What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Friggin' Matthew Berry (1 Viewer)

Lets just put this Berry hate/love aside and just say that you should never, ever, take one fantasy "pros" advice unless they have some special information that is not out in the general public or a thoughtful comment about a player. Saying "I think I'd take ___ over ___" does not count. Saying "____ looks like a monster this year" does not count. There must be a valid reason for you to trust this one guy. Maybe a beat writer saw something in practice that was interesting, maybe they will point out how the coaching system affects somebody, running style, targets, snaps. All these things are tangible reasons to trust someone on their advice, NOT opinion. Most ppl can't tell the difference. And don't EVER trust projections, I am a believer in aggregate rankings however.
I would disagree with this. Opinions (at least the unbiased ones) are based on studying the matchups, SOS, snap count and changing roles - all of the things you talk about. For the regulars in the SP I'd agree you probably shouldn't take random opinions. But there's a ton of people who play that don't have the time to devote the studying. I think you're selling the "pros" short.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love everyone bashing Berry and basically saying he knows nothing. He must know enough to get paid (and I bet rather well) for a living to do something we all wish we could. No one is going to hit 100% on all their calls. Look at FBG hanging their hats on Mark Ingram. Plus the season is still young, so who knows who is right/wrong this year. Berry might not be the best, but he's not some random hack ESPN picked up off the street either.
You probably think that Kornheiser was a good color commentator, and that Lavar Arrington is a good radio personality.In the entertainment business, not everyone who gets paid to do what they do is good at it. This is because the general public is stupid and does not have high expectations. Main-stream fantasy football analysis is no different. Hell, half the guys employed by ESPN and NFL Network as analysts/talking-heads totally suck at their jobs. But at least they have name recognition, from playing in the NFL.
and so people on these boards are automatically better? I'm just saying ripping on Berry because he missed on a few predictions is silly. Everyone misses. Are we going to give him his props on the ones he hit on? Unlikely. Berry started out probably like the rest of us and he turned it into a business. ESPN then just scooped him up because they didn't have anyone in house as qualified.
You're wasting your breathe. Anyone who subscribes to FBG's but then rags on someone for not doing their own research isn't exactly showing themselves as any better than the general public. :D
Or... there's a difference between getting someone's opinion/research and blindly following it. But listening to what some sources have to say and then taking responsibility for making up your own mind, that's just crazy talk.
Is there really a difference? You either decide to follow someone's recommendation or you decide not to do so. If you think it's credible, then you do. If you think it's not, then you don't. Being wrong does not = being blind.OP obviously thought Berry was credible or he wouldn't have followed his recommendations. He's now learned that he isn't. Nothing to see here, really.

Lets just put this Berry hate/love aside and just say that you should never, ever, take one fantasy "pros" advice unless they have some special information that is not out in the general public or a thoughtful comment about a player. Saying "I think I'd take ___ over ___" does not count. Saying "____ looks like a monster this year" does not count. There must be a valid reason for you to trust this one guy. Maybe a beat writer saw something in practice that was interesting, maybe they will point out how the coaching system affects somebody, running style, targets, snaps. All these things are tangible reasons to trust someone on their advice, NOT opinion. Most ppl can't tell the difference. And don't EVER trust projections, I am a believer in aggregate rankings however.
I would disagree with this. Opinions (at least the unbiased ones) are based on studying the matchups, SOS, snap count and changing roles - all of the things you talk about. For the regulars in the SP I'd agree you probably shouldn't take random opinions. But there's a ton of people who play that don't have the time to devote the studying. I think you're selling the "pros" short.
No I agree with that, as long as they have the supporting argument and not just backing it up with pure speculation that the player is good or looks good or I never liked so and so, he looks like so and so.. Berry is not the only one

Look, I'm a big fan of Footballguys. I've been a subscriber since 2003. But let's face it, much like Footballguys, he's still using stats + his gut to make these projections. I'm not saying that Berry's great. But when you post a thread like this, it tells me you're angry that Berry was wrong about something. Berry nailed Miles Austin a couple years ago. Were you angry about that?

Bump.

Berry mentioned us at the top of his podcast. He googled himself and checked out this thread. Haha.

