What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W8 - Green Bay V Cincinnati (1 Viewer)

Did that really just happen? Talk about a momentum killer. Packers driving, and ####ing fan take the ball from Favre?
Umm, driving?one PI and then a weird fan play, then a sack, then a stupid bonehead play by Favre is a "drive?"
Did the ball get moved down the field or not? For christ's sake, get your head out of your ###.

Yeah, real funny. I mean, that doesn't throw you off at all on offense does it? That's horse####. Green Bay's driving, has momentum, and that play just changed everything. Nice job Cincy fans........
How did that fan get as far as he did?

Yeah, real funny. I mean, that doesn't throw you off at all on offense does it? That's horse####. Green Bay's driving, has momentum, and that play just changed everything. Nice job Cincy fans........
Pure BS there. I know it does not happen much but there should have been a penalty for that and should have a rule implemented for doing things like that.

See Levin post...a miscalled 50 yard penalty doesn't = a drive.

Didn't see the play so can't comment on the fan but.5 INT's by Favre and you are blaming a fan for losing?? :lmao:

Did that really just happen? Talk about a momentum killer. Packers driving, and ####ing fan take the ball from Favre?
Umm, driving?one PI and then a weird fan play, then a sack, then a stupid bonehead play by Favre is a "drive?"
:goodposting:
By the way tough guy, the "weird fan play" screwed up any momentum they had, which then led to the sack. The play they ran was not the play the called on the "weird fan play." Sorry, it's horse####.

It looked like a drive to me. You also missed the completed pass that got the Packers near the 30 yard line.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was not a miscalled penalty as you put it. Should a penalty be called like that... I agree it could have gone a no call but the defender never did turn around nor was he playing the ball. A clear PI.

Two refs threw a flag on that play. The DB clearly impeded the route.

By the way tough guy, the "weird fan play" screwed up any momentum they had, which then led to the sack. The play they ran was not the play the called on the "weird fan play." Sorry, it's horse####.
"Tough guy"? LMAO...they had no momentum and the fan had nothing to do with the Packers losing the game...however, the 5 interceptions did.

Didn't see the play so can't comment on the fan but.

5 INT's by Favre and you are blaming a fan for losing??

:lmao:
No, I'm not. I'm blaming the fan for taking away momentum on a key drive. I didn't say anythign about it costing them the game.Care to read any of my posts?

Pure BS there. I know it does not happen much but there should have been a penalty for that and should have a rule implemented for doing things like that.
What would stop a fan buying a shirt of the opposing team and then pull that stunt?

"Tough guy"? LMAO...they had no momentum and the fan had nothing to do with the Packers losing the game...however, the 5 interceptions did.
Again, where did I say it cost them the game? Nice reading comprehension....

Reading skills down? People were saying that what little chance the Packers had was hurt by the momentum killer of some fan running all over the field and grabbing the ball. That point is debatable, but different from blaming the loss on the fan.

It was not a miscalled penalty as you put it. Should a penalty be called like that... I agree it could have gone a no call but the defender never did turn around nor was he playing the ball. A clear PI.
Actually, his head was turing around just as the reciever ran him over...no call at worst, offensive interference would have also been a valid call. The only bad call was the one that the Refs made.

Reading skills down? People were saying that what little chance the Packers had was hurt by the momentum killer of some fan running all over the field and grabbing the ball. That point is debatable, but different from blaming the loss on the fan.
Someone who can READ! Lord have mercy, it can't be true!

Actually, his head was turing around just as the reciever ran him over...no call at worst, offensive interference would have also been a valid call. The only bad call was the one that the Refs made.
Watch the play again and you will see the DB CLEARLY impeded the route.Deal with it, it was a good call and it didn't influence the outcome of the game.

Head turning and head already turned are two differnet things. Plus he was not playing the ball. Now you call it what you will but a miscall of a PI it was not. Ticky Tack maybe since it was late in the game... but he did impede the WR and never played the ball. That is the definition of a PI.

That pass intereference call gets called sometimes, but not always. I never know when the heck they are going to call it, but it's always fun to hear the announcers try to make sense of it.

No, I'm not. I'm blaming the fan for taking away momentum on a key drive. I didn't say anythign about it costing them the game.Care to read any of my posts?
Ws I replying directly to your post?? :rolleyes: Just in whole, all the complaints seem to be blaming the fan for losing and not Favre for 5 INT's.

Really, you should be :bow: to the Bengals for even letting that last drive mean something.

5 INT's by 1 QB should NEVER allow a team to be within 7 of tieing a game.

Just ask us Viking fans. ;)

Ws I replying directly to your post?? :rolleyes: Just in whole, all the complaints seem to be blaming the fan for losing and not Favre for 5 INT's.

Really, you should be :bow: to the Bengals for even letting that last drive mean something.

5 INT's by 1 QB should NEVER allow a team to be within 7 of tieing a game.

Just ask us Viking fans. ;)
:rolleyes:

Again, where did I say it cost them the game? Nice reading comprehension....
Boy, you're a bitter little fella...you've probably got another 7-8 losses to go this season, so time to mellow out a bit about things that are out of your control.

Again, LOL at a Viking fan trying to talk smack. :lmao:
:boxing: Vikes 2-5

Packers 1-6

:boxing:

:hophead:
I wasn't talking smack, just laughing at a Viking fan trying to. :lmao:
Difference between smack and truth.. All I did was post the truth about 5 INT's.
Of course you did. LOL at a Viking having to troll into a Packer thread. Great work, Snagger!

