What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (3 Viewers)

Damn, money is pouring in on NC and the over. I found this stat on another board:

Teams that started the season slow and ended with an extended winning streak have been poor as bowl favorites.

Play against a bowl favorite with less than 8 su wins and 20+ days rest off 3 su wins.

su--5-13(-8.4)

ats--0-17-1(-13.4) avg line:-5.0

o/u--3-2(6.3) avg line: 50.5

Play against - missouri

Also, I don't think Mizzou can be too excited about this game after getting screwed by the big12 in their bowl game for the umpteenth year in a row.

nc +4 1 unit

NO is playing for much much less than ATL is playing for tonight.

IMO that means ATL will be playing harder than NO.

Higher seeds and QB records are not nearly the motivators that fighting to make the playoffs is.

NO can coast tonight and lose and still be in the playoffs. NO is comprised of humans. Humans tend to coast whenever possible.

So the question is whether they can come in with a ho-hum attitude and beat a fired up ATL team?

Or is the talent differential so high it doesn't matter?0

Or does Atlanta just blow their opp?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, money is pouring in on NC and the over. I found this stat on another board:Teams that started the season slow and ended with an extended winning streak have been poor as bowl favorites.Play against a bowl favorite with less than 8 su wins and 20+ days rest off 3 su wins.su--5-13(-8.4)ats--0-17-1(-13.4) avg line:-5.0o/u--3-2(6.3) avg line: 50.5Play against - missouri Also, I don't think Mizzou can be too excited about this game after getting screwed by the big12 in their bowl game for the umpteenth year in a row.nc +4 1 unit
:shrug:Why not

UNC and the under for me tonight

NO -0.5 to finish out teasers

and sproles with a big night and TG gets shut down so I can win my fantasy league

ETA: Also like Denver +4.5 quite a bit in the NBA

Damn, money is pouring in on NC and the over. I found this stat on another board:Teams that started the season slow and ended with an extended winning streak have been poor as bowl favorites.Play against a bowl favorite with less than 8 su wins and 20+ days rest off 3 su wins.su--5-13(-8.4)ats--0-17-1(-13.4) avg line:-5.0o/u--3-2(6.3) avg line: 50.5Play against - missouri Also, I don't think Mizzou can be too excited about this game after getting screwed by the big12 in their bowl game for the umpteenth year in a row.nc +4 1 unit
:goodposting:

NO is playing for much much less than ATL is playing for tonight.IMO that means ATL will be playing harder than NO. Higher seeds and QB records are not nearly the motivators that fighting to make the playoffs is.NO can coast tonight and lose and still be in the playoffs. NO is comprised of humans. Humans tend to coast whenever possible.So the question is whether they can come in with a ho-hum attitude and beat a fired up ATL team?Or is the talent differential so high it doesn't matter?0Or does Atlanta just blow their opp?
Winning the division at home by beating a division rival on a Monday night will make them show up with a ho hum attitude?? I think that's plenty to play for then they can coast next week.. And I also think that Atlanta is way overrated along with their QB. Atlanta is a fraud and gets smoked tonight IMO.

'The Ref said:
'Dexter Manley said:
Because Missouri plays in a lot better conferenceBecause historical stats mean #### IMOBecause Missouri runs the ball extremely wellBecause Missouri lost two games to top five opponents, and four to ranked teams. Because UNC's current coach is going to be the co-defensive coordinator at Ohio StateBecause UNC's new coach is still stuck in an airport in HawaiiBecause UNC pretty much packed it in a long time agoBecause Missouri is heading to the SEC and has that rep to play for Because I think Mizzou is pretty good ;) :shrug:UNC will probably cover because I've sucked lately, but they shouldn't. Mizzou is the better team and they don't have any reason to ghost this game with continuity in the program and a move to the SEC.

