What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Florida boy killed by Neighborhood Watch (2 Viewers)

Oh look, he didn't:

"Does your client get to sit there like a potted plant and lead the court down the primrose path? That's the issue," Lester said. "He can't sit back and obtain the benefit of a lower bond based upon those material falsehoods."
Oh look, he did!
No, the material falsehoods were made by Zimmerman's wife not Zimmerman. The judge was saying that Zimmerman can't rely on those falsehoods. He did not say Zimmerman lied.
Then why was his bond revoked and hes going back to jail?

Oh look, he didn't:

"Does your client get to sit there like a potted plant and lead the court down the primrose path? That's the issue," Lester said. "He can't sit back and obtain the benefit of a lower bond based upon those material falsehoods."
Oh look, he did!
No, the material falsehoods were made by Zimmerman's wife not Zimmerman. The judge was saying that Zimmerman can't rely on those falsehoods. He did not say Zimmerman lied.
His bond was revoked because he has more money that his wife testified about him having.

Oh look, he didn't:

Oh look, he did!
His bond was revoked because he has more money that his wife testified about him having.
Accused of murdering unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin, Mr. Zimmerman had posted a $150,000 bond in April after declaring, through his lawyer, that he was out of work and basically indigent. His parents, too, said they had little money....like i said already, his lawyer was a pawn.

Last edited by a moderator:
And here's the transcript of Zimmerman's wife's testimony http://www.scribd.com/doc/95589259/Zimmerman-April-20-2012-Hearing-Transcript

Obviously she lied. But the more interesting part is that the website was disclosed. Why didn't the prosecution ask for a continuance so that the money from the website could be documented? Why did the judge set the bond without knowing how much money there was?

Looks like a bunch of people who didn't do there jobs looking for a scapegoat.

During the hearing, prosecutors introduced several recordings of telephone conversations between Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, made while he was in jail. In one such recording, they can be heard speaking cryptically about a second passport in his possession. Zimmerman was ordered by the judge to hand over his passport so he couldn’t flee the country, but Zimmerman applied for a second passport after the shooting, saying his first one had been stolen.

In other recordings Zimmerman’s wife, who testified at his bond hearing, called him from a credit union where she had an account linked to the “Real George Zimmerman” Pay Pal account, which at the time had about $130,000 in it. Prosecutors contend that she was “intimately involved in the deposit and transfer of funds and money into various accounts.”

Add this all up and you have nothing but 2 BIG LIARS

Oh look, he didn't:

Oh look, he did!
Dammit, now I'm being fished by Christo. That's not how this is supposed to work...

During the hearing, prosecutors introduced several recordings of telephone conversations between Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, made while he was in jail. In one such recording, they can be heard speaking cryptically about a second passport in his possession. Zimmerman was ordered by the judge to hand over his passport so he couldn’t flee the country, but Zimmerman applied for a second passport after the shooting, saying his first one had been stolen.

In other recordings Zimmerman’s wife, who testified at his bond hearing, called him from a credit union where she had an account linked to the “Real George Zimmerman” Pay Pal account, which at the time had about $130,000 in it. Prosecutors contend that she was “intimately involved in the deposit and transfer of funds and money into various accounts.”

After the shooting? The prosecution's motion says the second passport was applied for in 2004. Where are you getting this crap?

After the shooting? The prosecution's motion says the second passport was applied for in 2004. Where are you getting this crap?
Its called google, you should try it

So what did he say?
Unless his lawyer just made stuff up, he said he was unemployed and had no financial resources.
What did he say?
Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda complained Friday, "This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny. It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie." The judge agreed and ordered Zimmerman returned to jail by Sunday afternoon.

Too bad for Zimmerman that Christo wasn't the judge. Judge Christo would have said, "It wasn't a lie, because Zimmerman never said anything to me directly about it."What a crock of ####.
I still haven't heard what he said that was a lie.
Irrelevant.
It's very relevant given the fact we're dicussing whether it can be used against him.
Fully Complicit.
How do you know?
Speaking in code with his wife about money and his 2nd passport. Give it up.
:lmao:

I do enjoy reading Christo get knocked around by Busted Knuckles and others, but at bottom I think he might be right about this. Or at least, let's just say I think he SHOULD be right about this. Not about whether or not it was Zimmerman who actually lied or his wife lied- that's just foolishness. But about whether any of this stuff can be used at trial.

