What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Footballguys Staff League (1 Viewer)

I like Grays team the best  so far.
That's only because you're a smart guy. :thumbup:
I like Clayton's taste in music, too...missed drafting vs. you last night, Clayton. No-one to talk about the soundtrack with...
Ditto. When I asked, "Is anyone else lucky enough to be listening to Mastodon?", the response was :crickets: .Oh well.

Plummer, Jake DEN QB - 9 10.09 Delhomme, Jake CAR QB - 7 13.02 Pennington, Chad NYJ QB - 8 14.09 Alexander, Shaun SEA RB - 8 1.02 Green, Ahman GBP RB - 6 2.09 Brown, Ronnie MIA RB - 4 7.02 Williams, Ricky MIA RB - 4 11.02 Pittman, Michael TBB RB - 7 12.09 Davis, Stephen CAR RB - 7 19.02 Harrison, Marvin IND WR - 8 3.02 Horn, Joe NOS WR - 10 4.09 Ward, Hines PIT WR - 4 5.02 Williams, Roy DET WR - 3 6.09 Evans, Lee BUF WR - 9 8.09 Heap, Todd BAL TE - 3 9.02 Franks, Bubba GBP TE - 6 20.09 Akers, David PHI PK - 6 16.09 Wilkins, Jeff STL PK - 9 18.09 Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def - 7 15.02 Falcons, Atlanta ATL Def - 8 17.02 Hopefully this team will be stronger than my team last season.After seeing the RB runs from the first night, one of the things I knew is that I wasn't going after any QBs early. Every owner that went after the Early QBs really lost value in other positions. EXCEPT MT. His play was pretty damn brilliant IMHO. Might work for him, it might not. He took Peyton in the second and never took another QB. As long as Peyton is healthy, and he will be, MT was able to pick up more value in other rounds.I expected my QBs would be alot worse with my plan to wait until deep into the draft. I was struggling between Delhomme and Plummer for my 1st QB, and in the end, got them both. I wanted to add Leftwich as my 3rd QB, and he was available, but his Bye week clashed with Delhomme. Ended up taking Pennington, but would have preferred Leftwich.Speaking of Bye weeks, I completely mismanaged my bye weeks last year. Complete botch job. This year I was almost obsessive about it.I wanted Droughins in the 12th round, but Dr D. took him 2 picks in front of me. He had some buyers remorse, and traded Droughins to me 10 minutes later for Pittman. Pitman might be huge in a point for reception league, but I can't ever see starting him over Alexander and Ahman and if Droughins hits, it will be worth it. I have strong enough starters that if Droughins is a bust, it shouldn't matter.I was glad to get Ricky Williams to go with Ronnie Brown. Should be able to get something out of that.I only took 5 WRs, but I an EXTREMELY happy with them. I though about drafting a 6th WR, but anyone I drafted would never actually start for me with the crew I have.I passed on Priest with the 2nd overall pick. He could be huge in a reception league, but I didn't want to have to chase/overdraft Larry Johnson or worry about injuries.Not that Kickers are all that important, but I passed on Stover for Wilkins because of bye weeks.Last season I didn't draft a complete roster (2nd TE, 2nd K, 2nd D) thinking I could just pick up what I needed. Didn't go well as I mis-managed it, spent too many free agency bucks, and couldn't bid as well at the end of the season. This season, I wanted to have everything in place from the start.I love Stephen Davis in the 19th. The guy won't play, but I couldn't have drafted anything with more potential at that point.Heap with Bubba Franks added in the 20th round should be more TE than I will ever need.I regret not getting Holt who went a pick before I took Harrison. I had decided that I wasn't going to take TO. Someone else was going to take him, but I might regret that as the season goes along. I was hoping that I would somehow get Fred Taylor, but I wasn't close. I wanted Staley in the 8th, but Dr. D took him two picks in front of me. I wanted Palmer in the 10th, but Dr D. took him two picks ahead of me. I wanted McMichael, but had to take Ricky to protect Ronnie Brown. Dr D. then took McMichael with his next pick. I wanted Droughins, but Dr D. took him 2 picks ahead of me (Later traded Droughins to me though). The moral of the story is don't draft with Doug Drinen. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What was Deuce thinking???  Jason Wood 4th overall???  Worst pick ever.

