What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFOC $1,000,000 (1 Viewer)

Abby`s DadRound 1: Brian WestbrookRound 2: Terrell OwensRound 3: Jamal LewisRound 4: Santonio HolmesRound 5: Anquan BoldinRound 6: Willie ParkerRound 7: Matt SchaubRound 8: Jake DelhommeRound 9: Aaron RodgersRound 10: LenDale WhiteRound 11: Owen DanielsRound 12: Chris JohnsonRound 13: Buffalo BillsRound 14: Reggie WilliamsRound 15: Stephen GostkowskiRound 16: Kevin WalterRound 17: Zach MillerRound 18: New York JetsRound 19: Eddie RoyalRound 20: Andre Hall
First 9 rounds are a solid draft. The rest of it is marred by the fact you wait till round 14 to pick up your 4th receiver. This is a guy who will you expect to start 2 regular season games and your Championship game right now. Instead you picked your 4th and 5th RBs when you already have your 3rd QB (which essentially fills your flex spot with a QB every week), when you already have a solid option at the 3 spot. I keep seeing this in drafts people post, its probably an artifact of normal scarcity in RBs, but with two spots and QBs at the flex and 3 WRs they are not going to be as valuable. Not to mention you have a 9 week season, much less time for these situations to shake themselves out and let you take advantage of the value you found.
Honestly, probably the best critique I've ever received. I could never seem to find (what I considered) value at WR where I wanted it. I thought getting the Tenn running game was good, but after I was just shaking my head. I had targets at WR and got them, but think I made the mistake of focusing on my targets instead of what the draft gave me. I saw that with other teams too and chuckled to myself about it. Physician heal thyself.I am happy with my starting WRs, my TEs, my QBs (really happy, believe it or not), and my RBs should produce. I think I can win the league by staying on top of it, but this is not a Vegas team (yet).Thanks for the response.
Your welcome, just focus your ww attention on WRs, don't overspend on anyone but a WR. Your big concern is getting a starter for week 10 so Check out Denver's receivers (the play the Browns) NO and Atlanta play each other, Seattle has Miami and Houston has Cinci.

Abby`s DadRound 1: Brian WestbrookRound 2: Terrell OwensRound 3: Jamal LewisRound 4: Santonio HolmesRound 5: Anquan BoldinRound 6: Willie ParkerRound 7: Matt SchaubRound 8: Jake DelhommeRound 9: Aaron RodgersRound 10: LenDale WhiteRound 11: Owen DanielsRound 12: Chris JohnsonRound 13: Buffalo BillsRound 14: Reggie WilliamsRound 15: Stephen GostkowskiRound 16: Kevin WalterRound 17: Zach MillerRound 18: New York JetsRound 19: Eddie RoyalRound 20: Andre Hall
First 9 rounds are a solid draft. The rest of it is marred by the fact you wait till round 14 to pick up your 4th receiver. This is a guy who will you expect to start 2 regular season games and your Championship game right now. Instead you picked your 4th and 5th RBs when you already have your 3rd QB (which essentially fills your flex spot with a QB every week), when you already have a solid option at the 3 spot. I keep seeing this in drafts people post, its probably an artifact of normal scarcity in RBs, but with two spots and QBs at the flex and 3 WRs they are not going to be as valuable. Not to mention you have a 9 week season, much less time for these situations to shake themselves out and let you take advantage of the value you found.
Honestly, probably the best critique I've ever received. I could never seem to find (what I considered) value at WR where I wanted it. I thought getting the Tenn running game was good, but after I was just shaking my head. I had targets at WR and got them, but think I made the mistake of focusing on my targets instead of what the draft gave me. I saw that with other teams too and chuckled to myself about it. Physician heal thyself.I am happy with my starting WRs, my TEs, my QBs (really happy, believe it or not), and my RBs should produce. I think I can win the league by staying on top of it, but this is not a Vegas team (yet).Thanks for the response.
Your welcome, just focus your ww attention on WRs, don't overspend on anyone but a WR. Your big concern is getting a starter for week 10 so Check out Denver's receivers (the play the Browns) NO and Atlanta play each other, Seattle has Miami and Houston has Cinci.
So I'm in pretty good shape (right now) with Walter and Royal (Houston and Denver). I really liked the analysis of my draft mistakes. I have one left, so thanks.

omfg, i think i had an aneurysm when i drafted this squad. Its the only excuse i can come up with for making so many bad decisions. From the 9 spot:

Round 1 : Peyton Manning

Round 2 : Tony Romo

Round 3 : Brandon Jacobs

Round 4 : Darren McFadden

Round 5 : Anquan Boldin

Round 6 : Kellen Winslow Jr

Round 7 : Roy Williams

Round 8 : Jake Delhomme

Round 9 : Hines Ward

Round 10 : Jonathan Stewart

Round 11 : Vincent Jackson

Round 12 : Rashard Mendenhall

Round 13 : Deuce McAllister

Round 14 : Devin Hester

Round 15 : Jerious Norwood

Round 16 : Pittsburgh Steelers

Round 17 : Carolina Panthers

Round 18 : Ben Watson

Round 19 : Sidney Rice

Round 20 : Mason Crosby

This whole thing happened after i convinced myself that Moss couldnt possibly repeat last years performance (skip him in RD 1) AND that Barber and Portis are over-hyped this year (skip them in RD 2). Hence my QB-QB start and subsequent free fall into madness. Talk me off the ledge...