'JamesTheScot said:
I love everyone bashing Berry and basically saying he knows nothing. He must know enough to get paid (and I bet rather well) for a living to do something we all wish we could. No one is going to hit 100% on all their calls. Look at FBG hanging their hats on Mark Ingram. Plus the season is still young, so who knows who is right/wrong this year. Berry might not be the best, but he's not some random hack ESPN picked up off the street either.
You probably think that Kornheiser was a good color commentator, and that Lavar Arrington is a good radio personality.In the entertainment business, not everyone who gets paid to do what they do is good at it. This is because the general public is stupid and does not have high expectations. Main-stream fantasy football analysis is no different.

Hell, half the guys employed by ESPN and NFL Network as analysts/talking-heads totally suck at their jobs. But at least they have name recognition, from playing in the NFL.
and so people on these boards are automatically better? I'm just saying ripping on Berry because he missed on a few predictions is silly. Everyone misses. Are we going to give him his props on the ones he hit on? Unlikely. Berry started out probably like the rest of us and he turned it into a business. ESPN then just scooped him up because they didn't have anyone in house as qualified.
You're wasting your breathe. Anyone who subscribes to FBG's but then rags on someone for not doing their own research isn't exactly showing themselves as any better than the general public. :D
I'm not a subscriber. I'm here for the forums, because I like discussing and reading about fantasy football.
Same here.I'm not sure where that guy is coming up with the notion of ragging on people for not doing their own research though...it's not mentioned or even implied in any of the posts he quotes. Straw man.
Read the thread, connSKINS26 said it. That's why he responded even though I didn't mention his name.Maybe some people on here actually do their own research from raw data. I rarely do. I trust certain writers and their opinions carry some weight with me. I mine these threads for tidbits from homers' who know some skuttlebutt about their team that may not be making the blurbs. But none of that is anymore research than is looking at some fantasy magazine's cheatsheet and deciding whether I think it's credible or not. The only difference in is the quality of the opinions.

I also enjoy reading and discussing fantasy football. But I'm also honest enough to admit that what I read and discuss can both inform me and influence my opinions on certain players. If there was no chance of that happening, why would I spend any time doing it? Just to show other people how smart I am? Please.

So in the end, it's really just the same process as tearing out Joe Blow's cheat sheet from a fantasy magazine. The difference is more often in which source we allow to influence us. So if you want to crap on the OP for listening to Berry instead of some other sources, that's fine. But be honest and say that Berry just isn't that good. Don't act like the OP is a guppy because he listens to someone else's thoughts on some players and acts on that.

And when someone comes off as condescending or insulting and infers that you should not be influenced by anyone else's opinions, I going to point out that it's likely an invalid criticism because we all do it. Some of us just turn our noses up at what sources the other guy listens to.
You have more patience than I do....I wasn't going to hit this again, but appreciate your defense. Can't believe this has resulted in 3 pages of over-analysis. Damn, my original point was simply that the guy has done a complete 180 in two weeks and it's annoying. The End. NOW I won't reply again. But thanks.

Bump.Berry mentioned us at the top of his podcast. He googled himself and checked out this thread. Haha.
Maybe he'll quote a couple posts in the love/hate. That would be kind of neat. I like his writing, he's humorous. Not uproariously so, but good enough that I read it every week and 90% of the time I disagree with his actual fantasy advice.

Bump.

Berry mentioned us at the top of his podcast. He googled himself and checked out this thread. Haha.
I was just about to post that. Not to defend him or anything but Fantasypros does a Fantasy accuracy of the major fantasy experts and Berry is 14th after 2 weeks. http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/accuracy/Sigmund Bloom is #1 and Dodds is doing well as well at 19.

A composite of these experts would be a good list to follow.