'The Ref said:
'Dexter Manley said:
Because Missouri plays in a lot better conferenceBecause historical stats mean #### IMOBecause Missouri runs the ball extremely wellBecause Missouri lost two games to top five opponents, and four to ranked teams. Because UNC's current coach is going to be the co-defensive coordinator at Ohio StateBecause UNC's new coach is still stuck in an airport in HawaiiBecause UNC pretty much packed it in a long time agoBecause Missouri is heading to the SEC and has that rep to play for Because I think Mizzou is pretty good ;) :shrug:UNC will probably cover because I've sucked lately, but they shouldn't. Mizzou is the better team and they don't have any reason to ghost this game with continuity in the program and a move to the SEC.
:shrug:Good call. 1 unit downthe drain

Military Bowl:

As I said before I'll be there for this game so I wanted some action.

The total is 70.5 which is ridiculous for a neutral site game, even if Toledo is playing. It is supposed to rain tomorrow night and RFK doesn't drain very well and it is gonna be windy on Wednesday.

Air Force is one of the best coached teams in CFB and they will have what would probably considered to be a home crowd at RFK. Any tickets not sold by tomorrow will be given out via USOs and family support centers on the surrounding bases in the area so a lot of Air Force backers. I think Air Force runs at will, controls the clock and plays just enough defense to hold Toledo down to some extent.

Playing Air Force ML +140

Considering under 70.5

'lumpy19 said:
UNC and the under for me tonight

NO -0.5 to finish out teasers

and sproles with a big night and TG gets shut down so I can win my fantasy league

ETA: Also like Denver +4.5 quite a bit in the NBA
What can I say...sometimes you're just in the zone and it's like you see things before they happen

I have correctly predicted the wrong total lean on every single college bowl so far, don't feel bad.

I need to stick with sides and completely avoid the NFL.

That said, 1500 units on the Saints.

Belk Bowl:

NC State -2 right now

This line has been moving between 1 and 2.5 as people try to decide which side to play in what amounts to a paper pick'em.

Louisville has a pretty good defense but it is probably helped by their presence in the Big East which is averse to offense. Louisville has a freshman quarterback who is prone to mistakes and they also have a fairly average running game. This puts the game squarely in the hands of the young signal caller.

NC State counters with one of the better secondaries in the country. They are fast, they force a ton of turnovers and they have the best player on either team in CB D Amerson. On offense the Wolfpack have a ton of issues running the ball but when they do run, they win. They have quite a bit of offensive talent that is still growing but they also make a lot of mistakes and can be downright terrible sometimes.

NC State is awful on the road, Louisville is good on the road. But this game is in Charlotte so it's nearly a home game for NC State which should help their confidence. I think what it comes down to for me in what is a pick'em game is who is probably the better team based on what we know. Neither is very careful with the ball, and both have had some real stinkers this year. NC State though had in what my opinion is one of the most impressive wins in college football this year, a 37-13 shellacking of Clemson. I think Louisville could win this game, but I think it would be close if they did. NC State has the kind of talent and in game spurts to win this game by three TDs. They won't, but I think this is my deciding factor.

Playing: NC State -1.5

Considering: Over 44

Lol. I know how much this is going to sound like Lhucks. But I ended up playing missou, not unc. As you can tell I put alot into handicapping/entering that game when I bet it last week.

I have correctly predicted the wrong total lean on every single college bowl so far, don't feel bad.

I need to stick with sides and completely avoid the NFL.

That said, 1500 units on the Saints.
:eek: Wait, how much does a unit equal?!
Seven wheat pennies
Soooo, how much does a wheat penny equal?! :lmao: Sorry, I don't have a clue. :bag: I was always under the impression that 1u = $100. :shrug:
Dunno, for many a unit is a changing value based on percentage of bankroll. So since one unit is 4% to 5% of my bankroll, 1500 units would be one unit of say 32000 units. It was shtick though, just mocking 2000 star picks and 28 unit bets by people who just arbitrarily decide what a unit is worth on the spot.

Lol. I know how much this is going to sound like Lhucks. But I ended up playing missou, not unc. As you can tell I put alot into handicapping/entering that game when I bet it last week.
What ever happened to LHUCKS' NFL player props? I had the new car all picked out and everything. :(

Sounds more like Culdeus than LHUCKS. LHUCKS shtick is piling on units won after one of his picks ends up being a winner. So he picks ten games, has three winners but yet is up 15 units.

