What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fred Jackson Tonight (1 Viewer)

HULLOBUDMAN

Footballguy
Projections with and without Spiller tonight. What are your expections and are you starting him?

Buf is averaging 28 RB carries @ 4.25 ypc and about 5 receptions (FJax @ 8.7 ypr).

Browns allow 2.9 YPC.

So I say WITH SPiller I think he gets a larger share tonight.

17 @ 3.7 YPC for 62 Yards

3 @ 9 YPR for 27 Yards

50/50 shot at a TD for 12-18 fantasy points in PPR. Marginal starter at RB2

WITHOUT SPILLER

24 @ 3.7 YPC for 88 yards

5 rec @ 9 for 45 Yards

75/25 shot at a TD 18-24 points. Great RB2 with RB1 upside

The wildcard to me is how crappy the Thursday games are. I think I will be starting FJax over Powell.

Thoughts?

he sucks hopefully he gets 50 yards rushing and 2 catches for -3 yards and no tds..... Hopefully spiller plays and takes most of the runs... Cleveland is also Mean stiff when giving up running yards. Top 5 in the league, they quieted GIO who was goin nuts previous two. I wouldn't look for huge numbers from buffalo at all, gonna be another boring thursday night no stat game in my honest opinion.

In PPR leagues he has put up roughly 15 every game so far, he has actually been pretty good... I'm debating playing him or if I sit him it will be Kenbrell Thompkins or Gronk if he plays.

if you have no other option then yes start him. cle is 6th ranked against the rush so he will have to earn his yards

4th ranked in yardage and best in ypa at 2.9. You aren't running on them especially if your BUFFALO.

I am starting him at Flex in PPR league...he has been good so far and it looks like Spiller will be limited at BEST, if he plays at all... So I am hoping for your:

WITHOUT SPILLER!!!

5 rec @ 9 for 45 Yards

75/25 shot at a TD 18-24 points. Great RB2 with RB1 upside.

Good Luck!

I am starting him at Flex in PPR league...he has been good so far and it looks like Spiller will be limited at BEST, if he plays at all... So I am hoping for your:

WITHOUT SPILLER!!!

5 rec @ 9 for 45 Yards

75/25 shot at a TD 18-24 points. Great RB2 with RB1 upside.

Good Luck!
pipedreamer. he will be lucky to score 10 in ppr.

he sucks hopefully he gets 50 yards rushing and 2 catches for -3 yards and no tds..... Hopefully spiller plays and takes most of the runs... Cleveland is also Mean stiff when giving up running yards. Top 5 in the league, they quieted GIO who was goin nuts previous two. I wouldn't look for huge numbers from buffalo at all, gonna be another boring thursday night no stat game in my honest opinion.
Lol! You're a joke. Clearly a bitter spiller owner who failed to pick up Freddie.

But thanks for your 'honest opinion'.

Fjax has been money in the bank for 13 ppg in ppr (WITH SPILLER).

He ain't sexy - but he is efficient. You can call him Mister Jackson...

If you're nasty.

Great thread everyone. Good to see the sharks swimming.

Any updates as to whether Spiller is playing?

Last I saw was this morning - said Spiller looks like a legit game time decision and it'll be based on how he feels during warmups

With byes I have to decide between Deangelo and FJAX. I think in a PPR FJAX can hold his own . I expect Cleveland to be up(who would have thought I would be saying this two weeks ago). I look for BuffLo to struggle to run but will have some success with short range passes over the middle. FJAX could be the beneficiary of some of this.

HULLOBUDMAN said:
The wildcard to me is how crappy the Thursday games are.
Thursday games can be much worse than average for QBs and WRs, but they have been slightly better than average for RBs.

If Spiller is out, FJax is a value play assuming he can carry the load. A lot of unknowns with Spiller listed as a GTD and Fred nursing what was reported as an MCL strain but probable. FJax and Woods (Hayden on Johnson) seem to be the better plays for Bills tonight.

With spiller playing if you have fjax and spiller, who are you playing?
I think Jackson is the safer play. Higher ceiling with Spiller though.

ETA: I think you really need to monitor the reports on Spiller up until gametime as to how good he really feels on the ankle. If he's starting, that's a good sign. If Jackson starts, play Jackson without thinking twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both, and if I had to choose between Spiller and Jackson, I'd go with Jackson.

