What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (6 Viewers)

'The Ref said:
OK men. Weekend is alomst here. No NFL tonight but two Bowl games.Fla St 3.5 ND 46.5Baylor 9.5 Wazzu 79!I kind of like Fla St in the early game, not sure what to make out of the total.Not sure I like baylor or the over enough for more then 1 unit, but I sure as hell aint going to bet Wazzu or Under in this game.
I don't understand the FSU line. I see 2 evenly matched teams. After watching lines all year I predicted a pick em for this game. Going to risk my Air Force winnings on Notre Dame +3.I think Vegas has finally got the message that Baylor scores a lot of points, still not sure they got it right though at 79.5. Even with the inflated total line I see a 48 to 38 type game. Baylor defense is bad.

As for the easist bet of the college bowl season, Iowa +14. Doctor D and anyone else that follows the Sooners do you agree? OU has played to the level of their competition all season. The only games they came out ready to play was the game at FSU and Texas. This team has underperformed this season to say the least. Can anyone really see them fired up to play Iowa? Iowa will come ready to play. Oklahoma is just shaky enough and Iowa is just sneaky enough for an upset to occur here. It's not likely, but it's certainly possible.A team like Oklahoma certainly had bigger expectations this year. They're not in the National Championship Game, or any BCS game. Will they come out hard? NO. I am going to let my Air Force and Notre Dame winnings ride on this one. OU 34 Iowa 27.

As for the easist bet of the college bowl season, Iowa +14. Doctor D and anyone else that follows the Sooners do you agree? OU has played to the level of their competition all season. The only games they came out ready to play was the game at FSU and Texas. This team has underperformed this season to say the least. Can anyone really see them fired up to play Iowa? Iowa will come ready to play. Oklahoma is just shaky enough and Iowa is just sneaky enough for an upset to occur here. It's not likely, but it's certainly possible.A team like Oklahoma certainly had bigger expectations this year. They're not in the National Championship Game, or any BCS game. Will they come out hard? NO. I am going to let my Air Force and Notre Dame winnings ride on this one. OU 34 Iowa 27.
I would agree but Iowa will be without their best offensive player for this game and OU is just a lot better overall. But I agree that there is no motivation for them, so I think I might just play the total here. Maybe OU 1h.

I like Washington. There has to be value there and they must love this scenario. Took the MONSTER m/l as well.

And fwiw, Baylor is a very popular pick in that pickem pool...just like TCU was.

I think the ND ML bet is a good value play but nothing for me.

Illinois is now a three point favorite against UCLA. How do you know that you have a gambling problem? If you go anywhere near this ####fest.

I like Washington. There has to be value there and they must love this scenario. Took the MONSTER m/l as well.And fwiw, Baylor is a very popular pick in that pickem pool...just like TCU was.
so was boise
I realize that but Boise was different. And we actually went over why it was different at length in here.I guess it's not different looking solely at picks / playing contrarian, but you know what I mean.

Time for ALOT of action tonight:

2u Penn St +10.5

2u Fordham +6

2u Cincinnati -6.5

2u UC-Davis +18

1u Rutgers +8.5

1u Wright St +1.5

1u So. Ill +4.5

1u USC +10.5

1u Fresno St -3

1u UCLA +6

1u Davidson -12

1u SIU Edwardsville +11

1u Idaho St +14

94-88 -1.7u

Time to get back in the green!!

Thanks, bmj...and thanks for Iowa last night. Icing on the cake.

As mentioned before, going LARGE with the underdog Huskies tonight, with an additional 1u on the +300 ML, just for the hell of it.

Washington has an offense that can keep up with Baylor's, and they have a better defense, which should be enough to keep them within a TD of Baylor.Heisman winner RGIII has this line inflated enormously. If they can do that, they have a outside chance at an outright win. Chris Polk should run roughshod over Baylor's D, and a healthy Keith Price at QB gives the Huskies the balance they need to keep a bad Baylor offense from focusing on the run.

Agree with those touting Iowa +14. Oklahoma WR's corps is decimated, they're in a classic letdown situation, and they ended the regular season on a slide, and Kirk Ferentz is one H-E-doublehockeysticks of a Bowl Coach. The Hawkeyes are going to come out one bunch of motivated MF'ers. Vandenberg is a very solid QB who should be able to hold his own vs a banged up Sooner D. Iowa's starting RB is out, but he's more or less average, and they have a stable of guys behind him who aren't much different. Not as big of a factor as it's being made out to be, and certainly not as big a hit to the Iowa offense as losing Broyles and Reynolds is to OU. Two TD's is nuts.

Good Luck!!!