Packers 1-6

Difference between smack and truth.. All I did was post the truth about 5 INT's.
Of course you did. LOL at a Viking having to troll into a Packer thread. Great work, Snagger!
hehehe Sometimes it's just to easy on these :fishing: ;)

Packers 1-6

Nice backpeddle. Now get back to charting the course of the next Love Boat. :thumbup:

Can anyone tell me where Brady Poppinga was all day. FBG rated him top 50 at LB and I was in a jam so I bit ...... any info appreciated

Packers 1-6

Nice backpeddle. Now get back to charting the course of the next Love Boat. :thumbup:
:lmao: Charting it??

Hell I've already paid for my invite!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :popcorn:

Packers 1-6

I'm not a fan of either team, but IIRC the packers have been in every game but game 1 (which they lost by 2 tds), whereas the vikes have lost by a margin ranging from 11-29pts. even though they aren't winning right now, i'd be more optimistic about my team if i were a packers fan especially with the potential loss of Culpepper :popcorn:

The only replay angle we had at the actual game showed the GB receiver grabbing the arm of the DB, who appeared to have better position on the ball, and whose head was turning to track the pass to make a play on it.My seats are in the south endzone, which was away from the play, but that's what it looked like to me.TV may have showed something different, but it looked like a horrible call in person, and frankly, I'm a little surprised and glad that a bunch of junk didn't get tossed onto the field. I'm also relieved the drunk idiot didn't go after the ref, which was what I thought he was doing.I'd counter the "changed the momentum" theory with the "it stopped the clock for the Packers and let them take a full huddle" theory as to the fan's impact on the game. For what it's worth, the guy on the field made it nearly to the other endzone after taking the ball, made a cut that resulted in two security guys taking each other out with a shoulder-to-shoulder collision, then was totally blasted off his feet by a beefy security guy who came out of the endzone. He was then swarmed by about 7 other yellow yackets who just laid on top of him until the cops cuffed him.Anytime you see both feet come up off the ground at the same time, you know it was a good hit. Hope the Bengals' pathetic D-Line was watching and taking notes.

What in the hell is going on in this game?!?  Have Favre totally lost it?
No, he lost all of his weapons.
He's lost a couple of his bug guns no question, but yesterday, he forced WAY too many balls and he didn't have to. They were in the game, he didn't need to throw into double coverage 4 times like he did. This one is 90% on him. If he doesn't try and force passes when they didn't need him to, they might have won this game.Hell even with 5 int's they were in it until the end.

Favre gets too stubborn sometimes for his own good. He just cannot understand this team can't recover from stupid throws anymore.

4 of those 5 int's are all Favre. Granted he's trying to make something happen, but he didn't have to yesterday.

LMAO at the fan grabbing the ball. Hope security buried his face in the turf on the take down.
They did. I saw the video last night, this big guy just effing drilled him into the ground. Funny stuff.

Did the ball get moved down the field or not? For christ's sake, get your head out of your ###.
I agree, it's the last minute or so, and yes Levin they were driving. Geez I agree pull your head out, hater. :rolleyes:

What in the hell is going on in this game?!? Have Favre totally lost it?
No, he lost all of his weapons.
He's lost a couple of his bug guns no question, but yesterday, he forced WAY too many balls and he didn't have to. They were in the game, he didn't need to throw into double coverage 4 times like he did. This one is 90% on him. If he doesn't try and force passes when they didn't need him to, they might have won this game.Hell even with 5 int's they were in it until the end.

Favre gets too stubborn sometimes for his own good. He just cannot understand this team can't recover from stupid throws anymore.

4 of those 5 int's are all Favre. Granted he's trying to make something happen, but he didn't have to yesterday.
:goodposting: ESPN Postgame was talking about this last night. Basically saying Favre tried last week with the safe and true way, no INT's and lost, so they felt he decided to go back to his gunslinger days.

Old Favre it would have worked, but with the injury's to the WR Core, down to a 3rd string RB and Favre not getting any younger = 5 INT's.

Like you said, even with those 5 INT's the Packers still had a shot.

Too bad I was stuck with the Viking game :X would have liked to see if The Packers, other than the INT's, were playing that good, or if The Bengals went back to their Bungle ways. :confused:

No ones blaming the fan. But it was a momentum killer no question about it. You're in the 2 minute drill with less than a minute to go, then this crap happens and stalls the game while the Bengals are in retreat mode with Green Bay driving.

Packers 1-6

HA!!!!But we're in the lead in the Reggie Bush stakes! Suck on that one for awhile! :hophead:

Reggie Bush, Brett Favre, Javon Walker, plus a seasoned DEF.

Ain't no stopping the Pack in 2006! Whooooo

Packers 1-6

HA!!!!But we're in the lead in the Reggie Bush stakes! Suck on that one for awhile! :hophead:

Reggie Bush, Brett Favre, Javon Walker, plus a seasoned DEF.

Ain't no stopping the Pack in 2006! Whooooo
Could come down to the Nov. 21st game in Green Bay. ;) Besides, do you think Favre is coming back??

Watching the Highlights of yesterdays game, and how a lot of Bengals headed over to shake hands with Favre I got the feeling most believe this will be it for him. :shrug:

Watching the Highlights of yesterdays game, and how a lot of Bengals headed over to shake hands with Favre I got the feeling most believe this will be it for him. :shrug:
They were doing that because the last time Cincy played Green Bay was in 98. Even if Favre stays around for 2-3 more years they will never play Cincy again. That is why.

I didn't see the game and I'm curious, "How did Tony Fisher and the Packers running game look?"With the Bengals poorly ranked run defense, I would have thought they would have tried to control the clock and run the ball more often.Wazzup?? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread