What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (2 Viewers)

so I don't know if this has been covered in that other #### show of a thread, but once the wildling dude warg'd into the hawk...do we think he died? can his consciousness still be in the hawk?

for some reason, I thought Snow took off like a bat out of hell because he was chasing the hawk. they showed it flying away, and he jumped on a horse and sped off in the same direction.

and he didn't even seem to acknowledge that his brothers' wolves were saving his ###.

so I don't know if this has been covered in that other #### show of a thread, but once the wildling dude warg'd into the hawk...do we think he died? can his consciousness still be in the hawk?

for some reason, I thought Snow took off like a bat out of hell because he was chasing the hawk. they showed it flying away, and he jumped on a horse and sped off in the same direction.

and he didn't even seem to acknowledge that his brothers' wolves were saving his ###.
Well he did have a hawk clawing his face, multiple people trying to kill him and worrying about keeping his chick from doing anything that would get her killed on his mind. So maybe he didn't totally get what was going on with the wolves. Also when they were heading toward the stables it looked like there were quite a few more wildlings than those who got killed in the action we saw subsequently, so he got out of there while the getting was good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Well he did have a hawk clawing his face, multiple people trying to kill him and worrying about keeping his chick from doing anything that would get her killed on his mind. So maybe he didn't totally get what was going on with the wolves. Also when they were heading toward the stables it looked like there were quite a few more wildlings than those who got killed in the action we saw subsequently, so he got out of there while the getting was good.
Where there more wildlings there? I figured since there where 8 horses and the old guy took one that there were only 5 wildlings plus Jon and his girl.

Where there more wildlings there? I figured since there where 8 horses and the old guy took one that there were only 5 wildlings plus Jon and his girl.
When they showed the wildlings charging the stable it looked like there were about 20 of them.

When they showed the wildlings charging the stable it looked like there were about 20 of them.
Yeah when they charged the stable. But when the old guy got on his horse and rode off there were only 7 horses left to get on and chase him. He could have rode for miles before they caught up to him. That leaves about 12-13 still on foot and way behind. I didn't notice more then 5-6 there when the fight with Jon started.

i gotta think that Arya's comment to the Hound, [paraphrase] "I'm going to drive a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull" has some significant meaning, outside of the obvious threat. foreshadowing Hound's death? Arya's? someone within the group who follows the Lord of Light?

Yeah when they charged the stable. But when the old guy got on his horse and rode off there were only 7 horses left to get on and chase him. He could have rode for miles before they caught up to him. That leaves about 12-13 still on foot and way behind. I didn't notice more then 5-6 there when the fight with Jon started.
Right. All the more reason for him to take off quickly rather than exploring the nature of the wolves, etc.

so I don't know if this has been covered in that other #### show of a thread, but once the wildling dude warg'd into the hawk...do we think he died? can his consciousness still be in the hawk? for some reason, I thought Snow took off like a bat out of hell because he was chasing the hawk. they showed it flying away, and he jumped on a horse and sped off in the same direction. and he didn't even seem to acknowledge that his brothers' wolves were saving his ###.
I thought the Wildling was dying so he worged into the hawk to try and get Jon. I figured the eagle stopped attacking because the worg guy died and thus no longer controlled the eagle, but who knows for sure.

Hey sweeney, go the #### away dude. How much of an ####### do you have to be to go #### up a 50 page thread so bad that people create a new thread specifically to get away from you and then you keep posting in it after people tell you to #### off there, too? You're not wanted here. I don't trust a single post you make to not have spoilers in it and I'm afraid people will quote you. There's no excuse for you to be posting here. Just ####### quit it.
this
man you people are touchy
No, Sweeney just can't let if go. He is here posting about the books to intentionally irritate certain posters.
Sweeney's intentions aside, is there any particular reason y'all prefer to start a new thread rather than simply put the offenders on ignore? Has this been covered somewhere?
I didn't start this new thread, but so far, it is better because it isn't 20 straight pages of people arguing over book vs TV vs spoiler vs non spoiler. It was a cluster.

Right. All the more reason for him to take off quickly rather than exploring the nature of the wolves, etc.
I agree that's a good reason to take off. But seeing the wolves is a good reason to double back around and see if he can figure out why his 2 little brothers wolves are out here in the middle of no where

Also is dario the same guy who asked arya for three names?
I don't think he is the same guy, but he did use the same phrase when he was given the coin.
wasn't that guy a face changer? He could be anyone, even Kaleesi! How many wishes does Arya have left with him? Assuming it's one, who would she want murdered? So many candidates to choose from. I hope the Hound becomes her guardian angel next season carrying her around while she attempts to avenge her family.
Didn't Jaqen ask Arya to join him and learn how to be whatever he is? Maybe she takes care of her list all by herself someday.

I agree that's a good reason to take off. But seeing the wolves is a good reason to double back around and see if he can figure out why his 2 little brothers wolves are out here in the middle of no where
We don't know that he doesn't end up doing that. We just know at the time he needed to get out quick to avoid getting his pretty little face turned into flesh salad by a hawk.