Look, say what you will about any particular person. But just like "Cramer" is by no means someone you should hold accountable for your investment returns, Matt Berry isn't that guy either. He's an entertainer, and the face of ESPN Fantasy (which is a multi $100mm behemoth these days by the way). From everything I've heard about him (and David, Joe, Clayton and other FBGs see him at the FSTA events semi-annually), he's always been a good-natured guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. He's also brought a LOT of people into the ESPN fold and made them exceptionally nice livings, and it was his hustle that got him on air when many people -- most of us included -- were struggling to get AM radio stations to talk to us weekly.I guess what I'm saying is, don't be that guy who hates. If you genuinely think his advice is bad, that's GOOD news for you, right? It can only help you leverage your own, divergent, opinions.
What Jason said.Matt is a good guy and a friend. Like anyone working at ESPN, I'd imagine he sometimes has to take more direction from the programming folks that he might always like. But that's the nature of thing.He works hard and loves fantasy football. You can be critical of his picks here just like you can be critical of any one. Nobody is above being disagreed with. But just like with anyone else, keep it cool and do more backing up your position than ripping the other guys.Thanks.J

Look, say what you will about any particular person. But just like "Cramer" is by no means someone you should hold accountable for your investment returns, Matt Berry isn't that guy either. He's an entertainer, and the face of ESPN Fantasy (which is a multi $100mm behemoth these days by the way). From everything I've heard about him (and David, Joe, Clayton and other FBGs see him at the FSTA events semi-annually), he's always been a good-natured guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. He's also brought a LOT of people into the ESPN fold and made them exceptionally nice livings, and it was his hustle that got him on air when many people -- most of us included -- were struggling to get AM radio stations to talk to us weekly.I guess what I'm saying is, don't be that guy who hates. If you genuinely think his advice is bad, that's GOOD news for you, right? It can only help you leverage your own, divergent, opinions.
What Jason said.Matt is a good guy and a friend. Like anyone working at ESPN, I'd imagine he sometimes has to take more direction from the programming folks that he might always like. But that's the nature of thing.He works hard and loves fantasy football. You can be critical of his picks here just like you can be critical of any one. Nobody is above being disagreed with. But just like with anyone else, keep it cool and do more backing up your position than ripping the other guys.Thanks.J
Yes. I and I would defend FBG for this same reason:If you have all the answers, you wouldn't need to read sites like this for lineup decisions. Fact is, none of us really know what's going to happen. So all we're left with is an informed opinion. I think it's important to troll for opinions and then weigh them with your own. But ultimately, I always hold myself responsible for lineup decisions.

'JamesTheScot said:
You probably think that Kornheiser was a good color commentator, and that Lavar Arrington is a good radio personality.In the entertainment business, not everyone who gets paid to do what they do is good at it. This is because the general public is stupid and does not have high expectations. Main-stream fantasy football analysis is no different.

Hell, half the guys employed by ESPN and NFL Network as analysts/talking-heads totally suck at their jobs. But at least they have name recognition, from playing in the NFL.
I'm not a subscriber. I'm here for the forums, because I like discussing and reading about fantasy football.
Same here.I'm not sure where that guy is coming up with the notion of ragging on people for not doing their own research though...it's not mentioned or even implied in any of the posts he quotes. Straw man.
Read the thread, connSKINS26 said it. That's why he responded even though I didn't mention his name.Maybe some people on here actually do their own research from raw data. I rarely do. I trust certain writers and their opinions carry some weight with me. I mine these threads for tidbits from homers' who know some skuttlebutt about their team that may not be making the blurbs. But none of that is anymore research than is looking at some fantasy magazine's cheatsheet and deciding whether I think it's credible or not. The only difference in is the quality of the opinions.

I also enjoy reading and discussing fantasy football. But I'm also honest enough to admit that what I read and discuss can both inform me and influence my opinions on certain players. If there was no chance of that happening, why would I spend any time doing it? Just to show other people how smart I am? Please.

So in the end, it's really just the same process as tearing out Joe Blow's cheat sheet from a fantasy magazine. The difference is more often in which source we allow to influence us. So if you want to crap on the OP for listening to Berry instead of some other sources, that's fine. But be honest and say that Berry just isn't that good. Don't act like the OP is a guppy because he listens to someone else's thoughts on some players and acts on that.

