What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Friday AMA - last day at architecture firm (2 Viewers)

Are you starting your new job on Monday or taking time off before the new gig?
Jumpin' right in.  Was hoping to get a night to go out with the fellas tomorrow night but my wife works and my mom's sick so can't watch the offspring.

What's up neighbor?  Where in HB are ya?

nirad3 said:
Jumpin' right in.  Was hoping to get a night to go out with the fellas tomorrow night but my wife works and my mom's sick so can't watch the offspring.

What's up neighbor?  Where in HB are ya?
I am near Beach/Atlanta, near Peterson Elementary.   Where is your new job located?

I am near Beach/Atlanta, near Peterson Elementary.   Where is your new job located?
Nice, we're just a stone's throw away then.  I'm at Magnolia/Adams behind the shopping center with Smart & Final, etc.

New job is over in Irvine, MacArthur/Main.

:shrug:  not one mention during staff meeting of today being my last day... awkward?  I guess I'll just box my crap up and peace-out at 5.

I have already drafted an email to the handful of folks that I've interacted with here. 
Friday was my last day too.  Most of the company save 2 or 3 people ignored me for the last week completely, and I was basically 2nd in command of a 70 million dollar, 300 person business.  Don't care at all.  Vanity is a waste of time and everyone is replaceable. 

Friday was my last day too.  Most of the company save 2 or 3 people ignored me for the last week completely, and I was basically 2nd in command of a 70 million dollar, 300 person business.  Don't care at all.  Vanity is a waste of time and everyone is replaceable. 
that is cold on your co-workers behalf. i can see not making a huge deal about it, but at least shake a man's hand and wish him well in whatever comes next.

Yikes.  Sounds like only 2-3 people at my place even knew I was leaving.  President, guy I reported to and the controller (who handled all the exit stuff).  

Had I not sent an email to a handful of the folks I worked with closest, I probably wouldn't have heard anything from anyone else.  

The 3rd in command (the engineer of record at the firm) already sent me a LinkedIn request though. :lol:

It's so interesting to see how different companies work internally.  This place had a TON of turnover, but consistently shows up on our county's business journal's "fastest growing companies" lists.  

Users who are viewing this thread