My knowledge of the legal system is limited to what I read and watch on TV, but I have to believe that whether or not Zimmerman lied to his attorney or the judge about finances has nothing to do with his encounter with Trayvon Martin. Plus, let's be practical: if this evidence was admitted, and Zimmerman was found guilty, it would be a prime argument for appeal by Z's attorney. No judge is going to allow that.

So I suspect that the jury for this trial will learn nothing about Zimmerman lying about his bond- at least, not from the trial itself.

So what did he say?
Unless his lawyer just made stuff up, he said he was unemployed and had no financial resources.
What did he say?
Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda complained Friday, "This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny. It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie." The judge agreed and ordered Zimmerman returned to jail by Sunday afternoon.

Too bad for Zimmerman that Christo wasn't the judge. Judge Christo would have said, "It wasn't a lie, because Zimmerman never said anything to me directly about it."What a crock of ####.
I still haven't heard what he said that was a lie.
Irrelevant.
It's very relevant given the fact we're dicussing whether it can be used against him.
Fully Complicit.
How do you know?
Because of his statements with his wife in Jail, that are recorded. There is no doubt whatsoever.
You've heard them and decoded them I guess..Since you're such a great decoder, there are a couple of posts from earlier I need your help with..

Your claims mirror the allegations from the prosecutor who's job it is to be anti-zimmerman.. Thats right, prosecutor gets paid to be anti-zimmerman.. You missed your calling bud.

Yes I underlined allegation... Because there are 2 sides to every story..

When are you folks going to realize that Christo is as useless a testes on a mule? He's a contract lawyer that pushes paper for lawyers that actually practice in a court of law. Most of his time is spent fapping to pron.

How many successful lawyers do you know that have enough time to waste on a message board?
I have no idea since I don't know that many successful lawyers, but of his 35,000+ posts, it seems most have been during the week, usually during working hours where presumably he should be working on what what his clients pay him for rather than all the argumentative nonsense he posts here. Maybe he is such a brilliant legal mind that he can do 2 hours of work in an 8 hour workday and spend the other 6 hours posting in places like this forum - but I doubt it.

Your claims mirror the allegations from the prosecutor who's job it is to be anti-zimmerman.. Thats right, prosecutor gets paid to be anti-zimmerman.. You missed your calling bud.

The judge ruled on which side was the truth.

When are you folks going to realize that Christo is as useless a testes on a mule? He's a contract lawyer that pushes paper for lawyers that actually practice in a court of law. Most of his time is spent fapping to pron.

How many successful lawyers do you know that have enough time to waste on a message board?
I have no idea since I don't know that many successful lawyers, but of his 35,000+ posts, it seems most have been during the week, usually during working hours where presumably he should be working on what what his clients pay him for rather than all the argumentative nonsense he posts here. Maybe he is such a brilliant legal mind that he can do 2 hours of work in an 8 hour workday and spend the other 6 hours posting in places like this forum - but I doubt it.
Christo's response: :lmao:

In the article I read, Zim's attorney has yet to give their position/explanation..

In the article I read, Zim's attorney has yet to give their position/explanation..
And until he does, Carolina Hustler is in a holding pattern. How can CH know what position to take on this matter until he's received his instructions?

In an interview,Zimmerman`s lawyer Mr. O’Mara said: “Was it a misrepresentation? Possibly. It looks like they should have told the judge about the money.

In an interview,Zimmerman`s lawyer Mr. O'Mara said: "Was it a misrepresentation? Possibly. It looks like they should have told the judge about the money.
Christo:

1. "Possibly a misrepresentation" doesn't mean it WAS a misreprentation.2. A misrepresentation is not the same as a lie.

3. "It looks like" they should have told the judge doesn't mean they SHOULD have told the judge.

4. This is a statement by Zimmerman's lawyer, NOT by Zimmerman.

5. :lmao:

In an interview,Zimmerman`s lawyer Mr. O'Mara said: "Was it a misrepresentation? Possibly. It looks like they should have told the judge about the money.
Christo:

1. "Possibly a misrepresentation" doesn't mean it WAS a misreprentation.2. A misrepresentation is not the same as a lie.

