What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

From a paper clip to a house... FF style (1 Viewer)

TheWinz

Footballguy
Got any fun stories where you started with, say a kicker in the last round, and ended up with a first round draft pick, through a series of very smart trades?  Of course, in dynasty this can happen quite often, but I was thinking more on the lines of a redraft league, where you start the season with someone like Greg Zuerlein, and end up with Melvin Gordon.

In 2007, I went from a house to a paper clip, with only 2 trades.  I had drafted Randy Moss, and traded him for Larry Johnson.  Of course, Larry was coming off his 416 carry season with 19 TD's, but I wasn't concerned.  He only had 2 workhorse seasons under his belt, and he was a monster.  By week 8 he was toast, so I ended up with his backup, Kolby Smith.  Kolby managed only 407 rushing yards and 2 TD's in the final 8 games.  Meanwhile, Randy Moss put up 98 catches, 1493 yards, and 23 TD's.  I did not make the playoffs.

I did this with my orphan dynasty team I took over in May. It was 1.2 in 2017 and earned the 1.1 last year. I blew the roster up and flipped a lot of guys and even picks I got in trades to end up getting a total (between 2018 and 2019) of, not including my own picks: 8 first rounders, 3 second rounders, and 2 third rounders.  As well as some pretty solid players.Granted it's still a likely 1.1 team (especially with Guice out) but long term I feel like the team has huge potential to be stacked. 

Users who are viewing this thread