But I'm rolling with McGahee tonight over them both.

Too much risk with either player - Spiller could have 2 carries and be done for the night, or he could go off. Same goes for Jackson.

Whole lotta bad choices going on there.

I have both, and if I had to choose between Spiller and Jackson, I'd go with Jackson.

But I'm rolling with McGahee tonight over them both.

Too much risk with either player - Spiller could have 2 carries and be done for the night, or he could go off. Same goes for Jackson.

Whole lotta bad choices going on there.
Me too, yuck

I'm a Spiller owner and he has done very little up to this point in standard scoring leagues, so why expect him to have a big night when he has a bum ankle and playing a top 5 run defense? It does not seem to be a good gamble. Same for Fred as far as that goes, unless Spiller cannot answer the bell and Fred inherits all the carries and 3rd down work.

Agreed, get the tv on early and see if you can get a glimpse of either RB on the field or monitor twitter and other feeds for info right up until game time if you do not have other options.

I'm going against the numbers and starting Spiller and Jackson. I just have a hunch the Bills roll up some serious rushing yds tonight.

And with Haden and Co. locking down WR's, look for the RBs to be involved in the passing game as well.

TwinTurbo said:
I'm going against the numbers and starting Spiller and Jackson. I just have a hunch the Bills roll up some serious rushing yds tonight.

And with Haden and Co. locking down WR's, look for the RBs to be involved in the passing game as well.
:pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

Did my best to remove Freddy from my starting lineup, but CBS locked my lineup 5 minutes prior to kickoff.

:pickle:

TwinTurbo said:

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle:
Good call, especially against a stout CLE front seven.

TNF really does work wonders for RBs. Even old man McGahee got his tonight.

Fjax has been some serious value for guys who got him cheap based on the Spiller hype. Wish I wouldn't have bought into that hype and stuck with him.

Fjax has been some serious value for guys who got him cheap based on the Spiller hype. Wish I wouldn't have bought into that hype and stuck with him.
He's been on my bench every week, yet he's always put up starter results. The league I have him in, I have Bush, Rice/Pierce, and CJ/FJax, so I guess you can understand why I haven't started him. Still, I've started CJ 3 times and regretted it every time.

FJax is one of the most underrated backs in the league. You never hear anyone in the national media give him any respect.

Through the first 5 games, the 32 year old has posted:

65 att / 309 yds / 4 TD

17 rec / 153 yds

He's on pace for 1000 yards and 13 TD's with another 490 yards receiving.

The Bills lead the league in rushing attempts per game and are 2nd only to the Eagles in total yards. I don't see him slowing down especially with the Manuel injury

Did my best to remove Freddy from my starting lineup, but CBS locked my lineup 5 minutes prior to kickoff.

:pickle:
Lol...same thing happened in my father/son league...told my 8-year old, "well, we may have a tougher time winning this week"...now he is going to find out Dad doesn't know what he is talking about...was hoping he could get to age 10 before his dreams were crushed. At least we are up 20+ points out of the gate!

I think tonight he got a bit of extra work - when CJ is fully healthy he'll probably be on the wrong end of touches. Still though it appears he's the 3rd down back they trust and he'll get most of the GL work.

Solid.

He's been on my bench every week, yet he's always put up starter results. The league I have him in, I have Bush, Rice/Pierce, and CJ/FJax, so I guess you can understand why I haven't started him. Still, I've started CJ 3 times and regretted it every time.
I'm in the same boat; I benched him against the Browns because of the top five run defense matchup, and MCL worries. Breaks my heart to see so many points on my bench, but no sir, I won't do it again.

Fred Jackson is a must start every week now in my opinion. A lot of fantasy sites don't pump him up in their rankings or writeups because they don't want to piss off the army of people who spent a top five pick on Spiller, but this season (even before Spiller's ankle) has proven that Jackson is going to get lots of yards and most/all of the goal line looks which makes him a borderline fantasy RB1 or strong RB2.

Unless he proves otherwise, and he hasn't yet, Jackson might be the WW pickup of the year.

I think you guys are great underestimating the significance of the Manuel injury. Expect a lot of stacked boxes against the Bills the next few weeks (even worse than what Manuel was facing).

Users who are viewing this thread