What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Forget Coach the Year - who was the **worst** NFL coach this year? (1 Viewer)

2023 Worst NFL Coach is:

• Josh McDaniels, LV (fired)

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Frank Reich, CAR (fired)

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Brandon Staley, LAC (fired)

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • Matt Eberflus, CHI

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Bill Belichick, NE

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Mike Tomlin, PIT

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
he refused to budge off of Zach Wilson.
because the other dreck on that roster was so much better?

I see you read a fraction of what I wrote. Maybe read the rest?

Jets could have employed Flacco, you know....the guy who is saving the Browns' season AND PLAYED FOR NY JETS LAST YEAR.....but no, stubborn Saleh went to the podium game after inept game to say Zach Wilson gave them the best chance to win. Idiotic.
So much to say but I'll try to be brief.

I read your whole post. I don't disagree with the overall point that Saleh has done poorly, especially given the expectations to start the season. I do however disagree that sticking with Wilson is evidence of poor judgement. Wilson was their best option and iirc recently won offensive player of the week, so he does show flashes. As for Flacco, there were a bunch of QB needy teams yet none of them went running to knock on his door; saying he's saving their season is a bit much, they won with DTR and PJ as well, and his wins are against the bears and a spiraling jags team with an injured Trevor; and his QB rating last year was worse than Wilson, barely better this year, and he's thrown almost as many ints as he has tds, nearly 2/game. Flacco the statue behind that putrid Jets line wouldn't have been good (like last year).
The Browns had 1 starting offensive linemen last week. Flacco played terribly for 3 quarters. Despite that he rallied everyone together and led the comeback to victory. The Browns are staying in games thanks to the defense, but winning games they shouldn't because of coaching, culture, and leadership from a veteran qb. The Jets have the ingredients to do the same, but failed.

Jets could have employed Flacco, you know....the guy who is saving the Browns' season AND PLAYED FOR NY JETS LAST YEAR.....but no, stubborn Saleh went to the podium game after inept game to say Zach Wilson gave them the best chance to win. Idiotic.

I read your whole post. I don't disagree with the overall point that Saleh has done poorly, especially given the expectations to start the season. I do however disagree that sticking with Wilson is evidence of poor judgement. Wilson was their best option and iirc recently won offensive player of the week, so he does show flashes. As for Flacco, there were a bunch of QB needy teams yet none of them went running to knock on his door; saying he's saving their season is a bit much, they won with DTR and PJ as well, and his wins are against the bears and a spiraling jags team with an injured Trevor; and his QB rating last year was worse than Wilson, barely better this year, and he's thrown almost as many ints as he has tds, nearly 2/game. Flacco the statue behind that putrid Jets line wouldn't have been good (like last year).
The Browns had 1 starting offensive linemen last week. Flacco played terribly for 3 quarters. Despite that he rallied everyone together and led the comeback to victory. The Browns are staying in games thanks to the defense, but winning games they shouldn't because of coaching, culture, and leadership from a veteran qb. The Jets have the ingredients to do the same, but failed.
And all this while Flacco is playing on a level of Kenny Pickett and Desmond Ridder.

And all this while Flacco is playing on a level of Kenny Pickett and Desmond Ridder.
Which is a level higher than Zach Wilson.

The major difference between them is how Flacco responds to failure. He was AWFUL last week, but kept his head on straight and delivered when it counted. On a mentally weaker team like the last 20+ years of the Browns that doesn't happen. This year's Jets are like those teams. New leadership is needed.

The major difference between them is how Flacco responds to failure. He was AWFUL last week, but kept his head on straight and delivered when it counted. On a mentally weaker team like the last 20+ years of the Browns that doesn't happen. This year's Jets are like those teams. New leadership is needed.

New ownership would help too but that's unlikely.

Imma go with Eberflus. Staley was my 1st choice because he made so many head-scratching decisions, but Chicago had more talent this year and badly misused it.

Imma go with Eberflus. Staley was my 1st choice because he made so many head-scratching decisions, but Chicago had more talent this year and badly misused it.
More talent than... the Chargers? Better than Herbert, Ekeler, Keenan, Mack, J Bosa, and Derwin?

More talent than... the Chargers? Better than Herbert, Ekeler, Keenan, Mack, J Bosa, and Derwin?
No, more talent than the Bears had last year. As in, they added weapons yet regressed.

Sorry that was unclear.

Users who are viewing this thread