So in episide 8, the Red Witch took the leeches filled with King's Blood and burnt it while Stannis spoke three names: the Usurper Robb Stark, the usurper Daddy Greyjoy and the usurper Joffrey Baratheon. One episode later and the first name mentioned is dead. Coincidence? Will Daddy Greyjoy die next? Joffrey too?
Nice call.

I would like to propose that we call them dy'er wolves like dy'er maker, since we have never seen the words in print and everything is awesomer with zeppelin*.

* except drinking and drumming

i gotta think that Arya's comment to the Hound, [paraphrase] "I'm going to drive a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull" has some significant meaning, outside of the obvious threat. foreshadowing Hound's death? Arya's? someone within the group who follows the Lord of Light?
Fun thought. I could see somebody being killed by sword through the eye and out the back of their skull and nobody knows who did it and the Hound is all like "Hmmmm, interesting"...

So in episide 8, the Red Witch took the leeches filled with King's Blood and burnt it while Stannis spoke three names: the Usurper Robb Stark, the usurper Daddy Greyjoy and the usurper Joffrey Baratheon. One episode later and the first name mentioned is dead. Coincidence? Will Daddy Greyjoy die next? Joffrey too?
Nice call.
Great call. I totally overlooked that.

Fun thought. I could see somebody being killed by sword through the eye and out the back of their skull and nobody knows who did it and the Hound is all like "Hmmmm, interesting"...
That was how Ned's guy got killed in the fight with the Kingslayer back in S1.

That was how Ned's guy got killed in the fight with the Kingslayer back in S1.
well remembered.

didn't Padrig do something similar (though in reverse) to save Tyrion at Blackwater?

I would like to propose that we call them dy'er wolves like dy'er maker, since we have never seen the words in print and everything is awesomer with zeppelin*.* except drinking and drumming
I have seen it in print. Direwolves are real or were before they went extinct.

to me it seemed like when the melee was over, there was only him, scratchy hawk, Ygrette, and red beard. oh and the wolves. even if he doesn't recognize the wolves, it just seemed like an odd thing for him to just hop on a horse and haul ### out of there with his chick still there. seemed more like he rode out of there with a purpose. maybe to get to Castle Black and warn the other crows?

to me it seemed like when the melee was over, there was only him, scratchy hawk, Ygrette, and red beard. oh and the wolves. even if he doesn't recognize the wolves, it just seemed like an odd thing for him to just hop on a horse and haul ### out of there with his chick still there. seemed more like he rode out of there with a purpose. maybe to get to Castle Black and warn the other crows?
That's me as well. Maybe there were more there. Cause at the time it looked like he had the upper hand against red beard. He had 2 Dire Wolves and his girl backing him. Why take off like a bat out of hell?

culdeus said:
What are the chances E10 is nothing but a wrapup/mopup?

Only the Snow plot thing is mostly unsettled, but they could easily let that hang out to Season 4.

If it's 100% about Snow/Wildlings/Wall/Fatty that would be great. The rest can just wait until S4 imo.
E10s have been primarily about wrapping up and responding to what happened in E9, with the final scene being a reveal for the following season (Dany's dragons, White Walkers) I think we'll see the same structure

What are our theories on the smoke monster baby that killed renly, is it like a mosquito that dies after one attack?

What are our theories on the smoke monster baby that killed renly, is it like a mosquito that dies after one attack?
I like to call him Smokey Vajayjay. And yes, I believe he either dissapated or crawled back into the wretched snatch from wence he came. He hangs out in there like a kangaroo in a pouch.

I did get the impression that Jon was chasing after the hawk. Why, I don't know. Maybe he was worried it was still the Warg guy and he was going to tell Mance on him?

EIther way, pretty F'd up to ride away when his girl was still there. Then again, he did push her over to start the fight so he's not exactly a gentleman.

I did get the impression that Jon was chasing after the hawk. Why, I don't know. Maybe he was worried it was still the Warg guy and he was going to tell Mance on him? EIther way, pretty F'd up to ride away when his girl was still there. Then again, he did push her over to start the fight so he's not exactly a gentleman.
I think he pushed her over to try to stop her from jumping into the fight right away. If it went badly for him quickly, she wouldn't have had the chance to out herself as being on "his side" of the battle, she'd be on her ###.

I did get the impression that Jon was chasing after the hawk. Why, I don't know. Maybe he was worried it was still the Warg guy and he was going to tell Mance on him? EIther way, pretty F'd up to ride away when his girl was still there. Then again, he did push her over to start the fight so he's not exactly a gentleman.
I think he pushed her over to try to stop her from jumping into the fight right away. If it went badly for him quickly, she wouldn't have had the chance to out herself as being on "his side" of the battle, she'd be on her ###.
This is what I got out of it as well. His pre-emptive strike was to protect her was what I thought.

I did get the impression that Jon was chasing after the hawk. Why, I don't know. Maybe he was worried it was still the Warg guy and he was going to tell Mance on him?

EIther way, pretty F'd up to ride away when his girl was still there. Then again, he did push her over to start the fight so he's not exactly a gentleman.
tell Mance on him?

what does Snow care about Mance, he has already deserted them.