3. "It looks like" they should have told the judge doesn't mean they SHOULD have told the judge.

:hifive: yup!!!

Christo:

You got the Christo schtick down pat. :thumbup: :pickle:

Not if it leads to the incorrect facts you rely upon.

I do enjoy reading Christo get knocked around by Busted Knuckles and others, but at bottom I think he might be right about this. Or at least, let's just say I think he SHOULD be right about this. Not about whether or not it was Zimmerman who actually lied or his wife lied- that's just foolishness. But about whether any of this stuff can be used at trial. My knowledge of the legal system is limited to what I read and watch on TV, but I have to believe that whether or not Zimmerman lied to his attorney or the judge about finances has nothing to do with his encounter with Trayvon Martin. Plus, let's be practical: if this evidence was admitted, and Zimmerman was found guilty, it would be a prime argument for appeal by Z's attorney. No judge is going to allow that. So I suspect that the jury for this trial will learn nothing about Zimmerman lying about his bond- at least, not from the trial itself.
:rolleyes:

I do enjoy reading Christo get knocked around by Busted Knuckles and others, but at bottom I think he might be right about this. Or at least, let's just say I think he SHOULD be right about this. Not about whether or not it was Zimmerman who actually lied or his wife lied- that's just foolishness. But about whether any of this stuff can be used at trial. My knowledge of the legal system is limited to what I read and watch on TV, but I have to believe that whether or not Zimmerman lied to his attorney or the judge about finances has nothing to do with his encounter with Trayvon Martin. Plus, let's be practical: if this evidence was admitted, and Zimmerman was found guilty, it would be a prime argument for appeal by Z's attorney. No judge is going to allow that. So I suspect that the jury for this trial will learn nothing about Zimmerman lying about his bond- at least, not from the trial itself.
:rolleyes:
grrrreat comeback :lmao:

Ask yourselves how much time it takes to post one of those.

we all have the same sources , its just a matter of accepting them as truth or not.

we all have the same sources , its just a matter of accepting them as truth or not.
I don't even know what this means. You posted something that was clearly incorrect without providing a link. Then when I call you on it you make a dumb statement that's somehow supposed to be a gotcha.And this is the guy timid thinks is knocking me around. :lmao:

I don't even know what this means. You posted something that was clearly incorrect without providing a link. Then when I call you on it you make a dumb statement that's somehow supposed to be a gotcha.And this is the guy timid thinks is knocking me around. :lmao:
have you provided proof its NOT correct?

Based on your overall 35,000+ post count and considering about half are emoticons or one word responses - I would guess hundreds of hours during the work day over the years that maybe you should have spent actually doing the legal work you were hired for.

Yes, I provided a link to the prosecution's motion. It's not my fault you didn't bother to read it.

Based on your overall 35,000+ post count and considering about half are emoticons or one word responses - I would guess hundreds of hours during the work day over the years that maybe you should have spent actually doing the legal work you were hired for.
It's nice to see you don't know what you're talking about. :lmao:

Yes, I provided a link to the prosecution's motion. It's not my fault you didn't bother to read it.
Did it look like this??? In regards to Zimmerman's passport mix up, the motion uses state department records to prove the existence of a second passport. Records show Zimmerman applied for a second passport in 2004 because the passport he surrendered to the judge "was lost or stolen." Zimmerman was granted a new passport that wouldn't expire until 2014. In a recorded phone call from a few days before the April 20 bond hearing, George and Shelley talked about the passport:

Defendant: Do you know what? I think my passport is in that bag.

Shelley Zimmerman: I have one for you in a safety deposit box...

Defendant: OK, you hold on to that.

Shelley Zimmerman: For you...

It's going to be pretty difficult for Zimmerman's attorney to argue he's not a flight risk now. Zimmerman has yet to turn himself in, and has an active passport.

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-busted-recorded-phone-calls-171847115.html

Did it look like this??? In regards to Zimmerman's passport mix up, the motion uses state department records to prove the existence of a second passport. Records show Zimmerman applied for a second passport in 2004 because the passport he surrendered to the judge "was lost or stolen." Zimmerman was granted a new passport that wouldn't expire until 2014. In a recorded phone call from a few days before the April 20 bond hearing, George and Shelley talked about the passport:

It's going to be pretty difficult for Zimmerman's attorney to argue he's not a flight risk now. Zimmerman has yet to turn himself in, and has an active passport.