:D
Really? I would gladly swap Holmes for McAllister. I wanted Deuce to fall to me at 1.05.
:goodposting: I had hoped I would have Edge as an option, and then Deuce would've fallen to you. But once it came down to Priest and Deuce, it wasn't that difficult a decision for me. :no:

I used a somewhat unorthodox strategy of selecting only one QB.Manning, Peyton IND (2.06)McGahee, Willis BUF (1.05)Bennett, Michael MIN (4.06)Brown, Chris TEN (6.06)Jones, Thomas CHI (7.05)Moore, Mewelde MIN (11.05)Taylor, Chester BAL (14.06)Perry, Chris CIN (18.06)Williams, Moe MIN (19.05)Bruce, Isaac STL (5.05)Lelie, Ashley DEN (8.06)Kennison, Eddie KCC (9.05)Moss, Santana WAS (10.06)Stokley, Brandon IND (12.06)Jenkins, Michael ATL (15.05)Williams, Reggie JAC (16.06)Boston, David MIA (17.05)Gonzalez, Tony KCC (3.05)Elam, Jason DEN (13.05)Rams, St. Louis STL (20.06)

I like Grays team the best  so far.
That's only because you're a smart guy. :thumbup:
I like Clayton's taste in music, too...missed drafting vs. you last night, Clayton. No-one to talk about the soundtrack with...
Ditto. When I asked, "Is anyone else lucky enough to be listening to Mastodon?", the response was :crickets: .Oh well.
Not necessarily true. :D
Good point. At the very least, the response was :mellow: .

I used a somewhat unorthodox strategy of selecting only one QB.
That's pretty cool.
1 QB "could" be a problem. ;)
The thinking is likely that another QB will be a waste because a healthy Manning will always be in the starting lineup. He'll be able to pick someone up for his bye week. Of course if there is an injury, then it "would" be a problem.

Dave Shick!

Quarterbacks (QBs)

Vick, Michael ATL QB - 8 7.05

McNair, Steve TEN QB - 10 10.08

Bledsoe, Drew DAL QB - 9 15.05

Running Backs (RBs)

Holmes, Priest KCC RB - 5 1.05

Johnson, Rudi CIN RB - 10 2.08

Staley, Duce PIT RB - 4 8.08

Pittman, Michael TBB RB - 7 9.05

Faulk, Kevin NEP RB - 7 14.08

Wide Receivers (WRs)

Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 3 3.05

Ward, Hines PIT WR - 4 4.08

Smith, Steve CAR WR - 7 5.05

Galloway, Joey TBB WR - 7 12.08

Engram, Bobby SEA WR - 8 13.05

Morgan, Quincy DAL WR - 9 18.08

Tight Ends (TEs)

Heap, Todd BAL TE - 3 6.08

Brady, Kyle JAC TE - 7 20.08

Place Kickers (PKs)

Longwell, Ryan GBP PK - 6 16.08

Kasay, John CAR PK - 7 19.05

Defense/ST

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def - 4 11.05

Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def - 10 17.05

Chris Smith

Quarterbacks (QBs)

Manning, Peyton IND QB - 8 2.07

Boller, Kyle BAL QB - 3 13.06

Running Backs (RBs)

McGahee, Willis BUF RB - 9 1.06

Williams, Carnell TBB RB - 7 3.06

Faulk, Marshall STL RB - 9 7.06

Gore, Frank SFO RB - 6 11.06

Barber, Marion DAL RB - 9 12.07

Fargas, Justin OAK RB - 5 18.07

Sproles, Darren SDC RB - 10 20.07

Wide Receivers (WRs)

Jackson, Darrell SEA WR - 8 4.07

Burleson, Nate MIN WR - 5 5.06

Moss, Santana WAS WR - 3 8.07

Williams, Reggie JAC WR - 7 10.07

Clayton, Mark BAL WR - 3 16.07

Terrell, David NEP WR - 7 19.06

Tight Ends (TEs)

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE - 8 6.07

Smith, Alex TBB TE - 7 17.06

Place Kickers (PKs)

Janikowski, Sebastian OAK PK - 5 14.07

Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC Def - 7 15.06

Defense/ST

Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def - 3 9.06

Interesting to see how Chris Smith suffered with his RB's due to taking Peyton in the second round. If Mc Gahee were to go down, hi season would be over imho !!

Users who are viewing this thread