What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W6 - San Diego V Oakland (1 Viewer)

How many times has an RB passed for 2 TDs in the same season?
Once before now. Alfred Anderson (RB, MIN) did it in 1984.
The historical data dominator doesn't have any of Walter Payton's passing TDs in there. In his 13 year career, he had 8 TDs. I don't know the annual breakdown, but I'd wager that he had one year of multiple TD passes.http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=174
He had 3 in 1983. Just did a better google search.http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/players.nsf/ID/05620004

Oct 16 Moss left Sunday's game against the Chargers in the first quarter after landing hard on his tailbone.Recommendation: More on Moss' status as it becomes available.

How many drops does Porter have today? Man, you're lucky if Collins hits you in stride. Can't be dropping the few passes that are on target.

Announcers on TV are saying Moss reaggravated his old groin injury. So far he's not back in... No need to remind Moss owners of how poorly he played last year after his injury.

N.Kaeding kicks 67 yards from SD 30 to OAK 3. C.Carr to OAK 28 for 25 yards (S.Cooper).OAK-R.Moss was injured during the play. His return is Doubtful.WTF was he in on ST??well my seasons is donego him and djax in 1 league and him and walker in another

Last edited by a moderator:
N.Kaeding kicks 67 yards from SD 30 to OAK 3. C.Carr to OAK 28 for 25 yards (S.Cooper).OAK-R.Moss was injured during the play. His return is Doubtful.

WTF was he in on ST??

well my seasons is done

go him and djax in 1 league and him and walker in another
No. Not sure what NFL.com is talking about.

N.Kaeding kicks 67 yards from SD 30 to OAK 3. C.Carr to OAK 28 for 25 yards (S.Cooper).OAK-R.Moss was injured during the play. His return is Doubtful.

WTF was he in on ST??

well my seasons is done

go him and djax in 1 league and him and walker in another
Please learn to type and please have something to say besides what you normally say to yourself as you wander the streets with your shiny shopping cart and multiple coats.

Oakland Raiders begin at 10:001-10-OAK 16 (10:00) K.Collins pass incomplete to J.Porter (D.Edwards).2-10-OAK 16 (9:55) L.Jordan left guard to OAK 20 for 4 yards (R.Godfrey).3-6-OAK 20 (9:16) K.Collins pass incomplete to C.AndersonThis may as well have been every raiders drive today

Moss is done for the day, I think.I really needed a few points from him, too. I'm losing by 4.Sigh.

Oct 16 Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss left early in the first quarter of Sunday's game with a groin injury. He returned in the second quarter briefly before heading back to the sidelines. He is considered questionable to return.

Views: The loss of Moss would obviously significantly impact fantasy teams who spent an early pick or significant auction dollars to get him. Considering this is the same guy who was sidelined three games with a hamstring injury last year, color us concerned.

Oct 16 Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss left early in the first quarter of Sunday's game with a groin injury. He returned in the second quarter briefly before heading back to the sidelines. He is considered questionable to return.

Views: The loss of Moss would obviously significantly impact fantasy teams who spent an early pick or significant auction dollars to get him. Considering this is the same guy who was sidelined three games with a hamstring injury last year, color us concerned.
Yep, I can already see this injury lingering. He's costing me a win this week -- all I needed was four points -- and he's going to hurt those of us who own him for the next few, I'm betting. I really thought I had a stud fantasy squad with Moss, Owens and Gonzalez.

Uhhh... no. Lucky to be 3-3.

The fact is that most people in this forum can't write very well. It's something you have to get used to. We are here for football and not for English lessons.

Tomlinson is being shut down and here come the Raiders.
whatever...1-20-SD 17 (15:00) L.Tomlinson up the middle to SD 32 for 15 yards (R.Hill).

2-5-SD 32 (14:26) L.Tomlinson up the middle to SD 36 for 4 yards (K.Morrison).

200 yards rushing here we come :D

not to mention that receiving and passing TD :P

Yep, I can already see this injury lingering. He's costing me a win this week -- all I needed was four points -- and he's going to hurt those of us who own him for the next few, I'm betting. I really thought I had a stud fantasy squad with Moss, Owens and Gonzalez.

Uhhh... no. Lucky to be 3-3.
heh, I thought I had a squad with S.Moss, Holt, R.Moss and SA. Moss could be out a while so I'm going to trade him while I can.

There was a period of time during the game where he was doing nothing and the Raiders started to come back. That's the period I was talking about. It's ok if you don't understand that.

There was a period of time during the game where he was doing nothing and the Raiders started to come back. That's the period I was talking about. It's ok if you don't understand that.
The Chargers went up 27-7 after a Kaeding FG. Since that time, Tomlinson has 3 carries for 22 yards. It's ok if you don't understand that.

Nfl.com says Jerry Porter caught 2 passes in a row during the Raiders' last drive. That's the high point of his season.

For the 3rd quarter, he was 5 for 15 rushing with one pass incomplete to him. Understand that, poor boy.
But you said Tomlinson was doing nothing AND the Raiders were coming back. Both of those things weren't happening at the same time. Three of TOmlinson's short carries came during the drive when they added a FG. I fail to see how the Chargers adding three more points constitutes the same time period as when the Raiders were coming back.

What's up with Gates? 1 catch for 17 yard? He's not hurt is he? I'm assuming they have a big lead and are running the ball. I still can't figure out why Gates hasn't gotten a few more touches.

What's up with Gates? 1 catch for 17 yard? He's not hurt is he? I'm assuming they have a big lead and are running the ball. I still can't figure out why Gates hasn't gotten a few more touches.
No Gates isn't hurt. He's been thrown to 5 times, including once in the end zone where he was overthrown. Just hasn't been a huge part of the game plan today. Even the best players are going to have a quiet game now and again.

It's close, but so far they don't have a shot of the ball so it's tough to say when it came out... not sure they've got the evidence here.

It's close, but so far they don't have a shot of the ball so it's tough to say when it came out... not sure they've got the evidence here.
Except for him laying on his back while still holding the ball. :P

Except for him laying on his back while still holding the ball. :P
Interesting. I'm watching the game and I haven't seen one angle that shows the ball when you see his body hit.

Users who are viewing this thread