What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA's Worst Beer - Round 1 - Heineken vs. the Rock (1 Viewer)

Which beer is the worst?

• #1 Heineken

Votes: 80 64.5%
  • #16 Rolling Rock

Votes: 44 35.5%

• Total voters

flysack

Footballguy
Battle of the green bottles. Euro trash vs. Pennsylvanian staple brew.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are almost the same swill masquerading as cool / hip / better than bud. They aren't. And bud absolutely sucks.

Hate to see one of these two not advance as they both taste like urine. Don't ask how I know.

I do not understand the hate for Heineken. I like Heineken, Grolsch, Becks, St. Pauli girl etc... How can you not love the subtle cannabis undertones?

I do not understand the hate for Heineken. I like Heineken, Grolsch, Becks, St. Pauli girl etc... How can you not love the subtle cannabis undertones?
Backs is pretty good, Becks Dark ( the original recipe as I think it changed) was great when beer was still very limited in selection. Grolsch is meh at best... It's just a cool bottle thingy. I do like a nice St P from time to time.

But heiny is just that

poor choice for early matchup. they are similar.
THIS
i like them both. i fell in love with skunky pilsners early on.

props to heineken for being one of the earliest imports avalible in the u.s. .r.r is relatively new to these parts, so it is still sort of a novelty.
Here we agree - 180 degrees apart. I can't stand either and both would likely advance to the next round for me against just about any other beer.

Heineken is not a bad beer - I've just had too much of it, so I voted for it because I just can't take it anymore. Same goes for RR but I've had less of it and like Heiney it's not a bad standby in a pinch. I voted for Heineken.

Can't vote against the nostalgia of cheap "6 rocks in a bucket" deals at college bars. Cheap six pack in a iron bucket packed with ice.

No schtick, I was the head brewmeister for Rolling Rock for a short time in the 90s.
:bs:
True story. It was almost a full 24 hours, over a Sunday that they were not operating. (Fired some staff on a Friday, new guys didn't start til Monday. No operations over the weekend, when my buddy happened to be working the marina where one of the senior-executive-types was taking his boat out for the weekend. As a joking 'thank you' to my buddy, the senior-executive-type gave my buddy an honorary title at the brewery for the day. My buddy immediately named me as his head brewmeister. I no longer list this job on my resume.)

Rock is drinkable when its cold and I am thirsty on a hot day.

Heineken is never drinkable at any point regardless of temperature or thirst. Hence, I voted for Heineken.

Heineken is the only beer I've ever tasted that is brewed to be intentionally skunked. Don't think I ever drank a bottle and thought it was clean or crisp or thirst-quenching or good. That stuff sucks and for $8.99 a sixer it's like being robbed when you checkout at the register.

RR, on the other hand, ain't bad and to me it's what Heineken wishes it were. Of course I drink the Green Light so that may be a difference as well. Price is right to boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
dutch said:
Heineken is the only beer I've ever tasted that is brewed to be intentionally skunked. Don't think I ever drank a bottle and thought it was clean or crisp or thirst-quenching or good. That stuff sucks and for $8.99 a sixer it's like being robbed when you checkout at the register.

RR, on the other hand, ain't bad and to me it's what Heineken wishes it were. Of course I drink the Green Light so that may be a difference as well. Price is right to boot.
They sell it in cans you know..

Users who are viewing this thread