omfg, i think i had an aneurysm when i drafted this squad. Its the only excuse i can come up with for making so many bad decisions. From the 9 spot:Round 1 : Peyton ManningRound 2 : Tony RomoRound 3 : Brandon JacobsRound 4 : Darren McFaddenRound 5 : Anquan BoldinRound 6 : Kellen Winslow JrRound 7 : Roy WilliamsRound 8 : Jake DelhommeRound 9 : Hines WardRound 10 : Jonathan StewartRound 11 : Vincent JacksonRound 12 : Rashard MendenhallRound 13 : Deuce McAllisterRound 14 : Devin HesterRound 15 : Jerious NorwoodRound 16 : Pittsburgh SteelersRound 17 : Carolina PanthersRound 18 : Ben WatsonRound 19 : Sidney RiceRound 20 : Mason CrosbyThis whole thing happened after i convinced myself that Moss couldnt possibly repeat last years performance (skip him in RD 1) AND that Barber and Portis are over-hyped this year (skip them in RD 2). Hence my QB-QB start and subsequent free fall into madness. Talk me off the ledge...
This helps me a bit as I am drafting out of the 10th spot and I have been using the Draft Dominator to hopefully help me get an early round strategy. It always seems that most of the rounds are dictated by all the others but the early round strategy sets your team up. I was thinking of taking advantage of the QB flex position by drafting 2 QB's like you but it looks like you lack at other positions when you do this. Any advice you (especially after your draft) or anyone in here could give me, I would really appreciate it.

omfg, i think i had an aneurysm when i drafted this squad. Its the only excuse i can come up with for making so many bad decisions. From the 9 spot:Round 1 : Peyton ManningRound 2 : Tony RomoRound 3 : Brandon JacobsRound 4 : Darren McFaddenRound 5 : Anquan BoldinRound 6 : Kellen Winslow JrRound 7 : Roy WilliamsRound 8 : Jake DelhommeRound 9 : Hines WardRound 10 : Jonathan StewartRound 11 : Vincent JacksonRound 12 : Rashard MendenhallRound 13 : Deuce McAllisterRound 14 : Devin HesterRound 15 : Jerious NorwoodRound 16 : Pittsburgh SteelersRound 17 : Carolina PanthersRound 18 : Ben WatsonRound 19 : Sidney RiceRound 20 : Mason CrosbyThis whole thing happened after i convinced myself that Moss couldnt possibly repeat last years performance (skip him in RD 1) AND that Barber and Portis are over-hyped this year (skip them in RD 2). Hence my QB-QB start and subsequent free fall into madness. Talk me off the ledge...
I actually like this team. You should end up with 2 of the Top 5 QB. I think you reached on Brandon Jacobs for a FFOC draft but if McFadden and Jonathan Stewart pan out, you should be alright. Boldin/Roy were great value for a WR combo even though your WR3 spot is weak. I think I would have passed on Delhomme in Round 8 for a better WR or RB, since you already had the Manning/Romo combo and waited until late for QB3.

TwinTurbo said:
hotdogcollars said:
omfg, i think i had an aneurysm when i drafted this squad. Its the only excuse i can come up with for making so many bad decisions. From the 9 spot:Round 1 : Peyton ManningRound 2 : Tony RomoRound 3 : Brandon JacobsRound 4 : Darren McFaddenRound 5 : Anquan BoldinRound 6 : Kellen Winslow JrRound 7 : Roy WilliamsRound 8 : Jake DelhommeRound 9 : Hines WardRound 10 : Jonathan StewartThis whole thing happened after i convinced myself that Moss couldnt possibly repeat last years performance (skip him in RD 1) AND that Barber and Portis are over-hyped this year (skip them in RD 2). Hence my QB-QB start and subsequent free fall into madness. Talk me off the ledge...
I actually like this team. You should end up with 2 of the Top 5 QB. I think you reached on Brandon Jacobs for a FFOC draft but if McFadden and Jonathan Stewart pan out, you should be alright. Boldin/Roy were great value for a WR combo even though your WR3 spot is weak. I think I would have passed on Delhomme in Round 8 for a better WR or RB, since you already had the Manning/Romo combo and waited until late for QB3.
Thanks, i'm feeling a little better about this squad today. I think i just went through one of those panic moments since it was SO far removed from any kind of draft i've ever done before. Definitely a lot f risk/reward, but i was in a gambling mood last night

Last edited by a moderator:
Fanatics said:
This helps me a bit as I am drafting out of the 10th spot and I have been using the Draft Dominator to hopefully help me get an early round strategy. It always seems that most of the rounds are dictated by all the others but the early round strategy sets your team up. I was thinking of taking advantage of the QB flex position by drafting 2 QB's like you but it looks like you lack at other positions when you do this. Any advice you (especially after your draft) or anyone in here could give me, I would really appreciate it.
Looking back now, it actually would have worked out VERY well for me if a couple of other picks would've fallen into place. For example, B Marshall was taken 1 pick before i took K2. If i could have snagged Marshall, my WRs would be solid 1 through 3. Then Ricky Williams was scooped 2 picks before i took Delhomme and there was a HUGE run on QBs that round. I figured that, with Romo, i needed to cover the week 10 bye. I was going to wait for Favre or Schaub as they have nice week 10 matchups. But, amazingly they were taken in Rd 8 before me. So i admit i reached on my QB3, but i felt that i needed to cover Romo's bye week (champ game).So, to summarize, i think this strategy can work very well. BUT, a LOT of things have to fall into place during the draftETA, the guy in the 10 spot in this league picked up TO an MOSS. Here's his squad:1 :Randy Moss2 :Terrell Owens3 :Michael Turner4 :Selvin Young5 :Steve Smith6 :Antonio Gates7 :Matt Schaub8 :Chris Perry9 :Kurt Warner10 :Matt Forte11 :Reggie Williams12 :Chris Johnson13 :Seattle Seahawks14 :Greg Olsen15 :Tampa Bay Buccaneers16 :Shayne Graham17 :Adrian Peterson18 :Justin Gage19 :Robbie Gould20 :Michael Jenkins

