What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (3 Viewers)

I agree, as much as i liked the TV people in that thread, having read there stuff, though its never really spoiler stuff, they tend to spoil things without realizing it.

Just by reading from people that the Red Wedding was the worst feeling they had in the books, I am now thinking such a mass killing will never happen again, I dont want to know that, i prefer to think the Lannisters could be taken out in one fell swoop as well. Also people were mentioning they "forgot" what happens to Edmure Frey in the books, thats a spoiler; for all I know the remaining Starks will be hunting him down, I dont want to know that he ceases to be a part of the story. Small subtle stuff like that, really irked me and had me regretting going into that thread.
I think it still leaves open the possibility that the Lannisters will get theirs. Consider that very few people would feel "bad" about that happening, so the red wedding being their worst feeling doesn't mean that bad things can't happen to crappy people. It could be that they didn't want to put a spoiler out there, so they said they forgot what happened to him. Either way, I don't think that gives away much of anything. He was minor, made major, and served his purpose. I think wishing that he will get some gruesome death is still on my list of hopes and dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the chances E10 is nothing but a wrapup/mopup?

Only the Snow plot thing is mostly unsettled, but they could easily let that hang out to Season 4.

If it's 100% about Snow/Wildlings/Wall/Fatty that would be great. The rest can just wait until S4 imo.

Only the Snow plot thing is mostly unsettled, but they could easily let that hang out to Season 4.

If it's 100% about Snow/Wildlings/Wall/Fatty that would be great. The rest can just wait until S4 imo.
I think there has to be something going on with the wedding between Cercei and the gay, right?

What are the chances E10 is nothing but a wrapup/mopup? Only the Snow plot thing is mostly unsettled, but they could easily let that hang out to Season 4. If it's 100% about Snow/Wildlings/Wall/Fatty that would be great. The rest can just wait until S4 imo.
I thought E10 was a chick from greenland

What are the chances E10 is nothing but a wrapup/mopup? Only the Snow plot thing is mostly unsettled, but they could easily let that hang out to Season 4. If it's 100% about Snow/Wildlings/Wall/Fatty that would be great. The rest can just wait until S4 imo.
I think there has to be something going on with the wedding between Cercei and the gay, right?
There's also the wedding between King Jaffe Joffer and Margery, and didn't Littlefinger leave to go marry someone?

Dragon story is not wrapped up. Neither is Bran. Don't know where Arya is. Kingslayer hasn't made it back to his Dad yet. I think the only thing wrapped up is that Robb and his wife and mom are dead.

I know many are thinking Robb was a screw up and got what was coming to him - and granted sending Theon north and marrying Talisa were screw ups - but I don't think people are appreciating how much Edmure Tully screwed him over by not following orders.

By denying the crossings to Tywin and his army (back towards the end of season 2) it not only kept Tywin from going west and into the trap Robb had set for him, it also allowed Tywin and his army to be close enough to return to King's Landing just in time to save it from being sacked by Stannis. And the icing on that cake was that in the process of denying the crossing, Edmure captures some low end Lannister noble kids - who Karstark then proceeds to butcher, forcing Robb to behead him and then lose all the Karstark army. So instead of Robb wiping out a good part of the Lannister army, possibly capturing/killing Tywin, having relatively unopposed access to the Lannister territory (and thus the Lannister riches), and having whoever ended up "winning" King's Landing left so depleted they'd probably listen to a peace offering from Robb establishing him as King In The North, or being easy prey for Robb's army - Robb and the northern army get wiped out. All thanks to Edmure's bumbling.

So what seemed like a throwaway line for our amusement "The gods love to reward a fool," spoken by the Blackfish in this episode, actually had a ton of poignancy, as both Edmure and Robb get their "rewards" - Robb a grisly death, Edmure a pretty new wife.

Finally a place I can call home.

I'm the guy who thought "Kingslayer" is a reverential term of endearment.

Dragon story is not wrapped up. Neither is Bran. Don't know where Arya is. Kingslayer hasn't made it back to his Dad yet.I think the only thing wrapped up is that Robb and his wife and mom are dead.
Dragon story is at a good stopping point. They captured a city and have to assimilate it.

Bran/Snow/etc. is the one that is still up in the air. Need to move that somewhere.

Arya is at a stopping point. She's got no idea her brothers are alive and has nowhere at the moment to turn. She would just be in transit likely to winterfell.

All the stuff on the other side of the wall too.

Kingslayer is just on the move. Maybe he makes it this episode. It's been 2 or 3 since he's moved right?

dont know why it would be different than the other ep10s- probably check in with all the plotlines, and maybe get a decent end shot to give us something to think about, ala dany and the dragons.

Is the fruit in line to inherit something? I cant remember where he stands in to whole Tully family. I was wondering of Tywin might not send Cedsei over to Frey now instead. He's got one foot in the grave and no sons so his whole estate is up for grabs.

Is the fruit in line to inherit something? I cant remember where he stands in to whole Tully family.I was wondering of Tywin might not send Cedsei over to Frey now instead. He's got one foot in the grave and no sons so his whole estate is up for grabs.
The gay Tyrell is the heir to the Tyrell land, title, money, etc. No way Tywin marries the Queen Regent to Frey. The Freys are gross. I would guess Frey's only reward for this is Tywin won't destroy him for siding with Robb originally.

Is the fruit in line to inherit something? I cant remember where he stands in to whole Tully family.I was wondering of Tywin might not send Cedsei over to Frey now instead. He's got one foot in the grave and no sons so his whole estate is up for grabs.
The gay Tyrell is the heir to the Tyrell land, title, money, etc. No way Tywin marries the Queen Regent to Frey. The Freys are gross. I would guess Frey's only reward for this is Tywin won't destroy him for siding with Robb originally.
http://castofthrones.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/finnjones.jpg

Yes, him. The gay Tyrell that is going to marry Cersei and is heir to a boatload of cash.

Ilov80s said:
B-Deep said:
Ilov80s said:
Frankbot said:
Caesar said:
culdeus said:

Yes, him. The gay Tyrell that is going to marry Cersei and is heir to a boatload of cash.
He has a name, and if you care not to remember it simply calling him the knight of flowers will do, thank you

God I miss Renly.,...

Here's what I think happens at some point.

After hearing how Ned refused a bedding ceremony, it cements the idea that he held honor and family above everything else. This does not jive with him taking a whore to bed and fathering a ******* during the rebellion. I think it's going to be revealed that Jon Snow is not Ned Stark's ******* son and is instead a Targaryan child that he took in so that it wouldn't get slaughtered. How this pans out I have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised to see him and his sister Dany hook up Cersei/Jaime style.

I guess we'll get a check-in with Meli and see if she's preggo yet and what she did with the *******.

After hearing how Ned refused a bedding ceremony, it cements the idea that he held honor and family above everything else. This does not jive with him taking a whore to bed and fathering a ******* during the rebellion. I think it's going to be revealed that Jon Snow is not Ned Stark's ******* son and is instead a Targaryan child that he took in so that it wouldn't get slaughtered. How this pans out I have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised to see him and his sister Dany hook up Cersei/Jaime style.
Dany's too busy daydreaming about having Bret Michaels babies with Daario.

Dany's too busy daydreaming about having Bret Michaels babies with Daario.
I thought he looked more like the people from Avatar

Except Jon doesn't look like a Targeryan at all.

So are the wildlings going to try to burn down the wall and turn the south into zombieland? Or did man's rammer mean something else when he talked about lighting the biggest fire the north had ever seen?

Also is dario the same guy who asked arya for three names?
I don't think he is the same guy, but he did use the same phrase when he was given the coin.
wasn't that guy a face changer? He could be anyone, even Kaleesi! How many wishes does Arya have left with him? Assuming it's one, who would she want murdered? So many candidates to choose from. I hope the Hound becomes her guardian angel next season carrying her around while she attempts to avenge her family.

Hey sweeney, go the #### away dude. How much of an ####### do you have to be to go #### up a 50 page thread so bad that people create a new thread specifically to get away from you and then you keep posting in it after people tell you to #### off there, too? You're not wanted here. I don't trust a single post you make to not have spoilers in it and I'm afraid people will quote you. There's no excuse for you to be posting here. Just ####### quit it.

Ilov80s said:
B-Deep said:
Ilov80s said:
Frankbot said:
Caesar said:
culdeus said:

He has a name, and if you care not to remember it simply calling him the knight of flowers will do, thank youGod I miss Renly.,...
Fair enough, I wasn't trying to insult him, simply describe him. He's a cool character, sucks he is stuck with Cersei, what a nightmare that will be.

I don't think he is the same guy, but he did use the same phrase when he was given the coin.
It's a common phrase in High Valyrian, which is often spoken on that side of the Narrow Sea. Lots of people have said it including Missandei. But since Jaqen can change his face, he could be anyone.
Wonder if Bran could warg him into taking Joffreys form and ruling Westeros:mindblown:

Hey sweeney, go the #### away dude. How much of an ####### do you have to be to go #### up a 50 page thread so bad that people create a new thread specifically to get away from you and then you keep posting in it after people tell you to #### off there, too? You're not wanted here. I don't trust a single post you make to not have spoilers in it and I'm afraid people will quote you. There's no excuse for you to be posting here. Just ####### quit it.
this

So in episide 8, the Red Witch took the leeches filled with King's Blood and burnt it while Stannis spoke three names: the Usurper Robb Stark, the usurper Daddy Greyjoy and the usurper Joffrey Baratheon. One episode later and the first name mentioned is dead. Coincidence? Will Daddy Greyjoy die next? Joffrey too?

this
man you people are touchy

this
No, Sweeney just can't let if go. He is here posting about the books to intentionally irritate certain posters.

this
Touchy, but unambiguous.

So in episide 8, the Red Witch took the leeches filled with King's Blood and burnt it while Stannis spoke three names: the Usurper Robb Stark, the usurper Daddy Greyjoy and the usurper Joffrey Baratheon. One episode later and the first name mentioned is dead. Coincidence? Will Daddy Greyjoy die next? Joffrey too?
Lord of Light is hitting with a pretty good batting avg right now. I wouldn't rule it out.

wasn't that guy a face changer? He could be anyone, even Kaleesi!How many wishes does Arya have left with him? Assuming it's one, who would she want murdered? So many candidates to choose from. I hope the Hound becomes her guardian angel next season carrying her around while she attempts to avenge her family.
She used all 3 of her deaths. And didn't do a very good job of picking who to kill.

this
No, Sweeney just can't let if go. He is here posting about the books to intentionally irritate certain posters.
Sweeney's intentions aside, is there any particular reason y'all prefer to start a new thread rather than simply put the offenders on ignore? Has this been covered somewhere?

this
Sweeney's intentions aside, is there any particular reason y'all prefer to start a new thread rather than simply put the offenders on ignore? Has this been covered somewhere?
i have many on ignore, my thought was many book readers do like to talk about things that probably are not spoilers but there are small details i dont want to know, etc. i want this to be a pure tv speculation. most people mean no harm but i want this to be as pure as a girl who hasnt bled yet.

Users who are viewing this thread