What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (3 Viewers)

I was wondering how he pooped in that box? It was explained that he pooped through the holes.?????
Think he pooped in the box and pushed it through one of the holes
In the books they go into great detail about his pooping procedure. You guys should read them.
Is there aa YouTube compilation video?
Yes, entitled "two dwarfs, one box"

You're welcome.

I was wondering how he pooped in that box? It was explained that he pooped through the holes.?????
Then Varys rounded up the poop and flung it overboard. I wish they'd spent a couple of minutes showing us that dynamic during the season premiere. Not a long time, just 20-25 minutes would have sufficed.

Then Varys rounded up the poop and flung it overboard. I wish they'd spent a couple of minutes showing us that dynamic during the season premiere. Not a long time, just 20-25 minutes would have sufficed.
:lmao: I think it would have been better if Varys picked up the poop and then shoved it back through one of the holes in Tyrion's pet carrier. Of course Tyrion would try to stop Varys from being able to do it.

Like some sort of twisted, scat version of Wack-a-Mole.

what makes it even more messed up is that's probably the same hole they shoved his food in. unless varys was nice enough to shove the food into a hole that hadnt already had poop shoved out of it. i doubt varys is the type to care that much.

If I were in that situation I would try to take great care to only shove poop out of one or two holes, the same ones every time. The food would go through other "clean" holes. Of course, I'd have Varys hand me a little bottle of hand sanitize before I ate.

:lmao: I think it would have been better if Varys picked up the poop and then shoved it back through one of the holes in Tyrion's pet carrier. Of course Tyrion would try to stop Varys from being able to do it.

:lmao: :lmao:

Btw, loved another "near miss" when BigBlondAmazonFighterChick is talking with GuyWhoSheDoesntWantToBeHerSquire and then Sansa goes right by in the stage coach. The number of times the Stark girls have been *this close* to those who are looking for them has been a dramatic little feature of this story.

I was thinking about this yesterday. If someone decided they wanted to start watching the show and wanted all the back story that led up to the start of the show...

It would probably take me a good 30 minutes to explain all the main characters, draw maps of westeros, explain Robert's rebellion etc. The fact that someone thinks they can skip all that plus 40 hours of content and just jump right in is absurd
When someone looked importnat last season I wiki'd them a little. And a friend made me watch some key clips like the all the chickens thing and the dragon lady takeover. She's my favorite. :wub:
I think its fine jumping in wherever and watching as much or as little as you want, but why not start from the beginning? If you like the show, why not watch all of it and get as much of the story as you can? The first 4 seasons are all available on HBO Go, right?
What is that, like 60hrs? Maybe one day. I'll make do for now.Also, if they start focussing to much on supernatural stuff like those stupid tree people I'll pull out altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, loved another "near miss" when BigBlondAmazonFighterChick is talking with GuyWhoSheDoesntWantToBeHerSquire and then Sansa goes right by in the stage coach. The number of times the Stark girls have been *this close* to those who are looking for them has been a dramatic little feature of this story.
Glad I'm not the only one who has trouble remembering names.

It helps if you don't just jump in all willy nilly at season 4.

;)

Pretty sure you get a shot of the air holes in between tyrion rolling out of the carrier and drinking. They're sticklers for details

:lmao:

Good to see you guys still don't pay attention to what is going on with the show. You do watch the episodes, right?
I'm new to all of this having binge watched the previous seasons ... but why the vitriol between the book guys and the tv guys? Is it really that important?

Good to see you guys still don't pay attention to what is going on with the show. You do watch the episodes, right?
I'm new to all of this having binge watched the previous seasons ... but why the vitriol between the book guys and the tv guys? Is it really that important?
Early on, there was a bunch of ######## book readers who wanted to discuss how the show was different from the book as the shows timeline progressed and there was a bunch of ######## tv watchers who got bent out of shape and screamed OMG SPOILERZ! about ANY word or phrase that was used in a post by said ######## book readers.

Plus, I think someone actuallty did spoil something....either Joffery or Edmure Tully's wedding.

you know how sometimes you leave your dog home alone for a long time and then you come home and it seems like he's pissed off at you? now imagine instead of a dog, it's two 5000-pound fire breathing dragons.

oh, and your most aggressive & dangerous pet is also nowhere to be found. hope you have liability insurance.

I don't care at all if people haven't read the books. I just find some of the questions asked in here to be funny, and would think that people watching the show should know.

I never followed along with other show threads, so maybe it is the same for all the shows. Maybe someone asked during season 4 of breaking bad : "since when does Walter have cancer? " or something.

;)
Sadly, I've seen every episode. I'm just REALLY bad with names and prefer to use descriptors. It does get me in trouble from time to time.

;)
Sadly, I've seen every episode. I'm just REALLY bad with names and prefer to use descriptors. It does get me in trouble from time to time.
same here. Stink with names. My Mrs. is great with names, so she helps me through this, and every, show we watch.

Typical conversation watching TV at Chez Joey:

Joey: "man, that was so cool when TheSuaveLookingLeadDude did that at the end of the episode"

Mrs. Joey: "you mean, John Hamm?"

Joey: "yeah, it was so cool when JohnHamm'sCharacter did that thing at the end of the episode"

Mrs. Joey: "you mean, Don Draper? The lead character in the show we've been watching for 7 years?!?!".

Joey: "yeah, him! that was so cool"

;)

Game of Thrones is like a living nightmare for people who stink with names.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand not remember the names of some of the GOT characters. There are like 11 different storylines going on at once (featuring numerous characters each) and not all of the characters appear in each episode.

But how in the hell do you not remember "Don Draper"? He's the main character and in every damn episode.

"So then that hairy little alien guy said something about eating the cat. It was hilarious."

"Do you mean ALF?"

"Whatever"

Officer Pete Malloy said:
I can understand not remember the names of some of the GOT characters. There are like 11 different storylines going on at once (featuring numerous characters each) and not all of the characters appear in each episode.

But how in the hell do you not remember "Don Draper"? He's the main character and in every damn episode.

"So then that hairy little alien guy said something about eating the cat. It was hilarious."

"Do you mean ALF?"

"Whatever"
how does one remember Gendry's name but then forgets Ned Stark wasnt a king.

"Do you mean ALF?"

"Whatever"
You obviously aren't afflicted by this name-recall issue that some of us live with.

I can honestly say that I sometimes look at someone who I've worked with for almost 20 years and feel their name go "poof" in my head, and I have to work to get it back.

For this crazy show, this image came in handy as reference for me to keep up:

http://www.gameofthronescharacters.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Game-of-Thrones-Characters.jpg

no spoilers in there as far as I've been told by my book-reading wife.

"Do you mean ALF?"

"Whatever"
Remember that episode of Cheers where the fat guy who always sits at the end of the bar and drinks beer walked in and everyone yelled out his name? I think it was Biff or Flip, I can't remember.

Remember that episode of Seinfeld where they go to the Chinese restaurant and wait for a table the whole show? Then right after they leave, the guy from Big Trouble in Little China calls their name? I forget the name, but it was like "Garcia? Four?"

Users who are viewing this thread