I did a number of these. I think the best one was, from the #6 pick:

Round 1 : QB Tom Brady

Round 2 : RB Marshawn Lynch

Round 3 : WR Andre Johnson

Round 4 : RB Michael Turner

Round 5 : WR Torry Holt

Round 6 : WR Roy Williams

Round 7 : WR Chad Ocho Cinco

Round 8 : RB Matt Forte

Round 9 : RB Fred Taylor

Round 10 : QB Vince Young

Round 11 : WR Chris Chambers

Round 12 : TE Chris Cooley

Round 13 : RB Chris Perry

Round 14 : TE Tony Scheffler

Round 15 : RB Kenny Watson

Round 16 : QB JaMarcus Russell

Round 17 : TDSP Tennessee Titans

Round 18 : WR Derrick Mason

Round 19 : K Shayne Graham

Round 20 : TDSP Buffalo Bills

I did a number of these. I think the best one was, from the #6 pick: Round 1 : QB Tom Brady Round 2 : RB Marshawn Lynch Round 3 : WR Andre Johnson Round 4 : RB Michael Turner Round 5 : WR Torry Holt Round 6 : WR Roy Williams Round 7 : WR Chad Ocho Cinco Round 8 : RB Matt Forte Round 9 : RB Fred Taylor Round 10 : QB Vince Young Round 11 : WR Chris Chambers Round 12 : TE Chris Cooley Round 13 : RB Chris Perry Round 14 : TE Tony Scheffler Round 15 : RB Kenny Watson Round 16 : QB JaMarcus Russell Round 17 : TDSP Tennessee Titans Round 18 : WR Derrick Mason Round 19 : K Shayne Graham Round 20 : TDSP Buffalo Bills
That is a super strong team. You stole Holt, CJ, and Perry. I'm still suprised CJ is dropping so far in the FFOC drafts I've seen.

Fanatics said:
Looking back now, it actually would have worked out VERY well for me if a couple of other picks would've fallen into place. For example, B Marshall was taken 1 pick before i took K2. If i could have snagged Marshall, my WRs would be solid 1 through 3. Then Ricky Williams was scooped 2 picks before i took Delhomme and there was a HUGE run on QBs that round. I figured that, with Romo, i needed to cover the week 10 bye. I was going to wait for Favre or Schaub as they have nice week 10 matchups. But, amazingly they were taken in Rd 8 before me. So i admit i reached on my QB3, but i felt that i needed to cover Romo's bye week (champ game).So, to summarize, i think this strategy can work very well. BUT, a LOT of things have to fall into place during the draftETA, the guy in the 10 spot in this league picked up TO an MOSS. Here's his squad:1 :Randy Moss2 :Terrell Owens3 :Michael Turner4 :Selvin Young5 :Steve Smith6 :Antonio Gates7 :Matt Schaub8 :Chris Perry9 :Kurt Warner10 :Matt Forte11 :Reggie Williams12 :Chris Johnson13 :Seattle Seahawks14 :Greg Olsen15 :Tampa Bay Buccaneers16 :Shayne Graham17 :Adrian Peterson18 :Justin Gage19 :Robbie Gould20 :Michael Jenkins
Thanks for the information. If you wouldn't of missed on those picks, it would of been very difficult to beat you. I guess only time can tell but it has been my feeling that if you get 2 of those elite QB's starting each week, you will be in every game no matter. I just do not like the way my roster looks when I have attempted to mock it this way.Once again, thanks for the information.

I did a number of these. I think the best one was, from the #6 pick: Round 1 : QB Tom Brady Round 2 : RB Marshawn Lynch Round 3 : WR Andre Johnson Round 4 : RB Michael Turner Round 5 : WR Torry Holt Round 6 : WR Roy Williams Round 7 : WR Chad Ocho Cinco Round 8 : RB Matt Forte Round 9 : RB Fred Taylor Round 10 : QB Vince Young Round 11 : WR Chris Chambers Round 12 : TE Chris Cooley Round 13 : RB Chris Perry Round 14 : TE Tony Scheffler Round 15 : RB Kenny Watson Round 16 : QB JaMarcus Russell Round 17 : TDSP Tennessee Titans Round 18 : WR Derrick Mason Round 19 : K Shayne Graham Round 20 : TDSP Buffalo Bills
That is a super strong team. You stole Holt, CJ, and Perry. I'm still suprised CJ is dropping so far in the FFOC drafts I've seen.
thanks. i think the team is very strong too. you hit on most of the steals, though i think cooley in the 12th is also great value. the draft was a few days ago, before the rudi johnson news was official, so i was able to get perry in the 13th and watson in the 15th

First FFOC draft ever, out of the 5 slot. Don't care much for my team at all...

