What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch (3 Viewers)

'SacramentoBob said:
'TexanFan02 said:
'BigSteelThrill said:
'TexanFan02 said:
Oops

Go to jail. Go directly to jail. I guess people with 200k aren't indigent after all.
Bond revoked. Lying to the Judge.
About money AND having a passport. His lawyer just "forgot to mention" the last part.
I'm sure he's not lying about other stuff though.
Yeah, he only lies to Judges. I'm sure the Police are a different story.

'SacramentoBob said:
'TexanFan02 said:
'BigSteelThrill said:
'TexanFan02 said:
Oops

Go to jail. Go directly to jail. I guess people with 200k aren't indigent after all.
Bond revoked. Lying to the Judge.
About money AND having a passport. His lawyer just "forgot to mention" the last part.
I'm sure he's not lying about other stuff though.
Yeah, he only lies to Judges. I'm sure the Police are a different story.
TOAST :hifive:

:sarcasm:

I can't wait to see how this turns out (either way). It's like soap opera.

George Zimbecile is his own worst enemy
:goodposting: If you (anyone) hasn't read the whole oops link, you should. I hope the judge doesn't consider a new bond hearing for a long time, if ever.
De la Rionda is also requesting a judge seal statements Zimmerman made to law enforcement officers, some of which may be used against him at trial because they were "inconsistent with the physical evidence and statements of witnesses."
Anything you say can and will be used against you down?

George Zimbecile is his own worst enemy
:goodposting: If you (anyone) hasn't read the whole oops link, you should. I hope the judge doesn't consider a new bond hearing for a long time, if ever.
De la Rionda is also requesting a judge seal statements Zimmerman made to law enforcement officers, some of which may be used against him at trial because they were "inconsistent with the physical evidence and statements of witnesses."
Anything you say can and will be used against you down?
I assume they want them sealed to the media UNTIL the trial, so your question doesn't make any sense.

Here's a question I have: is the fact that Zimmerman may have lied about his bond to the judge admissible at trial? Can it be used to challenge his credibility in general?

Regarding Zimmerman's finances, Corey alleged that recorded phone calls in April between Zimmerman, while he was in Seminole County Jail, and his wife showed that the couple "spoke in code to hide what they were doing" regarding more than $135,000 in a credit union account belonging to the couple.

The money was apparently donated by members of the public to Zimmerman's website.

Zimmerman "fully controlled and participated in the transfer of money from the PayPal account to defendant and his wife's credit union accounts," Corey said in court records. "This occurred prior to the time defendant was arguing to the court that he was indigent and his wife had no money."
That's a lot of money donated to get Zimmerman off. How much more will be donated if the names of witnesses are released?
De la Rionda also voiced worries about witnesses being "reluctant to testify" for fear that their privacy would be violated and other witnesses being "harassed by media representatives."

Specifically, the state wants the names and addresses of witnesses kept out of the public record.

Here's a question I have: is the fact that Zimmerman may have lied about his bond to the judge admissible at trial? Can it be used to challenge his credibility in general?
No. Did Zimmerman actually say anything about his finances at the bond hearing?
I think everything he said was directly related to his unwelcomed apology. But O'Mara did say that George and his family had informed him that they were extremely limited financially. Corey is calling the wife a liar and based on the tapes, I think that is fair. So, since George himself didn't speak personally to his finances then this doesn't fall back on him even though his attorney said George said he was broke? Just askin'.

I think everything he said was directly related to his unwelcomed apology. But O'Mara did say that George and his family had informed him that they were extremely limited financially. Corey is calling the wife a liar and based on the tapes, I think that is fair. So, since George himself didn't speak personally to his finances then this doesn't fall back on him even though his attorney said George said he was broke? Just askin'.
It's irrelevant.

Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. ordered Zimmerman to surrender to the county sheriff within 48 hours. Lester accused Zimmerman of having misrepresented how much money he had when his bond was originally set in April. Prosecutors say he had $135,000 at the time Zimmerman's wife, Shellie, told the court, under oath, that they were indigent.
Lester appeared angry that the court had not been told about the money. "Does your client get to sit there like a potted palm and let you lead me down the primrose path?" he asked Zimmerman's lawyer. "That's the issue."

It's irrelevant.
The fact that he and his wife are liars is relevant.