OK men - the hockey prop shop is open for business. We feel good enough to start betting for real. Ana under 26.5 -115 for 2 unitsPhx under 28.5 -115 for 2 unitsVan Ovr 32.5 -130 for 1 unitTo be fair I posted a handful of plays over the past month with disclosures that we were not 100% ready to go so I'm starting fresh with the counter today.
Quick recap: went 1-2 on the night. .The Ducks under was a solid play the whole way. i suspect that you will see many Ducks unders the rest of the year esp when on the road vs any good team.Phx was a heart breaker but I still feel good about the lean. You wont see many 7 goal games that the Kings play at home. That being said this isn't the same Kings team as last year. I think when you have a freakish game like this and they still didn't cover the over until :50 sec left in the game tells me this was a solid play.Not much we can do about the Van over. They were on pace for a 16+ shot 1 period, but managed to score 4 goals early and called the dogs off. If the Goalie wasn't a cheese grater this was an easy cover.Season 1-2-1.1 Units
On small play tonightWild O 27.5 -115 1 unit

Armed Forces Bowl:

The weather will be great in Dallas tomorrow! :excited:

Tulsa is a good team who has suffered through a brutal schedule where all their losses came against teams that were ranked in the top ten at the time they played them (Okie State, OU, Boise, Houston). QB Kinne is a pro prospect who has some capable receivers and also a good rushing attack. Tulsa's D isn't as good and has been shredded by quality opponents.

BYU played very well down the stretch but they were just 1-3 against teams who landed in Bowl games including getting hammered by Utah 54-10. Of the teams BYU played Tulsa is probably closest to TCU but with a better offense and a worse defense. TCU beat BYU 38-28.

Playing: Tulsa +125 (played this early, it's now at -115) and the over 55 I think it will be a game with 35-31/31-28/38-31 type of score.

As mentioned before, going LARGE with the underdog Huskies tonight, with an additional 1u on the +300 ML, just for the hell of it.

Washington has an offense that can keep up with Baylor's, and they have a better defense, which should be enough to keep them within a TD of Baylor.Heisman winner RGIII has this line inflated enormously. If they can do that, they have a outside chance at an outright win. Chris Polk should run roughshod over Baylor's D, and a healthy Keith Price at QB gives the Huskies the balance they need to keep a bad Baylor offense from focusing on the run.

Agree with those touting Iowa +14. Oklahoma WR's corps is decimated, they're in a classic letdown situation, and they ended the regular season on a slide, and Kirk Ferentz is one H-E-doublehockeysticks of a Bowl Coach. The Hawkeyes are going to come out one bunch of motivated MF'ers. Vandenberg is a very solid QB who should be able to hold his own vs a banged up Sooner D. Iowa's starting RB is out, but he's more or less average, and they have a stable of guys behind him who aren't much different. Not as big of a factor as it's being made out to be, and certainly not as big a hit to the Iowa offense as losing Broyles and Reynolds is to OU. Two TD's is nuts.

Good Luck!!!
Thank you for the write-up. Some very valid points, and one extremely inaccurate one. Coker is a very, very talented back, one of the best in the country. His backup is an inexperienced freshman with less than 20 carries to his name. Johnson's backup(s) hasn't carried the ball more than 10 times this year. We're talking about a top 10-15 RB (imo) in the country vs. a "stable" of completely inexperienced runners, gigantic difference. Good luck!!!IOWA stats

Last edited by a moderator:

Good Luck!!!
Thank you for the write-up. Some very valid points, and one extremely inaccurate one. Coker is a very, very talented back, one of the best in the country. His backup is an inexperienced freshman with less than 20 carries to his name. Johnson's backup(s) hasn't carried the ball more than 10 times this year. We're talking about a top 10-15 RB (imo) in the country vs. a "stable" of completely inexperienced runners, gigantic difference. Good luck!!!IOWA stats
Yeah I'm not sure if one RB from any one team had more of the total team production Coker had and it's why I'm very skeptical of Iowa in this game. Also Jaz Reynolds is really not a big loss for OU, Kenny Stills is their best WR besides Broyles and Kemeel Jackson and Trey Franks are easily as capable as Reynolds. Too much has been made of OU losing Broyles, it was the loss of Whaley and Jones erratic play that sidelined them this year. I think Iowa might be a trap because they are going to have to throw all game and they don't have the personnel teams like Baylor, Okie State or even Techa Tech has. I think the under might be the play in this game because I'm not all that sure that either team will be able to run, and if Jones is off OU could be a bit slow a foot. I'm thinking 31-21 but OU could win this game going away if they come to play.

I do like NL's lean of UW tonight though, and I'm tempted to play the ML.

'The Ref said:
OK men. Weekend is alomst here. No NFL tonight but two Bowl games.

Fla St 3.5 ND 46.5

Baylor 9.5 Wazzu 79!

I kind of like Fla St in the early game, not sure what to make out of the total.

Not sure I like baylor or the over enough for more then 1 unit, but I sure as hell aint going to bet Wazzu or Under in this game.
Rollin' with the over in the late game. 79 seems like a boatload of points until you see the 38-21 halftime score.
Might be low.

Anybody else think that Oregon will overwhelm Wisconsin with their team speed?

I know UW has evolved a bit from the Ron Dayne days where everyone on the roster was a 300-lb. fat slob, but they still don't have Oregon speed.

I couldn't be more glad I am not epileptic. The ESPN feed of the Baylor game is cutting out what seems like every 30 seconds. Get on fixing that, ESPN.

Users who are viewing this thread