What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 NFL Coach of the Year - Vote Here, Vote Hard! (1 Viewer)

Your 2023 NFL Head Coach of the Year

• Dan Campbell - Lions +275

Votes: 34 24.6%
  • DeMeco Ryans - Texans +300

Votes: 43 31.2%
  • Shane Steichen - Colts +300

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Mike McDaniel - Dolphins +750

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Kyle Shanahan - 49ers +800

Votes: 12 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • Kevin Stefanski - Browns +1100

Votes: 21 15.2%

• Total voters
Crazy that Matt LaFleur isn't in the mix. Especially with 9 rookies or 2nd yr starters on Offense.

they might not even make the playoffs
Doesn't seem to disqualify Ryans or Steichen

the packers were a .500 team last year and they are again this year. they had more wins than the colts and texans combined last season. they had higher expected wins coming into the season and have fewer actual wins than both the colts and texans. lafleur's far behind ryans and steichen in this discussion.

Reactions: Zow
Ryans and Stefanski feel like the clear top 2 for me. If Houston was just ok, Dtefanski runs away with this. That he secured the playoffs with 4 different starting QBs is impressive. However, that defense is spectacular.

Ryans took over an organization devoid of talent, direction, and leadership. Culley and Lovie were disasters. Easterby was a disaster. Cal McNair is largely clueless as an owner. The Texans had won 11 games in the previous 3 years and 7 in the past two.

Ryans has them exceeding that win total already AND with the most key pieces as rookies. I think CJ rightly gets praise, but what about the coaching that’s enabling him OROY eligible play? Ryans has the Texans on the cusp of the playoffs on the strength of rookie play so I think that puts him over the top.

Ryans and Stefanski feel like the clear top 2 for me. If Houston was just ok, Dtefanski runs away with this. That he secured the playoffs with 4 different starting QBs is impressive. However, that defense is spectacular.

Ryans took over an organization devoid of talent, direction, and leadership. Culley and Lovie were disasters. Easterby was a disaster. Cal McNair is largely clueless as an owner. The Texans had won 11 games in the previous 3 years and 7 in the past two.

Ryans has them exceeding that win total already AND with the most key pieces as rookies. I think CJ rightly gets praise, but what about the coaching that’s enabling him OROY eligible play? Ryans has the Texans on the cusp of the playoffs on the strength of rookie play so I think that puts him over the top.

Agreed - one of them has to win it.

I share every sentiment with this post. I think it's a two-man race (though tons of credit to Steichen, Harbaugh, and Shanahan who very well could have won in any other year) and I like Ryans just a bit better though Stefanski certainly deserves the award as well.

Last edited:

I share every sentiment with this post. I think it's a two-man race (though tons of credit to Steichen, Harbaugh, and Shanahan who very well could have won in any other year) and I like Ryans just a bit better than Stefanski certainly deserves the award as well.

I tip my hat to Ryans as well. That team was supposed to be terrible and if Stroud doesn't get hurt they win that division easily and are a real threat in the playoffs

And Stefanski takes the win.

@TomPelissero

·
5m

The tightest of races: Kevin Stefanski and DeMeco Ryans each received 165 points in voting for AP NFL Coach of the Year, but Stefanski won with 21 first-place votes to Ryans’ 20.

Last edited:
Coach of the Year voting:

• Kevin Stefanski: 21
• DeMeco Ryans: 20
• Dan Campbell: 3
• Kyle Shanahan: 3
• John Harbaugh: 2
• Sean McVay: 1

Users who are viewing this thread