And when someone comes off as condescending or insulting and infers that you should not be influenced by anyone else's opinions, I going to point out that it's likely an invalid criticism because we all do it. Some of us just turn our noses up at what sources the other guy listens to.
:lmao:

some sources are better than others. yes it is all subjective relatively as this is not math, it's predicting the outcomes and tendencies of a wildly fluctuating game. But much like if you were to post

"I can't believe I lost my shirt. I listened to Jim Cramer bought the stocks that he banged the gong and slapped the monkey on the most and i STILL lost. There are students who go to school and study information and reports in detail ( like the FF :nerd: 's here at footballguys. I mean have you ever looked at Matt Waldman's Rookie Scouting Portfolio? I bet you Matt Berry didn't read 1/100th of the material of Mr Waldman in preparation for his draft. Have you ever looked at the RIDICULOUS amount of logarithmic and historical statistical analysis that Dodds or Wimer put into breaking down how 32-34 year old left handed right footed running backs perform in domed stadiums after road games where they have to travel 3 timezones? It's freaking nuts! I bet you mathew berry can barely operate a graphing calculator. Have you ever looked at how much time and effort Mike Herman puts into what even many 'fantasy pros' consider an 'afterthought' of a position in the the much maligned and little understood NFL place Kicker? I bet you matthew berry didn't read 1% of the kicker related data that herman did.

So in short, you get what you pay for in this life. In this case you chose to save 1.75 a week, to not have access to the veritable treasure trove of information that is available here for the bargain price of what 25-29 bucks depending on how many years you lock in? I started subscribing when I went to law school as I was like you before. Because I didn't have the time to devote that I did in college :banned: and I wanted to be able to use peoples best guesses that were more educated than mine as I was in the friging law library 4 hours a day (or so I thought, turned out I ended up in bars and happy hours more than the library, but the information was so plentiful that it was a veritable no brainer.

You went with the free opinions of an 'expert' who isn't an expert. :shrug: and you are surprised that he made some glaring mistakes? No one to blame but yourself.

'JamesFFB said:
Bump.

I was just about to post that. Not to defend him or anything but Fantasypros does a Fantasy accuracy of the major fantasy experts and Berry is 14th after 2 weeks. http://www.fantasypr...m/nfl/accuracy/Sigmund Bloom is #1 and Dodds is doing well as well at 19.

A composite of these experts would be a good list to follow.
:pickle: Bloom :eek: Berry

:sadbanana: Dodds

Yes. I and I would defend FBG for this same reason:If you have all the answers, you wouldn't need to read sites like this for lineup decisions. Fact is, none of us really know what's going to happen. So all we're left with is an informed opinion. I think it's important to troll for opinions and then weigh them with your own. But ultimately, I always hold myself responsible for lineup decisions.
Not me, I just blame Wildman, Otis and the guy that made this awesome t-shirt... :ptts:

Look, say what you will about any particular person.

But just like "Cramer" is by no means someone you should hold accountable for your investment returns, Matt Berry isn't that guy either. He's an entertainer, and the face of ESPN Fantasy (which is a multi $100mm behemoth these days by the way). From everything I've heard about him (and David, Joe, Clayton and other FBGs see him at the FSTA events semi-annually), he's always been a good-natured guy who doesn't take himself too seriously. He's also brought a LOT of people into the ESPN fold and made them exceptionally nice livings, and it was his hustle that got him on air when many people -- most of us included -- were struggling to get AM radio stations to talk to us weekly.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't be that guy who hates. If you genuinely think his advice is bad, that's GOOD news for you, right? It can only help you leverage your own, divergent, opinions.
What Jason said.Matt is a good guy and a friend. Like anyone working at ESPN, I'd imagine he sometimes has to take more direction from the programming folks that he might always like. But that's the nature of thing.

He works hard and loves fantasy football. You can be critical of his picks here just like you can be critical of any one. Nobody is above being disagreed with. But just like with anyone else, keep it cool and do more backing up your position than ripping the other guys.

Thanks.

J
see Matthew Berry knows things. :alum: Not about FF but marketing and promotion. Once he saw this thread, he knew it's mention here would get his podcast at least another 3-5,000 views :moneybag:

truly a :shark: move

I'm out. Mathew Berry, you just got hippled™ :smokescigarette:

was it good for you?

