What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (5 Viewers)

Quick look at the next two bowl games: tomorrow night, Kellen's last game and ASU has an out-going coaching staff. How badly do they really want to play this game. Tempted to bang Boise State BIG.

Then on Saturday, I am really liking the over in the Nevada/S. Miss game. S. Miss -6.5 also. They should go up and down the field.

Quick look at the next two bowl games: tomorrow night, Kellen's last game and ASU has an out-going coaching staff. How badly do they really want to play this game. Tempted to bang Boise State BIG.Then on Saturday, I am really liking the over in the Nevada/S. Miss game. S. Miss -6.5 also. They should go up and down the field.
I like boise as well... BSU -7 / LSU +7 - 1u

How do you not like Rutgers over ISU when they are almost playing on their home field? I don't think there will be more than a dozen non-friends and family ISU supporters there.

I went to ISU and think those Iowa boys will be overwhelmed in New York City. Maybe coach will have the kids measure out the 10 yard markers. :lmao:

I don't feel like putting a lot on it, but I did a unit on Rutgers -.5 after buying a point (-130).

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone betting on the college hoop games this afternoon? Loyola is going to get throttled right? That 8-2 record is all fluff but don't know if I can pull the trigger on -24.5.

The word I'm getting from my TCU insiders is that they are in complete "don't want to be there" mode and have put minimum effort into prep and are focusing on getting next year's team reps. FWIW YWIA HTH GTG
figured this might be the case. good stuff.
I think this is the foundation for the dogs before 12/31 chalk afterwards theory.
yep, my buddy and I have been following this for awhile (he's more tuned in than I am). BUT, inside info is always good stuff. See Boise tonight. Any of those guys tweeting "this is gay"? ;)

Boise as big chalk in a craptastic disappointment bowl.Gotta take the points, no?
AND everyone is on Boise and the Over. :unsure:
The difference between Boise and a team like TCU is, Boise seems to take all these games extremely seriously. Dogs are 4-1 going into this game for the bowl season but chalk will rise the next two games IMO, Boise should probably put it on ASU. Plus Erickson coached teams play undisiplined and sloppy games, just what Boise State feeds off of. 45-21 Boise

Boise as big chalk in a craptastic disappointment bowl.Gotta take the points, no?
The difference between Boise and a team like TCU is, Boise seems to take all these games extremely seriously. Dogs are 4-1 going into this game for the bowl season but chalk will rise the next two games IMO, Boise should probably put it on ASU. Plus Erickson coached teams play undisiplined and sloppy games, just what Boise State feeds off of. 45-21 Boise
I completely agree that Boise should destroy them. But more often than not, when I think this it doesn't happen.I am essentially fading my gut on this one. :unsure:

Random thoughts from fellow degen. Indy won their superbowl last week. Is there anyway this is a competitive game tonight? I don't think so. Talk me out of a big play on the Texans. Clippers/Warriors game taken off the board on Christmas day after line moved to clips -3.5. Clips were +2 i believe before the trade. Have they looked that good together in the preseason? Liking the home dog and the over, which was at an astronomical 215.5 before taken off the board. Finally, I have been so intune with the blackhawks for the last couple of weeks (ml,puckline, and the o/u), I feel I can come out here and give some touts on them when the time is right. Time for me to give some back to you boys who have helped my bankroll so much. GRACIAS!!

