What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W7 - San Diego V Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

Iggles are going nowhere fast throwing the ball 54 times...you aren't going to win anything with a gameplan like that, I'm sorry.
This part doesn't worry me much. With the guys they have throwing and catching the football, I'm ok with 50 passes a game.That defense was amazing today. Considering how the Cowboys ran all over them, this was an even bigger display.

J

17 for 7 says it all. Over half of his rushes were negative yards. Any team can stack up against him now and he'll fail just like he did against the Eagles. Time to move this guy while you still can.
Huh?
For those who can't speak English, the German Shark Pool is found through another place on the site.
Actually the "Huh" was for you. Are you stating that now is the time to try and trade LT?

Iggles are going nowhere fast throwing the ball 54 times...you aren't going to win anything with a gameplan like that, I'm sorry.
This part doesn't worry me much. With the guys they have throwing and catching the football, I'm ok with 50 passes a game.That defense was amazing today. Considering how the Cowboys ran all over them, this was an even bigger display.

J
I couldn't disagree more about throwing so much, but that's ok. The Iggle D was very impressive today, that's for sure. Any time you win the way the Iggles won, you should really consider yourself very, very, very lucky. That was a "should have lost" game...so was the KC game...and come to think of it, so was the Raider game. It's only a matter of time until the ruse is up and the Iggles get overtaken by the Cowboys and/or G-men.

J
I couldn't disagree more about throwing so much, but that's ok. The Iggle D was very impressive today, that's for sure. Any time you win the way the Iggles won, you should really consider yourself very, very, very lucky. That was a "should have lost" game...so was the KC game...and come to think of it, so was the Raider game. It's only a matter of time until the ruse is up and the Iggles get overtaken by the Cowboys and/or G-men.
The ruse?? Geez, you make it sound like the last 4 or 5 years have been undeserved. Birds are 4-2 and every win in the NFL is earned and deserved. Someday the Cowboys and/or the Giants will overtake the Eagles. Until then:Fly Eagles Fly

On the Road to Victory

Fight Eagles Fight

Score a Touchdown 1-2-3

Hit 'em Low

Hit 'em High

And Watch Our Eagles Fly

Fly Eagles Fly

On the Road to Victory!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!

17 for 7 says it all. Over half of his rushes were negative yards. Any team can stack up against him now and he'll fail just like he did against the Eagles. Time to move this guy while you still can.
Huh?
For those who can't speak English, the German Shark Pool is found through another place on the site.
For those that are the typical St. Cloud resident, (Drunk), are you saying LT is done? No more good games? Might as well try and trade him because he isn't going to do anything else this year?

J
The ruse?? Geez, you make it sound like the last 4 or 5 years have been undeserved. Birds are 4-2 and every win in the NFL is earned and deserved. Someday the Cowboys and/or the Giants will overtake the Eagles. Until then:Fly Eagles Fly

On the Road to Victory

Fight Eagles Fight

Score a Touchdown 1-2-3

Hit 'em Low

Hit 'em High

And Watch Our Eagles Fly

Fly Eagles Fly

On the Road to Victory!

People ask me..."You live in Philly, why do you not like the Iggles?"...see above.

J

On the Road to Victory

Fight Eagles Fight

Score a Touchdown 1-2-3

Hit 'em Low

Hit 'em High

And Watch Our Eagles Fly

Fly Eagles Fly

On the Road to Victory!

People ask me..."You live in Philly, why do you not like the Iggles?"...see above.
First, I don't live in Philly (or PA for that matter). Second, you say the Eagles were "very very very lucky" to win the game. Seems you want to dismiss a dominant defensive effort and a hugh special teams play. You're also dismissing that while DMac has not played up to his standards, he still threw for 287 yds and a TD. The object of the game is to score more points than your opponent within a 60 minute time frame. The Eagles did that. They were not lucky. Did you have LT in your lineup today?Fly Eagles Fly

On the Road to Victory

Fight Eagles Fight

Score a Touchdown 1-2-3

Hit 'em Low

Hit 'em High

And Watch Our Eagles Fly

Fly Eagles Fly

On the Road to Victory!

:bye:

I didn't say "YOU" lived in Philly, I said I do...I don't need to know where you live to know all I need to know about you.and if you can objectively look at that game and say they Iggles deserved to win, you really are a typical Iggle fan...or exactly like the ones I know anyway. there's no shame in saying "Man, we were fortunate to block a FG and return it for a TD in the last 3 mins of the game to win". It's not often you're ever going to be able to say that...I said the Iggle D was very impressive. McNubb did pass for 280+ yards but I think it's plain to see he's not "right". The San Diego pass def is not very highly regarded, is it? That said I think we all knew he would post decent numbers...I just didn't think it would take 54 pass attempts to get those 280 yds...Regardless, I think the Iggle offesive game plan is not very sound, but what do I know. We'll all see if they win the Super Bowl or not. I'm sure this is their year...

I didn't say "YOU" lived in Philly, I said I do...I don't need to know where you live to know all I need to know about you.

and if you can objectively look at that game and say they Iggles deserved to win, you really are a typical Iggle fan...or exactly like the ones I know anyway. there's no shame in saying "Man, we were fortunate to block a FG and return it for a TD in the last 3 mins of the game to win". It's not often you're ever going to be able to say that...

I said the Iggle D was very impressive. McNubb did pass for 280+ yards but I think it's plain to see he's not "right". The San Diego pass def is not very highly regarded, is it? That said I think we all knew he would post decent numbers...I just didn't think it would take 54 pass attempts to get those 280 yds...

Regardless, I think the Iggle offesive game plan is not very sound, but what do I know. We'll all see if they win the Super Bowl or not. I'm sure this is their year...
If the Philly D was as dominant as they were, a block FG for a TD would have been meaningess. Its a team game. It was not luck. And you're right...McNabb is not right. And yet the Birds are 4-2. Go figure. Can't be that they are a good "TEAM". Must be luck.

We'll see if they win the Super Bowl then. Like I said, after 45 years, I'm positive THIS is the year.
Heh heh...there ya go, now you're on board :thumbup: FWIW, I don't think they're as good as last year. I don't think McNabb's going to last the season and they could very well not make the playoffs. But until they start losing....E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

There you go. All is well in Iggle-ville. Everything's a beautiful shade of green and silver and the Andy Reid Kool-Aid is a fine vintage this year. Fine vintage!Fly, fly, fly...

Users who are viewing this thread