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman-busted-recorded-phone-calls-171847115.html
I bolded it for you in case you didn't bother to read what you copied.

Maybe he should've done that before the judge banged the gavel.

I bolded it for you in case you didn't bother to read what you copied.
and what exactly is the point you are trying to prove???? :confused: In a packed Florida courtroom in April, George Zimmerman’s defense lawyer surrendered his client’s passport—a gesture to show that Zimmerman would not attempt to flee the country if he were released on bond.

It now appears that Zimmerman had another passport he didn’t hand over.

According to startling new disclosures by prosecutors in the case (PDF), the state attorney’s office says Zimmerman failed to give the court another valid American passport he had obtained in 2004.

Prosecutors said Zimmerman got his second passport after claiming he’d lost his original one, which expired at the end of May 2012. It was that original passport which he turned over to the court; the second passport, which is valid until 2014, remained in his possession.

In court documents, State Attorney Angela B. Corey also said that Zimmerman had two passports, and the passport that he surrendered to the court at the April hearing was one that Zimmerman had reported stolen on March 8, 2004. That passport was valid until May 2012, Corey said.Zimmerman was issued a second passport on March 26, 2004, and that one is valid until 2014, she said.The prosecutor asked the court that Zimmerman be ordered to surrender the second passport to authorities.But Lester appeared to accept the explanation from Zimmerman's lawyer that his client had given him the second passport, and the lawyer simply forgot to hand it over to authorities until Friday.
The above was in the link TexasFan posted initially - second passport was applied for back in 2004. Zimmerman's lawyer had the second passport and the judge (Lester) was fine with the explanation. Discussion on the finances is fine - not sure why the passport is even open for discussion.

and what exactly is the point you are trying to prove???? :confused:

In a packed Florida courtroom in April, George Zimmerman’s defense lawyer surrendered his client’s passport—a gesture to show that Zimmerman would not attempt to flee the country if he were released on bond.

According to startling new disclosures by prosecutors in the case (PDF), the state attorney’s office says Zimmerman failed to give the court another valid American passport he had obtained in 2004.

Prosecutors said Zimmerman got his second passport after claiming he’d lost his original one, which expired at the end of May 2012. It was that original passport which he turned over to the court; the second passport, which is valid until 2014, remained in his possession.
BK - you initially posted that Zimmerman applied for the second passport after the shooting. That was not a correct statement proven in the prosecutions motion and in the original link from TexasFan.

In court documents, State Attorney Angela B. Corey also said that Zimmerman had two passports, and the passport that he surrendered to the court at the April hearing was one that Zimmerman had reported stolen on March 8, 2004. That passport was valid until May 2012, Corey said.

Zimmerman was issued a second passport on March 26, 2004, and that one is valid until 2014, she said.

The prosecutor asked the court that Zimmerman be ordered to surrender the second passport to authorities.

But Lester appeared to accept the explanation from Zimmerman's lawyer that his client had given him the second passport, and the lawyer simply forgot to hand it over to authorities until Friday.
The above was in the link TexasFan posted initially - second passport was applied for back in 2004. Zimmerman's lawyer had the second passport and the judge (Lester) was fine with the explanation. Discussion on the finances is fine - not sure why the passport is even open for discussion.
The only reason I was discussing the passport is because someone posted a quote without a link that said Zimmerman had applied for the second passport after the shooting.

In a packed Florida courtroom in April, George Zimmerman’s defense lawyer surrendered his client’s passport—a gesture to show that Zimmerman would not attempt to flee the country if he were released on bond.

BK - you initially posted that Zimmerman applied for the second passport after the shooting. That was not a correct statement proven in the prosecutions motion and in the original link from TexasFan.
im only posting whats in the news, take it up with them

You're better than that.

Holy crap, once again I'm in a conversation with someone who doesn't even know what the conversation is about.
Dude, you make it impossible to follow what you are talking about because you talk in circles :loco:
What is circular about this?

I bolded the statement I was talking about and asked a direct question about the statement I bolded.

You're better than that.
Just to clarify though since you're only posting what's in the news - can I have a link from where you posted that he applied for it after the shooting (so I can take it up with them)?

You're better than that.
No, he's not.

Users who are viewing this thread