Belk Bowl:NC State -2 right nowThis line has been moving between 1 and 2.5 as people try to decide which side to play in what amounts to a paper pick'em. Louisville has a pretty good defense but it is probably helped by their presence in the Big East which is averse to offense. Louisville has a freshman quarterback who is prone to mistakes and they also have a fairly average running game. This puts the game squarely in the hands of the young signal caller.NC State counters with one of the better secondaries in the country. They are fast, they force a ton of turnovers and they have the best player on either team in CB D Amerson. On offense the Wolfpack have a ton of issues running the ball but when they do run, they win. They have quite a bit of offensive talent that is still growing but they also make a lot of mistakes and can be downright terrible sometimes. NC State is awful on the road, Louisville is good on the road. But this game is in Charlotte so it's nearly a home game for NC State which should help their confidence. I think what it comes down to for me in what is a pick'em game is who is probably the better team based on what we know. Neither is very careful with the ball, and both have had some real stinkers this year. NC State though had in what my opinion is one of the most impressive wins in college football this year, a 37-13 shellacking of Clemson. I think Louisville could win this game, but I think it would be close if they did. NC State has the kind of talent and in game spurts to win this game by three TDs. They won't, but I think this is my deciding factor.Playing: NC State -1.5Considering: Over 44
:goodposting: For what it's worth - this game is the last non BCS week game on the card that I really like. Yes I'll have action on some of the other games, but this is the last one I see going more then 2 units on. Already have 2 units down at -2.5 because I didn't want to get it to go to 3 and somehow it went to PK and back and never even apeared in danger to get to 3. If my hockey season starts well and NO covers a teaser I have open I might do SOMETHING STUPID ™ for this game.

Belk Bowl:NC State -2 right nowThis line has been moving between 1 and 2.5 as people try to decide which side to play in what amounts to a paper pick'em. Louisville has a pretty good defense but it is probably helped by their presence in the Big East which is averse to offense. Louisville has a freshman quarterback who is prone to mistakes and they also have a fairly average running game. This puts the game squarely in the hands of the young signal caller.NC State counters with one of the better secondaries in the country. They are fast, they force a ton of turnovers and they have the best player on either team in CB D Amerson. On offense the Wolfpack have a ton of issues running the ball but when they do run, they win. They have quite a bit of offensive talent that is still growing but they also make a lot of mistakes and can be downright terrible sometimes. NC State is awful on the road, Louisville is good on the road. But this game is in Charlotte so it's nearly a home game for NC State which should help their confidence. I think what it comes down to for me in what is a pick'em game is who is probably the better team based on what we know. Neither is very careful with the ball, and both have had some real stinkers this year. NC State though had in what my opinion is one of the most impressive wins in college football this year, a 37-13 shellacking of Clemson. I think Louisville could win this game, but I think it would be close if they did. NC State has the kind of talent and in game spurts to win this game by three TDs. They won't, but I think this is my deciding factor.Playing: NC State -1.5Considering: Over 44
:goodposting: For what it's worth - this game is the last non BCS week game on the card that I really like. Yes I'll have action on some of the other games, but this is the last one I see going more then 2 units on. Already have 2 units down at -2.5 because I didn't want to get it to go to 3 and somehow it went to PK and back and never even apeared in danger to get to 3. If my hockey season starts well and NO covers a teaser I have open I might do SOMETHING STUPID ™ for this game.
A few things I like outside the BCS games, but nothing on New Year's Eve. I mean, that's a mess as far as I'm concerned. I think I might like Cincy, but I need to look a little closer at that match-up. I did just add Texas, I think they have every reason to show up in that game and I think Cal is gonna get a huge dose of Malcolm Brown. FWIW when I went through all the lines point by point when the bowl lines were released, I picked my top five games and bet them then and there. Almost all those lines have now moved in my favor (Boise State being the one already played) so I think I am on the right track. NC State was probably my #6 or #7 choice. Plus NC State was part of the best win I had all year, I owe it to them to have their back. :mellow:

One of you nerds should know this. How much would you be up if you bet the over saints, patriots, and packers TT every week for one unit?

