What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Moderation Thoughts - What Do You Think? (2 Viewers)

How would you like to see the FFA moderated?

• More heavily moderated than it is now with time outs given much more frequently for unexcellent beha

Votes: 42 11.4%
  • A little more moderated than it is now with time outs given a little more frequently for unexcellent

Votes: 73 19.8%
  • Keep it like it is now

Votes: 119 32.3%
  • A little less moderated than it is now with time outs given a little less frequently for unexcellent

Votes: 63 17.1%
  • A lot less moderated than it is now with time outs given much less frequently for unexcellent behavi

Votes: 71 19.3%

• Total voters
For serious, #jon_mix - you need to find a way to get past this. This is bordering on obsession. It's only a damned message board, friend.
It is.  But it is also a community where people share their thoughts, their tragedies, and their successes.   

This whole thread started after Joe received some pushback from a 2 month ban handed down to me for making this post after the 4th incident of police officers being ambushed during the height of the BLM protests:

I was banned and never had the opportunity to respond.  That was not an attempt to score political points or to place blame on the president.  It was a plea for the president to take a stand against such shootings without any caveat.  Prior to this police ambush, Obama would rightly give a strong condemnation to the killers, but would go on and say things ("But right now, the data shows that black folks are more vulnerable to these kinds of incidents. There is a particular burden that is being placed on a group of our fellow citizens.") which could be viewed by twisted radicals as rationalizing such attacks against police.   An hour after my banning, Obama gave a speech which strongly condemned the attacks, and just ended with period.  And the Baton Rouge attack ended up being the last such attack.  I don't think I was being 'uncool' to anyone and certainly was far far far more tame and moderate than what talking heads were saying.  

Now these recent incidents.  I said nothing to Drummer before he started joking about me being a pedophile.  I did not engage the poster in the now deleted Bennett thread before he started calling me 'a racist who hates black people' simply for taking the position that the Las Vegas police were not out of line.  Despite this being a point of emphasis by Joe against such personal attacks, the response from moderators was, 'oh we are too busy'.  It seems that there is a long standing grudge that is being held over my head for the last decade plus and the assumption is that I am somehow at fault and not being 'cool'.  

Why not reset like you said you wanted to do and evaluate each instance in a fair and objective manner instead of holding grudges and reading into or assuming things which just aren't there?
Accept that there is favoritism and unequal enforcement of board behavior and you will feel better. 

This whole thread started after Joe received some pushback from a 2 month ban handed down to me for making this post after the 4th incident of police officers being ambushed during the height of the BLM protests:

I was banned and never had the opportunity to respond.  That was not an attempt to score political points or to place blame on the president.  It was a plea for the president to take a stand against such shootings without any caveat.  Prior to this police ambush, Obama would rightly give a strong condemnation to the killers, but would go on and say things ("But right now, the data shows that black folks are more vulnerable to these kinds of incidents. There is a particular burden that is being placed on a group of our fellow citizens.") which could be viewed by twisted radicals as rationalizing such attacks against police.   An hour after my banning, Obama gave a speech which strongly condemned the attacks, and just ended with period.  And the Baton Rouge attack ended up being the last such attack.  I don't think I was being 'uncool' to anyone and certainly was far far far more tame and moderate than what talking heads were saying.  

Now these recent incidents.  I said nothing to Drummer before he started joking about me being a pedophile.  I did not engage the poster in the now deleted Bennett thread before he started calling me 'a racist who hates black people' simply for taking the position that the Las Vegas police were not out of line.  Despite this being a point of emphasis by Joe against such personal attacks, the response from moderators was, 'oh we are too busy'.  It seems that there is a long standing grudge that is being held over my head for the last decade plus and the assumption is that I am somehow at fault and not being 'cool'.  

Why not reset like you said you wanted to do and evaluate each instance in a fair and objective manner instead of holding grudges and reading into or assuming things which just aren't there?
After the Lousiana police were shot, you couldn't let the first page of the thread complete before you jumped to "If we only had a black president who could bridge the racial divide with a MLK type leadership.   Not saying Obama bears blame, but the hope he promised seems to have gone the opposite direction. "

I asked you nicely to drop it here. That's way more than most people get. You seem to be unable to do so. I'm sorry but we're out of options. 

RIP jon_mx.  I recently got a ding.  I *think* it was for calling the Pres a derogatory name (I don't think I've ever personally insulted another poster directly).  Annoyed, because other people do it and have done it, but ultimately as a whole my conduct in the political subforum was probably not excellent enough for the mod team.  I certainly recognize my language has been a bit trenchant lately.  It won't change regarding politics, so I'm just gonna not post there.  I think it would be great of the mod team would have some handshake agreements to let people come back if they agree to not post in particular parts of the forum that tend to show a person's worst side.  That might sound like work, but a)  I think it's worth it and b)  moderating is work anyway.

I have to say I am impressed by the moderation. 

I am part of the brave minority who dare to post in the political forum while being MAGA.

Knowing that with every post, whether it is a link to an article or a response to someone or an emoji, I am putting my FBG life on the line. 

Either the hysteria about moderation was overrated, the mods decided to stop catering to crybabies, or everyone has me on ignore :lol:

I have to say I am impressed by the moderation. 

I am part of the brave minority who dare to post in the political forum while being MAGA.

Knowing that with every post, whether it is a link to an article or a response to someone or an emoji, I am putting my FBG life on the line. 

Either the hysteria about moderation was overrated, the mods decided to stop catering to crybabies, or everyone has me on ignore :lol:
Many posters here have a post count several orders of magnitude larger than yours.  It is too early to reach a conclusion based on 225 posts which is like a day in the life of Tim. 

Can I please ask @FBG Moderator what I got a three day suspension for on 12/29?  My emails are not being returned and that user cannot accept PMs. I really don't know what I posted that was over the line so I would just appreciate knowing what it was.  You can email or PM me.

I understand you and others don't care if the mods don't enforce the rules posted in the pinned FAQs at the top of the FFA forum page. But some of us do.

As I have said numerous times, if they don't wish to enforce the printed rules fine, you won't hear a peep out of me about alias accounts after that if the printed rules are deleted. But if the rules continue to be posted, like, um, you know, that they are actual official rules of this forum, then I will continue to say something.
What about your alias @rude classless thugs?  How do you feel about that one?

Users who are viewing this thread