What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fields NFL trade value? (1 Viewer)

The scenario of having the #1, plus a QB definitely going at #2, plus teams thinking they may need to trade in front of LV, SEA, and IND, plus the owners in ATL and CAR the types to make big moves, and these QBs being a bit of a jumble, I don't really see how CHI doesn't get a massive haul

The value of the #1 pick may be less than what the Bears want it to be. Richardson's value rising doesn't help them. The value of the top 3 QB's may not differ by all that much. It's still early and a lot can still happen being now and the draft of course.
If the Colts were locked into Richardson, maybe now they think they have to go to 1 to get him.

just throwing out scenarios. Basically, I think that these teams lock into guys, I don’t think they are happy with any of the three/four guys available. Every year is different, but every inside draftroom piece I have read, and I read all of them I can find, these teams are always working off a short lis, and it’s even shorter in first round. No one is ever saying, oh any of these CB is fine. They always want a specific guy.
Even if we, and any outside “experts” all agreed that these guys are basically equal or even exactly equal quality prospects, they’re all different enough that most coaches probably have a preference. The only question is how strong a preference.

Do you want an absolute stud but you’ll need to prioritize protection? BY is probably your guy.

Do you want an elite athlete and willing to gamble? AR it is.

Guy who pretty much has everything you want, probably the best chance of being good but might not be quite elite? CJ is arguably the easy choice.

Want a weirdo with a canon who needs to be coached up, doesn’t have quite the upside or mobility of AR but seems more likely to hit? Bring the Mayo.

Off hand, in a perfect world I think
Texans - Stroud
Seahawks - Richardson
Panthers - Levis
Colts - BY (but the MUST improve their line)
Seattle is a perfect landing spot for Richardson, who seems incredibly raw in the passing game.

The value of the #1 pick may be less than what the Bears want it to be. Richardson's value rising doesn't help them. The value of the top 3 QB's may not differ by all that much. It's still early and a lot can still happen being now and the draft of course.
If the Colts were locked into Richardson, maybe now they think they have to go to 1 to get him.

just throwing out scenarios. Basically, I think that these teams lock into guys, I don’t think they are happy with any of the three/four guys available. Every year is different, but every inside draftroom piece I have read, and I read all of them I can find, these teams are always working off a short lis, and it’s even shorter in first round. No one is ever saying, oh any of these CB is fine. They always want a specific guy.
Even if we, and any outside “experts” all agreed that these guys are basically equal or even exactly equal quality prospects, they’re all different enough that most coaches probably have a preference. The only question is how strong a preference.

Do you want an absolute stud but you’ll need to prioritize protection? BY is probably your guy.

Guy who pretty much has everything you want, probably the best chance of being good but might not be quite elite? CJ is arguably the easy choice.

Want a weirdo with a canon who needs to be coached up, doesn’t have quite the upside or mobility of AR but seems more likely to hit? Bring the Mayo.

Texans - Stroud
Seahawks - Richardson
Panthers - Levis
Seattle is a perfect landing spot for Richardson, who seems incredibly raw in the passing game.
Seems unlikely Seattle will draft a QB now, could they? i suppose but i doubt it.

(FantasyPros) According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, QB Geno Smith and the Seattle Seahawks are finalizing a three-year deal to keep Smith in Seattle. Analysis: Smith won Comeback Player of the Year in 2022 after emerging as a top quarterback. Seattle made sure to keep Smith on a multi-year deal worth $105 million as he was set to become a free agent. Smith threw for 4,282 yards and 30 touchdowns, taking Seattle to the playoffs. Smith was one of the top fantasy quarterbacks in 2022, finishing as QB5.

Texans - Stroud
Seahawks - Richardson
Panthers - Levis
Seems unlikely Seattle will draft a QB now, could they? i suppose but i doubt it.

(FantasyPros) According to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network, QB Geno Smith and the Seattle Seahawks are finalizing a three-year deal to keep Smith in Seattle. Analysis: Smith won Comeback Player of the Year in 2022 after emerging as a top quarterback. Seattle made sure to keep Smith on a multi-year deal worth $105 million as he was set to become a free agent. Smith threw for 4,282 yards and 30 touchdowns, taking Seattle to the playoffs. Smith was one of the top fantasy quarterbacks in 2022, finishing as QB5.

🤔
Pete Carroll seems to want Geno Smith back with the Seattle Seahawks. But he also isn’t dismissing the possibility of drafting a quarterback in Round 1.
“The position we’re in, we are totally connected to the quarterbacks that are coming out,” Carroll said on Tuesday from the NFL Scouting Combine. “This is a really huge opportunity for us. It’s a rare opportunity.”