ETA he didn't mention this forum, so it could have been another FF site that thinks he's FOS. But he does have one point, why the hell are you guys listening to his podcastif you disagree with him? it's a lil weird with how many FFL podcasts there are out there. He did fail to mention that many said they listen to do exactly the opposite. Oh and mathew i see you there invisible :ph34r: I did turn it off when you led with "we have the best interview ever with joe schmo from greys anatomy" but way to reinforce that yours is an entertainment show. You oughta check out the audible. You'd learn something (no might about it)

Yep, heard it on the podcast this morning...makes many of you guys look like tools IMHO.

The personal insult stuff is in poor taste and against this forum's rules.

Yep, heard it on the podcast this morning...makes many of you guys look like tools IMHO.The personal insult stuff is in poor taste and against this forum's rules.
Personal insults? If ripping on someone's predictions was against the rules, everyone who posted in your threads would be taking breaks.Just off the top of my head...* Ideal league size for him is 10 teams. The rationale behind this is that leaving good players in the FA pool removes some of the luck and adds skill. (Or it just covers for your horrible drafting)* Elite QB theory. You MUST be sure to get an elite QB early this year. Then he goes on to list 9 elite QBs (Vick 1.01, Rodgers, Brady, Rivers, Brees, Manning, Romo, Ben, Schaub). 90% of starters are elite in a 10 team league.* Elite TE theory. See above* Williams, Stewart, and Goodson will combine for 2800+ rush yards for Carolina this year

I think you are spot on - and add that I enjoy listening to the show. It is entertaining for sure.

Hmmmm... think some are missing the point of a guy like Berry. I read him all the time, and I like him (I'm rather sad he's not doing the pickups of the week anymore) and for me he is part of my "scouting team." Its NOT that you take his advice on specific players though, IMHO; if you do you are missing the point. It's pretty easy to figure who the top tier guys are gonna be, but most people who are NOT fantasy football analysts don't have time to scan through reams and reams of data and watch all the game film to figure out which mid-tier and lower-tier guys might outperform their ratings. SOOOOOO you read a guy like Berry (and others, none of them are perfect) for the analysis they present, and if something they say about a particular player makes sense to you, YOU GO DO YOUR OWN ADDITIONAL RESEARCH TO SEE IF YOU AGREE. And if you do you go after that player or start that player or whatever. But in the final analysis its YOUR team, NOT Mathew Berry's.

:goodposting: Awesome posts. Pretty much summarizes it.

So there I was, just fired up the podcast while setting in for a nice weight session and there goes Berry on a 5 minute rant (which I adore his rants) about this thread. He is usually an easy going guy who doesn't take himself too serious but he seemed ligitimately upset. To my suprise, in his rant he quotes me in what was my only criticism of the guy. I was the first person to defend him and did so on three different posts, but my only objective thing I said in the debate he decided to blast me on it.

Berry, I know you read these forums. You didn't google yourself bro. It's ok to admit that you frequent knowledgable FF sites. I demand an apology, a seat in "The Mans League", Stephania Bell's number, and a tickle. Oh, and can you unblock me on twitter? All I did was say that the Mans League Member that you interviewed was painfull to listen to. You have ears and a sense for live production. I wasn't lying.

Secrest Out!!!!!!

I like M Berry. He is only one small part of my FF prep. He adds humor to his writing, makes fun of himself, and seems to be a good guy.

Are there better FF guys around, yes. But many have a very dry writing style and Berry is just a nice change of pace.

Hahahaha that rant was classic. To his credit, Berry's a fantasy guy, not a "football guy." He's busy with baseball and basketball while we're researching combines and training camps. Most of us don't like these guys b/c we research this stuff all through our football withdrawal months, and then some fantasy guru pops out of hibernation in late August and tells everyone how Jimmy Graham is a "sleeper" pick this year. Thanks guy, I'll be sure to move him up my draft board.

But I will say one thing to Berry if he's reading. Most of us who "think" we know football better than the experts don't read their articles for advice. It's more like gathering information on the other owners in our leagues. NFL, ESPN, even FootballGuys nowadays are mainstream fantasy information resources. I'm sure there's many like me who use these sites to get an idea what their competition is thinking. This info for example dictates what's the latest I can possibly wait in a draft until I pull the trigger on Rice (2009), Foster (2010) Wells (2011). All were worthy of a 2nd or 3rd round picks if it came down to it, but why take them in the 3rd if you can get them a few rounds later?