Round 1 : RB Steven Jackson

Round 2 : WR Terrell Owens

Round 3 : WR Larry Fitzgerald

Round 4 : RB Willie Parker

Round 5 : WR Anquan Boldin

Round 6 : RB Earnest Graham

Round 7 : QB Philip Rivers

Round 8 : RB LenDale White

Round 9 : TE Chris Cooley

Round 10 : RB Deuce McAllister

Round 11 : WR Donald Driver

Round 12 : TE Todd Heap

Round 13 : RB Justin Fargas

Round 14 : WR Donte Stallworth

Round 15 : TDSP Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 16 : K Neil Rackers

Round 17 : QB Jason Campbell

Round 18 : WR Antwaan Randle El

Round 19 : TDSP Green Bay Packers

Round 20 : K Jason Hanson

I did a number of these. I think the best one was, from the #6 pick:

Round 1 : QB Tom Brady

Round 2 : RB Marshawn Lynch

Round 3 : WR Andre Johnson

Round 4 : RB Michael Turner

Round 5 : WR Torry Holt

Round 6 : WR Roy Williams

Round 7 : WR Chad Ocho Cinco

Round 8 : RB Matt Forte

Round 9 : RB Fred Taylor

Round 10 : QB Vince Young

Round 11 : WR Chris Chambers

Round 12 : TE Chris Cooley

Round 13 : RB Chris Perry

Round 14 : TE Tony Scheffler

Round 15 : RB Kenny Watson

Round 16 : QB JaMarcus Russell

Round 17 : TDSP Tennessee Titans

Round 18 : WR Derrick Mason

Round 19 : K Shayne Graham

Round 20 : TDSP Buffalo Bills
Holt in the 5th and Chad in the 7th is unbelievable. Perry in the 13th is great value... I guess no one else knew what they were doing, which is always makes for a great draft.

I did a few of these and finally bit on Brady in the first round. First time I have every take a QB in the first. I felt pretty lucky to have LJ and Owens fall to me from the 3 spot. Hopefully LJ pans outs. Round 1 : QB Tom Brady Round 2 : RB Larry Johnson Round 3 : WR Terrell Owens Round 4 : RB Willie Parker Round 5 : WR Calvin Johnson Round 6 : QB Jay Cutler Round 7 : WR Marvin Harrison Round 8 : RB LenDale White Round 9 : RB DeAngelo Williams Round 10 : WR Reggie Brown Round 11 : QB Aaron Rodgers Round 12 : TE Jeremy Shockey Round 13 : RB Justin Fargas Round 14 : WR Kevin Walter Round 15 : TE Owen Daniels Round 16 : RB Andre Hall Round 17 : TDSP Buffalo Bills Round 18 : K Matt Prater Round 19 : TDSP San Francisco 49ers Round 20 : WR Derek Hagan

Just finished up from the 6 spot:

Round 1: Brian Westbrook

Round 2: Terrell Owens

Round 3: Marques Colston

Round 4: Brandon Marshall

Round 5: Brandon Jacobs

Round 6: Jerricho Cotchery

Round 7: Roy Williams

Round 8: Michael Turner

Round 9: Chris Perry

Round 10: Brett Favre

Round 11: Ronnie Brown

Round 12: Jon Kitna

Round 13: Vernon Davis

Round 14: Ray Rice

Round 15: Tarvaris Jackson

Round 16: Adam Vinatieri

Round 17: Zach Miller

Round 18: Kevin Walter

Round 19: Denver Broncos

Round 20: New York Jets

Just finished up from the 6 spot:Round 1: Brian WestbrookRound 2: Terrell OwensRound 3: Marques ColstonRound 4: Brandon MarshallRound 5: Brandon JacobsRound 6: Jerricho CotcheryRound 7: Roy WilliamsRound 8: Michael TurnerRound 9: Chris PerryRound 10: Brett FavreRound 11: Ronnie BrownRound 12: Jon KitnaRound 13: Vernon DavisRound 14: Ray RiceRound 15: Tarvaris JacksonRound 16: Adam VinatieriRound 17: Zach MillerRound 18: Kevin WalterRound 19: Denver BroncosRound 20: New York Jets
2nd---Owens3rd---Colston4th---Marshall6th---Cotchery7th---R. WilliamsSweet depth at WR....overall, nice squad...good luck

Just finished from the 1 hole...made a few mistakes but overall like the team. Screwed up and took Vinatieri in the 17th for no apparent reason. Haven't taken a kicker in anything but the last round all year (11 drafts) and because of it missed out on Zach Miller who I wanted pretty bad to backup Shockey...just had a brain fart. Oh well...just figured you guys that are drafting tomorrow night would want to see some ADP info.