Texans - Stroud
Seahawks - Richardson
Panthers - Levis

I dunno. Smith is 32 and a 3 year deal (seems like a relative bargain deal, TBH) takes him into his age 36 season. I wouldn't be surprised if, given the opportunity, Seattle grabs a project type QB to sit behind Geno for a year or two until he is ready to start. Richardson seems like the most interesting target in that vein.

Texans - Stroud
Seahawks - Richardson
Panthers - Levis
Agree with the general sentiment, that its a lot more dealer's choice than it looked like in September. That said, I'd argue the ideal scenarios are:

Texans-Young
Colts-Richardson
Panthers-Stroud
Titans-Levis

That might be me calling my shot as Carolina being the team to trade up to #1. Which might put Chicago in line for OL or WR at #9, which I'm sure Fields would welcome.

Side note, I think Texans/Stroud is a sneaky longshot, because Stroud's agent also represents Watson, so there could be some bad blood there. I think people forget Watson was having salary issues long before the misconduct stuff popped up.

Texans - Stroud
Seahawks - Richardson
Panthers - Levis
Agree with the general sentiment, that its a lot more dealer's choice than it looked like in September. That said, I'd argue the ideal scenarios are:

Texans-Young
Colts-Richardson
Panthers-Stroud
Titans-Levis

That might be me calling my shot as Carolina being the team to trade up to #1. Which might put Chicago in line for OL or WR at #9, which I'm sure Fields would welcome.

Side note, I think Texans/Stroud is a sneaky longshot, because Stroud's agent also represents Watson, so there could be some bad blood there. I think people forget Watson was having salary issues long before the misconduct stuff popped up.
Levis in Tennessee is intriguing. I just don’t see him falling to 11 and the titans really need a T.

Texans - Stroud
Seahawks - Richardson
Panthers - Levis

Texans-Young
Colts-Richardson
Panthers-Stroud
Titans-Levis

RIchardson is the least NFL ready QB in the top 5. I'd be surprised if the Colts draft him because they would need to trot him out from day 1. That's just not a recipe for success.

I think the Colts trade up to #1 or #2 and pick whoever is left of Young/Stroud. For that reason, I don't think CAR gets either of those two. I'd suspect they'll get Levis and sit him behind Darnold for a year (as awful as that sounds).

Levis in Tennessee is intriguing. I just don’t see him falling to 11 and the titans really need a T.
Who says Tennessee stays at #11?

RIchardson is the least NFL ready QB in the top 5. I'd be surprised if the Colts draft him because they would need to trot him out from day 1. That's just not a recipe for success.

I think the Colts trade up to #1 or #2 and pick whoever is left of Young/Stroud. For that reason, I don't think CAR gets either of those two. I'd suspect they'll get Levis and sit him behind Darnold for a year (as awful as that sounds).
Richardson also fits a lot of what Jalen Hurts does (certainly Hurts of 2 years ago anyway) and his presence helps Taylor, the OL etc. I don't really agree with the Richardson sitting idea. I mean, yeah, he's not likely to hit the ground running as a passer, but he's not going to be a disaster just off his legs.

Something tells me when we see the terms of Geno's deal, Seattle will have an out after year two, making it a good placeholder contract (for all parties) while they ready Richardson to take over in 2025.

Richardson also fits a lot of what Jalen Hurts does (certainly Hurts of 2 years ago anyway) and his presence helps Taylor, the OL etc. I don't really agree with the Richardson sitting idea. I mean, yeah, he's not likely to hit the ground running as a passer, but he's not going to be a disaster just off his legs.

Hurts was a much better passer in college.
I don’t know if Tennessee stays at 11. They might not. But I’d prefer they do and take Johnson.

Interesting 'no one's rushing me' comment he made too. There's absolutely no rush til minutes before the draft.

I like how Bears fans went right to wanting Bijan and defensive studs- the classic 85 Bear player positions. Are they needs- who cares we're in classic mode! It was kind of fun. They were fired up

Hurts was a much better passer in college.
I don’t know if Tennessee stays at 11. They might not. But I’d prefer they do and take Johnson.
Off topic a little, but I think after the combine, I don't think Paris Johnson goes that high. I think the OL depth showed out, and I think the supply outweighs the demand a bit, at least compared to other positions.

I'm working on a post combine mock, and I'm looking at JSN for the Titans if they stay at 11 or perhaps Gonzalez if he makes it there.

If the Bears trade down to 9 or so, I could see WR for them too.

Users who are viewing this thread