What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W5 - Washington V Denver (1 Viewer)

Man, Santana Moss seems alot better than Coles ever was. GB Vinny Cerrato. :thumbup:
He's been a consistent play each week. That's a heck of a lot more than I can of Stallworth, who was ranked higher than Moss in most rankings this week.

would've been nice to know if Novak nailed the 54 yarder before half - even though it would've been negated by penalty.these announcers are a bigger joke than these refs

would've been nice to know if Novak nailed the 54 yarder before half - even though it would've been negated by penalty.

these announcers are a bigger joke than these refs
He didn't it was short.

from anyone watching the game. Who is getting more carries bell or anderson?
rushing stats...ATT YDS TD LG

T. Bell 6 110 2 55

M. Anderson 8 27 0 9

Wash is no slouch on Run D either.

Thanks jack. Hoping this does not signal the end of Anderson.
It's going to signal at least full-fleged RBBC for the near term, making Anderson unstartable. Wish I was able to trade him away. It wasn't from lack of trying.

from anyone watching the game. Who is getting more carries bell or anderson?
bell has got 6 carries for 110 2 Tds :eek: anderson has got 8 carries for 27 yards

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to signal at least full-fleged RBBC for the near term, making Anderson unstartable. Wish I was able to trade him away. It wasn't from lack of trying.
So you think neither will be startable now since it will be hard to predict?

Both Bell's long runs were on short yardage plays, too. He found openings outside, cut quicker than any defenders could on the wet field, and was gone each time. Good play call for the right player. Damn good job by Denver.Pains me to say that as a Skins fan, but give credit where credit is due.

No RBBC in Denver. Never will be. Not Shanahan's style.The carries for Anderson and Bell have been misleading so far. Had Bell not ripped off 2 55 yard runs, you can assume that Anderson would have got a number of carries as the Broncos moved the ball down the field. Anderson has just lost carries because Bell scored from such a distance.

NOW, that's not to say that Bell won't supplant Anderson as the starter. And for those of us with both players, that would be a dream. But there's not going to be a RBBC in Denver.

1-10-DEN 29 (3:45) R.Smith pass incomplete to A.Lelie.2-10-DEN 29 (3:38) J.Plummer pass to R.Smith to DEN 39 for 10 yards (C.Rogers).1-10-DEN 39 (3:03) T.Bell left tackle to DEN 45 for 6 yards (R.Clark).2-4-DEN 45 (2:29) J.Plummer right end to WAS 49 for 6 yards (R.Boschetti).1-10-WAS 49 (1:47) T.Bell left tackle to WAS 49 for no gain (C.Rogers).2-10-WAS 49 (1:07) J.Plummer pass incomplete to K.Johnson.
Now Bell is back in. Wonder if we'll see any more Anderson tonight?

anyone start Bell today? I had to choose between Bell and Barlow with Holmes on a bye, I picked Bell :)

anyone start Bell today? I had to choose between Bell and Barlow with Holmes on a bye, I picked Bell :)
I almost did but started Freddy Taylor instead... :(

Portis has put up decent numbers. How does he look?
Portis looks good, not great. Has learned to wait for blockers to create holes, and is hitting them a bit better today. Redskins running game still bogs down in short yardage, though.

Is Rod Smith playing?
Yes, he's been missed a couple times and even had a failed reverse pass play.ETA - It's cold and raining...miserable passing conditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone notice the play with just over 1 min left in the 3rd when Bell slipped running left?Right after, Nalen walks back to Plummer, stands shoulder-pad-to-shoulder-pad with him. His back was to the camera, but he starts talking, looks at the Redskin D, then down to his hands. Plummer looks down. Made me LOL as it looked just like a playground move.

Users who are viewing this thread