What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread - Divisionals - Washington V Seattle (1 Viewer)

The turnover didn't hurt the Seahawks
Sure it did, it took sure points off the board.
Not really. The score is still 0-0, we've just used up some of the first quarter. Seattle has the ball and start in good field position. Its like the game is starting now.
Yes, it is. That's because Seattle didn't score points there.It should be 3-0 or 7-0. How can you argue otherwise?
I think there are times when winning the battle of field position is just as important. I've seen many games where one team just keeps pinning the other one deep in their own end until they bust thru. Its part of football.

Are you guys really arguing about whether fumbling the ball at your opponents 10 yardline hurts your team or not? :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. The score is still 0-0, we've just used up some of the first quarter. Seattle has the ball and start in good field position. Its like the game is starting now.
Yes, it is. That's because Seattle didn't score points there.It should be 3-0 or 7-0. How can you argue otherwise?
I think there are times when winning the battle of field position is just as important. I've seen many games where one team just keeps pinning the other one deep in their own end until they bust thru. Its part of football.
Agreed. I think this could be a field position game. Which dont look good for skins.

Another way to look at it is when a team goes for 4th and 1 deep in the red zone and fail, people say it really is acceptable because they are pinning the other team back deep. Its the same thing.

There are times. One of those is not when you have 2nd and goal at the 9-yard line.I mean seriously now..

If he hadnt fumbled they would have already scored. What point are you trying to argue? The fumble took points off the board. What about that dont you understand?

Are you guys really arguing about whether fumbling the ball at your opponents 10 yardline hurts your team or not? :crazy:
So you would never go for a 4th and short deep in the red zone, because the points are more important than a potential turnover?

It's easy to dismiss it in the first quarter, but if the game is close in the fourth that turnover near the goalline will look awful important.Seahawks fumble again, but recover.

If he hadnt fumbled they would have already scored. What point are you trying to argue? The fumble took points off the board. What about that dont you understand?
The point I'm saying is it really didn't hurt the Seahawks.

Are you guys really arguing about whether fumbling the ball at your opponents 10 yardline hurts your team or not?  :crazy:
So you would never go for a 4th and short deep in the red zone, because the points are more important than a potential turnover?
Losing the ball on 2nd and goal(or whatever it was) is different.

God bless Citibank advertising that you can push "0" to talk to an operator.Wow thanks.What else? What?! I can use the card to purchase items! Get out!

For the record -- first and goal and coming away with no points is bad for your team, no matter what.Can we move on now?

With 2nd and goal at the 9, it was not the Seahawks goal to PIN the Redskins deep. They wanted to score. 4th and 1 is different than 2nd and goal. Your analogy stinks.

No because the end result is the same. Not scoring is acceptable because you are still pinning the other club back deep. Resulting in more short fields for yourself.

It's easy to dismiss it in the first quarter, but if the game is close that turnover near the goalling will look awful important.

Seahawks fumble again, but recover.
Man, Redskins sure are lucky that the other team always fumbles all the time.

Yes and you are wrong. It did hurt the Seahawks. It is still a 0-0 game.

I think Seahawks are looking more & more the product of a crap division.If they were in the NFC East they'd be watching this game from their couch.

Are you guys really arguing about whether fumbling the ball at your opponents 10 yardline hurts your team or not?  :crazy:
No because the end result is the same. Not scoring is acceptable because you are still pinning the other club back deep. Resulting in more short fields for yourself.
You mean a shorter field than already having the ball at the 9 yard line?

#1 - as a Redskins fan, Brown scares me as a punt returner and if he can't come back, that's not necessarily terrible#2 - Seattle is ripe to be taken if only the Skins can mount some offense here and put the pressure on.

Agreed. I think this could be a field position game. Which dont look good for skins.
I disagree. A field position game is exactly what the Redskins want. What they dont want is a shootout. This type of game is favoring the Redskins.

Football is a game of field position. The same reason you go for it on 4th and short deep in the red zone is the same reason why that turnover is acceptable.

I disagree. A field position game is exactly what the Redskins want. What they dont want is a shootout. This type of game is favoring the Redskins.
Right. Except that Skins avg. starting field position is the 9 yd line. That does not favor the Skins.

Special teams are shining on both sides. The Redskins special teams have made some nice plays preventing the Seahawks from starting these drives at about the 50.

Football is a game of field position. The same reason you go for it on 4th and short deep in the red zone is the same reason why that turnover is acceptable.
This is the worst argument I've heard in a long time. I hope you're :fishing:

o/u on SA fumbles today -- 2.5. He looks shaky.

Another batted ball -- that's just luck too. Simms says he had two 20-yard completions negated by batted balls last week.
That should count as a fumble. Will go with the under, though, coz he won't be back.

You have to wonder if its too loud to call plays sometimes for the Redskins when they are backed up like this.

Wow, really looking like the under is $$ already. This latest development just adds to the thought that Alexander is soft (although the Redskins are really punishing him).

Users who are viewing this thread