:goodposting: Awesome posts. Pretty much summarizes it.
That and the fact that neither of them come to the defense of Berry's fantasy football knowledge. He's a nice guy though.

Look, I'm a big fan of Footballguys. I've been a subscriber since 2003. But let's face it, much like Footballguys, he's still using stats + his gut to make these projections. I'm not saying that Berry's great. But when you post a thread like this, it tells me you're angry that Berry was wrong about something. Berry nailed Miles Austin a couple years ago. Were you angry about that?
He also nailed Jamaal Charles before he blew up in 2009. I picked him up in week 1 that year because of his love/hate article. He was starting by week 8. This business is much like baseball. If you're right 30-40% of the time, you're doing pretty good. You're not going to nail every single prediction.

Although he had a defense which was "why then do you listen to this podcast if I suck so much?", something like that, I wouldn't say he really vindicated himself..

Fact is many don't listen to the podcast because of YOU Matchew, personally I enjoy listening to (in this order) Stephania, Nate, Pod, then you. So get off your pedestal and realize that just because you get face time occasionally (ESPN2) does not make you a fantasy football expert, and that others are the reason for your shows success. Anger out!

The venom being spewed at this guy is pathetic, bordering on jealousy.

If you think the content he puts out there is garbage, then don't look at it/listen to it. He's absolutely right. Everyone here that nitpicks specific things about him is obviously consuming his material. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I think we're pretty close to wrapping this up. There's absolutely no reason to speak TO Matthew on this thread about what YOU like over at ESPN. I'm quite sure they have forums and chat rooms to do that.

Well let me address SCT to kind of give you a heads up where you went wrong. People who rely on fantasy writers need to understand the difference between DATA and INFORMATION. SCT, you focused too much on Berry's INFORMATION (draft Knowshon Moreno in the 4th). You should have looked more closely at his DATA (Fox runs a ton, Orton makes the pass respectable for the run game) and then weeding the OPINIONS out from the data (Knowshon has no competition in Denver). That's how you form your own decisions.

As for Berry's DATA, clearly his first two points were valid, but how doesn't Knowshon have any competition in Denver? That's not DATA at all. McGahee was stealing touches from a FAR superior RB in Ray Rice and he scored 17 TDs in 2 years (12 in 2009). Fox used two RBs in Carolina w/ DeAngelo and Stewart. They even tried signing DeAngelo before finally getting McGahee. These are a huge red flags for Moreno, and at the very least should have either made you wait another couple rounds for him, or ensure you grab McGahee too. I'm not saying I KNEW this would happen, but I KNEW it was a possibility. These red flags definitely put Moreno in my undraftable list. This also moved McGahee up my draft board b/c he offers some of the benefits that Moreno's situation offers without the 4th round risk.

Chalk it up to a learning experience. Just 5 minutes of research would have helped you out here. Don't fall into that trap of thinking fantasy writers are right all the time. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Well let me address SCT to kind of give you a heads up where you went wrong. People who rely on fantasy writers need to understand the difference between DATA and INFORMATION. SCT, you focused too much on Berry's INFORMATION (draft Knowshon Moreno in the 4th). You should have looked more closely at his DATA (Fox runs a ton, Orton makes the pass respectable for the run game) and then weeding the OPINIONS out from the data (Knowshon has no competition in Denver). That's how you form your own decisions.

As for Berry's DATA, clearly his first two points were valid, but how doesn't Knowshon have any competition in Denver? That's not DATA at all. McGahee was stealing touches from a FAR superior RB in Ray Rice and he scored 17 TDs in 2 years (12 in 2009). Fox used two RBs in Carolina w/ DeAngelo and Stewart. They even tried signing DeAngelo before finally getting McGahee. These are a huge red flags for Moreno, and at the very least should have either made you wait another couple rounds for him, or ensure you grab McGahee too. I'm not saying I KNEW this would happen, but I KNEW it was a possibility. These red flags definitely put Moreno in my undraftable list. This also moved McGahee up my draft board b/c he offers some of the benefits that Moreno's situation offers without the 4th round risk.