One thing that bugged me about the Red Wedding, and I am sure I missed a scene or some dialogue, but had a question afterwards: Who knew that Talisa was pregnant? I could only remember the scene in the tent when she was naked and writing letters when she told Robb. Then they talked about it at the wedding. Long story short, I thought it was weird that they stabbed her in the belly as if they were going after Robb's heir directly - WTF would they know that?

One thing that bugged me about the Red Wedding, and I am sure I missed a scene or some dialogue, but had a question afterwards: Who knew that Talisa was pregnant? I could only remember the scene in the tent when she was naked and writing letters when she told Robb. Then they talked about it at the wedding. Long story short, I thought it was weird that they stabbed her in the belly as if they were going after Robb's heir directly - WTF would they know that?
Either way, they could have guessed that the two of them were trying to have a child, so why not start her death at the belly for maximum pain to Rob in case she was preggo?

Heh. Maybe it was playing off of Frey saying, early in the episode, that he can always tell what's going on underneath a woman's clothes. Could also have been paying attention to their body language when Robb and Talisa were talking about naming the babby Eddard, or maybe they read the letter Talisa sent a couple episodes ago, somehow. Frey X-ray vision seems more likely.

Jon rode off because he was outnumbered. Why is there such speculation about this? He's still a member of the night's watch and is probably headed back to the wall.

I'm stuck with who to root for now. The Starks seem dimished to the point of never being a formidable opponent to the Lannisters - although we know that will likely change. Stannis is a jerk. Not a big fan of Khaleesi character.

I guess I am rooting for Jamie - presuming he's turned a new leaf.

tell Mance on him?

Maybe he's planning on sticking with the "fight from the inside" thing and making up a story that they were ambushed and only him and Ygritte survived.

If the idea was that he was still outnumbered and was running from the fight (without his girl) then they did a poor job of showing that. It looked like Red Beard was the only wildling still in the fight.

ETA: Just watched again. There's no one else other than Red Beard and Ygritte and he watches the hawk fly away and then rides in the direction it does.

I'm stuck with who to root for now. The Starks seem dimished to the point of never being a formidable opponent to the Lannisters - although we know that will likely change. Stannis is a jerk. Not a big fan of Khaleesi character. I guess I am rooting for Jamie - presuming he's turned a new leaf.
Tyrion?

Either way, they could have guessed that the two of them were trying to have a child, so why not start her death at the belly for maximum pain to Rob in case she was preggo?
She seemed to have a baby-bump going at that point.

Gr00vus said:
I know many are thinking Robb was a screw up and got what was coming to him - and granted sending Theon north and marrying Talisa were screw ups - but I don't think people are appreciating how much Edmure Tully screwed him over by not following orders. By denying the crossings to Tywin and his army (back towards the end of season 2) it not only kept Tywin from going west and into the trap Robb had set for him, it also allowed Tywin and his army to be close enough to return to King's Landing just in time to save it from being sacked by Stannis. And the icing on that cake was that in the process of denying the crossing, Edmure captures some low end Lannister noble kids - who Karstark then proceeds to butcher, forcing Robb to behead him and then lose all the Karstark army. So instead of Robb wiping out a good part of the Lannister army, possibly capturing/killing Tywin, having relatively unopposed access to the Lannister territory (and thus the Lannister riches), and having whoever ended up "winning" King's Landing left so depleted they'd probably listen to a peace offering from Robb establishing him as King In The North, or being easy prey for Robb's army - Robb and the northern army get wiped out. All thanks to Edmure's bumbling. So what seemed like a throwaway line for our amusement "The gods love to reward a fool," spoken by the Blackfish in this episode, actually had a ton of poignancy, as both Edmure and Robb get their "rewards" - Robb a grisly death, Edmure a pretty new wife.
This is very good posting.

It is interesting to think about where everything went wrong for these characters. For his age and experience, Robb seemed to be a damn good commander. IMO his problem was that he couldn't take being a King one step farther and keep his oath to the Freys - something I bet Ned would have done. That aside, the people around him really cut out his legs from under him. Mom lets Jamie go, and because of that you get the incident with the Karstarks and he loses a bunch of support. Now add in his uncle's blunder and he loses out on his chance to surround Tywin. These two things are the main reason he had to go crawling back to Walder Frey for troops.

Also, wasn't it Bran who sent off the Winterfell troops, leaving it wide open for Theon to take?

I think Robb had the ability to do some real damage to the Lannisters.

tell Mance on him?

Maybe he's planning on sticking with the "fight from the inside" thing and making up a story that they were ambushed and only him and Ygritte survived.

If the idea was that he was still outnumbered and was running from the fight (without his girl) then they did a poor job of showing that. It looked like Red Beard was the only wildling still in the fight.

ETA: Just watched again. There's no one else other than Red Beard and Ygritte and he watches the hawk fly away and then rides in the direction it does.
Gotta remember that Mance and Jon are now separated by a 800ft ice wall. Probably doesn't have time to climb back over and get to Mance (or have the ability to do so alone).

Users who are viewing this thread