What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (5 Viewers)

#10 Scheduling

Make plans with your number two girl as early in the week as possible. The earlier you make the plans the better. You will provide her something to look forward to and give the illusion that she is your top priority. Her resulting enthusiasm will compound continuously throughout the week. Keep her expectations low and scheduling as simple as possible by reserving all spontaneous plans for your number one girl.
#9 SaturdaysDrink hard liquor when you wake up on Saturday. Because you have already made nighttime plans w number two and it takes the edge off whenever number three hangs around too long during the day.
#8Make your 31 year old immigrant girlfriend a mix cd of Mark McGrath's greatest hits.

#10 Scheduling

Make plans with your number two girl as early in the week as possible. The earlier you make the plans the better. You will provide her something to look forward to and give the illusion that she is your top priority. Her resulting enthusiasm will compound continuously throughout the week. Keep her expectations low and scheduling as simple as possible by reserving all spontaneous plans for your number one girl.
#9 SaturdaysDrink hard liquor when you wake up on Saturday. Because you have already made nighttime plans w number two and it takes the edge off whenever number three hangs around too long during the day.
#8Make your 31 year old immigrant girlfriend a mix cd of Mark McGrath's greatest hits.
Every morning there's a halo hanging from the corner of your girlfriend's four post bed?

'Raider Nation said:
Northern Illinois is a gift at +15 in the Orange Bowl.I don't have any clients, but if I did I would also advise a ML play at +500.
I'm with u like northern Illinois tonightDon't have any other bets on today's games which really sucks

Les Miles is a mother ####### idiot. I know in the grand scheme of things the game doesn't mean anything, but how do you consistently #### the clock up for literally 2 minutes+ on 3 different drives :rant:

'Raider Nation said:
Northern Illinois is a gift at +15 in the Orange Bowl.

I don't have any clients, but if I did I would also advise a ML play at +500.
Couldn't disagree more. I may be biased.
Never underestimate motivation. The Huskies have been told for weeks that they don't belong here.They are a solid football team -- I don't care what conference they play in.
The noles have been told for weeks that they are going to be beat by a nobody team.TIA to espn for the impending blowout. Fsu shows up for bowls.

Ask Notre Dame.
:lol: The beat an 8-5 Irish team 18-14. Impressive.
Haven't lost since! :) dunno man, just think fsu has more horses and will be motivated. I'm probably wrong. I got fsu -13.5

'Raider Nation said:
Northern Illinois is a gift at +15 in the Orange Bowl.

I don't have any clients, but if I did I would also advise a ML play at +500.
Couldn't disagree more. I may be biased.
Never underestimate motivation. The Huskies have been told for weeks that they don't belong here.They are a solid football team -- I don't care what conference they play in.
The noles have been told for weeks that they are going to be beat by a nobody team.TIA to espn for the impending blowout. Fsu shows up for bowls.

Ask Notre Dame.
:lol: The beat an 8-5 Irish team 18-14. Impressive.
Haven't lost since! :) dunno man, just think fsu has more horses and will be motivated. I'm probably wrong. I got fsu -13.5
13.5 seems ok. the line is now at -14.5 I cant stand laying more than two TDs

Not a lot early. I've got the following at a 1/2 unit each:

Wisconsin ML +165

NU/UGA under 62

Purdue/Okie St. over 69

I have a full unit on

Wisconsin/Stanford under 47

And I have an 8 team parlay of:

Purdue/Okie St. over 69

Northwestern -1

Michigan +5

NU/UGA under 62

NU +270

Wisconsin +165

Wisconsin/Stanford under 47

N. Illinois +14

I've got a couple of other plays in mind. I missed N. Illinois at +14 1/2 earlier this morning. If I get that hook I'll play the Huskies. I'll also be looking to play Wisconsin on some quarter lines once they get posted. I don't want to play the -125 vig at +6 which is what the game total is right now on Bovada.

A few "look ahead" plays in CBB today where the underdogs could be solid looks. I played the following:

Yale +19 @ Iowa St. Cyclones looking ahead to playing at KU, how motivated will they be on New Years Day?

IUPUI +22 1/2 @ Maryland

Citadel +22 @ Clemson

Both Maryland and Clemson start ACC play after these letdown spots

76-76-4 -5.1 units

I'm mostly like Ref with the chalkies besides Northwestern, and they should be the chalk in that game from what i've seen of those two this yr. Not that this is saying much, but NW was a break or two away from winning the conference. Miss st was slightly above average in the best conference, but showed alot of weakness in many areas. Maybe the competition made them look that way, I dunno. I know i usually have a slight midwest (big 10,mac)bias, but i've sold myself on a NW win with a good amount of points scored.

Other chalkies Cocks, Georgia, and Stanford. Big ten goes 1-3. Northwestern with the weakest foe of all the big ten matchups. Purdue has no defense, the rain will only make it worse on them. I'm with the shermanator here too, OKie St.over Purdue 64-31.