Chalk it up to a learning experience. Just 5 minutes of research would have helped you out here. Don't fall into that trap of thinking fantasy writers are right all the time. Couldn't be further from the truth.
OK, I lied about not getting on this again because I will attempt to clarify one last time......FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I AM NOT ANNOYED THAT BERRY WAS WRONG....

I REALIZE EXPERTS ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT AND NEVER WILL BE...

I REALIZE IT'S MY TEAM AND I MAKE THE FINAL DECISIONS...

I REALIZE BERRY HAS BEEN RIGHT BEFORE....

I REALIZE OTHER EXPERTS ARE MORE OFTEN RIGHT.....

I REALIZE OTHER EXPERTS ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT EITHER....

I REALIZE I MADE A MISTAKE USING BERRY'S EXPERT ADVISE ON THIS ONE PARTICULAR PICK....

ANYTHING ELSE I CAN COVER?

THE ORIGINAL POST CLEARLY STATES THAT MY PROBLEM WAS WITH BERRY FLIP FLOPPING A COMPLETE 180 TWO WEEKS IN AND NOT EVEN HINTING TO HAVING MADE A MISTAKE OR MISSED THE CALL OR ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES "MCGAHEE IS THE MAN NOW" (roughly)...NOT THAT HE WAS WRONG.

I can not believe this post has resulted in this, it's insane. I posted it as an afterthought and should have just put it in the venting thread. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if FBG's wanted to shut this puppy down because I couldn't agree more with JW in his last post that enough is enough.

P.S. It is cool, however, that we got mentioned in the podcast (which I've never listened to prior, only read his columns).

OK, I lied about not getting on this again because I will attempt to clarify one last time......FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I AM NOT ANNOYED THAT BERRY WAS WRONG....

I REALIZE I MADE A MISTAKE USING BERRY'S EXPERT ADVISE ON THIS ONE PARTICULAR PICK....

THE ORIGINAL POST CLEARLY STATES THAT MY PROBLEM WAS WITH BERRY FLIP FLOPPING A COMPLETE 180 TWO WEEKS IN AND NOT EVEN HINTING TO HAVING MADE A MISTAKE OR MISSED THE CALL OR ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES "MCGAHEE IS THE MAN NOW" (roughly)...NOT THAT HE WAS WRONG.

I can not believe this post has resulted in this, it's insane. I posted it as an afterthought and should have just put it in the venting thread. It wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if FBG's wanted to shut this puppy down because I couldn't agree more with JW in his last post that enough is enough.

P.S. It is cool, however, that we got mentioned in the podcast (which I've never listened to prior, only read his columns).
This post isn't about you any more. Its about BerryHTH

Lol that's a lot of CAPS man. Unlike most people on this forum, I wasn't trying to give you a hard time. I didn't read every reply on this thread, but noticed most people were either attacking you or Berry so I thought you wouldn't mind some actual advice that would be more helpful in the future. Anyway, good luck.

headed to bed, didn't hear the FBG rant. What day is it? Yeah its late...thanks

9/21 he opened calling so many fantasy owners stupid. That seems unprofessional but maybe that's his shtick.

This guy has never really caught my fascination. Bloom, Cec, Andrew, Jared...I like the BTR guys so much better. Even Nate...he sounds like some guy one might chat with about FF on the phone. That's not bad for radio, I kinda like that.

IDK to each his own. Much respect for the enormous following Matt has and all. Just not my cup of tea.

I don't get the flaming here though I think in radio, you've "made it" if you get flamed.

He also nailed Jamaal Charles before he blew up in 2009. I picked him up in week 1 that year because of his love/hate article. He was starting by week 8. This business is much like baseball. If you're right 30-40% of the time, you're doing pretty good. You're not going to nail every single prediction.
And furthermore, if guys like Berry just go with last year's best players with no bold predictions what's the point? Anyone of us can do that. I would never have taken Vick in the first round. But Berry's arguments to pick Vick in the first round were sound.

Users who are viewing this thread