'The Ref said:
OK men - the hockey prop shop is open for business. We feel good enough to start betting for real. Ana under 26.5 -115 for 2 unitsPhx under 28.5 -115 for 2 unitsVan Ovr 32.5 -130 for 1 unitTo be fair I posted a handful of plays over the past month with disclosures that we were not 100% ready to go so I'm starting fresh with the counter today.
Quick recap: went 1-2 on the night. .The Ducks under was a solid play the whole way. i suspect that you will see many Ducks unders the rest of the year esp when on the road vs any good team.Phx was a heart breaker but I still feel good about the lean. You wont see many 7 goal games that the Kings play at home. That being said this isn't the same Kings team as last year. I think when you have a freakish game like this and they still didn't cover the over until :50 sec left in the game tells me this was a solid play.Not much we can do about the Van over. They were on pace for a 16+ shot 1 period, but managed to score 4 goals early and called the dogs off. If the Goalie wasn't a cheese grater this was an easy cover.Season 1-2-1.1 Units

Figured I'd come here for help first. I got a Toshiba Thrive tablet for christmas. Is there anyway to play in the pokerrooms at SB with it? Are mobile devices able to play there. Wondering if anyone here has any knowledge on the subject. Doesn't seem to want to download for me. I'm the equivalent of a nursery school kid with technology toys. Worst case scenario, i'll get on live chat and find out.

'The Ref said:
OK men - the hockey prop shop is open for business. We feel good enough to start betting for real. Ana under 26.5 -115 for 2 unitsPhx under 28.5 -115 for 2 unitsVan Ovr 32.5 -130 for 1 unitTo be fair I posted a handful of plays over the past month with disclosures that we were not 100% ready to go so I'm starting fresh with the counter today.
Quick recap: went 1-2 on the night. .The Ducks under was a solid play the whole way. i suspect that you will see many Ducks unders the rest of the year esp when on the road vs any good team.Phx was a heart breaker but I still feel good about the lean. You wont see many 7 goal games that the Kings play at home. That being said this isn't the same Kings team as last year. I think when you have a freakish game like this and they still didn't cover the over until :50 sec left in the game tells me this was a solid play.Not much we can do about the Van over. They were on pace for a 16+ shot 1 period, but managed to score 4 goals early and called the dogs off. If the Goalie wasn't a cheese grater this was an easy cover.Season 1-2-1.1 Units
Just curious, how would you have done strictly playing the totals as opposed to SOG? Say you liked the nucks over sog, is playing the over on the game a better bet? Same with the unders, i'm just curious if there is a correlation.

Saints and Magic saved me but got hit across the head in NBA in NCAAFB. Took UNC and Under and was hot on Thunder, Lakers, and Mavs. Ouch.

For today I like Pittsburg -1.5 in CBB and I like NCSt. -1. I'll have more action, of course, b/c I'm a degenerate.

'The Ref said:
'Dexter Manley said:
Nice call!

'The Ref said:
Just curious, how would you have done strictly playing the totals as opposed to SOG? Say you liked the nucks over sog, is playing the over on the game a better bet? Same with the unders, i'm just curious if there is a correlation.
Well as it turns out last night the answer was yes as it related to the nucks, but you can't predict a goalie to have such and off night. We find shots to be more predictable then goals. Both the Phx and Ana would have lost/tied an Under total bet last night, and as it stands we won one easily and the other eeeked by with :50 sec to spare.

gonna see if i can get 5 in a row here. maybe one day i can pull it off :bag:

#2 o31 1st half for western michigan and purdue

if this hits #3 will probably be cbb wisconsin -4.5 1h vs. nebraska (nebraska's 1st time seeing that D, surely they will start out really slowly, welcome to the big 10) :boxing:

gonna see if i can get 5 in a row here. maybe one day i can pull it off :bag:

#2 o31 1st half for western michigan and purdue

if this hits #3 will probably be cbb wisconsin -4.5 1h vs. nebraska (nebraska's 1st time seeing that D, surely they will start out really slowly, welcome to the big 10) :boxing:
THERE HE IS!

Users who are viewing this thread