'Raider Nation said:
Northern Illinois is a gift at +15 in the Orange Bowl.I don't have any clients, but if I did I would also advise a ML play at +500.
This would be a hell of a call if it hits. I don't think no I'll can win, but I now think they will cover.

Happy New Year, (de)Gents!

Been having connectivity issues since mid-December. Sorry was unable to advise backing up USC/Tulsa Teaser with Tulsa straight bet...and of course, in a perfect world, that would have been the other way around...

...just got on. I'm already on Okie St. -17, and Miss. St. ML...

My biggest play today is going to be 6 point college football teaser, even money: Michigan +10.5 / Wisconsin-Stanford UNDER 53. 1.5u now, may bump it up to 3u, I like it that much...

In a much, much smaller play, I'm going to add Nebraska to that, and probably pay some extra juice buying points. I don't care.

Still looking at Orange Bowl.

Good Luck!

A few "look ahead" plays in CBB today where the underdogs could be solid looks. I played the following:Yale +19 @ Iowa St. Cyclones looking ahead to playing at KU, how motivated will they be on New Years Day?IUPUI +22 1/2 @ MarylandCitadel +22 @ ClemsonBoth Maryland and Clemson start ACC play after these letdown spots76-76-4 -5.1 units
Good call on yale

if you have a betonline acct....stanford -3 -120 for all the marbles......then i'm taking all those marbles and putting them on northern ill

'optionmaven said:
'Raider Nation said:
Merry New Yr first off to all my FFAWT friends and family. GO NORTHWESTERN AND OVER, AND OKIE ST./PURDUE OVER. GL ALL.
YEEEEEEHAAAWWWWWW. 15 unit loss on the Hilltoppers made up and surpassed. Glad i didn't take my ball and go home like i originally planned. Purdue should have made that over much easier than it was. Thanking the mississippi state qb for helping us get the over on that one too.

7 of the 8 wins:Purdue PITT Air ForceNavyWake ForestMarylandBC
Doesn't Northern Illinois fit well with this group?
I'm not sure if you saw the context of that, but it was in reply to a previous post by nugs ... "Ask Notre Dame if Florida State shows up for Bowl games" or something like that. I was simply pointing out that beating the 2011 version of the Irish wasn't exactly a noteworthy achievement.

Long-time suffering diehard Northwestern grad .... finally got a bowl win :banned:
Fitz is the Man!! Changing up with the qb's was a monster balled move. Just awesome for the program and getting better recruits will be easier now. Congrats and tipping a Newcastle with you. :thumbup: :banned:

Tailing Lumpy and RN on the Huskies tonight.
I love being sober...Normally I wake up on New Years Day and play every over, and get my ass handed to me.

Today... overs coming in ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

Might as well play o47 in Stanford/WISC, fellas. It's the Gambling Gods mocking me.

I'm not sure if you saw the context of that, but it was in reply to a previous post by nugs ... "Ask Notre Dame if Florida State shows up for Bowl games" or something like that. I was simply pointing out that beating the 2011 version of the Irish wasn't exactly a noteworthy achievement.
I did. But they are 7-0-1 in their last 8 bowl games against some lower tier teams. Seems like they do get up for the games regardless of the opponent so I don't think they take Northern lightly here.I don't know what side to play, personally. I'm not that crazy about Northern though. Seems like a team that could be overwhelmed by the big stage, and they've already exceeded everyon'e expectations just getting to this game.

if you have a betonline acct....stanford -3 -120 for all the marbles......then i'm taking all those marbles and putting them on northern ill
Better if bet it then...that Rose Bowl is going to have 900 commercial breaks.If Stanford -3 (-120) wins, bet newfound marbles on NIU +15

I did. But they are 7-0-1 in their last 8 bowl games against some lower tier teams. Seems like they do get up for the games regardless of the opponent so I don't think they take Northern lightly here.I don't know what side to play, personally. I'm not that crazy about Northern though. Seems like a team that could be overwhelmed by the big stage, and they've already exceeded everyon'e expectations just getting to this game.
Big NIU backer throughought the yr. I thought the line would be about 10 not that it matters much. FSU has alot more team speed across the board. I'd imagine a little bigger and physical up front than any team NIU has faced this yr. NIU defense not anything special. Its there offense that got them here. If FSU has a spy on Jordan Lynch the whole game and physically wears them down with their defensive line, they could be hard pressed to score.

I love being sober...Normally I wake up on New Years Day and play every over, and get my ass handed to me.

Might as well play o47 in Stanford/WISC, fellas. It's the Gambling Gods mocking me.
'Doctor Detroit said:
Adding Wisconsin/Stanford OVER 47.5 also.
And Stanford -4

Do we have your blessing on Oregon/KState over 75.5?? Looking to fill out a 4 team RR with something.

Do we have your blessing on Oregon/KState over 75.5?? Looking to fill out a 4 team RR with something.
Remember the Cardinals +10!!!!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread