What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Free Subscription - FanDuel Promo (1 Viewer)

Rhythmdoctor

Footballguy
I already know I'll get flamed for this post but it needs to be said, imo. Some may think I'm over-reacting. I don't think I am. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel different.

Why the price discrimination toward current FanDuel customers (who have already deposited money)? I mean I understand why the discrimination exists, but is it really necessary? I guess the downside of this decision - offending current/active FanDuel customers - wasn't taken seriously.

I'll be honest, as a long-time subscriber to another FF site, I was planning on trying out FG this season instead of my homer site but this discrimination turns me off. Sure, I could start another FD account under my wife's name etc... There are ways around it but that's what makes the exclusion extra dumb. I don't want 2 FanDuel accounts, nor should I have to do all of that in order to get a deal that others are getting just because they are "new" FD customers. If I'm willing to deposit $25 into my active account, I should get the free subscription. If there's a loophole that allows customers to take advantage of the promotion, then you might as well grant the promotion to anyone who deposits the $25, regardless of their past deposits to FanDuel. The days of companies taking advantage of the loyalty and/or complacency of customers is coming to an end, which makes this unfair promotion extra frustrating. As a customer of FanDuel and potential FG subscriber, I'm turned off by this.

I'm sure the FG vets will flame the hell out of me. But I would hope the average consumer, bias aside, can recognize the injustice of price discrimination and realize that a business, especially a service or informational business, can be easily replicated and replaced. Customers need to understand their power and leverage and demand justice when it's not being delivered. I'm not trying to downplay the work that goes into a site like this, but let's be real. It's much easier to create an informational website than say manufacture airplanes. Taking advantage of people who crave the competition offered by FD is bad mojo if you ask me. There will be another FanDuel just like there are other FF websites to subscribe to.

Rant over.

I will do my best to answer this.

FanDuel is looking to grow their business with NEW CUSTOMERS. Their business model shows new customers depositing money with them are worth X dollars to them over the long run.

They struck a deal with us where they would pay for the cost of a FBG subscription, provided it was a new customer to them.

We took them up on this deal, because we knew MANY people would benefit from such a deal. Everyone won't and we get that ruffles the few that can't take advantage of it. This is very similar though to Poker Bonuses for new signups. For those not able to do this deal, most got some kind of deal when they signed up initially for FanDuel (free money, etc).

you see this type of thing all over. satellite, cable, auto shops, cell phones, long distance, poker rooms.... honestly, you should use the sites and services that you like the best. if you want to shake things up and try another site, go for it. as a consumer you should explore your options. don't be surprised or offended if other sites do the same thing to attract new customers. it's just good business and sometimes you can cash in, other times, you can't.

I wanted to respond to this earlier, but didn't want to bump it after it had made it to the second page.

If one of your buddies got a raise at work would you be happy for him or would you be jealous because on a relative basis you now make less?

I also wasn't able to take advantage of their offer last year, but the product is definitely worth the price tag in my mind.

Running a business, you can't make a product that appeals to everyone - that is how you quickly fail at any business venture . If you don't think their product is worth the money, don't subscribe. They do not have an obligation to earn your business. You have the right to not subscribe, but the impact to them is that they don't get your money. Why waste your time complaining about it?

ETA: can understand that FBG might not want to lock these type of threads. But just my opinion, I would be completely fine with moving these type of threads to a different forum since it is not NFL talk and not actually beneficial to other members. To be clear, not complaining that this is here but wanted to voice support for different options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to respond to this earlier, but didn't want to bump it after it had made it to the second page.

If one of your buddies got a raise at work would you be happy for him or would you be jealous because on a relative basis you now make less?

I also wasn't able to take advantage of their offer last year, but the product is definitely worth the price tag in my mind.

Running a business, you can't make a product that appeals to everyone - that is how you quickly fail at any business venture . If you don't think their product is worth the money, don't subscribe. They do not have an obligation to earn your business. You have the right to not subscribe, but the impact to them is that they don't get your money. Why waste your time complaining about it?

ETA: can understand that FBG might not want to lock these type of threads. But just my opinion, I would be completely fine with moving these type of threads to a different forum since it is not NFL talk and not actually beneficial to other members. To be clear, not complaining that this is here but wanted to voice support for different options.
The reason for voicing my opinion is to try to get the deal and let management know it is an unfair promotion, imo. Your "buddy at work" comparison is not remotely close to this situation.

The reason for voicing my opinion is to try to get the deal and let management know it is an unfair promotion, imo. Your "buddy at work" comparison is not remotely close to this situation.
Putting aside the fact that this is a dooshy, whiney angle to take, you do also realize that you're complaining to the wrong "management," right?

Putting aside the fact that this is a dooshy, whiney angle to take, you do also realize that you're complaining to the wrong "management," right?
Classy move name-calling. After Dodds explained the promotion in more detail, I now understand this is more FanDuel than FG. Congrats on being an A$$hole.

Users who are viewing this thread