What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (3 Viewers)

Also liked watching the interplay between Sansa and Ramsey - when Sansa thought she was playing the game, only to find out she has no idea how to play this game.
This is the realization she is not coming to... yet. The game she thinks she's good at is nothing compared to how the real game is played. Whether she realizes this sooner or later is yet to be determined but her "training" has not taught her much. Will Arya go through similar trials?
A mirror to Cersei? Seems like both thought they knew what they were doing/getting into.
Yep, it's a game without any rules. What works for/with one person or situation isn't guaranteed to work for/with another person or situation.

I was expecting that to be more poison or something that accelerates the current poison.
nah the Sand Snakes have nothing against a sell sword. Why let hi die at this point? Maybe they can use him to escape.
True.I have missed some scenes in the last couple weeks since our dvr is dead. How did Jamie and Bronn get separated?
There wasn't a scene showing it. They were captured together but are being held separately. Gotta maintain public relations with Jamie and the Lannisters but throw the sell-sword in the dungeon.
Gotcha. I thought I missed something the first 10mins last night.

Good episode. Loved the sand snakes for those few minutes, assuming they are setting up Bronn to help them out. It took a lot less time to get Cersei in trouble than I thought, but I was surprised she didn't see that coming since she knew that ex-Lannister knew her secrets. She played with fire and got burned. I assume Tommen will step up to a war against the Sparrow now. I have no idea how the battle in the North will go now. I could see Stannis getting waxed, but then John Snow and the wildings coming in to save the day. It should be a fun ride the next few episodes as long as we keep seeing the sand snakes in jail and not in fight scenes.

Good episode. Loved the sand snakes for those few minutes, assuming they are setting up Bronn to help them out. It took a lot less time to get Cersei in trouble than I thought, but I was surprised she didn't see that coming since she knew that ex-Lannister knew her secrets. She played with fire and got burned. I assume Tommen will step up to a war against the Sparrow now. I have no idea how the battle in the North will go now. I could see Stannis getting waxed, but then John Snow and the wildings coming in to save the day. It should be a fun ride the next few episodes as long as we keep seeing the sand snakes in jail and not in fight scenes.
I assumed the opposite. Sparrows want simplicity and purity- and of all the nobles in Kings' Landing, Tommen seems to fit that bill the best. I could see him being the puppet of the Sparrows more than Cercei's.

Sparrows are on the bad side of Littlefinger and Lady Tyrell. I don't think they're going to last long with enemies like that.

I assume Tommen will step up to a war against the Sparrow now.
Tommen is without a small council. Tywin is dead, Tyrion is gone, Varys is gone, Mace Tyrell is gone (not that he was of any use), Cersei and Margaery are in the dungeon ... the only ones left are Maester Pycelle and Littlefinger, and Littlefinger doesn't have an official position there anymore, so it's really just Pycelle.

Who is Tommen supposed to listen to regarding whether to attack the Sparrows? Is he going to start making his own decisions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tommen is without a small council. Tywin is dead, Tyrion is gone, Varys is gone, Mace Tyrell is gone (not that he was of any use), Cersei and Margaery are in the dungeon ... the only ones left are Maester Pycelle and Littlefinger, and Littlefinger doesn't have an official position there anymore, so it's really just Pycelle.

Who is Tommen supposed to listen to regarding whether to attack the Sparrows? Is he going to start making his own decisions?
Cersei ####ed him too, didn't she?

Your forgetting about the new master of whispers - creepy former-Maester guy. But your point stands.

Maybe I'm wrong, but he seemed pissed and his mom talked him out of action. Now she's gone. JMO, but think he will do something now.

Maybe I'm wrong, but he seemed pissed and his mom talked him out of action. Now she's gone. JMO, but think he will do something now.
I remembered the same thing. He was ready to go after them. Seems even moreso now.

Where's The Mountain during all of this? High Sparrow isn't bothered by freaky doctor and his shady practices?

Last edited by a moderator:
So what is the point of not giving any kind of update on Bran and Rickon Stark this season? I thought they were setting Bran up to be a major character but he seems to be forgotten.

So what is the point of not giving any kind of update on Bran and Rickon Stark this season? I thought they were setting Bran up to be a major character but he seems to be forgotten.
They haven't been showing white walkers since the start of the show. That's part of the story telling. They want you to forget.

Ok, that came a little quicker than expected (cercei)
In a show with dragons and many faced gods and etc the most unbelievable thing going is a few score of religious fanatics took over "the new kings landing" and started locking up some elite players with impunity.
They represent the many. Remember when Tommen and a few Kings guard went to go speak with the high sparrow and his guys wouldnt let them in and said he was praying. The soldiers start to unsheath their swords and the entire community kinda stood up and looked like they were gonna revolt. Appears these guys have the support of the people.
I get it. The whole plot just seems off to me compared to the rest of the run of the show. Besides isn't the Queen supposed to be beloved by the people?
It reminds me of the riddle Varys poses to Tyrion in Season 1. In a room sits a king, a religious man, and a rich man, along with a common sellsword. They each tell the sellsword to kill the other two - the king says listen to me because I'm your lawful ruler, the septon says listen to me because I speak for the Gods, and the rich man says listen to me and I'll make you rich. Who survives?

Tyrion answers that it depends on the sellsword. Varys agrees, and then asks if the common sellsword has all of the power, why do we act like the king/septon/wealthy do? That leads to the whole "power is an illusion/a shadow on the wall" line. In this episode you had the High Sparrow say "You are the few, we are the many and when the many stop fearing the few..."

The truth is the Game of Thrones world, the king does not have an army. There is the City Watch, but they're basically regular dudes with a day job, and seem to be only as useful as whoever is in charge. When Tyrion made Bronn Captain when the city was about to come under siege by Stannis, Bronn had them round up all of the known thieves, and kill them ("Now we just have to worry about the unknown thieves."). You can bet your ### that if Tyvin were still hand, this never would've happened.

But now, the king is a boy, the Hand is some doofus that the Queen Regent picked to ensure her place in power, and she herself made a deal with the devil letting the Faith arm themselves in exchange for wiping clean the crown's debt.

In short, she's ####ed. There's no one coming to save her, there's no one with any real authority at all in the city right now.

King's Landing could easily be taken now.
My two ideas:

1. Littlefinger wasn't talking about Lancel. He was talking about Tommen. He either has proof Tommen is not Rob's son or he thinks he can get Tommen to be controled by the Tyrells somehow.

2. I'd put money right now on Stannis' witch convincing his wife to kill his daughter. And that is going to be the beginning of Stannis' end.

And another thing that we have missed I think - Jorah and his greyscale. The lead slaver guy touched his skin - granted by beating the snot out of him. So a lead slaver who deals in people is probably infected and is in the east. Dany might have to deal with a greyscale epidemic as well over there.

And another thing that we have missed I think - Jorah and his greyscale. The lead slaver guy touched his skin - granted by beating the snot out of him. So a lead slaver who deals in people is probably infected and is in the east. Dany might have to deal with a greyscale epidemic as well over there.
I was also thinking about whether that was it for Adebesi- puts a plot device out there to keep him around.

but I really hope an epidemic of any kind stays out of the already boring plot line with Dany. it's already been too many episodes/seasons spent hanging out trying to be queen. should I be tough? should I be fair? fair and tough? tough and fair? now have to be toughly fairish while dealing with a health crisis? no gracias. let's get her story arc headed back towards the iron throne and dragons.

Users who are viewing this thread