What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W17 - Washington V Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

And the Redskins finish beating the entire NFC East by a score of 101-47.Hello Tampa Bay. It'll be nice to see you again. :boxing:

Sorry but I have to gloat here:

I predict that the Skins finish 10-6 and enter the playoffs as a wild card(just like the Ravens did). Then if they get hot at the right time, they could make a similar run.

Sorry but I have to gloat here:

I predict that the Skins finish 10-6 and enter the playoffs as a wild card(just like the Ravens did). Then if they get hot at the right time, they could make a similar run.
good call jwvdcw :thumbup: - I know you took a lot of flack from many on this board regarding your skins predictions so it is good to see your predictions pan out.

The Eagles deserve a lot of credit today. Without 3 offensive stars they played a very tough game and led at one time 17-7.Redskins deserve credit for the final 24-3 scoring run to close out the game.

Hello Tampa Bay. It'll be nice to see you again. :boxing:
:goodposting: Couldn't have said it better myself. We owe them a whuppin'.

Plenty of work to do between now and then, though. Gotta get healthy on a short week, and find a way to put some heat on Simms before he gets a chance to find Galloway roaming around in that M.A.S.H. Unit we're calling a secondary right now...

As much as I LIKE the matchup from a competitive standpoint, it's far from a good one, unless we're able to punch Simms in the mouth repeatedly from the get-go...

...but for now, congratulations to Coach Gibbs for taking the Redskins back to the postseason.

Having been a fan for all of the past 37 years that I'm capable of remembering, and having gone through the 'glory years' of Gibbs' first run as a teenager and young adult, in a way it doesn't sit well with me to be so elated over winning the 6th Seed. I have to keep reminding myself that for this team to have managed to navigate that schedule and come away with 10 wins, no matter how ugly some of them were, along with that absolutely horrible string of losses in November, is really an accomplishment. Even with Gibbs at the helm, I would have thought that it would have taken at least 2 years to 'de-Spurrierize' this team, but it looks as though he's got things ahead of schedule.

Beating the Bucs would be a great poetic justice, but if we win, I'm sure Seattle would LOVE to get a shot at us in their house, after the narrow escape we got against them in Week 4...if I'm not mistaken, that's the last game they lost until today vs Favre.

Tough row to hoe ahead, but at least we're still playing, and it's been far too long since we've been able to say that.

Even with Gibbs at the helm, I would have thought that it would have taken at least 2 years to 'de-Spurrierize' this team, but it looks as though he's got things ahead of schedule.
This team was "de-Spurrierized" by the end of last season when it was playing its best football of that season and ended by beating Minnesota and the Giants. The team chemistry was no worse last year than this year. What they've done is had a great offseason of work together (more evidence of the above) and simply grown within the schemes. I'm loving this team for its heart, and that's a great asset to have given that you're headed into playoffs wherein you'll never have a home game. :)

Users who are viewing this thread