What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W2 - Tennessee V Cincinnati (1 Viewer)

Go Bengals!

*sigh*

I haven't had this much dread going into a game in a long long time. I'm hoping for the best, but just don't expect it.

In a perfect world we'll face some early adversity and actually show some heart and come back to win with the key guys performing.

Second to that would be blowing 'em out, which I just don't see happening.

Hope I'm wrong, but after last week, going against this defense I doubt it. Watch how Fisher's team reacts to adversity, somehow I think ther'll be a difference.

-QG

PS - Who Dey

For those of you watching, any comments on how the wind is affecting passes or the game as a whole?

Palmer's passes seem to have been affected by the wind, while Collins has been somewhat effective... :banned:

chris johnson has looked baaaaaad so far. white, meanwhile, is having a good game.
CJ has not looked bad so much, Cincy D has keyed in on him when he's in. The offense needs to mix it up cuz it's obvious they are going to him when he's there. Plus give credit to Cincy, they were embarrassed last week...They want and NEED this one.

chris johnson has looked baaaaaad so far. white, meanwhile, is having a good game.
CJ has not looked bad so much, Cincy D has keyed in on him when he's in. The offense needs to mix it up cuz it's obvious they are going to him when he's there. Plus give credit to Cincy, they were embarrassed last week...They want and NEED this one.
I don't think Johnson matches up very well with the Cincy D. Their linebackers are more fast than they are big, which bodes well for a big bruising RB like White, but not so much for a speed guy like Johnson.

CJ just hasn't had anywhere to run. That said, besides his obvious talent, this guy is going to be a big-time stud in TEN. The only question in my mind was could he be a FF stud his rookie year. I predicted CJ would take over the feature role around week 6, but he's already the starter & I don't think it'll be that long. Watch his 2nd carry of the game on ST Shorcuts later this week if you get a chance. That's why I've said he can run inside. I don't believe he gained a yard, but he powered thru 2 or 3 defenders in the backfield & got close to the LOS.

Without looking, I think he got close to 20 touches last week & that's likely what you'll see for awhile. He'll eventually make White a straight backup, tho.

Perry TD! He looks pretty solid, but these announcers are very bad.

Last play calling a first down when the ball was being clearly spotted a yard short was terrible.

1-10-CIN 20 :-)58) C.Johnson to CIN 11 for 9 yards (C.Ndukwe).

2-12-TEN 29 (1:21) C.Johnson right guard to CIN 20 for 51 yards (M.White).

That is the CJ we know and love!! :thumbup:

TJ No-Receptions-zadeh
What's the deal with this? Are they looking his way? Does he have CB1 on him?
Anybody? Somebody has to be watching the game...
Watching and basically it's very windy. Line is not giving Palmer loads of time so he's using the check down whenever possible. Bengals seem committed to running into the wind. They will be into the wind in the 3rd quarter as well.No huddle is helping some for Palmer, but still having to get rid of it quickly.

TJ No-Receptions-zadeh
Watching and basically it's very windy. Line is not giving Palmer loads of time so he's using the check down whenever possible. Bengals seem committed to running into the wind. They will be into the wind in the 3rd quarter as well.No huddle is helping some for Palmer, but still having to get rid of it quickly.
0 targets for Housh is the bigger problem. Palmer started connecting with Johnson in the second quarter and he's connected with Chatman and Kelly. But 0 targets for Housh in the first half is shocking. How does that even happen?

TJ No-Receptions-zadeh
Thx! I would have thought Housh would get some TE-like looks over the middle....if Palmer has little time to throw. Man, the whole Bengals team is so screwed this year.

TJ No-Receptions-zadeh
0 targets for Housh is the bigger problem. Palmer started connecting with Johnson in the second quarter and he's connected with Chatman and Kelly. But 0 targets for Housh in the first half is shocking. How does that even happen?
:) Who knows? The same way that T Holt only gets 2 targets the entire game in week 1 I guess. Unfortunately, a certain SP poster has both Housh and Holt. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread