What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W7 - Denver V Miami (2 Viewers)

Whew, that was close, Dolphins almost ruined their shot at Luck. Thank Tebow that the Tebow's came back for the win.

Now the next bullet to dodge is Sporano getting fired. Gotta hold onto him as far into this season as we can.

Against one of the worst defenses in the NFL, Tebow looked horrible as a typical NFL (ie throwing) QB. One long passing play and the luck of a recovered onside kick gave Denver a short field in the 4th quarter. I blame Miami for those plays rather than praising Denver for making them.

I watched a lot of the early parts of the game. Tebow looked horrible.

Would I want Tebow as a fantasy QB on my redraft team? sure.

Would I want Tebow as a fantasy QB on my dynasty team? sure, so I can trade him to some bible-thumping sucker for a real QB.

The kneel down and pray after the fg went in just put the cherry on top of my Tebow hate.
Really? You hate a man for praying?
Tebow? Absolutely.
so other people can pray, just not tebow?
I am an atheist but I don't care if he prays. He has a right. I never liked the bible verses on his face when he was playing for a public university.
i'm a nontheist and find antitheists way more annoying than theists. the bible verses were a problem, but not because they were bible verses... and there's nothing wrong with the guy taking a knee for a quick prayer, especially since so many players already do the same. for all we know, he was just reminding himself to stay humble and gracious.

The kneel down and pray after the fg went in just put the cherry on top of my Tebow hate.
Tebow? Absolutely.
It isn't the praying, it is the obvious attention drawing praying that irks me. We get it, you believe in the Easter bunny, congrats.
I didn't see the part where he looked around for a camera before praying.

Tebow? Absolutely.
It isn't the praying, it is the obvious attention drawing praying that irks me. We get it, you believe in the Easter bunny, congrats.
see how many assumptions you make? tebow doesn't control the cameras, nor do i believe in the easter bunny (or, for that matter, god).the problem here is you and your poor attitude. have some respect for the constitutional freedom of religious expression and stop trying to dictate to other people their religious identity.

Tebow? Absolutely.
:goodposting:Someone needs to read Matthew 6:5 to him.

Tebow? Absolutely.
nor was he likely the only player praying at that moment. how dare the cameras show the winning quarterback.

Tebow? Absolutely.
see how many assumptions you make? tebow doesn't control the cameras, nor do i believe in the easter bunny (or, for that matter, god).the problem here is you and your poor attitude. have some respect for the constitutional freedom of religious expression and stop trying to dictate to other people their religious identity.
You'd be silly to think that he doesn't know the cameras will be on him. He's a highly followed starting NFL QB.

Tebow? Absolutely.
:goodposting:Someone needs to read Matthew 6:5 to him.
sure, but then why no hate for all the other players who pray before/during/after games? and what about team prayers, especially ones led by coaches?

Tebow? Absolutely.
You seem pretty intelligent. I know you aren't that naive.

Tebow? Absolutely.
You'd be silly to think that he doesn't know the cameras will be on him. He's a highly followed starting NFL QB.
and you'd be silly to think that i would think that. besides, just because cameras are on him doesn't mean that's what gets broadcast. are you suggesting he discard his religious identity (i.e. his identity) altogether whenever cameras are present?

Football players pray on the field at the end of games all the time. You can see it at every single game, college or pro. It just isn't usually put on TV.

Hey Pizza, did you hate Reggie White?

Tebow? Absolutely.
and you'd be silly to think that i would think that. besides, just because cameras are on him doesn't mean that's what gets broadcast. are you suggesting he discard his religious identity (i.e. his identity) altogether whenever cameras are present?
excellent post . . .

Lol There are really people who hate that Tebow is a Christian and prays??? What a bunch of tools.
i think some people view public religious expression as a form of implied condemnation, where tebow doing a quick prayer means he thinks he's better than all the non-christians or something. perhaps he does (i wouldn't know), but i'm more offended by all the violent criminals collecting paychecks and crowing about themselves than i am by a person who's trying to stay grounded despite that environment.

Tebow? Absolutely.
:shrug:Maybe you're giving me too much credit, but I think the guy would pray regardless of whether or not he thought it was going to get put on television.

Lol There are really people who hate that Tebow is a Christian and prays??? What a bunch of tools.
No more toolish than claiming Tebow doesn't know the camera is on him when he prays at midfield.
your post would have merit ONLY IF he is praying for JUST FOR the cameras . . .I guess according to you he never prays away fromthe spotlight . . .
Then let me rephrase: it's no more toolish than fanboys who twist the words of others when faced with the slightest bit of criticism.

Tebow? Absolutely.
:shrug:Maybe you're giving me too much credit, but I think the guy would pray regardless of whether or not he thought it was going to get put on television.
:goodposting: I think a lot of people's biggest problem with him is that they don't or can't believe he's genuine. I'm with you though - I think he'd have prayed regardless.

Tebow? Absolutely.
:goodposting: I think a lot of people's biggest problem with him is that they don't or can't believe he's genuine. I'm with you though - I think he'd have prayed regardless.
The dude gives thanks when he takes a dump in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread