What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (6 Viewers)

UFC Fight Night Tomorrow Night...I'm looking at the following:

Chris Leben -170 is a great number vs. Jay Silva

Silva lost to CB Dolloway who I think is horrible. Leben should make short work of him. -170 is crazy IMO.

Gray Maynard is good, but -275 vs. Diaz is way too high. He can't finish an opponent, and Diaz will pressure him big time. Putting a small play on Diaz here at the +235

Maybe parlay Diaz and Leben as well. Probably throw in Aaron Simpson for good measure.

Riding GB +4 on back half of 1u Tease

Also Got TEN +10 / Under 156 for 1/2u action play

Fitz first TD +500 for 1/2u

:goodposting: keg is tapped

Last edited by a moderator:
Random question. Do you think the "up" guys on the kickoff team study film of the kicker's run up to the kick to try to detect onsides kicks?

Silva lost to CB Dolloway who I think is horrible. Leben should make short work of him. -170 is crazy IMO.

Gray Maynard is good, but -275 vs. Diaz is way too high. He can't finish an opponent, and Diaz will pressure him big time. Putting a small play on Diaz here at the +235

Maybe parlay Diaz and Leben as well. Probably throw in Aaron Simpson for good measure.
i have to disagree with Leben, the guy has looked pretty awful his last few fights. Not taking Terry martin out was pretty bad. And the Dalloway-Silva match was more of a style loss for Silva. I have a small play on Silva, but this one can go either way, and it is hard to have confidence in Leben. i did make a small play on Diaz as well though (like .33 unit). Maynard is the real deal, but Diaz has a lot of potential. as for the WEC tonight, i have some of the following:

Assuncao +375 for .33 unit (Faber has had a long layoff, and Raphael is a talented fighter. i am probably trying to ride this ring rust train too long, but it worked with Forrest-Tito and Stout-J-Lau)

Ben Henderson +120 .75 unit

Mark Hominick -200 1 unit

Shalorus +225: 1 unit

may be a little too many plays, but we'll see.

i have to disagree with Leben, the guy has looked pretty awful his last few fights. Not taking Terry martin out was pretty bad. And the Dalloway-Silva match was more of a style loss for Silva. I have a small play on Silva, but this one can go either way, and it is hard to have confidence in Leben. i did make a small play on Diaz as well though (like .33 unit). Maynard is the real deal, but Diaz has a lot of potential.

as for the WEC tonight, i have some of the following:

Assuncao +375 for .33 unit (Faber has had a long layoff, and Raphael is a talented fighter. i am probably trying to ride this ring rust train too long, but it worked with Forrest-Tito and Stout-J-Lau)

Are these on tv? I'll bet on anything I can watch

i have to disagree with Leben, the guy has looked pretty awful his last few fights. Not taking Terry martin out was pretty bad. And the Dalloway-Silva match was more of a style loss for Silva. I have a small play on Silva, but this one can go either way, and it is hard to have confidence in Leben. i did make a small play on Diaz as well though (like .33 unit). Maynard is the real deal, but Diaz has a lot of potential.

as for the WEC tonight, i have some of the following:

Are these on tv? I'll bet on anything I can watch
yes, versus tonight at 9. pretty smart of them to do this as no SNF leaves a big ol void for half drunk, fired up football fans coming home from the bars.

Will anyone have half a clue how to bet no/ari? I can't even begin to figure out what the line might be. Guessing NO -4.5?

Random question. Do you think the "up" guys on the kickoff team study film of the kicker's run up to the kick to try to detect onsides kicks?
This is why I ask. I would always have my 2 guys on the left side and the middle guy play up in situations like that. And heck maybe everytime.

like the card tonight too for the WEC. Faber, Brown, Leber and Ben Henderson all on one card. nice
I am so pissed about the Direct TV / Versus crap!!Can't watch this one!
:thumbup: . it will be a great card too. and apparently a "big" announcement during the card. i know the UFC will have a few cards on Vs. this year, so i think my relationship with DirecTV is coming to an end

I didn't watch the game, but this game certainly reminds me of the Pitt/GB game from a few weeks ago.

And my Rodgers ov 29 comp. +800 has more then a fighting chance.

i have to disagree with Leben, the guy has looked pretty awful his last few fights. Not taking Terry martin out was pretty bad. And the Dalloway-Silva match was more of a style loss for Silva. I have a small play on Silva, but this one can go either way, and it is hard to have confidence in Leben. i did make a small play on Diaz as well though (like .33 unit). Maynard is the real deal, but Diaz has a lot of potential. as for the WEC tonight, i have some of the following:

I bet big on Henderson. Might even put more on him. Varner will not be able to hang with Henderson for 5 rounds after taking that much time off for injuries.

O/U on how long it takes for the thread to turn on MP after he won us back over...33' hours. :goodposting:

And ugh...what a piss poor way for the game to end.

I bet big on Henderson. Might even put more on him. Varner will not be able to hang with Henderson for 5 rounds after taking that much time off for injuries.
im hoping for late money to come in on Varner and i will put more on Bendo as well.

O/U on how long it takes for the thread to turn on MP after he won us back over...33' hours. :lmao: And ugh...what a piss poor way for the game to end.
:goodposting: :confused:
Sorry...just busting your stones. I am bitter after a bad weekend capped off by my failure to get of my GB pk play on about 100 occasions.
No harm, no foul. I am trying my best to not be an ####### to people anymore. I'm not even sure why I started posting picks here anymore. I guess GR lured me out?Another week, we move on....Sonny!!!!

SB had NO -7 up for about 10 seconds, now it's gone. IND -6.5. SD -8.

ETA: NO -7 back now.

That would have been a coup if you hit that middle you posted above.