I completely agree that Boise should destroy them. But more often than not, when I think this it doesn't happen.I am essentially fading my gut on this one. :unsure:
Good points, DD. I concur, and I'm heavy in on Boise St. -14.I liken Arizona St. to a rudderless ship right now. Agree about Erickson coached teams playing style, and that kind of team basically falling into Boise St.s wheelhouse of the kind of opponent they shred. There are all kinds of locker-room issues going on with Az. St. right now. Vontaze Burfict, their dynamo DE/OLB leads a Defense that's been in a tailspin for the last 1/2 of the season. Burfict was a preaseason all-American coming off a great 2011, but isn't playing at that level, and has increasingly looked like a $1000 talent with a .10 head. Season ending game vs California, Burfict committed 2 personal fouls, and was benched, and Erickson demoted him to the 2nd Team defense in all the Bowl practices, with the caveat that his maturity and intensity would determine his status for the game. Apparently he hasn't handled that very well, and he's in right in the eye of the hurricane brewing between the players and players/coaches. Not good.Arizona St.'s offense is having trouble as well. WR Jamal Miles is out. Az. St.'s a good running team, but not only was Miles a solid downfield blocker, he was a key contributor 29/237.Of course, Boise St. has All American QB Kellen Moore, but no one talks about how good their Defense is. Boise only lost one game, to TCU, and only by 3 points, and they played that game without their far and away best CB James Taylor, and the other starting CB got knocked out during the game. Taylor is back for this one. With him in, the Defense held some very solid passing teams well below their per-game averages.So Boise is a 3-point loss to TCU away from playing in a BCS Bowl, and possibly in the National Championship, and instead they're playing on December 22, which looks like a classic letdown situation, which is a solid Bowl play. Thing is, Boise has been here before, and typically play with a 'prove you were wrong' attitude. Just last year, they beat Utah 26-3 as a 17 point favorite, in exactly the same spot. Boise plays to win, and gets up for all games.The only thing to be concerned about here is that Boise frequently gets significantly up on teams and then pulls it's starters, and the backups don't score as much, and give up points, which threatens backdoor cover by the dog. I think the 'prove you were wrong' thing plays against that, though.This O/U is going through the roof too, up to 68 last I checked. That's an awfully big number in the sense that based on what they've been able to generate this season, it's tough to imagine Arizona State doing their part to score enough to take this over.If the line stayed at 14, and that total climbed to 70, I'd put every cent in my bankroll on a Boise St. -7 / UNDER 77 7-point teaser. Eight TD, sure. Nine, maybe. Ten is pushing it, though, and 11 is ridiculous.Good Luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be on the over tonight in the ASU/boise game, no clue on the side. I thought I bet the over at 65 but can't find the wager anyhwere so I missed it, now i'm hoping to see it bounce back down before gametime :wall:

I'm on the kevin walter train tonight

o2.5(-170) at 5dimes

o3 -105 at bookmaker

o3 -105 at jazz

o30.5 rec yards at 5dimes

also like garcon o4rec, yates o17.5 comp(-140) and o19comp +125 and o195.5 passing yards

I like EDM TT U 2.5 this evening but only if Backstrom is in Goal for the Wild. Here is his GA vs EDM in their last 15 games against him. 2011/2012 1,1,2...2010/2011 2,2,1,1,2...2009/2010 1,2,4(happened on 4/5/10).... 2008/2009 1,2,0,2.

I'm on the kevin walter train tonighto2.5(-170) at 5dimeso3 -105 at bookmakero3 -105 at jazzo30.5 rec yards at 5dimesalso like garcon o4rec, yates o17.5 comp(-140) and o19comp +125 and o195.5 passing yards
With Daniels banged up...it'll probably be Walter and Dreessen tonight...just my guess.

The only thing to be concerned about here is that Boise frequently gets significantly up on teams and then pulls it's starters, and the backups don't score as much, and give up points, which threatens backdoor cover by the dog.
That's why you always play Boise for the 1st half, rookie. ;)

Pre-new years day dogs have typically been pretty good. I laid chalk last night and lost, laid chalk with Temple and won, but on the other three games I played dog + pts and ML. I think ML dogs are a pretty good bet - you really don't know what you may get. I think the pts are the play tonight, and maybe some ML.

Houston is now a qualified teaser leg :loco:

hou

oak

buf

ten

nyg

was

car

sd

sea

phi

no

11 teams, 165 combos....going to wait til closer to gametime to make sure houston stays in and then put in all the hou legs tonight

'culdeus said:
'lumpy19 said:
going to wait til closer to gametime to make sure houston stays in and then put in all the hou legs tonight
what is rationale here? Don't want it to flip during entry?
road team, rookie qb, nationally televised game, favored by almost a TD on the road, want to make sure the line is for real. Now that it's at 7 I have no doubt

We're on fiiiiiiiiiiiiire

2u Minnesota -11

2u New Mexico -24

2u St. Mary's +3

1u George Washington -3.5

1u Gonzaga -17.5

1u Utah St -1.5

1u UNC-Greensboro +13

YTD 80-81 -6.6u

Users who are viewing this thread