It's irrelevant.
Had Zimmerman said anything about his finances at the bond hearing would that be relevant?

It's irrelevant.
Had Zimmerman said anything about his finances at the bond hearing would that be relevant?
im guessing he meant it was irrelevant that zimmerman didnt mention it himself at the bond hearing.He`s still responsible

Last edited by a moderator:
It's irrelevant.
Maybe in that vacuum between your ears.

It's irrelevant.
im guessing he meant it was irrelevant that zimmerman didnt mention it himself at the bond hearing.He`s still responsible
His lawyer alleged it in his bond motion. He's a big fat liar.

It's irrelevant.
Guess again. It's irrelevant to the trial.

It's irrelevant.
Don't have a leg to stand on, so make stuff up and start with the insults? Classic Christo.

It's irrelevant.
Don't have a leg to stand on, so make stuff up and start with the insults? Classic Christo.
:lmao:

It's irrelevant.
There we go.

It's irrelevant.
who said it was?

Regarding Zimmerman's finances, Corey alleged that recorded phone calls in April between Zimmerman, while he was in Seminole County Jail, and his wife showed that the couple "spoke in code to hide what they were doing" regarding more than $135,000 in a credit union account belonging to the couple. The money was apparently donated by members of the public to Zimmerman's website.

Zimmerman "fully controlled and participated in the transfer of money from the PayPal account to defendant and his wife's credit union accounts," Corey said in court records. "This occurred prior to the time defendant was arguing to the court that he was indigent and his wife had no money."

In late April, Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, said that the money raised by the website was put into a trust account that the attorney controls. But Corey stated in court documents Friday: "The money still belongs to defendant and he can demand it at any time."

Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. ordered Zimmerman to surrender to the county sheriff within 48 hours. Lester accused Zimmerman of having misrepresented how much money he had when his bond was originally set in April. Prosecutors say he had $135,000 at the time Zimmerman's wife, Shellie, told the court, under oath, that they were indigent.
Lester appeared angry that the court had not been told about the money. "Does your client get to sit there like a potted palm and let you lead me down the primrose path?" he asked Zimmerman's lawyer. "That's the issue."
Define 'money'./Zimmerman

It's irrelevant.
who said it was?
Read what you've quoted and get back to us.

It's irrelevant.
SANFORD, FL -- The credibility of Trayvon Martin's shooter could be an issue at trial after a judge said that George Zimmerman and his wife lied to the court about their finances to obtain a bond, legal experts say.That's because the case hinges on jurors believing his account of what happened the night the 17-year-old was killed.The questioning of Zimmerman's truthfulness by the judge on Friday could undermine his credibility if it is brought up at trial. It also may complicate how his defense presents him as a witness, said Orlando-area attorney Randy McClean, who is a former prosecutor. "The other key witness, unfortunately, is deceased," McClean said. "Basically, Zimmerman is going to be asking the jury to believe his version of the facts. ... As the case stands now, his credibility is absolutely critical to the case."

Zimmerman has pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder for the February shooting. The neighborhood watch volunteer says he shot Martin in self-defense because the unarmed 17-year-old was beating him up after confronting Zimmerman about following him in a gated community outside Orlando.

Witness accounts of the rainy night Martin was shot are spotty. There is no video of the fight, though photos prosecutors have released showed Zimmerman with wounds to his face and the back of his head.

Zimmerman's credibility would be important if O'Mara tries to get a judge without the jury to dismiss the charges based on the law, said Orlando defense attorney David Hill.

"If he was in on something that was not truthfully revealed to the judge, when there is a `stand your ground' hearing, of course you're going to second-guess him," Hill said.

Both McClean and Hill said O'Mara would be able to challenge the admissibility of the bond revocation at trial by questioning its relevance. Zimmerman was arrested 44 days after the killing, and during a bond hearing in April, his wife, Shellie, testified that the couple had limited funds available. The hearing also was notable because Zimmerman took the stand and apologized to Martin's parents.

Prosecutors pointed out in their motion that Zimmerman had $135,000 available then. It had been raised from donations through a website he set up, and they suggested more has been collected since and deposited in a bank account.

Shellie Zimmerman was asked about the website at the hearing, but she said she didn't know how much money had been raised. Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester set bail at $150,000. The 28-year-old was freed a few days later after posting $15,000 in cash -- which is typical -- and has since been in hiding.

Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda complained Friday, "This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny. It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie." The judge agreed and ordered Zimmerman returned to jail by Sunday afternoon.

"Does your client get to sit there like a potted plant and lead the court down the primrose path? That's the issue," Lester said. "He can't sit back and obtain the benefit of a lower bond based upon those material falsehoods."

The defense countered that Zimmerman and his wife never used the money for anything, which indicated "there was no deceit." His attorney, Mark O'Mara, said it wouldn't be a problem to bring Zimmerman back into custody by the deadline.

The judge said he would schedule a hearing after Zimmerman is back in custody so he could explain himself.

"We fully expect that the special prosecutor will make George Zimmerman's credibility be front and center in this entire case," Crump said. "And whatever dishonesty that comes forth by George Zimmerman that they can prove, you can best believe it will become the issue of this case."

Prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda revealed that the couple had jailhouse phone conversations days before the bond hearing in which they talked about having raised about $135,000 through the website.

They were even using codes…thinking that the police are going to be really stupid when listening to these calls and wouldn’t know what was going on.”

This was probably the code...Zimmerman:"Etgay teh oneymay and utpay it omewheresay that the rosecutorspay an'tcay indfay out about it."

Wow, so Christo is wrong about this? Interesting.
It's not that interesting. He's wrong a lot, he just never admits it so it lulls people into thinking he knows what he's talking about.
Both McClean and Hill said O'Mara would be able to challenge the admissibility of the bond revocation at trial by questioning its relevance.
So you're saying you MIGHT be right? Baby steps, Christo, baby steps.

It's not that interesting. He's wrong a lot, he just never admits it so it lulls people into thinking he knows what he's talking about.
Both McClean and Hill said O'Mara would be able to challenge the admissibility of the bond revocation at trial by questioning its relevance.
So you're saying you MIGHT be right? Baby steps, Christo, baby steps.
It's irrelevant.

What did Zimmerman say that was untruthful?
I dunno. The legal experts in that article seem to contradict your assertion that it's irrelevant, that's all. Obviously, Zimmerman's attorney will seek to make this whole line of questioning inadmissibile, and just as obviously you agree with him. But that doesn't make you correct that it WILL be inadmissible. Guess we'll find out. Mind you, I'm not challenging you myself. I don't know enough to do so. But according to the article, legal experts, including former prosecutors, do disagree.

These legal experts both agreed.
That's agreeing Christo may be right while further stoking the story's fuel. I think the relevance might be an interesting argument.

That he didnt have money, by way of not correcting the statement that he and his wife didn't have money.And then trying to hide the very fact that he did have money, knew about it and willfully tried to use deception to keep it hidden.
So he didn't say anything.
Doesn't matter. He was fully aware and proceeded to deceive the court.

That's agreeing Christo may be right while further stoking the story's fuel. I think the relevance might be an interesting argument.
When I originally asked the question of whether or not this was admissible at trial, Christo didn't respond, "I'm not sure, but the defense will certainly challenge it, and personally I don't think it should be admissible." Instead he answered, "No." and "It's irrelevant." Christo makes these dogmatic statements as if he's the sole authority of our legal system, rarely if ever explains himself, and insults anyone who disagrees with him. In this case, it sounds like the admissibility of this stuff is an open question. And that makes Christo wrong.

That he didnt have money, by way of not correcting the statement that he and his wife didn't have money.And then trying to hide the very fact that he did have money, knew about it and willfully tried to use deception to keep it hidden.
How did he deceive the court?

When I originally asked the question of whether or not this was admissible at trial, Christo didn't respond, "I'm not sure, but the defense will certainly challenge it, and personally I don't think it should be admissible." Instead he answered, "No." and "It's irrelevant." Christo makes these dogmatic statements as if he's the sole authority of our legal system, rarely if ever explains himself, and insults anyone who disagrees with him. In this case, it sounds like the admissibility of this stuff is an open question. And that makes Christo wrong.

By lying about his financial status. If not in court, than he gave deceptive information to his attorney. Lying either way.

Of course they would challenge it, thats there job. Its very hurtful to there clients believability

By lying about his financial status. If not in court, than he gave deceptive information to his attorney. Lying either way.
But you just said he didn't say anything. How could he lie if he didn't say anything?

Users who are viewing this thread