What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***FFA*** OfficialFavorite Musicals (1 Viewer)

"Hamilton" is the best that I've seen on stage. I saw Brandon Victor Dixon getting some love for Jesus Christ Superstar above -- he was the Burr when I saw that, and he was phenomenal.  Some other favorites are The Producers, Book of Mormon, 42nd Street, and Avenue Q.

I enjoy a good opera too, but I haven't seen as many as I would like.  "Carmen" is probably my favorite that I've seen performed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The show as a whole doesn’t really hold up as an all-time great, but the opening scene to Disney’s The Lion King remains one of the most magical moments I’ve ever witnessed on stage.

Also, do choral symphonies qualify here?  If that’s the case, after years of movie watching, I’m ready to charge the front line of battle anytime Orff’s Carmina Burana is heard (even more so if seen live)

The show as a whole doesn’t really hold up as an all-time great, but the opening scene to Disney’s The Lion King remains one of the most magical moments I’ve ever witnessed on stage.

Also, do choral symphonies qualify here?  If that’s the case, after years of movie watching, I’m ready to charge the front line of battle anytime Orff’s Carmina Burana is heard (even more so if seen live)
I think opera and choral works are probably a different category- but I don't mind them being discussed. It's not like there is an overwhelming amount of chatter in a football message board about musicals. Maybe I should have gone Tim style and posted 1 a week. 

I also really like The Umbrellas of Cherbourg. It's gorgeous to look at (and so is a young Catherine Deneuve). The cool thing is the entire movie is singing. There is no traditional dialogue. And it is in French but it all works perfectly. It was a massive influence on La La Land.

saw lion king recently on stage with the kids... it holds up really well. julie taymor's puppety look for things may have gotten a bit played out over the years- but that one is still stunning. 

we were just talking about Excalibur somewhere... only part I remember holding up well was the Orff.

another similar, kinda-sorta, is missa luba, which I think I first heard in that crazy english mod/revolt movie, If.

eta: another recent interesting good, albeit not great, musical- Fun Home. 

the one about the 9/11 diverted passengers- far away home (I think)- is also supposed to be fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread