dezbelief - Dr's Office
Willie Neslon - Bank
krista4 - Post Office
Yankee23Fan - Motor vehicles
was gonna say bank, but really they have a lot more flexible hours so it doesn't really fit, but I still thought people would say it. should not have overthought.

DMV is actually the most accurate answer, probably.

Fell for one of the three oldest blunders: never get involved in a land war in Asia, never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line, never tempt the judge of a game of Sheep the opportunity to show zero mercy

skol asylum - 27
Nick Vermeil - 30
dino259 - 32

Fell for one of the three oldest blunders: never get involved in a land war in Asia, never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line, never tempt the judge of a game of Sheep the opportunity to show zero mercy

skol asylum - 27
Nick Vermeil - 30
dino259 - 32
I demand a rematch.

In fact, all three of them did!

GAlmgren - 50
AAABatteries - 50
Long Ball Larry - 50

You know, I could award a tiebreaker of "this player didn't need the crutch of a 2x point multiplier" and give it to GAlmgren, or "this player typed a lot of words in the final answer" and give it to Long Ball Larry, or "well maybe washing clothes is the same as laundry" and give it to AAABatteries.

But in true fashion, I'll consternate everyone and say THE OFFICIAL, FINAL, ARBITRARY RESULT OF THIS SILLY GAME IS A TIE.

In fact, all three of them did!

GAlmgren - 50
AAABatteries - 50
Long Ball Larry - 50

You know, I could award a tiebreaker of "this player didn't need the crutch of a 2x point multiplier" and give it to GAlmgren, or "this player typed a lot of words in the final answer" and give it to Long Ball Larry, or "well maybe washing clothes is the same as laundry" and give it to AAABatteries.

But in true fashion, I'll consternate everyone and say THE OFFICIAL, FINAL, ARBITRARY RESULT OF THIS SILLY GAME IS A TIE.
I'll take that to mean I won.

Kids don't know any of these bands. But they do wear the tshirts.
One of my students had an AC/DC T-shirt on today that said "For Those About To Rock". I saluted her. She had the most confused look on her face. I looked at her and said the words "For those about to rock..." and then saluted again. Blank stare. "we salute you...?" Blank stare. I asked "aren't you and AC/DC fan"? She replied "no, this is my brother's shirt". :kicksrock:

I'm bummed I missed the game here today.

Long Ball Larry - USE NEURALINK TECHNOLOGY TO IMPLANT A CHIP INTO A QUARTERBACK THAT IS TETHERED TO A CHIP IN ANOTHER QUARTERBACK THUS ENABLING THE OTHER QUARTERBACK WHO IS NOT PLAYING TO SIMPLY THINK ABOUT WHAT HE WOULD DO AND AUTOMATICALLY CAUSE THAT ACTION TO OCCUR IN THE QUARTERBACK WHO IS PLAYING. FOR INSTANCE, TOM BRADY AND JUSTIN FIELDS ARE CHIPPED SO BRADY CAN WATCH THE GAME AND REACT AS HE WOULD AND THEN FIELDS PERFORMS THE ACTION. SADLY, THIS GOES AWRY WHEN JUSTIN FIELDS' HEAD FALLS OFF ON THE FIELD, CAUSING THE GAME TO STOP AND MILLIONS OF FANTASY FOOTBALL MANAGERS RIOT IN THE STREETS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABOUT THE STATS FROM THE GAME. UNDETERRED, THE OWNERS GET TOGETHER AND DECIDE TO MAINTAIN THE TECHNOLOGY AND SECRETLY CHIP MANY PLAYERS WHEN THEY ARE GETTING THEIR VACCINE SO THAT THE OWNERS CAN TRULY FEEL THE GRACE AND POWER THAT THE PLAYERS CAN EXHIBIT. JERRY JONES LEADS THE COWBOYS TO THE SUPER BOWL BUT DURING THE BYE WEEK, AARON RODGERS LEAPS OUT OF HIS WHEELCHAIR AND EXPOSES THE PLOT TO EVERYONE. UNBEKNOWNST TO RODGERS, THIS PLOT TURNS OUT TO ALL BE UNTRUE AND IS SIMPLY GUERILLA MARKETING FOR GET OUT 2, IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE NFL'S AD CAMPAIGN WITH KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY IN THE WRITERS' ROOM. EVERYONE HATES IT AND GOODELL'S Q RATING PLUMMETS TO NEGATIVE 7 PERCENT, BUT PROFITS INCREASE BY 12% AND ALL OF THE OWNERS ENJOY A COCKTAIL ON THEIR YACHTS.

Oh man, I had this and erased it. Sorry to cost you a point, Larry.

Users who are viewing this thread