The Gateway Predators 3

Round 1: LaDainian Tomlinson

Round 2: Larry Fitzgerald

Round 3: Braylon Edwards

Round 4: Ben Roethlisberger

Round 5: Jay Cutler

Round 6: Chris Perry

Round 7: Laveranues Coles

Round 8: Nate Burleson

Round 9: Jonathan Stewart

Round 10: Derrick Mason

Round 11: Fred Taylor

Round 12: Buffalo Bills

Round 13: Jeremy Shockey

Round 14: Kenny Watson

Round 15: Chad Pennington

Round 16: New York Giants

Round 17: Adam Vinatieri

Round 18: Heath Miller

Round 19: Jabar Gaffney

Round 20: Michael Bush

Mississippi Mott

Round 1: Adrian Peterson

Round 2: Ryan Grant

Round 3: Jamal Lewis

Round 4: Wes Welker

Round 5: Willis McGahee

Round 6: Derek Anderson

Round 7: Bernard Berrian

Round 8: Matt Forte

Round 9: Donald Driver

Round 10: Kevin Curtis

Round 11: Patrick Crayton

Round 12: Indianapolis Colts

Round 13: Drew Bennett

Round 14: Greg Olsen

Round 15: Todd Heap

Round 16: Robbie Gould

Round 17: Miami Dolphins

Round 18: Kevin Jones

Round 19: Phil Dawson

Round 20: Brodie Croyle

Sojourns

Round 1: Brian Westbrook

Round 2: Tony Romo

Round 3: Marques Colston

Round 4: Jason Witten

Round 5: Selvin Young

Round 6: Willie Parker

Round 7: Kurt Warner

Round 8: Chris Chambers

Round 9: DeAngelo Williams

Round 10: Marc Bulger

Round 11: Dallas Cowboys

Round 12: Deuce McAllister

Round 13: Pierre Thomas

Round 14: Robert Meachem

Round 15: Devin Hester

Round 16: Stephen Gostkowski

Round 17: Bryant Johnson

Round 18: Arizona Cardinals

Round 19: Dustin Keller

Round 20: Kris Brown

Zefurs III

Round 1: Steven Jackson

Round 2: Reggie Wayne

Round 3: Andre Johnson

Round 4: Donovan McNabb

Round 5: Kellen Winslow Jr

Round 6: Lee Evans

Round 7: Brett Favre

Round 8: Kevin Smith

Round 9: Hines Ward

Round 10: Ted Ginn

Round 11: Jon Kitna

Round 12: Ray Rice

Round 13: Ahman Green

Round 14: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Round 15: Philadelphia Eagles

Round 16: Fred Jackson

Round 17: Eddie Royal

Round 18: Ahmad Bradshaw

Round 19: Mason Crosby

Round 20: Anthony Fasano

Mad Cowzzz

Round 1: Tom Brady

Round 2: Maurice Jones-Drew

Round 3: Brandon Jacobs

Round 4: Calvin Johnson

Round 5: Torry Holt

Round 6: Dwayne Bowe

Round 7: David Garrard

Round 8: Edgerrin James

Round 9: Matt Schaub

Round 10: Minnesota Vikings

Round 11: Dallas Clark

Round 12: Owen Daniels

Round 13: Reggie Brown

Round 14: Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 15: Justin Fargas

Round 16: Sidney Rice

Round 17: Leon Washington

Round 18: Bobby Engram

Round 19: Sammy Morris

Round 20: Ryan Longwell

ObsessivePigskinTrauma8

Round 1: Joseph Addai

Round 2: Larry Johnson

Round 3: Brandon Marshall

Round 4: Darren McFadden

Round 5: Reggie Bush

Round 6: Jerricho Cotchery

Round 7: Ronnie Brown

Round 8: Chris Johnson

Round 9: Santana Moss

Round 10: Philip Rivers

Round 11: New England Patriots

Round 12: Donte Stallworth

Round 13: Vernon Davis

Round 14: Alge Crumpler

Round 15: Javon Walker

Round 16: Tennessee Titans

Round 17: Neil Rackers

Round 18: Trent Edwards

Round 19: Josh Morgan

Round 20: J.T. O`Sullivan

3intboy/BFD3

Round 1: Randy Moss

Round 2: Terrell Owens

Round 3: T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Round 4: Earnest Graham

Round 5: Michael Turner

Round 6: Antonio Gates

Round 7: Rudi Johnson

Round 8: Aaron Rodgers

Round 9: LenDale White

Round 10: Matt Hasselbeck

Round 11: Vince Young

Round 12: Vincent Jackson

Round 13: Andre Hall

Round 14: Kevin Walter

Round 15: Jerious Norwood

Round 16: Josh Scobee

Round 17: Jerry Porter

Round 18: L.J. Smith

Round 19: New York Jets

Round 20: Carolina Panthers

Pretzel In My Head

Round 1: Frank Gore

Round 2: Clinton Portis

Round 3: Laurence Maroney

Round 4: Carson Palmer

Round 5: Chad Ocho Cinco

Round 6: Anquan Boldin

Round 7: Joey Galloway

Round 8: San Diego Chargers

Round 9: Nick Folk

Round 10: Chris Cooley

Round 11: Rashard Mendenhall

Round 12: Baltimore Ravens

Round 13: Jeff Garcia

Round 14: Shayne Graham

Round 15: Josh Brown

Round 16: Tarvaris Jackson

Round 17: Isaac Bruce

Round 18: Reggie Williams

Round 19: Tatum Bell

Round 20: Mark Clayton

Casey`s Biggest Fans

Round 1: Peyton Manning

Round 2: Drew Brees

Round 3: Thomas Jones

Round 4: Santonio Holmes

Round 5: Roy Williams

Round 6: Julius Jones

Round 7: Roddy White

Round 8: Tony Gonzalez

Round 9: Ricky Williams

Round 10: Nate Kaeding

Round 11: Seattle Seahawks

Round 12: Chicago Bears

Round 13: Anthony Gonzalez

Round 14: Maurice Morris

Round 15: Warrick Dunn

Round 16: D.J. Hackett

Round 17: Jason Campbell

Round 18: DeSean Jackson

Round 19: Randy McMichael

Round 20: David Akers

H and H

Round 1: Marion Barber

Round 2: Marshawn Lynch

Round 3: Steve Smith

Round 4: Plaxico Burress

Round 5: Marvin Harrison

Round 6: Greg Jennings

Round 7: Eli Manning

Round 8: Chester Taylor

Round 9: Jake Delhomme

Round 10: Steve Slaton

Round 11: Felix Jones

Round 12: Tim Hightower

Round 13: Tony Scheffler

Round 14: Green Bay Packers

Round 15: Chris Henry

Round 16: Pittsburgh Steelers

Round 17: Zach Miller

Round 18: Ronald Curry

Round 19: JaMarcus Russell

Round 20: Jeff Reed

Here is a team I was able to get from the 7th hole:

