What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of Thrones, tv only, books don't exist, no backstory...NERDS already ruining a series that hasn't started (5 Viewers)

I was surprised that this wasn't the episode where they would re-introduce Jorah into the Dany fold and have him be the military spark to get her armies moving. As they eluded to last night, some different strategy needed to be worked out and it wasn't like any of them had experience in doing it. I figured that may be how they work him back into the story, but now I'm not sure anyone will care if all he contributes is loyal foot soldier.

Men moved to Westeros and began pushing children fo the forest out of their homeland. Started cutting down trees and ####. They weren't as technologically advanced as men, so they got sick of all that #### and created the white walkers to kick some human ###. Unforseen consequences and all
Ah, so they were like the Indians in the United States except they are tiny and have magic powers

Last edited by a moderator:
Since Arya now has a Valyrian steel dagger is she the one to kill the night king? Why give her that to just kill Cersei.

Bran obviously plays a role in the White Walker battle, not sure he's needed for the final battle for the throne.  Bran is finished this season too so no more stuff n puff trees.
Interesting your take is the battle against the WW's comes first, and the "final" battle is Stark/Targ/Lannister for the iron throne.  I've always assumed the big, final battle will be whatever is left of Westeros against the undead.

Interesting your take is the battle against the WW's comes first, and the "final" battle is Stark/Targ/Lannister for the iron throne.  I've always assumed the big, final battle will be whatever is left of Westeros against the undead.
me too.

I think this season comes to a head between north and south, interrupted by the whitewalkers from the north... leading to a temporary truce to take them on with a somewhat united front that either cercei or LF breaks. the end of next season will be a return to a fight for the iron throne between whoever is left.

I am sure there is a nerd page that has the exact # of Valerian blades out there. 

Jon, Brienne, Sam.  I can't remember what happened to others.

It just seems to me that Jon was asking and Dany was considering taking time off from her quest for the throne to go help Jon first.

ETA: Otherwise she is queen and either Jon bends a knee or gets run over by White Walkers before she is forced to deal with them anyway.

me too.

I think this season comes to a head between north and south, interrupted by the whitewalkers from the north... leading to a temporary truce to take them on with a somewhat united front that either cercei or LF breaks. the end of next season will be a return to a fight for the iron throne between whoever is left.
I tend to think that the various sides will make a temporary truce when the reality of the white-walker invasion hits. Most will be killed and the survivor will take the throne by default

I tend to think that the various sides will make a temporary truce when the reality of the white-walker invasion hits. Most will be killed and the survivor will take the throne by default
How I see it as well. With Cersei trying to screw everyone over at some point.

me too.

Why wouldn't cercei just sit back and let the North and WW battle each other so she could then clean up whatever is left?

It would be really disappointing for Cersei to agree to a temporary truce to fight the White Walkers.  That goes against everything the show has built up for her character.  

I see Jamie is alive and a prisoner. He somehow escapes being killed by Dani. Goes to Kings Landing to convince Cersei to help, she refuses and he kills her for the good of men and takes forces to help the living.
Brilliant!   But, that means all remaining Lanisters bending a knee.  

I'll take it a step further and predict that Jon eventually helps broker peace with the white walkers with the help of Bran. Many will fall before this happens though. 

I'll take it a step further and predict that Jon eventually helps broker peace with the white walkers with the help of Bran. Many will fall before this happens though. 
I like it. 

maybe they all crochet a bunch of spiral pattern doilies and find some common ground.

I really don't think Jamie kills Cersei. Why???
Jaime is the one character that has teetered back and forth from being a complete **** to nearly being redeemed. He has a very interesting character arc. Seems like he is line for some redemption again and what better way than taking out the most despicable person in Westeros

Jaime is the one character that has teetered back and forth from being a complete **** to nearly being redeemed. He has a very interesting character arc. Seems like he is line for some redemption again and what better way than taking out the most despicable person in Westeros
Seems out of character. Other than the one time he freed Tyrion, everything he has ever done has been to help Cersei. 

I like it. 

maybe they all crochet a bunch of spiral pattern doilies and find some common ground.
I'm telling you. I think the children of the forrest will come into play some how (maybe in the scrolls) and Jon will attempt to end the war with diplomacy of some sort. 

I am still leaning on the theory that somebody sits out the white walker battle and makes a play for the throne while that is going on.  I thought maybe LF, but now I am thinking that Arya guts him, so now in order...

1.  Cersei.  She doesn't give two craps about much else, especially if Tyrion convinces Jaymee to help them.  She doesn't care is she is Queen of the Ashes.

2.  Euron.  The Greyjoys are rapers and pillagers.  That's been drilled into our heads - why couldn't they watch from the water while everybody else destroys themselves then swoop and and take over after.  Hell, they could even wait out winter if the the army of walkers gets far enough south to KL. 

3.  Iron Bank?  They are in the background and talked this week about having the army.  I think he also said they use the army to go in and take what is owed to them when they get to the point where they think they won't get paid. 

I guess if we are thinking that a battle for Kings Landing takes place after they take out the walkers, then it's remaining army's vs. whoever from the list is down there.

As far as whether Jon bent the knee to Dany, I got the impression that he absolutely did in the cave but the show didn't show it. I took the "tell" as when Davos was saying do we call you King Jon or King Snow shortly afterward, Jon said, "it doesn't matter". But not in a way like, either is fine, but rather, it's a non-issue so whatever. 

Did the fire and ice books come out before Kill Bill?

All this talk of Valeria steel reminds of hattori hanzo steel/swords.

Can someone remind me....why does Jon Snow "greet" Theon with such hostility? Is Jon unaware that Theon was tortured? Can't remember why he would hate him so much?

When I was reading the books, I thought he was the most interesting character.  How could somebody so bad become somebody you root for?  And yet, here I was rooting for him.  
Me too. The guy we first met who pushed Bran out the window seems like an entirely different character than who he is now. The smugness and attitude is long gone. 

Users who are viewing this thread