Didn't all four games go over this weekend? Am I just dreaming or does it seem like a lot of the WC games have gone over the last few years?

O/U on how long it takes for the thread to turn on MP after he won us back over...33' hours. :lmao: And ugh...what a piss poor way for the game to end.
He is not fooling me. He is as full of BS as he always was. I dont think I could ever trust him or what he says.

BRONG said:
Here ya go, Damon:

Temple

Detroit

Syracuse

Denver

Wright St

San Diego

Oregon St
Damon, you get on any of these? Lines have moved a bit...
yeah without the lines posted, I was kind of unsure what to do. I ended up doing an 1f bet with DEnver on top, then WSt. and the others.MAybe Shoulda done the rr parlay, as temple, det covered and cuse pushed.
I took Denver pretty big, and that was my only one in hoops.I was so hungover I dozed in and out all day, missing plays. Took Baltimore, but slept through AZ damnit. Did take GB at the half so I ended up going 3 - 0...but still feels like I could have done more.

Just took Santa Clara +13 because my buddy likes (not loves) them. I'll also put a little on Oregon State because it's on the tube.

WE MOVE ON.

I like Arizona already for next week. And Dallas...

Let me see if I understand this. GB is -2' at AZ. That's -8' on their home field in GB.

Now the Saints are -7 on their home field off a bye. The oddsmakers are telling us they think GB should be favored over the Saints by 1' pts on a neutral field. I don't know, but a 14-2 team on a neutral field should not be underdogs to a 10-6 WC team.

Either the Saints line this week needs to be higher or the Pack should not have been -2' at AZ this week. The answer is probably somewhere in between, but either way something is off.

Let me see if I understand this. GB is -2' at AZ. That's -8' on their home field in GB. Now the Saints are -7 on their home field off a bye. The oddsmakers are telling us they think GB should be favored over the Saints by 1' pts on a neutral field. I don't know, but a 14-2 team on a neutral field should not be underdogs to a 10-6 WC team. Either the Saints line this week needs to be higher or the Pack should not have been -2' at AZ this week. The answer is probably somewhere in between, but either way something is off.
Green Bay was only -2.5 because every amateur in the world thought they'd easily win. I think you'll have to use the opening line for this logic to work. They started at +2 or so meaning they'd be -4 on their home field. Meaning the Saints are 3-points better than the Packers on a neutral field, which is probably close. Green Bay shouldn't have been -2.5; the betting public drove them up to an incorrect price.

Let me see if I understand this. GB is -2' at AZ. That's -8' on their home field in GB. Now the Saints are -7 on their home field off a bye. The oddsmakers are telling us they think GB should be favored over the Saints by 1' pts on a neutral field. I don't know, but a 14-2 team on a neutral field should not be underdogs to a 10-6 WC team. Either the Saints line this week needs to be higher or the Pack should not have been -2' at AZ this week. The answer is probably somewhere in between, but either way something is off.
Green Bay was only -2.5 because every amateur in the world thought they'd easily win. I think you'll have to use the opening line for this logic to work. They started at +2 or so meaning they'd be -4 on their home field. Meaning the Saints are 3-points better than the Packers on a neutral field, which is probably close. Green Bay shouldn't have been -2.5; the betting public drove them up to an incorrect price.
Very good points here and I would have to agree with you. What should this NO/AZ line be in your mind?

Very good points here and I would have to agree with you. What should this NO/AZ line be in your mind?
With New Orleans not having won a game since mid December and the Cardinals just beating everyone's dark horse, I don't think you can make the line more than 7. Anything over 7 gets all Arizona action plus opens it up to NO teasers and 10 is simply way too much for a team that hasn't won a game by double digits in 6 games going up against last year's NFC super bowl participant.7 is the only option here I think.

Let me see if I understand this. GB is -2' at AZ. That's -8' on their home field in GB.

Now the Saints are -7 on their home field off a bye. The oddsmakers are telling us they think GB should be favored over the Saints by 1' pts on a neutral field. I don't know, but a 14-2 team on a neutral field should not be underdogs to a 10-6 WC team.

Either the Saints line this week needs to be higher or the Pack should not have been -2' at AZ this week. The answer is probably somewhere in between, but either way something is off.
With New Orleans not having won a game since mid December and the Cardinals just beating everyone's dark horse, I don't think you can make the line more than 7. Anything over 7 gets all Arizona action plus opens it up to NO teasers and 10 is simply way too much for a team that hasn't won a game by double digits in 6 games going up against last year's NFC super bowl participant.7 is the only option here I think.
it's tease-able at 7

lumpy19 said:
Warehouse Nasty said:
MarshallPlan said:
Warehouse Nasty said:
MarshallPlan said:

it's tease-able at 7
that's what I'll tell myself to help me sleep at night at least,

Sebowski said:
modogg said:
John Bender said:

:bag: And for the 2nd week in a row, i get the MMA bets to bail out the NFL picks. hoping for the same luck tomorrow. I was following along with play-by-play and i was a little worried after the first 2.

Sebowski said:
modogg said:
John Bender said:

:bag: And for the 2nd week in a row, i get the MMA bets to bail out the NFL picks. hoping for the same luck tomorrow. I was following along with play-by-play and i was a little worried after the first 2.
Nice job mo...Get your butt in here tomorrow before the UFC Fight Night and let's see what we like as a consensus. I also need to make up for a horrible weekend on NFL props.

Nice job mo...Get your butt in here tomorrow before the UFC Fight Night and let's see what we like as a consensus. I also need to make up for a horrible weekend on NFL props.
we'll try, the lines are pretty good. right now i lean with Sadollah, Silva (sorry, but i don't trust Leben for anything and Silva took the CB fight on a week's notice), and one or 2 others. will look into some more though

Users who are viewing this thread