Round 1 : WR Randy Moss

Round 2 : RB Marion Barber

Round 3 : QB Carson Palmer

Round 4 : RB Ryan Grant

Round 5 : QB Donovan McNabb

Round 6 : WR Jerricho Cotchery

Round 7 : WR Santana Moss

Round 8 : QB David Garrard

Round 9 : WR Laveranues Coles

Round 10 : RB Ricky Williams

Round 11 : RB Fred Taylor

Round 12 : TE Vernon Davis

Round 13 : WR Anthony Gonzalez

Round 14 : K Nick Folk

Round 15 : TDSP Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 16 : RB Jerious Norwood

Round 17 : WR Jabar Gaffney

Round 18 : TDSP New York Giants

Round 19 : TE Zach Miller

Round 20 : RB Warrick Dunn

Like the RBs, not sold on S.Moss or Coles. Love Miller in the 19th--hope he falls there tomorrow.

David--how did the QBs run in this draft? The first 3 I was in they flew off the board, with Palmer gone be 3.3 at the latest. A week ago, they seemed to calm down quite a bit. Was that the case here?

Thanks.

Like the RBs, not sold on S.Moss or Coles. Love Miller in the 19th--hope he falls there tomorrow.David--how did the QBs run in this draft? The first 3 I was in they flew off the board, with Palmer gone be 3.3 at the latest. A week ago, they seemed to calm down quite a bit. Was that the case here?Thanks.
Yes the top 4 QBs all gone by the 2nd round and then it slows considerably. I think I made a mistake taking Garrard when I did because I could have still got nice QBs much later. PLus he shares a bye with McNabb meaning I can't play 2 QBs all ten weeks. All in all though I like my team here

From the 6 spot draft was 8/24

I think I should have loaded up on more quality QB's in the early rounds....

Round 1: Steven Jackson

Round 2: Drew Brees

Round 3: Brandon Jacobs

Round 4: Jamal Lewis

Round 5: Santonio Holmes

Round 6: Roy Williams

Round 7: Edgerrin James

Round 8: Minnesota Vikings

Round 9: Bernard Berrian

Round 10: Reggie Brown

Round 11: DeAngelo Williams

Round 12: Vince Young

Round 13: Owen Daniels

Round 14: Jacksonville Jaguars

Round 15: Tarvaris Jackson

Round 16: Ray Rice

Round 17: Josh Scobee

Round 18: Kevin Walter

Round 19: Eddie Royal

Round 20: Zach Miller

Here is a team I was able to get from the 7th hole:Round 1 : WR Randy MossRound 2 : RB Marion BarberRound 3 : QB Carson PalmerRound 4 : RB Ryan GrantRound 5 : QB Donovan McNabbRound 6 : WR Jerricho CotcheryRound 7 : WR Santana MossRound 8 : QB David GarrardRound 9 : WR Laveranues ColesRound 10 : RB Ricky WilliamsRound 11 : RB Fred TaylorRound 12 : TE Vernon DavisRound 13 : WR Anthony GonzalezRound 14 : K Nick FolkRound 15 : TDSP Jacksonville JaguarsRound 16 : RB Jerious NorwoodRound 17 : WR Jabar GaffneyRound 18 : TDSP New York GiantsRound 19 : TE Zach MillerRound 20 : RB Warrick Dunn
Nice team, looks like people have really started devaluing guys with week 10 byes. Barber going at 14 is pretty low, and a nice pickup there, though you are looking at a pretty big hole to fill in the championship game unless Ricky holds onto that starting gig.

Anyone else having issues changing the starting lineup? I am under My Team --> Set Lineup and I am getting nowhere. What's the deal?

Anyone else having issues changing the starting lineup? I am under My Team --> Set Lineup and I am getting nowhere. What's the deal?
They are locked until noon I think to process waivers. After that you should be good to go.

OK--my final team of 5 (out of the 4 hole)

Cutler 6.7

Warner 7.4

Campbell 15.4

Westbrook 1.4

MJD 3.4

Parker 4.7

White 9.4

Fargas 14.7

Hightower 18.7

Wayne 2.7

Cotchery 5.4

Chambers 8.7

Berrian 10.7

Ginn 11.4

Gaffney 17.4

Daniels 12.7

Z. Miller 16.7

Longwell 20.7

Jax 13.4

NYJ 19.4

Never got a real good feel for the draft. 3 teams started on auto, 1 got off in round 3, 1 in round 4 or so, the 1 slot stayed on auto.

QB--wanted the Cutler/Warner duo (1st time targeting QBs as such). Campbell has the Browns and Lions on the two byes, so should be ok.

RB--I've been letting RB slide this year (2nd RB typically in round 5/6), so wanted to shift a little. Took MJD, then saw the bye week issue. Parker and White have the same bye also. I really think Hightower is the main back by week 5 or 6. Based on nothing of course. lol

WR-- My worse set in the FFOC so far. I have focused on WRs so far, here I got stuck with my targets going 1 or 2 picks ahead of me. I think I'm solid, but nothing spectacular. Very little upside in my opinion (except maybe Ginn).

TE--it still amazes me how far these 2 guys drop every draft. I am thrilled with this position, considering how long I let it slide.

K--Ok, went for minimal damage here. With the negative points for misses, I wanted a dome guy. Figure they will have a lot of FGs, but won't let the 'old guy' try too many missable long ones.

D--Jax has been my target all year. NYJ fit in nicely on the bye week.

Really, I think I did ok, but I'm not excited about this team.

Here is a team I was able to get from the 7th hole:Round 1 : WR Randy MossRound 2 : RB Marion BarberRound 3 : QB Carson PalmerRound 4 : RB Ryan GrantRound 5 : QB Donovan McNabbRound 6 : WR Jerricho CotcheryRound 7 : WR Santana MossRound 8 : QB David GarrardRound 9 : WR Laveranues ColesRound 10 : RB Ricky WilliamsRound 11 : RB Fred TaylorRound 12 : TE Vernon DavisRound 13 : WR Anthony GonzalezRound 14 : K Nick FolkRound 15 : TDSP Jacksonville JaguarsRound 16 : RB Jerious NorwoodRound 17 : WR Jabar GaffneyRound 18 : TDSP New York GiantsRound 19 : TE Zach MillerRound 20 : RB Warrick Dunn
Hey David, I was actually in your draft last night. I was Run Chiapet drafting in the 9th spot. For anyone who cares... here's how mine went. I definitely think 2 higher level QB's will help, but I don't have much depth at all unless AP or Ryan Grant get hurt. I was torn between Jamal Lewis and Grant in round 4. I just thought Ryan might be more injury prone since his holdout and he missed so much camp. I will probably regret that, but I had to stick with my rankings.9. Run Chiapet Round 1 : RB Frank Gore Round 2 : QB Drew Brees Round 3 : QB Ben Roethlisberger Round 4 : RB Jamal Lewis Round 5 : WR Greg Jennings Round 6 : WR Wes Welker Round 7 : WR Roddy White Round 8 : TE Dallas Clark Round 9 : TDSP San Diego Chargers Round 10 : QB Jon Kitna Round 11 : RB Chester Taylor Round 12 : WR Vincent Jackson Round 13 : WR Reggie Williams Round 14 : RB Brandon Jackson Round 15 : WR Chris Henry Round 16 : K Adam Vinatieri Round 17 : TE Randy McMichael Round 18 : RB Jason Wright Round 19 : TDSP Tampa Bay Buccaneers Round 20 : K Mason Crosby

6. Mad Badgers

Round 1 :RB Frank Gore

Round 2 :WR Larry Fitzgerald

Round 3 :WR Andre Johnson

Round 4 :WR Plaxico Burress

Round 5 :RB Reggie Bush

Round 6 :RB Selvin Young

Round 7 :QB Matt Hasselbeck

Round 8 :QB Kurt Warner

Round 9 :WR Roddy White

Round 10 :RB Ray Rice

Round 11 :RB Fred Taylor

Round 12 :TE Vernon Davis

Round 13 :WR Derrick Mason

Round 14 :QB Tarvaris Jackson

Round 15 :WR Chris Henry

Round 16 :RB Andre Hall

Round 17 :TE Tony Scheffler

Round 18 :TDSP Buffalo Bills

Round 19 :K Josh Scobee

Round 20 :TDSP Houston Texans

One team, won the game and scored the second highest points in the league so 2-0 so far.

Our league standings haven't been updated yet though...anyone seeing the same thing? (edit: just realized this is only on the main league home page; the separate standings tab is updated)

One team, won the game and scored the second highest points in the league so 2-0 so far.Our league standings haven't been updated yet though...anyone seeing the same thing? (edit: just realized this is only on the main league home page; the separate standings tab is updated)
same here. in 2nd place by a few pts though...

5 teams: 3 are 2-0, 2 are 0-2.

Had pick #1 twice: once LT, once Brady. The Brady team won, the LT team lost. Go figure.

I'm 2-0 in second place of points. I had the 10th pick. I won with 2 WR's scoring a grand total of 2.4 points. Holt and Ginn.

1-1.

Had one of the top 5 scoring weeks, but lost my head to head matchup against the top points team who had Brees, Parker and Eddie Royal.

Just finished up a draft, coming out of the 6th spot. My brother in law and I shared this team, figuring it would be fun to go through the draft and take a shot at the big prize together. Our goal heading in was to grab two of the top QBs, starting one at the flex, but also wanting to avoid Romo if possible because of his week 10 bye (go for the big money or go home in a league like this). Anyway, that's exactly what we did, hoping that the extra points from the QBs would make up for not taking RBs early. Here's how our roster turned out.

QB: Peyton Manning (1), Drew Brees (2), Trent Edwards (19)

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew (3), Reggie Bush (6), LenDale White (7), Rashard Mendenhall (9), Justin Fargas (13), Leon Washington (16)

WR: Calvin Johnson (4), Roddy White (5), Dwayne Bowe (8), Hines Ward (10), Isaac Bruce (12), Donte Stallworth (14)

TE: Owen Daniels (11), Ben Watson (15)K: Josh Brown (19)

DEF: Pittsburgh (18), Philadelphia (20)

Obviously the hope is that Manning + Brees could potentially give us 2 of the top 5-7 scorers in the league, and a great pair to send out in the hopeful week 10 game. MJD/Bush would be a great combo in a PPR league, but it's going to be weak here compared to the RB stable others have -- although their total yardage could end up being sufficient. I'm a fan of the WR core, thinking Bowe, Ward and Stallworth were good value.

Thoughts?
I like the squad, I used a similar strategy. I think MJD and Reggie will be fine, this is Reggies year. Only question is at receiver, but you never know.. obviously Atlanta and KC should be playing from behind so hopefully a lot of throwing. I have 3 teams, the first I did my traditional RB/RB pick and really like it but with my second squad I decided to try the QB/QB strat from the #3 spot since I knew I could snatch Brady. Here it is:QB: Tom Brady, Drew Brees | Jason Campbell

RB: Michael Turner, Earnest Graham | Ronnie Brown, Ricky Williams, DeAngelo Williams, Maurice Morris

WR: Braylon Edwards, Wes Welker, Chris Chambers | Reggie Brown, Robert Meachem, Derek Hagan

TE: Owen Daniels | Ben Watson

PK: Mason Crosby

DT: Buffalo Bills | Arizona Cardinals

It was really, really hard to pass up Peterson at #3 (2 guy took Westy) but I had to stick to my guns and get Brady.. and when Brees fell to me I knew it was the right decision. Probably the first time I actually picked a team without letting my personal feelings about a player get in the way. (Huge Peterson fan, absolutely loathe the Patriots) What helped me is that subconsciously I believe since I passed up All Day he will have a historic season and Brady will crumble. Sorry Pats fans.
Sorry folks I tried to warn you..... F.

UGH. 6 teams. The team I felt the best about laid an egg. 0 TDs from my recievers (AJ, Braylon, Roddy White), 0 TDs from my RBs, LT and Jacobs. 0tds from my TE Crumpler. Just a flat out crap week there.

Team 2- 3rd most points. 2-0

Team 3- Least points in the league. Addai/Manning/Holt/Anquan/Ricky williams. gah.

Team 4- 1-1, 7th in pts lucked out on the match up. Lost Brady on this team, still have Brees and Rivers, see if i can make a comeback.

Team 5- 2-0, the one bright spot lead the league with 132.56 pts, and that was with Ginn and Heap putting up zilch.

Team 6- 6th in pts, lost the match up. Galloway, roddy, cooley. VY was on the bench.

2 teams, both 2-0. Top scorer in one league, #5 in the other. long way to go though.

Did you see the top scorers section? 180 pts is winning right now :lmao:

If winning a regular FF league has a significant element of luck, then winning the FFOC is going to be like hitting the Powerball jackpot

hotdogcollars said:
2 teams, both 2-0. Top scorer in one league, #5 in the other. long way to go though.Did you see the top scorers section? 180 pts is winning right now :rant: If winning a regular FF league has a significant element of luck, then winning the FFOC is going to be like hitting the Powerball jackpot
Its funny, he didn't even have his best lineup in. If he started Hines Ward over Calvin he would have another 9 pts. He did lose Burleson to injury, his team is very good but Turner won't face Detroit every week, Barber wont face Cleveland and his defense won't be putting up TDs all the time. Long story short the top teams this week are mostly going to be from matchups and are going to have some combination of turner/parker/mcnabb/brees on their teams.

:kicksrock: It's amazing how much disparity there is between leagues.

In my 'bad team' league, where I'm thin at RB after MoMo went down and the Houston running game sucks, $31 wasn't enough to get Sammy Mo. Had to scrape up Brandon Jackson for $1 after waivers.

In my 'good team' league, where I'm deep at RB and WR, pick up Sammy Mo and Pierre Thomas for $1 each after waivers. Also land Cassell for $51, hopefully an upgrade over Tarvaris. Had to leave a boatload of decent talent in the pool, rosters just aren't big enough.

My bench now consists of:

Michael Turner

Chris Perry

Ronnie Brown

Ray Rice

Sammy Morris

Pierre Thomas

Marques Colston

Brandon Marshall

Kevin Walter

Matt Cassel

BroadwayG said:
:porked: It's amazing how much disparity there is between leagues.

In my 'bad team' league, where I'm thin at RB after MoMo went down and the Houston running game sucks, $31 wasn't enough to get Sammy Mo. Had to scrape up Brandon Jackson for $1 after waivers.

In my 'good team' league, where I'm deep at RB and WR, pick up Sammy Mo and Pierre Thomas for $1 each after waivers. Also land Cassell for $51, hopefully an upgrade over Tarvaris. Had to leave a boatload of decent talent in the pool, rosters just aren't big enough.
In one of my FFOC leagues, a guy bid $95 for Sammy Mo. The next highest bid was $31. In another league he went for $1. In my 3 leagues, Cassel went for $81, $68, and $52.

BroadwayG said:
:mellow: It's amazing how much disparity there is between leagues.

In one of my FFOC leagues, a guy bid $95 for Sammy Mo. The next highest bid was $31. In another league he went for $1. In my 3 leagues, Cassel went for $81, $68, and $52.
I signed Cassel for $33. Thought I needed a 4th QB with Manning/Warner/Bulger. Morris went for only $9 (my $22 bid was cancelled since my drop went to Cassel). Lots of frugal owners out there...

2-0 last week, now 3-1, losing by a couple points thanks to that last Marion Barber TD. #1328 overall.

Thankfully there's only one 4-0 team so far, and he has Romo, Barber, and Earnest Graham, so week 10 is most likely a bust for him.

We are second in points in the league, being 4 behind a team that's 2-2.

better week. Went 4-2 record wise, but only got full points in 2 of those so 6/12 in total pts.

Its funny how my best looking team has preformed the worst so far, all of my high draft picks suck.

1. LT- yuck

2. Braylon- double yuck

3. Andre Johnson- the sudden bye really hurt because I have Steve Smith as my 5th pick and was counting on Braylon/AJ/Roddy White keeping me in it and then having a super WR corps come week 3.

4. Brandon Jacobs-

5. Steve Smith - A total of 0 TDs from my first 5 picks.

5 teams:

3 at 4-0.

1 at 2-2.

1 at 0-4.

Total Ranks: #26, 52, 1434, 1986, 4261.

One of the 4-0 teams was Brady at the first overall pick, the 0-4 had LT at #1 overall.

Pretty happy so far, but once the bye weeks start we really see who had a good draft.

Users who are viewing this thread